murky veins

we're just like stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

685 w
fluff

The drumsticks she holds on to are growing warmer by the second. Her grip on it tightens, the part where she placed electrical tape is now wet and sticky with her never-ending respiration. She tries to calm herself, but ultimately fails in less than a second.

She goes out but then the smell of cigarette smoke intrudes her nostrils and fills her lungs within milliseconds. She's choking on it in no time.

"Ah, ." it's a familiar voice, but when she looks up she sees this unfamiliar face. He's stomping on the death stick already and is patting her on the back a little too hard. ", I'm sorry."

She shakes her head and composes herself but she can still feel the smoke circulating in her lungs. She tries to cough it out. "It's -" she shakes her head again. "Fine," before the guy can say anything else, she looks away and walks back inside. He doesn't call for her, just mutters a string of colorful words.

She's not coughing anymore by the time it's their turn. The shirt she's wearing is uncomfortable and she wants this performance to be quick, she tells this to her band mates and they unanimously agree to this. 

When she sits on the stool and positions her sticks in the dark and beats the hell out of the drums with all the might she has stored inside of her; some part of Jiyeon wishes this night won't ever end.

 

Somehow, the night does. It ends. Jiyeon and her band places second. First goes to this rockin' bad that had a hot vocalist and a sick lead guitarist. Third goes to this punk-rock band that did a good job in re-arranging the chords and beat for "Last Romeo." Second isn't so bad, it's actually a good start.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter