The only way up is down

Wondering is No Longer an Option [ue]

Bubbles float upward. It is a light blue all around. Sunlight glimmers overhead. Another group of bubbles is blown out. Kyungsoo sees the watery image of the sun above. He reaches out for it, but grasps nothing. More bubbles. He looks around. Nothing but blue. Things are blurry. More bubbles. He struggles for air, and inhales water. His vision is fading. Water. He kicks upward. Reaching, reaching for the surface. It is too far. More kicking. He sees black spots. He kicks harder. The surface comes closer. Little by little. He is almost out of oxygen. When did his body get so heavy? He is sinking. No. No. Not yet. An adrenaline rush. He shoots upward. His head breaks the surface.

 

Kyungsoo gasps for air and sits up abruptly. In and out, in and out. He breathes and clutches his chest. Sweat rolls from his forehead. He it away and calms his heart. The room is empty. He sits on a metal bed. The sheets are checkered red and white. There is no pillow. A dresser sits not too far. Papers and photographs clutter the surface, obscuring the wood from view. A rickety old chair is tucked underneath. The legs are worn and wobbly. White, plush carpet is dented by the legs. Coffee stains create a circle around the chair. A square of warm light comes from the window next to the head of the bed.

 

A sound comes from the hallway in the far left corner. Kyungsoo is alert. His heart pounds erratically. Keys rattle. A door opens. Metal hangers clank together. The door shuts. The tip of a black shoe comes into view. Then a lanky leg. Then a tall man with ash-grey hair and a puppy face. He is reading a book. Kyungsoo watches him run into the desk. The man curses and sets the book down. His gaze connects with Kyungsoo’s. He smiles. It is a bright smile. It reaches his ears. To his eyes. They glimmer; framed by black glasses. It is all just a little too bright. Kyungsoo shifts his look down. The man wears a black turtle neck. And a black sportcoat. His pants are black too. They are a little too short for his legs. Long black socks are revealed. He looks like he had come from a funeral. His face says otherwise.

 

“You’re up.” he says. Kyungsoo nods. “Hit your head pretty hard. I hope you are alright.” The man taps his head. Kyungsoo reaches up. His finger feels bandages. It runs over a soft spot. He winces. His hand falls to the side.

 

“Who --” Kyungsoo’s voice is caught in his throat. He begins to cough. The man hands him a glass of water. He pulls the worn chair next to the bed and sits in it. The sound of coughing scratches Kyungsoo’s ears. When will it stop? His throat is becoming sore. The water is gone. It burns. He hands the glass to the man who gets him another. He downs that. Another. All in one go. Another. It hurts. Another. The pain has subsided. Kyungsoo wipes a tear from his eye.

 

“I will save you the pain and answer your ‘who, what, when, where, how’ questions.” says the man. Kyungsoo nods gratefully. “I am Park Chanyeol, but that is my name in the human world. Here, I am known as the Mad Hatter. What is going on? A lot of things, to be completely honest. What is this place? My home. When? It is a half past twelve. ‘Where’ is the big question, though. Where are you? That is what everyone asks when they wake up. You are the first to ask who; but I digress. You are in Wonderland, to be frank. If you want to be exact, you are on the edge of Wonderland. How you got here, though, that is what I would love to know. I kind of just found you at my door step. Your head was bleeding on a rock and I could not leave you there for dead. So I brought you in and bandaged you up.” The man nods, as if to confirm his own words. “I hope that was satisfactory.” Kyungsoo nods, but there was something he knew the man could not answer. It had been bugging him since the mention of Wonderland. What happened? His memory was fuzzy. Only snippets came through. One of a white rabbit with a watch. Then a castle. Human sized cards. A brown hare. A small boy. There is something about him, the boy, that was unusual. But he could not remember. Kyungsoo shakes his head.

 

There is a knock at the door. Kyungsoo looks up. Chanyeol is already at the hallway. The door opens. Clothes rustling can be heard. The closet door opens. Then closes. Raspy whispers float to Kyungsoo’s ears. Chanyeol reappears with a stranger in tow. The stranger is a short boy. He has fluffy hair. A  black sport coat a little too big sits on his shoulders over top a white dress shirt. He wears black shorts. But this boy is different. Much different. And it clicks. The brown rabbit. In Kyungsoo’s memory, the brown rabbit becomes crisp and so does a boy. A boy with gigantic rabbit ears sprouting from his head. That is the boy standing in front of Kyungsoo, talking quietly with Chanyeol. The boy has a puffy brown tail.

 

“You…” Kyungsoo mutters to himself. Conversation stops. Chanyeol and the boy are looking at him now.

 

“You, I know you. Your name is Alice..” the boy states confidently. Kyungsoo shakes his head. Who is Alice? Certainly not him. He does not resemble Alice in the slightest. He had black hair, Alice is a blond. He is a boy, she is a girl. But the boy states again, “You are Alice.” The boy hurries over, a spring in his step. “I’ve been waiting for this since I was a wee one!”

 

“I am not Alice. I am Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo replies sharply. The boy tilts his head to the side and begins to laugh.

 

“Mad Hatter, have you not informed Alice of the way it works here?” asks the boy. Chanyeol shakes his head.

 

“He only woke up five minutes before you arrived. If you would have given me time, he would not be like this.” Chanyeol chides. The boy shrinks back and apologizes. “Now, if you do not mind introducing yourself. The poor thing looks like a frightened hare.”

 

“He absolutely, positively does not look like a hare, Mad Hatter. You are clearly mistaken!”

 

“I was only making an analogy.”

 

“You better have.” The boy clears his throat. His eyes return to Kyungsoo. “I am Sehun where you live. But you shall call me the March Hare, for that is what I am called.” Sehun holds out a hand, which Kyungsoo takes with caution. “I am so excited you are here, oh so very excited. Ever since Alice left --”


“I am not Alice?”

 

“You certainly are Alice!”

 

“But clearly Alice has left, and I have not.”

 

“Oh, Mad Hatter! You have failed to enlighten Alice on what is going on! Shame on you.” Sehun sighs.

 

“You are in no position to scold me, March Hare. If you had not jumped in so quickly, we would not be in such a pickle.” Chanyeol gently pushes Sehun aside and sits in the desk chair. “Many apologies. Sehun is but a child and has no filter. It is simply jump first, think later.”

 

“Excuse me! I am twelve! Hardly a child.” Sehun retorts, but Chanyeol ignores the boy.

 

“Let us start with how this world works.” Chanyeol adjusts his glasses and clears his throat. “First off, everyone in Wonderland have two names; one while in Wonderland and one when in the human world. As you know, I am the Mad Hatter but you will call me Chanyeol, and this,” Chanyeol points to Sehun. “is the March Hare, but you shall call him Sehun.”

 

“Excuse me! I specifically asked to be the March Hare!”

 

Chanyeol ignores the second interjection. “You are Alice to everyone here, but only those you decide can call you Kyungsoo. See, names are very special in this world. We believe they are like your heart. You do not want to give up your heart so easily to anyone, now would you?”

 

“Then why am I calling you Chanyeol and him Sehun?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

“That is none of your concern, but if Sehun feels comfortable enough, he can tell you when I’m done.” Chanyeol looks to Sehun for confirmation. The boy nods.

 

“Chanyeol,”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why am I Alice? What does it mean to be Alice?”

 

“Ah, that. As Sehun said, Alice had left, but he was not referring to you. We had an Alice. She was so kind, and promised to help us. Our futures seemed so bright. Until she left.” Chanyeol says bitterly. “She left us to wallow away in sorrow. We do not know where she is, or if she will ever come back, but we do not believe she will help us anymore, for she has shown her true colors. She is a lying --”

 

“Mad Hatter! That is not appropriate language when referring to Alice. You know quite well what will happen, and if it does, what will I do? I am only twelve and you are my caretaker, mind you!” Sehun pouts and lightly punches Chanyeol’s arm.

 

“I am not afraid, dearest March Hare, of the consequences. Nor am I afraid of leaving you. I know you are more than capable of taking care of yourself.”

 

“So… so you would leave me?” Sehun sniffles. He wipes a large tear from his eye. “You are very heartless, Mad Hatter!” A puff of smoke. Sehun disappears. In his place, a small brown hare. It begins to bounce away. Chanyeol sighs and picks up the tiny creature. It thrashes in his arms. He looks indifferent. The hare gives in and stops from exhaustion. Chanyeol its back and cooes into its ear, placing a small kiss on its head.

 

“Please forgive Sehun. He is very sensitive. His mother left him when he was a leveret, and has had troubles with it ever since.” Chanyeol smiles apologetically. “Anyway, as I was saying, Alice is frowned upon. She has been gone far too long to be thought of as a savior. But the White Rabbit, devastated by her leave, went to your world in search of a new Alice. And that new Alice seems to be you.”

 

“How do you know that?” asks Kyungsoo.

 

“The White Rabbit is Sehun’s cousin, and I assume he was informed on the location of Alice. It just so happened you were dropped at my doorstep, and Sehun arrived here not too long after you woke up.”

 

“Why here, though?”

 

“It is what the White Rabbit chose. He knows best.”

 

“What about my family? Where are they? What will they think if I am gone?” Chanyeol bites his lip. Averts his eyes. But says nothing. Kyungsoo becomes frustrated. “So the White Rabbit stole me from my family? You know what they will do? They will send search parties after me until they find my body. They will fall into depression. They may even kill themselves from their sorrows all because you wanted a new Alice.” Kyungsoo shouts. He makes a fist, pounds it on the bed in anger. Tears fall. He wipes them away. A glare is shot at Chanyeol.

 

Poof. Sehun sits on Chanyeol’s lap. “Do not yell at the Mad Hatter! It is not his fault. He never wanted a new Alice. It was all the White Rabbit’s doing. I will not tolerate you yelling at the Mad Hatter ever. If you want someone to yell at, go find my cousin. If you ever think of it again, so help me I will rip out your --”

 

“Sehun.”

 

“Just a minute!” Sehun says, trying to contain his anger.

 

“Sehun.”

 

“I said hold on, Mad Hatter.”

 

“Sehun, stop it right now.” Chanyeol says firmly.

 

“But Mad Hatter…” Sehun sniffs. “You do not deserve this level disrespect.”

 

“Sehun, I appreciate you defending me, but I am a grown man, and you are only twelve. Kyungsoo is your superior and you, too, must treat him with the utmost respect.”

 

“Yes sir.” Sehun turns around and gives Chanyeol a giant hug. Poof. He becomes a hare yet again and snuggles into Chanyeol’s lap.

 

“I am so sorry, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo stares, dumbfounded. The whole scene that had unfolded before him. What was it? It was all so strange. He does not want to be caught up in any conflict, but he could not help but inquire. “What is Sehun to you? Are you…?

 

Chanyeol frowns. Then laughs. For quite a while. He pets the hare. “Lovers?” Kyungsoo nods. “No.” He lets out a breath. “He is almost like a son to me. I hope you have not looked down upon us.”

 

“N-no…”

 

“Good. Now, back to the matter at hand. I apologize for the interruption.” Kyungsoo shakes his head. “You want to know about your family. Well, to be completely honest, do you even remember them?”

 

“Of course I do! What sort of question is… that?” Kyungsoo bites his nail. What does his family look like? Who is in it? Does he have siblings? He could not remember anything. Not even what his parents’ faces were like. In fact, he could not think of having a family. He had memories as a kid. Riding a bicycle. Swimming. Winning awards. But was his family ever there? Did he ever have a family? He quite clearly remembers… No, he never had a family. He was an orphan? No. But the puzzle was missing pieces. Disappeared. Never there.

 

“Just as you have forgotten your family, they have forgotten you. If you wish to take possession of your, and their, memories, you must find the White Rabbit and see if you cannot strike a deal. Be warned, however, the White Rabbit is heartless. He only has eyes for his own wants. He will not give them up easily.”

 

Kyungsoo wants to reply, but he says nothing. He looks to Chanyeol. Then to the hare in his lap. The ears begin to twitch. The hare opens its eyes. Its nose twitches. Poof. Sehun is, once again, sitting on Chanyeol’s lap. He faces up. Sniffs the air. His ears twitch. Something is happening. Something big. Kyungsoo feels it in his gut. Sehun and Chanyeol glance out the window. Their eyes become wide. Without a word, they get up. Chanyeol scrambles for the papers on his desk. He shoves them into a duffel bag. Sehun looks under the bed. He grabs knick knacks and photographs. A few clothes are stuffed into a suitcase. Kyungsoo removes the blanket from his legs. He slipped out. The soft carpet felt strange between his toes. He has nothing to grab. So he offers to help. Chanyeol and Sehun do not respond and continue shoving bags. Kyungsoo stands in the middle of the hustle. Confused. What was outside? Chanyeol says nothing and takes Kyungsoo by the wrist. They follow Sehun out the door in a hurry.

 

Warm grass tickles Kyungsoo’s feet. A gentle breeze rustles the trees. Caresses his face. The sky is a stunning blue. Nearly cloudless. A fat bird flaps above. It has some trouble flying, but manages to a nearby tree. Kyungsoo glances at it before being tugged away. He swore, even for just second, the bird was looking directly at him. Regarding him with curiosity, as he was to the bird. It has a long beak and giant eyes. Short with stubby legs. Kyungsoo shakes his head and continues to run. Chanyeol's grip on his wrist gets tighter as they travel down a dirt path. The trees become taller. Bushes begin to rustle. Eyes gleam between the leaves. Ravenous. Kyungsoo is visibly shaken. He focuses on the road ahead. If he paid no mind to the possibility of creatures in the woods, then they would leave him alone. A purr comes from a bush. Kyungsoo's heart jumps and he moves closer to Chanyeol. They come to a slow jog, exhausted. No matter how much Sehun complains about his legs, Chanyeol stops for nothing. Angry, Sehun becomes a hare. He jumps into Chanyeol’s bags. He curls up for a bumpy ride. There is no time to fuss with Sehun’s stubbornness. From the look on Chanyeol’s face -- his furrowed brows, lips drawn in a tight line -- Kyungsoo knows. Back at the house there is impending doom. A chill runs down his spine. Just keep running, he tells himself. Just keep running.

 

A victorian city comes into view. Its streets are narrow. The city is empty. Windows are closed. Shops look dark. Chanyeol takes a left right as they hit cobblestone. Their feet echo down the quiet streets. Kyungsoo is tired. His lungs burn. His legs are numb. He wants to throw up. But he keeps going. His head pounds. The bandage feels wet. Something rolls down his forehead. It tastes metallic as he it away. Blood. Just a little farther.

 

“Chanyeol, you will kill the boy if you do not stop.” A voice comes from beside them. Chanyeol stops in his tracks. Kyungsoo runs into him. He stumbles back, holding his head. Warmth spreads under his fingers. He rips the bandage off. Blood trickles down. Someone stands next to him and hands him a towel. He presses it to his forehead. It hurts. It stings. There is disinfectant on the cloth. There is a sharp pain. Kyungsoo cries out. Chanyeol does not turn around. His grip tightens on the bags in his hand, knuckles white.

 

“Have you been following us this whole time?” Chanyeol asks through gritted teeth.

 

“Only for a few minutes. That is not the point, Chanyeol. The point is that you are inconsiderate of Alice.” the man replies. He fetches a roll of gauze from his pocket along with a clean cloth. Careful, he takes the towel from Kyungsoo’s hand and replaces it with the clean one. With a delicate touch, he bandages Kyungsoo’s head again. Kyungsoo glances to the stranger. He is clad in a pink suit. It is out of place in the victorian city. What a strange thing to wear, Kyungsoo thinks. He is only slightly taller. He has mouse-brown hair. His cheeks were round, cheekbones high, but his jaw was sharp. He eyes Chanyeol with a sharp gaze, but his eyes are soft. They flick to Kyungsoo. A smile crosses his plump, pink lips.

 

“It is a pleasure, Alice.” The man bows low. Kyungsoo’s eyes go wide. That is when he realizes; the man has a tail. Cat ears come from the top of his head. The man straightens himself. “I am the Cheshire Cat, but I guess you will call me Baekhyun.” Baekhyun winks. “You should feel special, Alice. I only tell a select few my name.” His eyes flick to the side quickly in an odd manner. He his lips.

 

“Can people stop calling me Alice?” Kyungsoo’s voice cracks. His face turns beet red. Baekhyun laughs and pats his shoulder.

 

“I think the White Rabbit chose correctly, eh?” Baekhyun nudges Chanyeol’s back.

 

“Leave. You will only drag us down.” says Chanyeol in a sharp tone. He grabs Kyungsoo’s wrist and starts to walk. Unfazed, Baekhyun follows. Under his breath, he whistles a tune. There is a poof. A cat is now walking along side. Kyungsoo shakes his head. What is this world? Getting used to the residents turning into animals will take a while. Chanyeol’s grip tightens at the transformation. Kyungsoo yanks his hand away in pain. He focuses on the buildings around him. Up ahead a wooden sign swings without a breeze. The title has been scratched away. Only the carving of a mouse’s face is visible. Cakes sit in the window. The door is ajar. Kyungsoo cranes his neck to peek in. It is dark. Chanyeol leads them down the alley next to the shop. They hit a dead end. Chanyeol mutters something under his breath. The bricks fall away to reveal a wooden door. Sehun pokes his nose out of the bag. His ears begin to twitch. He jumps from the bag. Poof. He is a boy once again. A fearful look crosses his face. He looks sickly pale. Chanyeol turns to him.

 

“It is close, Mad Hatter. There is no time.” Sehun trembles. “I can smell it. Chanyeol. We are out of time!”

 

Poof. “I’ll take care of it.” Baekhyun says in a low voice. It sends chills down Kyungsoo’s spine.

 

“No, Mr Cheshire Cat. This one is much too strong for you.” Sehun sniffs. “Do not put yourself in danger. Mad Hatter, open this godforsaken door. Do not stand there like a vegetable!”


Although slightly taken aback by Sehun’s tone, Chanyeol obliges. He reaches into his bag, hand searching for something. Sehun grips the back of the taller man’s shirt. His trembling is becoming uncontrollable. With an “aha!” Chanyeol takes a shiny key from the bag. He shoves it into the lock and opens the door. There are stairs. The ground begins to shake. Sehun is crying. Kyungsoo is frozen with fear. Baekhyun is frantic. Chanyeol is the only calm one. He ushers everyone in. Just as Chanyeol closes the door, Kyungsoo catches a glimpse of something black. It has multiple eyes. It looks straight at him, eyes red. For a moment it stops. The door closes just as it lets out a shriek. Sehun sobs into Baekhyun’s arms. Kyungsoo feels his stomach flip. Whatever it was seemed to look into his soul. He is broken from his trance when Chanyeol nudges him down the stairs. Kyungsoo stumbles after Baekhyun and Sehun. He is unable to shake whatever it was from his head. There was something he felt the moment they made eye contact. Pure fear. Each step he takes it is as though his knees could give away at any second. But he grips a railing to stay upright. For a moment he stops to catch his breath. Chanyeol waits patiently, then keeps him moving, descending into darkness.

 

 

They reach the bottom without tripping. Chanyeol flicks on a light. A room is revealed. It is almost exactly like Chanyeol’s house. A simple bed with metal railings. White sheets. One pillow. To its right, a desk sits against the farthest wall. The chair is newer with a metal body. The desk is empty. A brown door is to the right of the desk. On the wall adjacent to the brown door is a pitch black, metal door. It has a handle like a safe. Caution tape marks it off. When Kyungsoo looks at it, he gets an ominous feeling. What could possibly be hidden behind such a door? Nothing good, that is for sure.

 

“M-Mad Hatter, it is right above us!” Sehun sobs into Chanyeol’s shirt. He clutches his chest and gasps for air. “Make it go away! Make it go away! It hurts!”

 

“Just a little longer, Sehun.” Chanyeol whispers, embracing the young boy.

 

“What is going on? Is Sehun okay? What hurts? Would someone please tell me instead of leaving me in the dark?” Kyungsoo mumbles. He sits on the bed and crosses his arms. The image of the black creature flashes in his mind. He squeezes his eyes tight. What was it? It was horrendous. He clearly sees why Sehun is so afraid of it. But the young boy’s sobs of pain are strange. The creature does not seem to be affecting him, Baekhyun, or Chanyeol. There seems to be a direct link to the two. Sehun’s sobs start to die down. The bed dips. Baekhyun sits next to Kyungsoo, legs stretched out much like a cat.

 

“Pretty hectic for your first day in Wonderland.” Baekhyun yawns.

 

“What was that thing?” asks Kyungsoo. “It had many eyes. It felt like it was looking into my soul.


Baekhyun hummed. “I do not know. No one has been able figure it out. There are many out there. We have learned to defeat them, but few people have wanted to study it. They would always capture the creatures, for its movements are quite lethargic. Never, though, have they been able to keep it for more than a day.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Most commit suicide. Sometimes it will be a homicide. It is the perfect window for the creature to escape. I assume the deaths are caused by those things. Because of this most people do not want to take up the job. So they remain a mystery.” Baekhyun sighs and shakes his head. “Poor Sehun is directly affected, if you could not see that.” He points to Sehun who is fast asleep in Chanyeol’s arm. He is back in hare form and is being rocked gently back and forth. “We do not have a reason as to why, but he is able to detect them. It is pretty unfortunate that it also affects him physically.”

 

Kyungsoo nods. He looks to the black door. Although irrelevant to the conversation, he can not help but be drawn to it. “What is behind that?” Kyungsoo asks, pointing to the door. Baekhyun’s face turns pale. He looks as though he is going to hurl. But he swallows it down. Disgust is evident on his face. He turns away from the door.

 

“I-I do not know, I am sorry. I have never looked behind it, and never want to. Looking at it makes me feel nauseas. Only the Dormouse knows. He, though, will not tell anyone. He is very secretive of his life.” Baekhyun replies in a pained voice. “No matter how much persuading, he will not open it up.”

 

Kyungsoo feels a pull in his stomach. He dismisses it as hunger. But he cannot help but feel as though it is calling out for him. He begins to feel his stomach churn as he stares at it. Black spots appear in his vision. The room becomes shaky. He grips Baekhyun’s arm for help. He hears Baekhyun calling out his name. It sounds far. So far away. Blackness takes over his senses. He hears his name whispered. Both Alice and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun’s voice breaks through the whispering. The room comes back into view. He sees Chanyeol with a white sheet. He is taping it over the door. Kyungsoo is grateful. If he thought the black creature was terrifying, well, the black door was even more so. He is glad there are others in the room.

 

“You okay, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asks. He wraps a blanket around Kyungsoo’s shoulder while Chanyeol hands him a glass of water. Kyungsoo gives a weak nod, but the other two know he is lying. His entire face is white. His lips are pale. Dark circles have appeared under his eyes. It looks as though he had the life out of him. Kyungsoo takes a sip of water. The cool liquid cascades down his throat. It reminds him of the dream he had before waking up in Chanyeol’s house. He was drowning. It seemed almost real. Like a bad memory. He coughs up the water. The taste became salty. Baekhyun and Chanyeol eye him warily.

 

“I’m fine.” Kyungsoo croaks. He hands the glass back to Chanyeol and leans back. His eyelids became heavy. Consciousness slips away.

 

Everything is blue. Kyungsoo inhales water. Not again. He kicks upward, not wasting any time. Last time he nearly died. But something is holding him back. Maybe his foot was just lagging. He keeps kicking. Something foreign brushes his ankle. He looks down. From the dark there is an eye. Then a mouthful of teeth. Something shoots up. It wraps around Kyungsoo’s ankle. Kyungsoo screams. Bubbles float up. It grabs his other foot. He is thrashing wildly now. It pulls him down. Slowly. Slowly. Kyungsoo glances down. The creature’s mouth is open. Razor sharp teeth glint. Kyungsoo screams again. He kicks. To no avail. He is going down. Down. Down. Down.

 

Drenched in sweat, Kyungsoo opens his eyes. The single dimly lit light bulb above him sways gently. There is a slight breeze in the room. Next to him Sehun sleeps soundly, gripping his arm. Carefully he slips his arm from the young boy’s grasp and sits up. Chanyeol and Baekhyun sleep on the ground under a giant comforter. Their backs are turned to each other. A frown is evident on Chanyeol’s features. His brows are furrowed. It adds a few years onto him. Baekhyun is curled into a tight ball. His tail wrapped neatly around him. His cat ears are pressed against his head. Kyungsoo can see he is trembling. A soft mewl escapes Baekhyun’s mouth. Kyungsoo is about to go over to comfort him when he is distracted. Against his own will, he looks at the door. For a second he sees a giant eye from behind the thin white sheet. He screams with pure terror. Sehun shifts beside him. He sits up and rubs his eye.


“Alice, what is wrong?” the Hare asks. Kyungsoo points a shaking finger at the door. He mutters something. Something about drowning. And an eye. Sehun glances over wearily. He sees nothing. “There is nothing there. Please get some rest.” Sehun mumbles, tugging Kyungsoo’s arm. Still shaking, Kyungsoo lays back down. He closes his eyes. Sehun snuggles against his side. His body heat it comforting. Kyungsoo closes his eyes, but only for a moment. He hears his name being whispered again. His eyes shoot open. The way his name is being whispered makes him sick. His heart rate rises. Stop. Stop. Please, stop. Eventually the whispering stops. Although he feels relief, he cannot shake the ominous feeling. He pulls Sehun closer. That night he lay in bed, eyes wide open. There was no sleep for him.


A/n: Sketch done by me. Please do not repost without permission and proper credits. Thanks.