Final

The Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sir Myungsoo! Wait for me! Sir Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo simply walked ahead, ignoring the cries from his butler, Woohyun.

“Sir Myungsoo!” The poor guy was running after his master, since his master felt like walking home from the human territory.

Well, he named Seoul city the human territory while he named the forest his territory.

Why the difference?

That’s because he’s a demon.

He’s a demon who ran away from the demon world, into the human world, just because he hated the demon world.

Woohyun, also a demon, was someone Myungsoo helped since young and as such, Woohyun promised to be by Myungsoo’s side forever – be his butler, of course.

“Sir Myungsoo!” Myungsoo had much longer legs, which allowed him to be fast too.

Woohyun panted badly when he finally caught up to his master. “Sir Myungsoo! You should really stop walking this fast! I can’t catch up at all!”

But all of the sudden, he stopped.

Woohyun too, stopped right by his side. “Sir Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo had his hands in his pockets, and his eyes fixed towards the direction of the bus stop. Woohyun raised a brow and looked at where he was viewing.

“A basket?”

Myungsoo walked over to the basket coolly and nudged it with his foot.

Nothing.

He did it again, and this time, the object in the basket moved.

Myungsoo squatted down to the basket and flipped open the cloth, only to find a baby in the basket. “Human.”

Woohyun widened his eyes as he waited for Myungsoo’s reaction. “Sir… Myungsoo…”

“Let’s go.”

Woohyun gulped and watched Myungsoo entering the forest without any hint of looking back, “But… But Sir Myungsoo! The baby-”

“The baby is none of my concern.”

“B-But… The baby-”

Myungsoo stopped walking.

He turned around and stared at the basket again. *What is this that I’m feeling? My heart doesn’t want me to leave the baby alone.*

He walked back to the bus stop, bent his torso down to the basket again, and poked his fingers on her cheeks. “Chubby.”

“Sir… Myungsoo…”

Myungsoo did the unexpected.

He picked the basket up and walked towards the forest. Woohyun, once again, widened his eyes in surprised. “Sir Myungsoo! The baby-”

“I’m keeping the baby.”

Woohyun was so shocked that he turned speechless. But he was glad the baby would be fine and not be in the wild with nobody to pick her up.

Myungsoo placed the basket on the table and looked at the baby. The baby too, stared right back into his eyes.

Not long after, she let out cute giggles while moving her limbs about.

Woohyun smiled at the sight of this cute baby. “What should we name her, Sir Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo looked at the happy baby for a long time. “Jiyeon.”

“Jiyeon?”

“Yes.” Myungsoo nodded his head once, “Park Jiyeon. This will be her name.”

“Got it!” Woohyun cooed, “Leave the essential administrations to me! I’ll do it!” He was happy there came a new family member alright.

Myungsoo was still staring at the baby but all of the sudden, she started crying. He widened his eyes in shocked, just a little, before feeling a nudge on his elbow. “Sir Myungsoo! Baby Jiyeon wants you to carry her.”

“You can do it.”

Woohyun sighed and picked her up but she was still crying. “Try carrying her, Sir Myungsoo! Maybe she wants you!”

And she pushed Jiyeon to Myungsoo, causing him to carry her by force. Indeed, she stopped crying at once.

“See! She loves you!” She started giggling again. “She really loves you, Sir Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo stared at the giggling baby in his arms before hugging her tighter. *I guess keeping her wouldn’t be a bad thing too huh?*

For a first time in his 1021 years of living, he smiled.

~~~~~

“Myungsoo oppa~”

Myungsoo was reading a book on his sofa, and here came Jiyeon who was already 6. She jumped up onto the sofa and sat on his laps automatically.

He didn’t complain too.

It had always been like this.

“Myungsoo oppa~”

“Hmm?”

“Read this to Jiyeon!”

Myungsoo looked at the book in her arms and took it over, after closing his own, “Cinderella? Didn’t we read this last night?”

“But Jiyeon likes this story!”

“Isn’t it boring?”

“Nope! Jiyeon likes it! Jiyeon wants a prince charming to appear and loves Jiyeon too!”

Myungsoo frowned. He doesn’t like that sentence one bit. “Your prince charming won’t appear.”

“But why?”

“Because I said so.”

Jiyeon pouted sadly with little tears in her eyes. “But Jiyeon wants prince charming to appear and loves Jiyeon.”

“He won’t appear at all.”

Jiyeon sniffled sadly and turned to face Myungsoo, “Then will Myungsoo oppa be Jiyeon’s prince charming?”

Myungsoo looked right into her eyes and gulped hardly.

“Will you, Myungsoo oppa?”

“Yes, I will.”

She giggled and smiled widely again. “Then Jiyeon is happy! Jiyeon loves Myungsoo oppa so much so much so much!”

Myungsoo pulled her closer against his chest and smiled into her hair, “I know you do.” And he started reading Cinderella to her again.

~~~~~

“What is Jiyeon’s wish now?”

Jiyeon was with Woohyun and they were chatting about everything again. “Jiyeon wants to fly!”

“Fly? But why?”

“Jiyeon wants to see the world! Even if it’s for once! It’ll be so cool to be able to see the world from above!”

“Hmm…” Woohyun smiled, “That wish is so difficult to fulfill.”

“But I can fulfill it for you.”

Jiyeon stood up from the dining chair with widest smile on her face. “Myungsoo oppa! You’re back!”

“Yes, I’m home.”

“You were gone for 4 weeks! Did you go to the demon world again? What did they want from you now?!”

“It’s nothing.” Myungsoo smiled sweetly. “Did you say you want to fly? Is that your 10 year old wish?”

“YES!”

“Then consider it done.” Myungsoo cooed and brought her over to the window. “We’ll be back in the morning, Woohyun.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter