Final

Flirting with Chanyeol

A smile is an excellent way to break the ice. 

 

Baekhyun had arrived early at the office for once, and he was sitting at his desk with his newly purchased book opened to the first page. When the knob of his office door turned, Baekhyun quickly stashed his copy of How to Flirt With a Man in his drawer. 

 

Chanyeol strolled in and pulled up short at seeing Baekhyun already seated behind his desk. "Baekhyun," he said, "this is unexpected. Did you spend the night here?"

 

Baekhyun felt his hackles rise at the jibe, but he kept his composure. Chanyeol's prickliness was part of his allure, after all. Instead, Baekhyun smiled at his partner.

 

Chanyeol scowled in response. "Why are you grinning at me like an idiot?" he demanded. "Do I have something on my clothes?" He glanced down at himself and began brushing at his clothing. 

 

Baekhyun's smile faltered, and he turned away with a grumble to pick up a report. 

 

 

Compliment him on an accomplishment. 

 

This was going to be difficult. Baekhyun was far more accustomed to trading insults with Chanyeol. Nevertheless, he had set his cap for him, and needs must. Baekhyun pushed aside the parchment in front of him and cleared his throat nervously. "Er, that was a brilliant report you wrote up on our last case," he said. 

 

"Are you saying that so I'll write the next one, too, you lazy ?" 

 

"What?!" Baekhyun gaped at him. "No! I was simply paying you a bloody compliment, you tosser!" 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed on Baekhyun in suspicion. "Why would you pay me a compliment?" 

 

"It was spontaneous…” said Baekhyun. "There was no hidden motive involved. Not everyone I do has something behind it, you know." 

 

Chanyeol smirked at Baekhyun as he leaned back in his chair. "That's true for some," he said. “But not for you.”

 

Baekhyun shook his and pinched the bridge of his nose. 

 

A casual touch will get his attention. 

 

Baekhyun was looking forward to employing this tactic, although he supposed that groping his bits wouldn't count as a casual touch. Baekhyun settled for walking up behind his partner and pressing his hand gently to Chanyeol's back.

 

 "Here's the file for our next case," he said before stepping back. 

 

"Damn it, Baekhyun! Did you just stick one of those stupid ‘kick me' signs to my back?" ranted Chanyeol. He twisted about, trying to reach the spot where Baekhyun's hand had rested a moment ago. 

 

"No!" Baekhyun denied, holding both hands up, palms out. 

 

"Then what do you think you're doing?!"

 

"I-well, I just wanted to get your attention," stammered Baekhyun. He couldn't help but notice how attractive Chanyeol was with an angry flush on his face and his eyes snapping with fire. 

 

"A simple Oi, Chanyeol would do," said Chanyeol. He narrowed his gaze on Baekhyun. "Have you been drinking? You've been acting strange all day." 

 

Baekhyun wondered if he should take up drinking. 

 

 

A wink will get you noticed. 

 

Chanyeol had exited their shared office, affording Baekhyun time to consult his book again. When his partner returned, Baekhyun gave him what he hoped was a y wink.

 

Chanyeol paused. "Is there something in your eye?" he asked. "You seem to be blinking furiously. It's not contagious, is it?" 

 

Baekhyun resisted the urge to bang his head on his desk. "There's nothing in my eye, Chanyeol," he bit out. 

 

"Indeed?" drawled Chanyeol. "Have you developed a nervous tic?" 

 

"I don't have a nervous tic, Chanyeol." 

 

Chanyeol shrugged. "If you say so...." 

 

When all else fails- 

 

"What are you reading?" 

 

Baekhyun jumped in surprise. He had taken his book to the bathroom with him and was leaning against the sink to elicit more advice. Unfortunately, Chanyeol had entered the bathroom a moment later, and he snatched the book from Baekhyun's hands. 

 

"How to Flirt With a Man?" he scoffed, reading the book's title. "You disappoint me, Baek." 

 

"How have I managed to disappoint you?" snapped Baekhyun. 

 

"You're a guy, Baek" said Chanyeol. "You shouldn't need a book to tell you what another bloke likes. What would it take to get your attention?" 

 

"A kiss?" ventured Baekhyun. 

 

"Then, by all means, kiss the guy!" Chanyeol said. 

 

That was all the incentive Baekhyun needed to lunge forward and grab his partner by the lapels. He pulled Chanyeol flush against himself and seized his partner's mouth in hungry kiss. There was a muffled sound of protest and a bit of flailing on Chanyeol's part before he succumbed and began to snog Baekhyun back.

 

Baekhyun was in heaven. Who knew that heaven was a toilet in a law office? The location didn't matter; Baekhyun's focus was squarely on the firm lips sliding hotly against his own, and the slick tongue that met his in a passionate tangle. Baekhyun raised his head and drew in a ragged breath.

 

"You," Chanyeol rasped. He cleared his throat and tried again. "You've been flirting with me?" 

 

"I've been trying to," said Baekhyun. He splayed a hand across Chanyeol's lower back and pressed their groins together. "Now shut up and kiss me again.”