001

Come Closer

A/N: I present you my drabble that was successfully written under 3 hours. Sorry for any grammartical errors


 

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo paused, staring at the younger’s side profile with a pleading look on his face. The shorter man sighed when the younger didn’t even look his way. He had been calling the younger’s names for countless of times.

 

“Jon--”

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, it’s time to get on the stage,” Joonmyeon, being the responsible leader he has always been, said.

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head, watching Jongin’s back walking ahead of him and towards the large stage with lights flashing and thousands of audience waiting for their appearance. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breathe as he grabbed the flag from one of the crew, forcing a smile on his way out.

 

The moment he got on the stage, Kyungsoo tried to appear as happy as he could but no matter how hard he tried, his smiles seems fake. He watched Jongin standing at the corner by himself while moving his hands along with the music. Kyungsoo approached the younger and stopped just a few steps away from Jongin though he really wanted to stand next to Jongin.

 

The flag on his hand was waving from left to right with a smile on his face. His eyes lingered on Jongin for a brief moment before he diverted his attention to the audience. Kyungsoo tried to distract himself by watching the other members being playful with each other like they usually does especially Chanyeol, Chen and Baekhyun.

 

Though the shorter didn’t pay any attention at Jongin, he knew Jongin was standing behind him and constantly moving around. He noticed the glances that was threw towards him but Kyungsoo tried not to turn his head and look at the younger in the eyes. He tried to avoid making any eye contacts with Jongin as hard as possible.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t want to upset Jongin even more. He knew that Jongin was only torturing him by standing close to him yet far from his reach. It has always been like that. He tried to apologize but Jongin was too stubborn to even talk or look at him when he was looking back.

 

Kyungsoo can’t do either of that when they were in public with thousands pair of eyes watching them. He can’t risk of being caught and Kyungsoo was so close to breaking.

 

His head turned sideways when Jongin suddenly walked in front of him. Kyungsoo gripped the flag tighter because he couldn’t breathe properly and he felt his chest tighten. Jongin was too close for his liking. He froze at the spot, pretending that he was not even affected by Jongin’s presence though his heart was racing.

 

The way Jongin kept on stealing glances at him was making Kyungsoo suffocating. Kyungsoo’s hand was aching to grab Jongin’s arms and his lips was begging to speak to Jongin. But Kyungsoo stood still and prayed that the show will end fast. He knew that now wasn’t the right moment to talk to Jongin especially in front of everyone.

 

Jongin doesn’t like speaking about them when someone else was watching or listening. They can only say personal things to each other privately because Jongin wanted it that way and Kyungsoo obliged without arguing.

 

Kyungsoo sighed for the umptenth times. His head was filling with different thoughts. He was waiting for someone to save him from his own misery, anyone except Jongin. Kyungsoo knew too well that they aren’t in speaking term for a while.

 

The shorter man knew that it was his fault. He knew Jongin was upset with him because his own doings but Jongin was being extremely unfair for treating him as if he didn't exist. Kyungsoo didn’t mean to push him away when he was busy speaking to one of the sunbaenim. He was being respectful and humble. It was his job as an idol to impress the sunbaes.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t notice that he unconsciously ignored Jongin that was standing next to him when he had all his eyes and ears on the sunbae. He tried to apologize when he realized his mistakes once the sunbae moved away but Jongin has been ignoring him since then.

 

He forgot how many times he has been sighing. It hurt that Jongin didn’t even look at him or speak to him when he called his name.

 

It wasn’t the first time they fought or came into a disagreement but it was the most awful fight they ever went through for Kyungsoo. The shorter preferred them shouting at each other rather than not speaking at all. The silent treatment Jongin was giving him was really painful and hurtful. Kyungsoo felt the need to escape the moment and hide from the public.

 

“Boys, come to the front,” one of the emcee ushered them to join the crowd since they were standing quite far at the back of the stage. “Come closer.”

 

All of them moved closer, bowing to the emcee in respect. The man was way older than them. Kyungsoo kept a smile on his face. He stood close to Xiumin, eyes lingering discreetly to the back when he felt there was no one standing behind him anymore. He just need to know that Jongin was close to him. He wants Jongin closer though they won’t be speaking or looking at each other in the eyes.

