Safe and sound

That Tomboy Girl

 

Seohyun takes a deep breath before she walks out from her block. Even from here, she is able to see what happens outside. There are a lot of students waiting in front of Block 9. She knows why they gathered here. If it weren’t about the head warden and the police cars there, no one will spend their time just to be under the hot sun.

 

“Isn’t that Luhan? The student who turned out to be a guy? He is a police? Oh my god, he is so handsome!”

Seohyun glares at the girl who was squealing at Luhan. Yes, she admits that she is jealous when that girl said that. Not only that girl, there are other girls who were fangirling on him and she hates that.

She stops when there is a police officer stands in front of them.

“I will take her with my own car. Take him to the police station.” Luhan said sternly making Seohyun flinched because she is not used to with serious Luhan.

The officer nods at him and goes to the police car with the head warden in it. She is so scared with the gaze that the head warden gave it to her but it doesn’t seem like he was looking at her, more like he is looking at Luhan. She remembered that the head warden and Luhan are brothers.

She brought back to her sense after she heard a car door is opened by someone. Luhan opened the car door for her and signals her to get inside. She follows his order and gets inside his car while he closes it for her.

“Seoju!” Irene shouted Seohyun’s name from far while struggling to go to the front to see everything. From the time she came, she had no idea what happened and all of sudden the girls start to scream and squeal making her ears hurt because it was too loud.

Luhan turns to Irene after hearing her voice. He then goes to her and says something to her. Seohyun looks at them in jealousy and she doesn’t know why she feels like this. She wants to be with Luhan now. Alone.

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Throughout the car ride, both of them fell silent without saying anything from the time they left the university. There is a lot of thing that Seohyun wants to ask him but seems to be so hard to open and lets out her voice. She wants to say that she misses him so much but she couldn’t.

Not only Seohyun, Luhan too. He wants to ask her a lot of thing mainly the personal thing not this incident but he couldn’t bring himself to ask her that. He wants to ask her but there is something that stopping him from doing so. The silence is so awkward but they feel better with each other by side.

Luhan stops his car when the traffic light turns red. Silent. No sound is heard except from Luhan’s car engine. He doesn’t even turn on the radio where it is usually his habit whenever he is driving. He takes a quick glance from the corner of his eyes to take a brief look of Seohyun. Without he noticed, Seohyun had done the same thing too.

Her head is filled with the questions that she wants to ask since she saw him one hour ago. She determines to break the silence now. She was about to open when Luhan moves his car once the traffic light turns green. She decides not to ask him since he is driving. It might disturb him from focusing the road.

 


 

“Now tell me everything what happened?” One of the detectives told Seohyun with a serious tone making her feels scared.

She was shaking herself in the interrogation room. The two detectives; man and woman, were in charged to interview Seohyun but she didn’t say anything despite being asked by two of them for countless times.

“Hey, don’t just keep quiet! Say something!” Seohyun flinched and fears evident in her eyes when the male detective bang the table for seeking her answer.

The female detective calms him down and tells him that she is scared with his action but that detective is so impatient. He wants Seohyun’s answer without caring how she feels right now. The female detective tells him to leave the room because he will make it worst as Seohyun is really scared of him. He leaves the room despite that he protested.

The female detective turns to Seohyun with a smile and she feels that Seohyun looks ease a little once her partner left the room. With a soft tone, she asked, “Is there anything that you want to do before I ask you something?”

Seohyun looks at her after she asked if she wants to do anything. She does although it sounds so selfish a little bit. “I-I want to meet Luhan oppa. I want to meet him now.” After both of them arrived at the police department, she was taken to the interrogation room by other officer and she haven’t seen Luhan since then.

The detective tilts her head with her request. “Luhan? Did you mean Officer Lu? The police who brought you here?” Seohyun slowly nods. The detective closes the file that was on the table before she stands up. “I will call him.” She said before she leaves the room.

Right now, she is not alone in the room. There is a police officer who was standing throughout the time she was here like he is watching her. That makes Seohyun feels uncomfortable with everything. She doesn’t know anyone here except Luhan and this is the first time she is in the police department.

 

After a few minutes, the door is opened revealing Luhan coming inside the room. She is so happy but disappointed when the detective enters as well. She wants to be with Luhan alone because she wants to.

Both of them sit on the seat facing Seohyun and the detective tells her that she brought Luhan and asks whether they can start the interrogation. Luhan notices that Seohyun’s eyes keep peeking at the detective for a while and he clears his throat.

“Detective, I think you need to leave both of us for a while. I will handle this.” He said while taking the file from her leaving the detective dumbfounded. He assures that he will handle this as he knows what exactly Seohyun wants.

The detective and the officer who was in the room also leave due to Luhan’s request. Now, the room only leaves two of them and it still silent without a word. Luhan turns to his right and Seohyun follows him but the only thing that she sees was their reflection from the mirror. What Seohyun didn’t know, the mirror that she saw her and Luhan’s reflection actually can be seen from the outside. From the outside, the two detectives, the officer and the chief are watching both of them.

 

Luhan begins to flip some paper before starts to ask some question to her.

“You look different.”

He looks up when Seohyun said that he looks different than his usual look. Actually, the look that he has now is his usual look and the look when he was in the university is the different one. Without knowing how to respond with her remark, he just smiles at her before he focuses back to the papers.

“I miss you.”

He looks at her again in blank, not knowing how to react that. The words that he wanted to say for a long time. He misses her too but he is not sure whether it is the right thing to say that to her. He closes the file and put it aside before he takes a glance on his right. He heaves a breath before he opens his mouth. “How are you, Seohyun?”

This wasn’t a part of the plan. Luhan and Seohyun are in the interrogation room is to help the investigation. He knows that this is not the time to chit-chat with her but she is not ready yet. He knows that the incident earlier gave her trauma a bit and all he needs to do is to relax her a bit so that she will go along the interrogation. And the fact that he misses her a lot, he wants to know about her condition after he left.

“Do you miss me?” She asked softly. Hoping that the answer is ‘yes’.

Luhan looks away from her eyes. While looking up at the ceiling, he gives a slow nod to her making Seohyun feels happy inside. He missed her too. She is not the only one. “Every day.” He gave her a short answer. Then, he looks at her again. “I’m really worried about you.”

“Then, why don’t you call me?” She wants to know about that. If he missed her every day, why he didn’t give her a call? Instead, he called Irene to know about her. “Why don’t you come and meet me?” She raised her voice a bit making Luhan winced. She retreats when her action earlier surprised him. She didn’t mean to raise her voice like that to him but she wants to let it out. She covers her face with both of her palms and sobs loudly.

Luhan stands up from his place and walks to Seohyun’s side. He kneels down to her level and with his strength, he pulls the chair that she sits on to face him with her back facing to the mirror. He removes both of her hands from her face and wipes her tears away. Seeing her crying is the last thing he wanted to see from her. He wanted to see the smile that he always sees every day. He wanted to hear her sweet and happy voices that he always hears every day.

“Because I want to save you.” He muttered softly. Seohyun waits for his next words. “And I want you to be safe before I explain everything to you.” He holds her hands tightly like assuring her that he is always by her side. “I want you to tell them everything about what happened earlier. Don’t worry. I won’t leave you.”

 

= = = = = = = = = =

 

Seohyun immediately tells the two detectives about what happened in the dorm after being calm by Luhan. He is right beside her while holding her hand tightly when she is answering the questions that were given by the detectives. Some of the questions made her feel anxious but she quickly soothed it down when Luhan rubbed at the back of her hand.

The interrogation was running smoothly despite with the pressure and the urge from the male detective who is really impatient when it comes to interrogation but the female detective spoke with a gentle voice so that it won’t scares her. And Luhan’s presence helps a lot too. Without him, there is no way Seohyun managed to answer those questions. She feels secure with him.

 

“So, you’re telling me that when that head warden was about to strip you, Officer Lu came to your room and caught him?” The male detective asked in suspicious. He feels that everything happened was suspicious.

Out of all detectives, he is the only detective that Luhan isn’t fond of. Why? He always thinks that he is right that his theories are all correct and other theories from other detectives are wrong even though it is the truth. Sometimes, he makes the detective job looks so easy with all his theories. He also will force a suspect to confess the crime even though the truth is the suspect isn’t the real suspect that they are looking for.

Luhan wondered why he becomes a detective because he is an impatient and wants to close the case quickly by making an innocent person to confess something that they never done. It irks him a lot and that’s why he despises him so much.

Seohyun nods to him in shiver. She still didn’t feel comfortable with this detective.

“Then, how did Officer Lu come to your dorm?” He glared at Luhan while asking that question to Seohyun.

That question is enough to shift everyone’s attention to Luhan. There is some of illogical with Luhan’s appearance in Seohyun’s dorm. How did Luhan know that Seohyun is in danger?

Seohyun looked at Luhan while waiting for his answer. When that happens, all she could think was someone to save her and Luhan did. But the question that the detective asked before made her wonder and started to think how he knew that she was in danger.

Luhan clears his throat and stammers while answering. “Seo-Seohyun called me.”

“But I didn’t.”

Both of them look at each other feeling surprised with the words that they said to each other.

“You did. I answered your calls but all I heard was silent until that jerk’s voice.” He replied.

“But I really didn’t call you. I was about to call you but I hesitated to do that.” She responded back to him.

The female detective decides to ask them again, “So did you call or not?”

“Yes/No!” Both of them said at the same time.

She sighs and shrugs it off with that question. “Well, I don’t care if you call or not but what matter is that Officer Lu saved Joohyun and Joohyun is safe.” When she proceeds to the next question, the other detective cut her by saying that it doesn’t make sense when Luhan claimed that Seohyun called him but Seohyun said she did not and urges to continue with that question but the female detective didn’t want to go on with that.

 

After the interrogation is finished, the two detectives leave the room which only Seohyun, Luhan and the other officer left. Luhan stands up and Seohyun follows him, thought that everything is finished.

“Seohyun, I want you to stay here and don’t go anywhere, okay?” He put his hands on her shoulders while telling that reminder to her.

Seohyun immediately holds his arms with a worried look. “Where are you going?” Separating with him is the last thing that she wants to happen now. She wants to meet him and now she is meeting him but she wants to spend her time with him like before. Leaving her alone here with some unknown police officer is so awkward.

Luhan slides his hands across her arms and holds her hands. “I have some works to do. You need to stay here until everything is finish.” He was about to leave when Seohyun pulls his hands to avoid him from leaving her.

“Please don’t leave me. Stay with me, Luhan oppa.” She begged him to stay with her with a voice that sounded like she wants to cry.

As much as he wants to, he can’t because he needs to settle everything about this case. He had called the drivers to come to give some information. He also had called the past victims to appear in the police department for additional information. If that’s not enough, he has two concrete evidences that prove enough about his brother being guilty.

“I can’t but the drivers are here. They will keep you company. I will be back to you. Don’t worry.” He assured to her that he will be back after everything is done.

With a heavy heart, Luhan leaves the room leaving Seohyun froze in her place. He takes a deep breath before exhales it with a little sad feeling for leaving her alone. He wants to be with her but he has a responsibility for his job.

 

“It seems like she really trusted you a lot.”

Luhan turns to the voice that seems like the words are directly to him. It was from a guy but he doesn’t know him. However, it looks like he knows Seohyun. Soon after that, Kai comes along with the others. They take a look at Seohyun who was sitting down with a sad look after Luhan left her in that room.

“Luhan-shi, this is Kim Moonkyu that I told you about.” Kai introduced to Luhan. So this is the Kim Moonkyu who saved Seohyun before. “He will be here for the interrogation about what happened to Seohyun that time. The other victims are being interrogated now.” He added.

Luhan nods at Kai’s statement. But before that, he needs them to do something. “Can you guys do me a favor?” He continues after all of them nodded in agree to help him. “Please stay with Seohyun while I’m doing my job.”

They give an okay sign and tell him ‘no problem’ before the seven of them entered the room to accompany Seohyun.

He looks at Seohyun for a while before he walks away from there.

 


 

After all the information was given by the past victims and Luhan’s evidences, it is confirmed that Lu Gao is guilty for ual harassment. Luhan has two evidences which are; a hidden camera that was placed in Seohyun’s room without knowing and a phone call made by Seohyun that was automatically recorded on his phone.

The hidden camera was placed by Irene in which the camera that was given by Luhan through the drivers to give it to Irene. He called her and instructed her to place it in any place but the camera must be facing the door and shouldn’t be seen by Seohyun.

The other one is phone call. Luhan has an application which can record all the phone calls that he made or answered. In this situation, Seohyun made a phone call and all Luhan heard was the confrontation of Seohyun and his brother. That conversation was kept in his phone and became an evidence to prove that his brother is guilty.

 

Luhan goes inside the interrogation room which his brother was placed during the investigation. He orders the officer to leave them for a moment so that he could talk to his brother. He didn’t sit but instead he stands while looking at his brother’s eyes. They are making eye contact with each other.

Lu Gao scoffs and then smirks before he says something. “You must feel happy that I’m going to the jail, right? You want that to happen, right?”

But Luhan didn’t react anything with what he just said. He keeps calm all the time not like before. “I’m not saying that I’m happy about it but at least with this, you will reflect everything what had you done from your past life.” He said in monotone.

“Reflect? What is that? You know what, Luhan? I never regret everything with what I’ve done.” Lu Gao said proudly while snickering.

“You may say that now but not later. One day, you will feel regret with everything you’ve done because no one is going to be on your side anymore.” Luhan’s words caused Lu Gao to clench both of his fists. “Another thing is that you will be alone because you have no one else.”

Lu Gao screams and storms off from his seat in rage and was about to punch Luhan but he is fast enough to stop him by using his palms holding both of his fists. He is lucky that Lu Gao is handcuffed.

Lu Gao’s face becomes red due to his anger but Luhan is still with calm face while holding Lu Gao’s fists tightly. “You are not stronger than you think. I wish you keep in mind that.” He pushes Lu Gao’s fists before leaves the room.

 


 

Seohyun signs on the paper to claim all her things back after they were taken for investigation. Luhan is waiting behind her while she is taking all her belongings back. His shift is over now. After that, they walk together out from the police department. Luhan asks her if she is okay now and he is glad that she feels relieve when that jerk got caught all thanks to him.

When they completely leave the building, Seohyun looks at the time on her watch and frowns when she finds out what the time is now. It’s 11.15pm now. The curfew for her dorm starts 10.00pm. Now, where is she going to sleep?

“What’s wrong, Seohyun?” Luhan asked as he saw her worried looks.

“It’s more than 11 o’clock now. You know what time is the curfew, right? What should I do now?” She said in concern.

Luhan thinks for a while trying to find a solution of her problem. He has one but he is not sure if she will agree or not. “Well, I’m giving you a suggestion but I’m not sure if you’re okay with it or not.” He paused before he continues. He is not sure if this is fine for her. His ears and cheeks start to become red. “How about you come to my house? I live alone and there is an extra room for you.”

Seohyun’s eyes widen and blush when Luhan said that she could come to his house. It’s definitely a ‘no’ because he is a guy but she has nowhere to go and who else she needs to ask for help. With a shy smile and red cheeks, she answered, “Well, I don’t have any place to go, right?” She avoids from making an eye contact with him. This is so embarrassing. She is right! She doesn't have any place to go. Her parents live far away from here. She doesn't have any close relative staying here and it's obvious that she can't ask Irene for help. So, Luhan is her last choice although she is hesitated.

He smiles brightly when she agrees to stay in his place. He guides her to his car without leaving his wide smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

 


This chapter is supposed to be the end but ideas 'betray' me. Hahaha. I don't know why ideas always come at the very last minute. And I'm sorry for the late update.

p/s: I just realized that I have already reached +100 comments and subscribers (I know that some unsubscribed. It's okay. Maybe they are tired of waiting too long or this story is not interesting.) But anyway, thank you for subscribing and commenting.