Chapter 1

Someday

It was surprisingly dark when I got inside my small apartment. If my memory serves me right, I remembered leaving my small solar lamp inside the living room this afternoon before going out earlier so that when I get home tonight it won't be too dark. Yes, I'm a nineteen year old girl who is still terrified of the dark. Don't laugh at me. It's pretty normal okay.

          As I walked towards the opposite side of the door where the light switch was located, I suddenly heard a faint strumming and a familiar voice singing.

Because of the endless schedule
It’s not easy to see your face
Me inside the TV, you watching me on TV
That’s how we date

          My heart skipped a beat upon hearing that voice. I continued to walk until I was able to reach the switch and turned the lights on. As the light illuminated the room, my lips curved into a smile upon seeing Jiwon standing just a few meters away from me. Jiwon. My Jiwon.

Should I quit?
When I think about you, I keep getting weak

Because I’m an idol, because I’m a celebrity
I can’t hold your hand when we walk but
When I become more famous, when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now

 

           I covered my lips with my hands, trying to hide the huge smile on my face. Gosh, I missed him so much. We haven't seen each other for a month because I don't want to bother him. They're going to debut soon and I understand that he has a pretty hectic schedule and he has to focus on their practice

I want to go out and go to the movies
I want to stick close to you and walk all day
Things that everyone else does, things that are normal
Those things are difficult for us


          He looked tired. The eye bags under his eyes became more visible especially when he smiles.

I wondered if we should break up a few times but I love you too much

          Tears were on the brink of falling from my eyes. Why did he chose this song? I mentally asked myself while looking at him. This song makes me cry all the time. The lyrics just suits our situation well. Even though they haven't debuted yet, they're already quite famous because of the survival shows that they had to undergo. Also, Jiwon winning SMTM3 boosted his popularity more, gaining him quite a number of fans. Because of his popularity, going out to date in public places became difficult for us. We can't even hold hands in public even though he is wearing a disguise because someone might recognize him.

As much as I love you, music is so important to me too so I can’t help it
After some time passes, after I become a bit more famous
I will reveal you to the world – I love you

          Is he going to break up with me? Negative thoughts started to fill my mind. I can't hold back my tears any longer. Droplets of tears started to roll down my cheeks.

Because of all the cameras, because of my manager
I kept pushing back our dates
When my music succeeds, when everything goes well
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now

I’ll do everything for you, I’ll give you everything

          He looked at me as he sang the last line of the song.

This song is for you – I love you

          He placed the guitar on the couch and walked towards me. As soon as he reached me, he pulled me closer to him and circled his arms around me. "Are you breaking up with me?" My heart ached as soon as those words came out of my mouth.  He leaned his forehead against mine. “I'm sorry,” he whispered. I looked up at him. Tears started streaming down my face once again. "So I guess you're really breaking up with me huh," I said in between sobs. "Pabo," I heard him say as he pulled away from the hug. "I am not breaking up with you. I will never do that." He rubbed his nose against mine and rested his hands on both side of my shoulder. "Did you like it?" He asked. "I don't." I quickly replied. He frowned at me. "I didn't like it. I love it. Who wouldn't love hearing the mighty Bobby of iKON sing?" I said and gave him a smile. "Nobody hears me sings, well except for the boys and you. Consider yourself lucky." He said while laughing. "Woah. You sound like Junhoe one second back there. Okay, then I guess I'm one lucky girl. I am the only girl who can hear your horrible singing." I said, pinching his cheeks. He looked at me and pouted. "YG sajangnim just confirmed Young-bae hyung's relationship with Hyorin noona." He ran his hand through my hair. "Yeah. It was all over the internet. I'm happy for both of them." I replied, giving him a smile. He held my hands and stared at my eyes intently. "Someday, it will be you and me. Wait for me okay?" Those words made all the worries go away. My heart skipped a beat and the silly butterflies in my stomach did those flips and somersault. It wasn't a promise. It was an assurance. And it was more than enough for me. I smiled and nodded at him. "Someday it will be us." He leaned down and  placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.