Happy Ending

A Story of Beautiful Friendship

A boy was seen playing with sand at a playground near the neighborhood. It was there where he always be when the evenings. His routine though. He some kind a foreign-looking boy but he is not. He is a Korean.

      “Hey Jackson, let’s built sand castle” a girl shout while running towards Jackson. And Jackson looks up smiling.

      “Okay, I will build a beautiful sand castle just for you” he grinned. Jackson really loved his bestfriend. They have done things together from good things to very bad things. They can become evil-like sometimes. Pull a prank towards their friends and laughing hard to what they just did. But sometimes their times fill with agreement, bicker, shout, they were fighting. At the end of the day, they were bestfriend. Forever.

      “Really? You have to keep your words, okay?” She assures.

      “Of course!” Jackson nodded and starts to build the castle for his lovely bestfriend.

      Jackson is a naughty boy, who likes to bully other kids but not his bestfriend, of course.

      “Let’s live together in this castle, Jackie” she asked Jackson happily.

      “We will, Youngji. No, we must! Because I am the one who build this castle and it’s ours!” he laughed aloud.

      Yes, Youngji is his bestfriend’s name. Youngji. Youngji. A lovely girl, who had caught Jackson’s attention with her boy-ish personality. She sometimes rough but still an innocent and ordinary girl, who wear dress, obsess over cosmetics, also fangirl-ing over handsome boy. Wealth is not the main reason for her to lives, but Jackson is. Money is not as important as friendship. It was better to have someone beside you to share everything.  She’s always kept in head “Money can’t buy everything, especially friendship”.

      Youngji standing near the sand castle and stretch out her hands while closing her eyes. The cold breeze from nearer beach got Youngji a goosebumps. She can feel a pair of hands slowly hugging her waist and whisper a “Baby”. When she opens her eyes, there is no one there except from a room with white wall, white ceiling, mostly everything was in white. Her eyes blink certainly knowing that it is just her imagination. She smile to herself.

      “I remember everything, Jackson. I do remember you and our little pinky promise”. She rubbed her face, feeling so grateful and she almost cries because she is so happy. And another pair of hands hugging her waist from nowhere, which makes her spin around to see who the owner is. “Jackson!” Her tears started to roll down her cheeks. She buried her face on Jackson chest. “I miss you so much, buddy” she laugh in between her sob. “So, do you remember about our pinky promise?” Jackson suddenly asked. Youngji looked down the floor. “My answer is a YES!” and hugging Jackson tightly. Jackson started to let out his so-famous laugh. Jackson can’t stand still as he is so happy with Youngji answer.

      Their little pinky-promise was to married each other when they met again in future and live happily with their children, which surprisingly twins. It all came true after Jackson met again with Youngji but Youngji lost her memories after involved in an accident. Jackson doesn’t want to give up on Youngji which then he decided to take care of Youngji with what he had. It’s been a while Jackson search for Youngji after her family move to Busan. They lost contacts and so many obstacles they have to face to be happy today.

      Now, they lived in Seoul after 2 years of marriage.

      “Thank you for everything, Jackson. Thank you for your patience in waiting for me to recognized you all this time. Thank you for taking care of me and our children. Thank you so much, you will always be my forever-husband, Jackson. Happy 5th Years of our Anniversary!” she left a kiss on Jackson cheek.

      “And Thank you to you too because you giving me prettiest gifts ever, our twins. Thank you for your love. Thank you for everything what you’ve done for our family. I am so proud of you. You are so strong. If not, I will say all this to other woman.” He laughed. Youngji jokingly sulking, her back already faced Jackson. Jackson slowly spun her around facing him, “I am kidding. No other woman that will replace you in my deepest heart. You are my one and only love, my beautiful lady, mother to our children, my wife..Happy 5th Anniversary, baby”. Then he moves to kiss his wife.

      “I love you”

      “I will love you till my last breath”

 

 

The End