Sehyuk

Desolate

               His name was Sehyuk, but for the past eight years he had only known himself as P-Goon. He escaped through the cold, dead halls of the government buildings he had been kept in since he was a child. The halls that swept him from his friends and family when he was only five years old. The halls that dumbed his existance down to books, play, and daily counceling sessions that he soon found himself dreading. He was special, of course, he knew that much from just being alone, he knew himself well, so when the men in the black suits (The Demons, as he used to think of them) took him away from the others and told him that he was to be a Cinos student, he was far from surprised. Of course he made friends there, he wasn't a completely quiet kid, but he was somewhat reserved, and relied slightly on others to seek his company. Several did, and those several that did stuck with him for a good while until they eventually vanished, like all the others tended to do: except for him.

               Sehyuk wasn't particularly tall, nor was his build very wide. He stood around five foot nine, had a small shoulder span and a thin waist, but under his shirt he housed months of work outs and fitness tests, most noticible in his arms, which were easily the most eye catching thing about him. When it came to his face, he didn't have the ideal look of beauty, but his sharp features were handsome, and he had a way of smiling that had melted a couple of hearts in his classes, he was just sure of it. He kept his hair black, and shaved on the sides, pulled back at the crown of his skull into a pony tail. As far as clothing, he was never able to choose what he wanted to wear, and now, stading on the outside of the large concrete building that had held him captive for so much of his life, he sported a black and white one piece jumpsuit with a small C ensignia embroidered where the pocket would be. It wasn't the most stylish thing, to say the least, and looking down at it made Sehyuk want to make finding new clothes the first priority.

               Next to him stood his best friend, or at least the closest to it, bent over, hands on his knees, catching his breath. His name was Gohn. That's how he knew him, at least. He was smart enough to realize that the name was much like his own, nothing but a means of stripping all previous life out of them. Sehyuk laid his hand on the middle of Gohn's back, and looked down the empty street they now stood at the end of. As hid friend rose from his knees, Sehyuk let his hand fall to his side, and they stood in awe together, amazed at what they had accomplished. He had been dreaming of escaping for years, and when Gohn had first approached him with the idea, he jumped on the oppourtunity almost immediately, setting up plans and meetings for those who were interested. In the end, they were the only ones brave enough to test the system, and they were the only ones that were possibly able to accomplish the task. It seemed surreal to them, standing on the streets that they had only looked down to from the glass windows for so many years. They knew they must have been on these streets at some point in their life, but neither of them remembered anything from those years past.

               "We should get going." Gohn broke the silence with those words, and Sehyuk looked up to him, nodding in agreement. They didn't have much time, at this point the men would have realized that they had gone missing and neither of them were sure what was in store for them if they were to get caught.

               The streets were eerie, quiet, desolate, and void of life. Neither Sehyuk nor Gohn remembered anything about the streets, alleyways, or buildings, so their treck through the city was seemingly fruitless, going about their way with only the thought that maybe they would eventually run into someone that had some idea of what was going on out here. But both of them knew that He had destroyed all life, or that was what they were told. The only thing that kept their hope up was that if they escaped, then surely someone else most be out here, alive, well. Thriving as they hoped to thrive.

               Dusk settled in before either of them realized how long they had been going on foot. They watched the sun set over the horizon as Gohn rolled a rather large metal canister over to where they had decided to take shelter for the night. Sehyuk had gathered paper and other flammable items, and threw them into the can, staring at it first, and them back to Gohn, who was biting his lip, thinking. For thirteen years he was given his meals, his clothes were laundered for him, and his room was cleaned, the only thing he had ever had to worry about inside The Building was his self-hygine. Looking at the canister filled with paper now reminded him of how little he remembered about his time on the outside. He was only five. He had no recollection of what he needed to survive. He looked around, desperate, knowing that if they didn't have a fire, the cold of the night would chill them both to the core and they wouldn't even survive a day outside the Building.

               Gohn snapped his fingers suddenly, and murmered something under his breath that Sehyuk didn't catch. Sehyuk watched as his friend rummaged through the piles of debris outside their shelter and return with two pieces of scrap metal. While they were friends, of course, he knew little about Gohn, really. They were close, but they never talked about life before the Building, or even life before Cinos. He watched as his friend's hands scraped the metal against each other again and again until sparks began to form. When he finally lit a small piece alight, Sehyuk watched as Gohn leaned over the cannister and blew lightly, keeping his hands around the spark. After nearly a half an hour of waiting, and breathing into his hands as the air began to chill, Gohn stepped back to reveal a glorious fire.

               He was thankful, that was all he could really say about it. How could he not be? Had Gohn not been the one to convince him to leave, had he not been the one that was there, how was he supposed to have made it on his own. Sehyuk didn't sleep that night, but he felt comfort in feeling Gohn's warm body lie against him, his friend huddled between, him, the wall, and the warm fire in front. He took solace in feeling his slow breathing next to him, the normally loud boy now diminished to a simple baby, so calm, so helpless. Sehyuk didn't know what he was supposed to do is someone was to find them through the night, but it didn't worry him. He was free from what he had felt for so long to be torture, and that was all that he needed to know to feel at home.