final

Maiden No More

Jonghyun was an adorable mate, Eunsook though when they both woke up after mating. Jonghyun was smiling brightly, his wings folded behind him and his tail protectively wrapped around both of them. He greeted her and asked if he was okay, if she wasn’t too hurt because he was having a hard time keeping self control.

 

“When you said that you were watching me..” Eunsook started.

 

“Oh, I am a couple of decades old, and when you were born, I was slated to choose a maiden sacrifice.” Jonghyun said casually.  “We kind of stalk around the village before the full moon so we know that we’ll get the perfect mate, but that was the year that you were born, right before Christmas, and I just felt connected to you.” Jonghyun uttered, blushing as he shyly took her hand.

 

“So you skipped mating?” Eunsook asked.

 

“Yeah, I passed it to my hyung.” Jonghyun explained.

 

“Then you stalked me?” Eunsook asked.

 

“I have to protect you from everyone else.” Jonghyun shrugged.

 

Their conversation ended when they heard a knock on the door and soon two dragons entered the room. “Forgive the intrusion, but the elders are calling for you Jonghyun hyung.” Minho uttered.

 

“Are they steaming angry?” Jonghyun inquired and Minho nodded. “Okay. Take care of my mate.” Jonghyun uttered and Minho nodded, gesturing to the female dragon next to him.

 

“I’m Taeyon, My lord.” She introduced herself.

 

“Oh, I know you!” Jonghyun chirped and walked towards Minho and punched his arm lightly while grinning.

 

The two dragons stepped out of the room while the female dragon Taeyon bowed to Eunsook. “I will prepare your bath my lady.” She uttered and Eunsook smiled at her.

 

“Please call me eonnie.” Eunsook uttered, stepping off of the bed and walking, slowly because Jonghyun did ravage her, towards the bathroom.

 

“I do not deserve to address you informally, my lady.” Taeyon uttered, pouring some lemon scented soap to the wooden tub.

 

“Why not, it’s not like Jonghyun is the prince or something.” Eunsook joked but Taeyon wasn’t laughing. Eunsook paled and then gasped. “He is a prince isn’t he?” Eunsook asked and Taeyon nodded.

 

“He is our alpha successor.” Taeyon uttered and Eunsook sighed.

 

“I didn’t think he’ll be a big shot.” EUnsook uttered.

 

“Don’t worry my lady, he is the kindest alpha in the clan.” Taeyon uttered as she took the shampoo and washed Eunsook’s hair. “And every dragon in town had hopes to mate with him.” She continued, massaging Eunsook’s scalp. “But he only had eyes for you my lady, and he often gets in trouble for it.” Taeyon uttered and Eunsook sighed.

 

“Shouldn’t I be hated then? I made the perfect alpha delinquent and crushed hopes of dozen female dragons.” Eunsook uttered and Taeyon chuckled as she took a dipper of water and washed off the shampoo.

 

“No my lady, because you complete our alpha successor in ways no other female could.’ She uttered and finished her task. “Your clothes are in the dresser my lady, I will be waiting outside if you need me.” Taeyon excused herself and soon Eunsook felt like she was under a ton of pressure, his mate wasn’t just an ordinary dragon, the alpha successor no less.

 

When she stepped out of the bath and fully dressed herself, she noticed Taeyon by the door and talking to a couple of dragons with metal plates that looked a lot like soldiers. “Taeyon?” She asked and the girl turned and bowed.

 

“The elders are waiting for you, my lady.” Taeyon uttered and Eunsook nodded.

 

Adjusting her ribbon, she took a comb and tried to dry the remaining moisture from her hair. “Let me help you my lady. Taeyon offered and soon conjured a ball of fire on her palms and then gently blew through it to make heated hair touch Eunsook’s long hair.

 

“Oh, this is something.” Eunsook chuckled and soon combed her hair dry and fixed her yellow dress before walking out of the room with Taeyon leading the way.

 

She found herself in the hall she was before Jonghyun took her away to mate. She watched as Jonghyun gritted his teeth and his eyes turned into slits. He was furious about something and Eunsook felt afraid about it. She took a gulp and Jonghyun suddenly looked at her direction. His eyes turned back to soft caramel and he smiled at her. She stretched his hand and Eunsook walked towards him and took his hand. Jonghyun pulled her close to him and his tail laying protectively on her feet.

 

The room was silent and Jonghyun grinned wide as he eyed the man seated on the center. “Isn’t she worth waiting for  and breaking the rules?” Jonghyun uttered and the man sighed.

 

“You got your point across.” The man uttered.

 

“Okay say it!” Jonghyun uttered and the man glared at him. “No fair appa, it was a deal!” Jonghyun whined like a kid.

 

“Fine, you silly child.” The man uttered. “I, Kim Jongwoon and alpha of this clan, admits that I was wrong and my son Jonghyun is right.” The alpha Jongwoon uttered and Jonghyun pumped his fist in the air.

 

“Oh Yes!” Jonghyun was happy and then wrapped his arm around Eunsook’s waist and grinned at her. “we just made a deal. He’s pissed that I got only mated now but the wait was definitey worth it. Now let’s get out of here and let’s meet my hyung.” Jonghyun uttered and then pulled Eunsook out of the hall and towards the vast court.

 

“You better hold on.” Jonghyun uttered and soon, Jonghyun spread his wings and took off, with Eunsook wrapping her hand around his neck and her body was being carried by Jonghyun.

 

The ride went for a little while and Eunsook was enjoying herself somehow. They landed on a patch of grassy land when three dragons charged at them. The three were  two smaller dragon and a taller one. Jonghyun was laughing when the dragons tackled him which surprised Eunsook.

 

“uncle Jonghyun!” The three chirped and soon a pair of dragons walked towards them.

 

“Hello Jjong!” The male uttered and Jonghyun pulled himself up and greeted the pair.

 

“Hi hyung! This is my Mate Eunsook.” Jonghyun uttered. “Eunsook, this is my brother Sunggyu and his mate Myungsook.” Jonghyun uttered and Eunsook bowed at them.

 

“Oh, finally, the time came.” Sunggyu uttered as he shook her hand. “Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Sungjong, greet your aunt Eunsook.” Sunggyu uttered and the three little dragons lined up by age; which surprised Eunsook because the middle child Sungyeol was taller than his brother Dongwoo while Sungjong, the only girl was just too pretty for her own good.

 

“It’s nice to meet you Eunsook-ssi!” Myungsook uttered.

 

“She used to be a maiden sacrifice too.” Jonghyun uttered.

 

“oh! So I would grow wings too?” Eunsook asked and Jonghyun nodded. “Oh wow, I didn’t expect that.” She chuckled a bit.

 

“when can we meet our cousins?” Sungyeol inquired and that effectively earned him a smack on the head from his father.

 

“He’s a brat, I am sorry.” Sunggyu apologized while Myungsook led them inside the house.

 

It was fun to get to know Jonghyun’s brother and his nephews and niece but what was interesting was Myungsook’s stories about changing from a maiden to a dragon’s mate to now a beta dragon. She came to know that Sunggyu was alpha successor to the West part of the country, hence Myungsook was from the western village while Jonghyun was the alpha successor of the East , thus were Eunsook lived.

 

They bid good bye and returned to the palace, now that Eunsook can see the structure, in the center of the country, with Jongwoon sighing and rubbing his temples. “Where have you been Jonghyun?” the alpha asked and Jonghyun just grinned at him.

 

“Sunggyu hyung of course, he needed to meet my gorgeous mate!” Jonghyun uttered and then laughed as he led Eunsook towards a dining area.

 

---

 

Gestation period for dragons were similar to humans, Eunsook listed to the head doctor of the clan. She was being checked and her pulse revealed a second heart beat which delighted the whole clan. Sunggyu and the kid even flew over to celebrate the news of her pregnancy and Jonghyun, being the proud alpha that he was, bragged about his lovely mate.

 

But when they were left alone in the comfort of their bedroom, Jonghyun was shedding tears while he rested his head on her lap, trying to listen to the faint beating of their child’s heart. Eunsook was laughing at her mate, he was truly an emotional alpha despite the manly façade that he has right now.

 

Eunsook was anticipating the changes her pregnancy will bring and she remembered that Myungsook mentioned about her back hurting, the sign of her wings growing. But even at 6 months into pregnancy, she was still a normal human. She was getting worried about it so she decided to ask Jonghyun about it.

 

“It may have been delayed; your body is focusing on the development of our baby.” Jonghyun assured her.

 

But what a surprise it was when the doctor told them that they will be having twins as he heard three heartbeats instead of two. Jonghyun was ecstatic about it but worried about her safety, child birth is complicated for a human because the baby might have wings and tails that would be too large for a normal delivery.

 

“You will be okay Eunsookie, I will be right here with you.” Jonghyun assured her and Eunsook leaned in to kiss her mate on the lips.

 

“I know Jjong.’ She responded.

 

But during childbirth, Jonghyun was the one crying and almost fainting as Eunsook delivered a son and a daughter, with tiny dragon wings and tails to match. Jonghyun cried loudly as he held the twins Jinki and Gwiboon. He was so emotional that he was crying for at least an hour and a half until he fell asleep in Eunsook’s weak arms. She kissed the top of her mate’s head and smiled as the little dragons stirred in their sleep, probably feeling a little pain with their wings being squished flat. And she wondered when her wings would sprout.

 

But her wings never came, something that bothered her. The twins were a year old now, crawling everywhere that tired both Jonghyun and Eunsook. Since Eunsook couldn’t fly, Sunggyu, Myungsook and their children visited them instead. Jinki loved to chase his older cousin Dongwoo while Sungjong plays princess with Gwiboon; all the while Sungyeol reprimanding his siblings about acting their age, Dongwoo was almost a full pledge adult dragon in a few years.

 

“When will my wings grow?” Eunsook suddenly asked and the three dragons clammed shut. “Why don’t I have wings?” Eunsook asked more and the three was lost for words.

 

Then Eunsook burst into tears which surprised them even more. She then ran to her room, Jonghyun quickly chasing after her. Jonghyun wrapped his mate in warmth, his black wings covered her as she cried in his arms. She was blaming herself, calling herself undeserving to be a dragon’s mate when she can’t be a beta. Jonghyun shook his head and disagreed, she was all he dreamed of and wanted as a mate. Jonghyun loved her so much that no one could even replace her.

 

“But I am not changing!” Eunsook shouted and Jonghyun sighed.

 

“I know and I am sorry.” Jonghyun uttered.

 

“So you knew? You knew that I won’t transform?” Eunsook asked, feeling betrayed as Jonghyun nodded. “How could you!” Eunsook pounded her fist on his chest.

 

“I am sorry Eunsook but I was trying to find an answer too. I was told that you won’t grow your wings but I wasn’t told of a reason. I tried asking and researching.” Jonghyun tried to explain.

 

Eunsook weeped even more and eventually tired herself; conceding to sleep while Jonghyun hummed a tune. Jonghyun brought her to the bed kept her close, kissing her forehead before pulling her close to his body.

 

 When Eunsook woke up, Jonghyun led her to the main hall where Jongwoon and his mate Ryeowook held their year old babies. They were beaming with smiles as Jonghyun and Eunsook entered the hall. Then each dragon bowed at them, only the alpha and his mate standing to meet them.

 

“We didn’t want to tell you until we are absolutely sure but I guess this is the right time, Eunsook-ssi…” Jongwoon bowed down to her, Ryeowook did too. “Our long awaited omega, and mate of our eternal alpha, we welcome you to our clan.” Jongwoon uttered and Eunsook was lost for words,

 

“an omega?” She inquired as Jonghyun wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to his body.

 

“A rare kind of maiden. An omega is a dragon’s mate that will retain her maiden characteristics despite being mated to a dragon.” Jonghyun briefly explained.

 

“And eternal alpha?” She asked.

 

“Ruler of our clan, for as long as his immortal life permits.” Jongwoon explained as he handed Jinki to her.

 

---

 

2 decades later, the twins were now flying and Jinki was bound to choose his mate, while Gwiboon whined about not able to choose her prospect mate unlike her twin brother.

 

“It’s unfair! He’s been stalking this Junghee girl for years, but I am bound to marry some random dragon that I don’t even have feelings for!” Gwiboon whined.

 

“Junghee?” Eunsook asked and Gwiboon nodded.

 

“He’s been flying towards the village and he is stalking her like crazy!” Gwibboon explained.

 

“And how did you know?” Eunsook asked with a raised brow.

 

“Someone told me?” Gwiboon said nonchalantly.

 

“Really? “ Eunsook asked and Gwiboon suddenly felt nervous. “Oh the way I see it Gwiboon is that you followed your brother in stalking.” Eunsook grinned while Gwiboon nervously laughed. Eunsook smiled at her and took her hand. “Don’t hide things from me Gwiboon, I am your mother. I may not be able to fly but I know a lot of thing that you don’t know I could.” She said reassuringly.

 

Gwiboon sighed and looked at her mother with worried eyes. “I kinda liked a human guy.” Gwiboon confessed and Eunsook grinned at her.

 

“I knew it. Jonghyun!” She shouted and Jonghyun popped his head on the door. Eunsook gestured for him to come inside and the mate did, pulling Jinki with him. “Your precious daughter is ready to mate.’ She uttered and Gwiboon paled.

 

“Is it Taemin?” Jonghyun asked, hoping that Minho and Taeyon’s son would be a fitting mate for her.

 

“Nope, but I am sure Jinki has an idea.” Eunsook uttered and the son thought of a while.

 

“She didn’t tell me anything.” He uttered. “Oh! Is it Woohyun?” Jinki uttered and Gwiboon blushed.

 

“I win!” Eunsook uttered and Jonghyun groaned.

 

“I can’t believe you won.” Jonghyun uttered, giving Eunsook a kiss and a jade ring that hanged on hi neck for a few decades now.

 

“You made a bet?” Gwiboon was perplexed.

 

“yeah, your father is keen on mating you with Taemin but I told him that you liked a different race.” Eunsook said happily.

 

“omma!” Gwiboon whined.

 

Eunsook then split the jade ring and handed each piece to her children. “Let us prepare for the full moon.” Eunsook urged them and Jonghyun grinned and took his mate’s hand.

 

When the full moon came, Gwiboon was instructed to stay in her room, Taemin and Taeyon watched over her as Jonghyun and Jinki fetched the younger dragon’s mate Junghee. Eunsook also came to talk to the head shaman, because this would be the first time that they will request for a male sacrifice.

 

The shaman nodded and sent her people to Eunsook towards the house of the Nam’s. Eunsook introduced herself and told them about the situation they are in and that Woohyun was chosen to be a dragon’s mate. Woohyun agreed despite his parent’s disapproval of the idea. Eunsook thanked them and offered them financial gifts before leading Woohyun towards where the dragons congregated, having chosen Junghee as Jinki’s mate.

 

“junghee?” He asked as he saw the sleeping girl in the arms of a handsome man with wings. “Is she the maiden sacrifice?” Woohyun asked and Eunsook nodded.

 

“Don’t be alarmed, the dragons don’t eat humans okay. And I am sure you’ll find my daughter pretty as any maiden in your land.” Eunsook assured him and Woohyun nodded.

 

 

Maybe it was love at first sight but when Woohyun saw a shy Gwiboon bowing at him, he grinned like he had won the jackpot. “I saw you once in the forest! You are real!” Woohyun uttered with glee and Gwiboon smiled at him.

 

And when morning came, Eunsook greeted both Woohyun and Junghee to the family, noting that her children had chosen the perfect mates.

 

“I hope you’ll accept my children as your mates.” Eunsook uttered and the two nodded, leaning in closer to their mates and Eunsook felt like the first time she mated with Jonghyun.

 

“We can relive it Eunsookie.” Jonghyun muttered into her ears as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

“I like that idea.” Eunsook replied and just like their first meeting and mating, they were inside the cave and screaming each other’s name.

 

“How about Jongjin and Jinsook as baby names?” Jonghyun asked and Eunsook laughed at that.

 

“Don’t abuse my immortality and fertility.” Eunsook replied but kissed her mate passionately, asking for another round anyway.

 

---

 

a/N: I know weird ~