The Before

Neutral.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N wakes up to the sound of nothing but the feeling of another morning put to waste. He tries to wake up early and experience the wonderful effects of the sun before 12 pm though it never seems to happen. Around three pm every afternoon, he goes online and asks for reddit hacks on sleeping or sets alarms from six am, each with a five-minute variation until eight am for the next day, still no effect. There is probably a reason behind this awful habit. “How will I do this? I did it before, why can’t I do it now?” he whispers in his mind while sitting on the side of his mattress. “There’s probably…nothing to wake up to anymore.”

 

As an intelligent young man who graduated high school at the age of 14 and finished college in the field of robotic science at the age of 18, he was quite dumbfounded of what to do after. He did not need a job yet nor did he need the money. He came from a wealthy family that could provide him with anything that he needs and if anything happens, all the inheritance would go to N as he is the only child of the Cha business. At current times, he just wakes up again and again, skipping breakfast as usual with a heavy head and a broken heart.

 

When N was in high school, he wasn’t the only smart individual who got accelerated. There he met the one and only Sanghyuk, Hyuk for short. They were seatmates, lab partners, field trip buddies, and practically the epitome of the word ‘bff.’ You could probably call them the ultimate duo especially with their smarts and looks in the middle of older aged teens, they outshined everyone else.

 

At the age of 13, they were young and innocent. They didn’t know the meaning of affection or love nor did they know how it is created. They didn’t know what should one do for the other. They didn’t understand the purpose. Or was that only N.

 

“Are you guys together or something?” Hyuk’s front mate, Ravi, asked.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” N returned as a reply after contemplating for a few seconds.

 

Hyuk was quiet. Hyuk was the same age as N and was not really part of the talkative bunch. He doesn’t casually talk to anyone but N while the others, professional and plastic when there is a need to be.

 

“Oh you know, like dating? You guys are always together though.”   Ravi questions yet again. Ravi was the well-rounded individual. He was a really good dancer, rapper, and he’s got the smarts but not with the acceleration level. For this, he was older than the two. He was a good hyung to the two and would look out for them in case anyone tries to bully them since they were quite young to be in their grade. Ravi teased them oftentimes though.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter