Final

Sleepless

Sleepless



The rain was pouring heavily, the thunder roared and the lightning splintered across the sky. A small body was leaning against the glass doors, legs were brought together to the chest, keeping warmth to self. The night sky wasn’t nice to gaze, the moon disappeared because of the dark clouds and the noise, as if the night was throwing tantrum towards the earth. It was nearly midnight but Byun Baekhyun couldn’t sleep. He was staring into the darkness of the night sky, without a single glint of a star. His eyes were empty, not holding emotions.

The stars, they weren’t twinkling anymore. Baekhyun missed him.

They were once so strong.

The days when they grew apart, everything was left unnoticed. Baekhyun, he was so in love that he didn’t see it coming, the breakup was so sudden.

He never smelled the rotten relationship that waited days to die. Because baekhyun, he believed that they were in love.

“We were in love”

Park Chanyeol shrugged Baekhyun’s hands off his shoulder. He turned to face Baekhyun. This was the right time to end things.

“Let’s break up.” he muttered, almost a whisper.

Baekhyun looked up abruptly, eyes boring into the dark cold eyes of Park Chanyeol. He might be hearing things. But Chanyeol’s eyes were different from the usual night. Something seemed off.

“What were you saying Yeol? Stop joking around, are you that tired….”

Baekhyun with trembling hands tried to reach for the huge hands, he wanted to grab on them. He needed to seize them tight in order not to let them slipped off from his weak grips.

“Yes, I’m ing tired Byun Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol flinched to the touch, he turned around slightly, back-facing Baekhyun. Baekhyun furrowed in disapproval with the using of his full name instead of the usual nickname of him.

“Hey, whats wrong?” Baekhyun asked, delicately holding Chanyeol’s arm but the guy stepped away causing Baekhyun to lose his grips.

“I said let’s break up. I’m so tired to be with you anymore, you never appreciate me.”

Chanyeol raised his voice an octave, heavy breathing tried to control his emotions that couldn’t longer be kept.

Baekhyun stunned, his world suddenly spinning around. He stepped back, hands reaching for the arm couch to support his weight.

“W-what? But why?” voices cracked.

Chanyeol scoffed, he ran his hand through his hair. He looked so done with everything, his eyes were determined. Baekhyun, he was so scared.

The relationship on the edge of crumbling down, what was he doing?! There was no time to just stood and waited for it to happen.

Thus, Baekhyun lurched to Chanyeol but stopped half-way when at the same time, Chanyeol turned around with glaring eyes.

“Don’t come any nearer.” His eyes were cold and serious.

Small eyes started to fill with tears, threatening to fall.

“No, Chanyeol. I’ll do better. I promise I will treat you better. I will learn how to cook, I will wash the laundry, will take care of all the housework. And we will go to date, to any places that cross your mind. We will spend more time together.”  Baekhyun blabbered on and on.

Chanyeol shook his head, hurts etched in his dark eyes.

“We are in love , Baekhyun. We are so in love.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun’s face crumpled, yes they are in love or maybe that was what he thought before. Chanyeol was uttering the words, but his eyes were telling otherwise. What had goes wrong? Fell out of love? He never knew that human able to fall out from love. All he ever knew was once you fell in love, you were forever in love.

But maybe he was living in fairytales. Lots of romance novel, lots of Shakespeare poems and lots of love quote.

“But not anymore, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol slipped off the ring around his finger. We were in love ,chanyeol continued after that barely a whisper.

He approached Baekhyun, reaching for the cold palm. A sliver ring being placed, Baekhyun shut his eyes tight, feeling the warmth of Chanyeol’s seeping away slowly from his hand . His delicate fingers curled around the shiny object.

As he watched Chanyeol walked away through the door, he was losing his breathe. As if his life was taken away.

“I can’t breathe no more with you.”

The thunder along with the lightning surprised Baekhyun. He tightened his arms around his own petite body. He didn’t bother to turn on the light albeit the dark night without even a glimpse of moon, he didn’t bother to wrap a blanket around his thin pajamas; he didn’t even want to move from that one spot.

Chanyeol

Baekhyun’s lips trembled, tears started to stream down his face. He closed his eyes and he saw a guy wearing a white coat was grinning widely and hands waving towards him ; he breathed again, Chanyeol . And his eyes slowly stings, caused the tears wouldn’t stop flowing out his small eyes.

Thus, he opened his eyes in hurry. Pain.

Baekhyun didn’t even want to leave the pain. In his heart, he still had slightest hopes that Chanyeol would come back to him.

“Don’t leave me. Please be back to me. Baby ”

A wrench sobs teared the silence of the dark small room. Baekhyun crawled, hands reaching for the edge of the bed. In hope of seeking warmth from Chanyeol’s heat but the bed was so freaking cold.

“I still loves you Chanyeol, please.” Baekhyun pleaded to the air.

Body curled into a ball. The memories of Chanyeol were tearing Baekhyun’s apart.

 

On this sleepless night, everything just hurts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



A short drabble .Pls listen to sleepless by moon myun jin whilst reading .

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzzElFS_R8A

its chanbaek song !!!