The Meadow

Beautiful Dream
Please log in to read the full chapter

Warm breeze caressed my skin and the smell of earth and grass made me smile, reminds me of a place close to my heart. I hear birds singing and the rustling of trees. I never thought nature would sing to me its wonderful melody. I breathed out a contented sigh and slowly opened my eyes. I was greeted with the clear blue sky and the golden glow of the afternoon light. The sun’s rays feels like warm cotton on my skin, feels so comforting.

 

I stood up and scanned the place. It was a large clearing in the middle of a forest. A meadow decorated with wild flowers of different colors. So beautiful. The sweet fragrance of the flowers filled my soul with yearning. I felt like crying.

 

I heard a soft voice call my name. Made my heart flutter. I turned around and saw a man with the kindest pair of eyes. He smiled. His dimples showed. Those eyes, is that yearning I see?

 

I walked towards him. He just stood there smiling at me. He reached out his hand and I took it. Fits perfectly. So warm. So familiar.

 

We walked towards the center of the meadow, hands entwined. No words were spoken. Just comfortable silence. Who was this man?

 

“Who are you?” I asked.

 

He looked at me and gave me the sweetest smile, yet no words came out. My heart fluttered and warmth spread through out my body. My heart heard it. I smiled back.

 

We just sat there, watching the golden glow of the sun touch the flowers. The soft breeze making them dance.

 

It was a beautiful sigh

Please log in to read the full chapter