001

Adopted Siblings

5 years old Soeun & Sangbeom

The house was noisy with kids playing around inside and outside. It was sunny yet cold as autumn is just around the corner. A doorbell rang loudly, signing that they have a guest. Little Sangbeom went to open the door for the mother as she was walking towards it. Mother smiled at him and thanked him.

Sangbeom smiled at her and went behind her as he peep out outside to find a chubby girl staring down on the ground while clutching on the older lady's dress.

"This must be Soeun," mother said as she crouched down to face the little girl who looks like Sangbeom's age. Soeun nodded her head slowly before covering her face with the old lady's dress. Mother smiled at her before looking at Sangbeom.

"Dear, could you show Soeun around?" asked mother. With a grin, Sangbeom agreed and took the girl's hand as he dragged her away from the adults. He had shown her the place where they learn, sleep, eat and play. But none of them makes Soeun to smile or to talk to him. She stayed quiet as if no one was around. Sangbeom frowned and sighed in defeated.

* * *

It has been weeks since the new comer, Soeun came. Still she stayed quiet and stays out of trouble. She did not make any friends or does anyone wants to be friends with her. Little Soeun sat on the swing as she push herself with her legs. She stared at the boys, who were playing football. She turned to her left and saw the girls having tea party. None of them invited them.

Thud!

Soeun cried as the ball that was kicked by an eight years old hitted her head. Sangbeom, who was around there, jogged his way to her and examined Soeun's face. "You have a bruise! Let's go put ointment," he said and holds her hand but Soeun did not budge. He glared at her for a moment before using his full force to pull her with him.

"Mother! Mother! Soeun is injured! " Sangbeom shouted. "What? Injured?" the old woman who was knitting, stopped as she heard about Soeun's injury. "Yeah! Soohyun hyung kicked the ball and it hitted her," he pointed to Soeun's forehead. "Oh dear! Let me have a look at it"

Since then, they became close.

 

11 years old Soeun and Sangbeom

Soeun spend her time in the reading room quite many time as for Sangbeom was busy playing games with others.

Lunch time passed. Soeun was nowhere to be found in the diner. He knew that she was too busy reading that she skipped her lunch again. With a tray in his hands, Sangbeom heads to the reading room to find Soeun. He slide the sliding door open and peep his head in the room and saw a head rested on the table. Sangbeom walked closer to the sleeping figure and set the tray down on the table. He slowly shook her body and call out her name. "Soeun-ah"

She didn't respond. Sangbeom smiled at her sleeping face before brushed her hair that was covering her face before pinched her cheek hard with his teeth gritted. "Yah! Yah! Eat you stupid head," he glared at her. Soeun yelled and groaned, she slapped Sangbeom's hand away from her fluffy soft cheek. "Go away bomb!"

“Not until you eat Eunni-yah!” he chuckled before sat opposite her. “Come on, eat up!” he said as he pushed the tray to her. Soeun plastered a weak smile, still feeling sleepy before she picked up the spoon and started to eat her late lunch.

“What were you reading?” he asked, felt bored doing nothing. Soeun took in a spoon full of rice, not answering him. Sangbeom glared at her. “Seriously you need to throw that attitude of yours Soeun! That’s why you don’t have friends” Sangbeom ended up yelping after Soeun kicked his leg underneath the table. “I do have friends!” Soeun glared at him. Sangbeom pouted and rubbed his bruised. “Really? Who?”

“You..” Soeun blushed as he answered. Sangbeom also blushed.

Not seconds later, the door opened wide as a 7 years old came in. All attention went to him. “Noona, hyung! Mother wants to see you two in her office” the little boy said. Sangbeom nodded his head as Soeun proceeded on her eating. “Alright! We’ll be there”

 

Sangbeom and Soeun entered the office to be greeted by mother and a young couple. “Beom-ah, Eun-ah! Meet your adopted parents” mother smiled at the two 11 years old before turning back her attention to the couple.  Soeun and Sangbeom bowed respectfully to the couples before settled down next to mother.

“It’s nice to see you two” the lady smiled at them sweetly.

Mother pointed her thumb on the lady as she said, “This is Mrs. Song Boah and she’s your new mother. And the man here is your new father, Song Jaerim” the couples bowed their head after being introduced.

***

That night, Sangbeom and Soeun were in a simple apartment, their new home. Sangbeom and Soeun had their own room. Their live changed since then.

They attend a different school and made new friends. Even Soeun. The young married coupe, Jaerim and Boah made great parents for them as they took good care. They love Sangbeom and Soeun and enjoyed their company.

 


 

It's up!!! Yeah I at it orz