 

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin who was busy fixing his hair while looking at the front. He turned to the front when the younger looked at his way. Kyungsoo feign innocence, holding the flag with both of his hands.

 

And he smiled, genuinely this time because Kyungsoo felt Jongin coming closer, painfully slow but closer. He didn’t have to turn his head when the younger was standing next to him. Kyungsoo could feel Jongin’s presence. His aura and vibe was strong and it’s funny how Kyungsoo was the only one who noticed that.

 

The smile on Kyungsoo’s face remained the same. He knew that Jongin was slowly bringing down his walls because both of them can’t stay mad at each other for long.

 

It was Kyungsoo who had been stealing glances at Jongin this time. He tried to hold in his laugh because the straight look on Jongin’s face was entertaining. Kyungsoo wanted to hug the younger right then. It would easily replace the frown on his face with a smile. It was a foolproof attempt and always managed to melt the cold Jongin.

 

But Kyungsoo doubt it would be that easy. Jongin was still putting up his facade.

 

Jongin smiled at the camera while doing different poses yet his face was still straight and almost emotionless. He wasn’t suppose to let himself effected with such small things but this time, Kyungsoo managed to irritate him so much.

 

He hated the way the older talked to the sunbae with a bright smile on his small face. There was a rosy pink decorated his cheeks when the sunbae continued praising Kyungsoo about the older’s talented and natural acting while continuously patting on his narrow shoulder. Jongin felt something ignited in his heart. It wasn’t pleasant and Kyungsoo was the caused of it.

 

Jongin didn’t know why but he was so pissed off with Kyungsoo’s attitude. He had been so patient and considerate with the older’s friendliness and the people that adores him. There was a moment he wished that Kyungsoo didn’t accept the acting proposal. He hates the idea of Kyungsoo becoming more known and everyone starts to notice his fame.

 

Kyungsoo was suppose to be his and only his. Jongin hates the idea of sharing Kyungsoo's attention with anyone else.

 

But the thing that really ticked him off was the fact that the older totally ignored his presence. Kyungsoo was so immerse on having a conversation with the sunbae that he didn’t bat an eyelash on him and even pushed him away when Jongin tried to pull his arm to move closer.

 

That really set Jongin’s mood off. Jongin didn’t even answer the elder’s question when Kyungsoo was done speaking with the sunbae. He put up an annoyed face and look to the front. Kyungsoo deserved it, he thought.

 

When Kyungsoo called his name, Jongin threw his arms around Sehun’s shoulder and speak casually with the maknae. He tilted his head sideways and noticed Kyungsoo looking downwards. Jongin forced himself to not care when Kyungsoo started to touching his nose. He knew it was Kyungsoo's habit when he tried to hold back his tears. Jongin kept on ignoring the older's presence.

 

He stood at the corner on the stage next to Kyungsoo but with a gap between them. Jongin didn't want Kyungsoo to think that they were ok. He didn't know why he kept on moving around and couldn't stay at one position. Jongin was so used to standing close next to the older and they would usually speak normally like they used to towards each other.

 

Though he tried to stand at the other side of the stage with the rest of the members, his body kept on moving towards Kyungsoo's direction. Jongin couldn't resist the temptation to stay near the shorter man. He just need to be closer.

 

Jongin noticed Kyungsoo was smiling. He didn't want to give out the idea that they were already fine to Kyungsoo because they weren't yet. Jongin kept on looking serious without sparing Kyungsoo a single glance. He made himself looked busy posing for the camera with the women standing in front of him.

 

The corner of his eyes caught Xiumin talking to Kyungsoo and the older actually had the guts to pay attention at their hyung's words. Kyungsoo even smiled while talking to Xiumin and sling his arms around the hyung's waist. Jongin's eyes were like daggers, piercing through Kyungsoo's body.

 

When Kyungsoo turned his head, Jongin immediately looked at the front and pretended he wasn't spying. He moves around, ignoring Kyungsoo's presence completely.

 

But their eyes kept on looking sideways when the other wasn't.



 

***



 

The show finally ended. The members were dividing themselves into two groups since they couldn't fit in one van only. Kyungsoo wrapped his hand around Jongin's wrist out of impulse. He pulled Jongin towards one of the van but felt himself being tugged backwards. Kyungsoo frowned at the gesture and turned his head around. He found Jongin losing his fingers around his wrist and walked towards the other van, reaching for Sehun’s shoulder.

 

Kyungsoo frowned deeper. He bit his lower lips to hold himself back from breaking apart. But the shorter could hear his heart shattering in pieces.

 

All of the members hopped on their respective van. Some fell asleep during their journey home since the concert ended quite late from the initial plan and they also had a short backstage interview which consumed more time despite the fact that it was short. Chanyeol and Baekhyun was fooling around at the back, laughing about something that had to do with camel.

 

Kyungsoo had his eyes out of the window, staring at nothing in particular with his mind somewhere far from reality.

 

Their van arrived at their dorm later than the other. The driver made a stop at the gas station to fill up the fuel tank and Chen had an emergency date with the toilet. Kyungsoo already warned the older about the leftover food in their refrigerator.

 

Chen took a while to finish and by the time they got home, most of the members from the other van had done washing up and some of them already slept. Kyungsoo walked through his shared room with Jongin and Chanyeol expecting the younger waiting for him so they could talk. But he was welcomed by a different scenario. Jongin was already shirtless, laid on his bed next to Kyungsoo with his back facing Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo grabbed his things from his drawer and head to the bathroom with an aching heart.

 

He didn't take a long time in the toilet. Kyungsoo let out a heavy sigh once his back pressed against the comfy mattress. It felt so good to finally let his body rest. The lights were off and Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. Kyungsoo took a wild guess that the lanky was disturbing Joonmyeon in his room.

 

Kyungsoo tilted his head sideways and traced Jongin's sculptured back with his eyes. Though it was dark but Kyungsoo could still see the younger's figure. Kyungsoo sat on the side of his bed and soon ended up sitting on Jongin's bed. He reached out his hand to touch the younger but pulled his hand back when he saw Jongin's shoulder raised and drop calmly.

 

The tanned man was indeed sleeping. Jongin must be really tired, Kyungsoo thought. He moved back to his bed and lay down. He looked at Jongin once more before he turned around and lay sideways with his back facing Jongin's back. Kyungsoo pulled the duvet up to his chin.

 

He bit his lower lips when the tears threatening to fall down. But to no avail, the tears ended up trailing down his cheeks. Kyungsoo unconsciously let out a sniff. He pulled the duvet upwards to cover his mouth. His sniffs were muffled by the thick blanket with his hand continuously wiping away the ugly tears. Kyungsoo hated it when he was crying because he knew he looks ugly and unattractive.

 

All he ever wanted was Jongin to stop ignoring him and listen to what he has to say. Kyungsoo wanted to apologize at the younger. He wanted Jongin to notice him again and talk to him like he used to. Kyungsoo doesn't like the silent treatment and it was killing him slowly from the insides. Jongin was being so mean and cruel towards him.

 

Kyungsoo furiously wiped the tears tainting his face. He felt so weak and hopeless. He closed his eyes and tried to lulled himself to sleep. Kyungsoo needed the sleep anyway since they have an early schedule tomorrow morning.

 

His breathe caught at his throat when he felt an arm wrapped around his waist and pulled him closer towards a firm chest. Kyungsoo knew all along who was the person laid behind him. He bit the insides of his cheeks because all he ever wanted to do right then was to hit Jongin so hard for making him felt that way.

 

The arm around his waist tighten. Kyungsoo let his body curled into the other's. Jongin buried his head into Kyungsoo's soft hairs, taking a long whiff of the lovely scent he adores so much. Kyungsoo turned around, burying his face into the crook of Jongin’s neck, pulling Jongin closer and closer. Jongin need to be more closer. Kyungsoo needed Jongin closer.

 

No words were needed. Kyungsoo already knew Jongin was sorry and Jongin knew Kyungsoo was sorry too. Both of them laid close, body pressed against each other.

 

Jongin kissed Kyungsoo’s forehead, letting the lips lingered there a bit longer while Kyungsoo had his eyes closed while savouring the moment.

 

“Night,” Jongin whispered, running his fingers through the older’s silky locks gently.

 

Kyungsoo smiled, kissing Jongin’s adam apple and muttered the same word.


They moved closer like how the opposite poles of magnet does. Closer and closer.