End

How To Kiss?

 

“I can’t write this,” Baekhyun concludes after a damn long time, letting his pen free fall onto the glass table. “I’m inexperienced, clueless, depressing but not depressed.”

 

Jongin peers at Baekhyun, tearing his gaze away from his phone. “What, the stupid prompt Sehun made you write of him and Luhan hyung?”

 

“What the else,” Baekhyun grumbles. He would say he’s gone out of his mind—if he hasn’t already. “I’ll just… leave it to you. You’ve kissed people before, haven’t you? You could work this out for me, I’ll let Sehun know about it.”

 

“Oh, come on,” Jongin lets out a laugh, this time locking his phone and actually shoving it into his pocket as he eyes Baekhyun with amusement pooling in his curved eyes. “It’s just a kissing scene.”

 

“I need to feel when I write,” Baekhyun pauses, side eyeing Jongin. “Write what I feel.”

 

“How hard can that get?” Jongin stretches his arms behind his head and interlocks his fingers, keeping them there. “I’ll describe and you write, how about that?”

 

Baekhyun hesitates for a second before mumbling an agreement, picking up the pen once again and shaking his long hair away from his face. He’s so annoyed with himself, God.

 

“Okay,” Jongin slowly begins. “Luhan’s lips feel as soft as you have always imagined it to be, just by looking at them. You moan into the kiss—”

 

Ew, stop. That’s… ew. Jongin, gross.”

 

“What? That’s how some people kiss!” Jongin defensively argues behind Baekhyun, which makes the older male cringe even just mentally picturing the depiction Jongin just made. “Actually, know what, hyung?”

 

Baekhyun swivels around on his twirling chair and faces Jongin, wearing a look of disinterest. Then, he flatly says, “What.”

 

Baekhyun swears a lightbulb literally lit up above Jongin’s head as the latter sits up with the most mischievous grin on his face, blinking a lot more than he usually does in the next minute.

 

“You can’t write romance-based stories without experience, right?”

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows slightly, “Yes…”

 

“It’s because you haven’t properly kissed anyone, right?”

 

Baekhyun narrows his eyes just a little, “Yes, and…”

 

“I’ll teach you how to kiss!”

 

“Ye—” Baekhyun almost falls sideways out of his chair in astonishment. “What—no!”

 

Jongin merely smirks like he’d already expected that before shutting his eyes, turning away from Baekhyun. “I was just trying to lend a helping a hand… I’m not forcing you, of course. I’d much rather sleep than help you.”

 

“Then you shouldn’t have even suggested something as ridiculous as this!” Baekhyun scolds in a hurry, spinning around again because he’s pretty sure his cheeks are tinted pink and more conspicuous than he wants.

 

“Fine, then enjoy writing,” Jongin chuckles. “About kissing,” he chuckles again. “While I’m sleeping.”

 

“ poet wanna-be,” Baekhyun mutters lowly, not realizing how hard his heart is racing against his chest at the thought of kissing Jongin, until he in a breath and exhales deeply.

 

God, but he really wants an experience. But with Jongin? Really? When they’ve known each other practically their whole lives—since Baekhyun was four and Jongin was three?

 

Sure, they said that there’s a first to everything and smart experiments don’t harm but Baekhyun frankly isn’t certain if kissing his own best friend would affect anything.

 

He shakes every single thought away and frowns at the blank sheet of paper staring right back at him. Writes down Luhan’s name and then his pen falls back onto the table. 

 

“Jongin, let’s do it.”

 

There’s a moment of silence and Baekhyun thinks Jongin may have fallen asleep—which makes him feel good that he has time to take his words back and bad that he’s probably already missed the opportunity—but when he hears shuffling, Baekhyun literally instantly freezes on his spot.

 

“Okay,” Jongin sounds so excited that Baekhyun finds it really stupid. “Stand up, what the hell.”

 

Baekhyun obeys this once and he doesn’t see it coming, before he’s being controlled by Jongin like a spell has been casted on him. Realistically speaking, Jongin seems to know what he’s doing with Baekhyun as he gently cups Baekhyun’s hips with his palms.

 

“Don’t know how or where you want my hands on you but,” Jongin takes a step closer, closing in on the gap between their bodies. “I like them on the hips.”

 

“So they stay on the hips,” Baekhyun tentatively, ambivalently and redundantly says as his useless arms move in a circular motion around Jongin’s chest in doubt. “Help my arms.”

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, “Melodramatic. Don’t act like you’ve never watched movies or , because then I’ll you up innocent. Just spread your palms on my chest.”

 

Baekhyun pouts a little bit. He’s supposed to be learning, he’s sorry he can’t really take this seriously considering he’s about to be taught on kissing by his best friend. 

 

“Look at me,” Jongin nudges softly and coaxes Baekhyun’s face up with the tip of his nose. “Don’t be nervous, you should always enjoy a kiss—unless they at it then yeah, run for your life.”

 

“I should consider running for my life now, then,” Baekhyun chuckles softly, then stills because did he just… spill a flirtatious statement? Directing it at Kim Jongin?! “Oh, . This is a bad idea.”

