Solo

Ryosuke, Rewritten (Drabble Collection)

 Solo

Genre: Angst, Tragedy

Characters: Yamada Ryosuke, Nakajima Yuto 

Summary: Ryosuke goes to the bar, only to find the people he was trying to avoid.


Ryosuke sighed as his eyes lazily gazed into the red wine that rested on the grip of his hand. He cursed himself for coming to the bar knowing that they were going to be here as well.

“Here he comes…” he muttered under his breath before taking a sip.

“Ryosuke!” a taller man with a hoarse voice sat beside an annoyed Ryosuke at the bar table.  “How you been buddy? We’ve missed you. The whole gang is here too you know.” Ryosuke nonchalantly looked over to where the man pointed and there was a table full of young men happily waving at him. Ryosuke wanted to give them the finger in return but decided against it. Instead, he ignored their gesture and went back to drinking.

“We haven’t seen you in a while…where have you been all this time?”

“I’ve been busy with life.” Ryosuke said with a hint of sarcasm. “Do you mind Nakajima? I like to be alone.”

Yuto face turned serious. “Yeah I do mind. What happened to you? Where’s the Ryosuke I know?”

“I think you know what happened and this is the real me.”

“This isn’t the Ryosuke I know. The Ryosuke I know wouldn’t be sitting in a place like this pitying himself. He would be out fulfilling his dreams and being the best he can be. He would never give up his dream singing.”

“I guess you don’t really know me that well then Nakajima.”

“Since when did you start calling me by my last name?”

“Since when did you start calling me by my first?”

Neither of them said a single word as they glared at each other for a good minute or two. Finally, Ryosuke decided to speak. “Look, I’m not a part of Hey Say JUMP anymore okay? So just leave me alone.”

“We may not be bandmates anymore but we’re still your friends Yamada, always.”

Ryosuke gave a scowl look. “If you were my friends, you wouldn’t have kicked me out of the band! You wouldn’t have left me all alone that day!”

“You know that’s not what happened. We all thought it was best for you to go solo, even our manager agreed. Heck, it was even his idea. You would be a great solo artist. And we didn’t mean to leave you…it’s not our fault—"

“It is your fault!” Ryosuke hit the table with his glass. “Every single one of you. I’m leaving now.”

“Ryosuke wa—"

He had just enough with Yuto, and he stormed out of the place before he could finish his sentence. It was beginning to rain badly, but Ryosuke was too angry and deep in thought to notice; he didn’t even bother to put back on his disguise. As soon as he started to walk down the sidewalk, the other pedestrians quickly spotted out the celebrity and began to gossip.

“That’s Yamada Ryosuke from Hey! Say! JUMP, isn’t it?!”

“OMG! It’s Yamada-san, it’s really him!

“Did you hear what happened to the band?”

“I know, such a tragedy…”

“Wasn’t he a member of Hey! Say! JUMP?”

A group of young girls, probably fourteen, chased after the distraught celebrity, asking for pictures and autographs and unintentionally blocking his path to get through.

“Can we please get your autograph?! We’re your biggest fans!”

“Do you mind if you and I can take a picture together Yamada-san?” 

“Me too please!” 

Ryosuke tried his best to hide his anger and plastered a fake smile upon his face to his ‘fans’. “Normally I would take your request but I’m really in a hurr—"

“It’ll only take a second!” said one of the girls, shoving her notebook in front of his face while some of the other girls began to snap pictures of him on their phone.

“Look I—"

“You have such a lovely voice, Yama-chan.”

“Mystery is still one of my favorite songs!”

Ryosuke clenched his teeth and balled up his hands “Please listen—"

“You use to be my bias in Hey! Say! JUMP.” 

Stop it. 

“Mines too, and also Nakajima-san.”

Stop it!

“You, Yuto, and Chinen we’re all my favorites!”

 “You shouldn’t be speaking about them…” a girl whispered. “Not after what happened--”

“Be quiet!” he yelled furiously; his blood was boiling. “And quit taking pictures of me and shoving notebooks in my face. I’m not signing it so please just leave me alone and get out of my way.”

The girls were shocked and speechless, some of them looked as though they were about to cry, which angered Ryosuke even more. You don’t get the right to cry.Before they could say anything else, Ryosuke shoved passed them. He had no idea where he was going. He wanted to scream, shout, cry, and curse the world. He wanted to escape reality; he couldn’t handle it. Heavy rain began to pour down as he walked. He didn’t mind it all as it hid his tears. As it seemed he was walking to nowhere he suddenly stopped in shock. Why did he bring himself here of all places? It was the place that shattered his dreams, his future. It was the reason why he didn’t want to go on living.

There stood in front of him was the gravestones of all his former bandmates. He cried violently. He didn’t want to accept it, he refuse to. How could this happened? It all happened so fast…it was unreal. He hated them for it. Ryosuke tried his best to whip away his tears but more and more kept streaming down until his eyes went dry.

Ryosuke fell to his knees and begged. “Please…” he choked out. “Please come back. I can’t stand being alone anymore.” 


Word Count: 932