 

“Not really,” Jongin disagrees happily, ing irking. “If it makes you wanna flirt with me then all of this—it’s sure as hell working.”

 

Baekhyun turns his face away silently because God, why is he blushing so much today? He feels all weak and flustered and girly. He’s a man who likes men who is absolutely not girly.

 

When he looks up again moments later, he finds Jongin’s firm gaze still on him which makes the back of his ears heat up. “What, why aren’t we progressing?”

 

“Can’t I just stop and adore my perfect best friend?” Jongin raises a brow.

 

“Are you trying to make me fall in love with you because I—” Baekhyun gets interrupted shortly and sharply and it happens so quickly—yet every thing seemingly happened in slow motion as Jongin leans in, shuts his eyes in the process and connects their lips.

 

It’s innocent for now, Jongin just letting his lips linger on Baekhyun’s, but the latter really doesn’t know how to relax into the kiss.

 

Then again, when Jongin moves his palms up and they begin running down Baekhyun’s sides caressingly and thoughtfully, lips still not moving that’s actually easing him into the little kiss, Baekhyun feels his own fingers curling into his palm and Jongin takes it as a cue to pull away.

 

Jongin lets out a hum of approval. “Great job, hyung.”

 

Baekhyun avoids eye contact but nods, because he’s embarrassed and still a little… nervous. Also, it just feels weird to be kissed—or to actually kiss and he knows his face is basically an open book to his emotions but he really can’t help it.

 

“Hey,” Jongin squeezes Baekhyun’s sides lightly. “You ‘kay?”

 

That question kind of makes Baekhyun want to just have a mental breakdown from humiliation but at the same time dive forward and hide his face in Jongin’s chest before running away to hide. His best friend is actually doing this for him, oh god.

 

Baekhyun looks up through his long bangs and nods. “So is this like, it?”

 

“This is just the gist of it,” Jongin shrugs. “Let’s go further into the kiss… after sitting down because God! All that running has my thighs hurting like a .”

 

Baekhyun lets out a laugh at Jongin’s idiocy before plopping down on the empty space next to where the younger male had been sitting on earlier. “I hope you don’t end up making us on the couch or something, .”

 

“You’d like that,” Jongin wiggles his eyebrows. He pats his lap, “Sit on top of me, come on.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Don’t expect me to twist my waist just to kiss you—my injury hasn’t fully recovered, hyung.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Baekhyun sighs quietly. “But I’m heavy. I might break your legs.”

 

“I’m literally going to strip you and you right here, right now, if you don’t just comply and sit on my lap,” Jongin glares with warning eyes, which leaves Baekhyun no choice but to grudgingly crawl forward.

 

He tries not to let his entire weight rest on Jongin—but it honestly gets tiring and he sees triumph flashing across his face upon receiving that action.

 

“Put your arms around my neck,” Jongin calmly says. “Inch your face a little bit more closer to mine.”

 

Baekhyun obeys.

 

“First, you ,” Jongin’s tongue reaches out to trail around the rim of Baekhyun’s lips, slowly and sensually and so ing painfully before he pulls back again and lifts his brows. “Now try me.”

 

Baekhyun draws a breath and does so, but he’s so restricted that even Jongin has to stop him.

 

“Your tongue’s too stiff.”

 

Baekhyun tries again, and this time, he allows their lips to brush together as his tongue ventures around, only to have Jongin wrap his lips around his tongue and gently. That simple action makes Baekhyun gasp in surprise, but he doesn’t pull away and instead, his fingers are tangling deeper in Jongin’s hair.

 

Baekhyun concludes that Jongin wants him to try it this time as he stretches their lips a little wider and prods his tongue. So Baekhyun releases the tension on his shoulders and falls a little closer into Jongin’s body before cautiously on Jongin’s tongue, and then pulling away.

 

His is finally beginning to react to everything. And that’s the last thing he wants.

 

“Come back,” Jongin nods once. But he doesn’t wait for Baekhyun to move, he closes the proximity between their lips and slides his own across Baekhyun’s softly, parting them and then closing in on his lower lip and then tilting his head the other way, repeating it.

 

Baekhyun was immobile the whole way through but he now knows how kissing works. Although he would like not to try it on Jongin.

 

“Your turn.”

 

“Are you going to move your lips against mine or…”

 

“Just do it and we’ll see.”

 

Baekhyun leans in and presses their lips together, and with a little guidance he manages to do exactly what Jongin did and it seems a lot more simpler when the other party cooperates and when they pull away again, Baekhyun dives back in to give Jongin a smack on his lips.

 

“Thank you,” he whispers against Jongin’s lips. “I think I need to go now because… I can’t— you… thank you anyway.”

 

Jongin slides his arms forward and cages Baekhyun in his embrace, then bites on his lip, “Can we try kissing again?”

 

And Baekhyun kind of knows what he’s implying on as he agrees with a little smile hanging on his lips—with a throbbing .