1/1

The Night Is Ours

The Night Is Ours

 

A soft sigh leaves Baekhyun’s lips as he leans back against the backrest of the chair he’s been sitting on for the past hour. He couldn’t actually remember why he’s out with Jongdae and Chanyeol and Kyungsoo when he could have stayed home and get that rest he had been whining about since forever. He could have also stayed home and cuddle up with his precious maknae, who he misses dearly because it’s been hours since he last gets to kiss the boy. Groaning inwardly to himself, Baekhyun struggles to remember why he had tagged along with Jongdae and beats himself when he remembers that he had said yes because Chanyeol promised him bulgogi, which apparently isn’t happening because they’ve been sitting here at some cheap fast food restaurant for at least an hour. He sighs again.

Slipping out his phone from where it’s been hidden in his pocket, Baekhyun goes to the message thread of the conversation he keeps with Sehun, feeling his lips twitch a little with a smile. Chanyeol is busy explaining something Baekhyun couldn’t really understand but it wouldn’t matter because nothing Chanyeol says while he’s speaking like that actually matters. Biting down onto his bottom lip, Baekhyun sends a message at his not-so-secret boyfriend, smiling even wider at Sehun’s quick reply.

Baekie:
sehunniee

sebabe:
baekie hyung

Baekie:
im so bored : (

sebabe:
come home to me hyung ;;

Baekie:
cant : (

sebabe:
but whyyy

Baekie:
make a guess

sebabe:
Chanyeol hyung’s telling a story?

Baekie:
you know him well

sebabe:
tell him
you have to go ;;

Baekie:
no car ride home : (

sebabe:
imy

There’s heat that spread at his cheeks as he reads Sehun’s reply, knowing fully well what it means. Realizing that he’s still out in public with his friends, Baekhyun clears his throat in hopes it would wash away the pink in his cheeks. He laughs along with Jongdae at whatever it is that Chanyeol is saying, nodding and commenting here and there without knowing the whole story. Certain that he won’t get caught, Baekhyun goes back to his phone, smiling already as he types in.

Baekie:
what’s that?

sebabe:
>:(
I miss you

Baekie:
awh bby Hunnie :( I miss you too

sebabe:
then come home : (
we got the whole day today
just you and me hyung ;;
suho hyung will give us the room

Baekie:

can we do it on his bed?

sebabe:
hyung

Baekie:
okay okay
I’ll be home in an hour or two ;;

sebabe:
too long

Baekie:
I miss you

Baekhyun sighs again as he bit at the insides of his cheek, placing his phone on the table without taking his eyes off the screen. He really does miss the younger boy and greatly wishes that he could teleport back to their dorms so he could cuddle up with Sehun – they don’t get off days often for it to be enough and he’s constantly missing Sehun. He’s grateful that their new standing position whenever on stage or in camera has changed and they had moved Sehun next to him; it means he gets to have some private moments with his boyfriend even in public with the fans thinking it’s just pure fan service.

Chanyeol’s laughing as he shakes Kyungsoo’s shoulder, finding his own joke funny with only Jongdae thinking the same. Kyungsoo gives the taller a warning glare to which Chanyeol immediately stops but continues to tell his joke that, for once, Baekhyun doesn’t find funny. His attention is once again back on his phone when the tone for new message is heard, smiling again at Sehun’s reply.

sebabe:
I miss you too my puppy ;;
im making some popcorn for us to eat while we watch a movie later

Baekie:
you’re so precious ;;
I’ll be home really soon

sebabe:
is soon two hours away ;;;

Baekie:
im afraid

sebabe:
okay I’ll be waiting
but don’t get mad if the popcorn is gone when you come back
bc im gonna cuddle Jongin for now

Baekie:
!!!!

sebabe:
ily2

sebabe:
hyung

sebabe:
hyunG?

sebabe:
hyung I was kidding

sebabe:
:( hyung

He’s about to drop his pretence and reply to Sehun when Chanyeol insists that they leave. As they got up from their seats, Baekhyun parts his lips to suggest going home but Jongdae beats him to it, asking Chanyeol if they could go get some shopping done because apparently he’s running out of clothes and Chanyeol just willingly says yes. Baekhyun could see Kyungsoo shaking his head but doesn’t say anything and he would but they also haven’t gotten much time together and Baekhyun genuinely misses this; he just thinks they shouldn’t have spent hours in that fast food restaurant.

Both Chanyeol and Jongdae took another hour just picking out clothes from the first store they stepped in. Baekhyun sighs as he takes a seat on the available chairs with a judging Kyungsoo next to him, once again slipping out his phone to check for any messages. Sehun didn’t leave him any and only then did he remember that he didn’t get to reply. Looking through the conversation again, Baekhyun smiles because he finds it silly yet endearing and he couldn’t actually wait to go home to Sehun.

Baekie:
what are you doing

sebabe:
missing you
thinking about you
wanting you
the usual

Baekhyun blushes, sinking teeth onto his lower lip as he bites back a grin from forming and risking Kyungsoo catching him grinning like an idiot. It's almost scary how much Sehun is able to make him feel and it's scary that he's letting Sehun do all this to him without any hesitation. Patting his own cheek as if it would wipe off the grin on his face, Baekhyun clears his throat as he fidgets in his seat, unable to sit still from how much he longs to go home.

Baekie:
oh is it?
the usual?

sebabe:
mhm :(
i think about you all the time
and i miss you whenever we’re apart
come home ;;;

Baekie:
i promise
as soon as chanyeol and jongdae decide on what to actually buy

sebabe:
okay :(

Baekie:
IM MAD
WE’VE BEEN HERE AN HOUR
AND THEY DIDNT EVEN GET ANYTHING
SKJIJERJLFEPOFJR
can you ask suho hyung if i have the permission to murder?

sebabe:
he says to not leave any evidence
or he’ll have to murder you too
:(
but it’s okay i’ll avenge you hyung

Baekie:
im on it <3
i’ll see you at home rly soon

sebabe:
run

Baekie:
i’ll fly to you bubu

sebabe:
i’ll be waiting : )
my arms are waiting for you
my lips are waiting to kiss yours
my body is ready for you

Baekie:
sehun
please

sebabe:
okay
popcorn is waiting
and the couch misses you
and magic mike seeks your attention

Baekie:
……
we’re not watching magic mike

sebabe:
but channing tatum : (

Baekie:
no

sebabe:
alex pettyfer?

Baekie:
no

sebabe:
no to matt bomer too?

Baekie:
i said nO
we’re watching barbie and the twelve dancing princesses
i’ll let you be the big spoon : )

sebabe:
what
but ive always been the big spoon
and magic mike ;;;

Baekie:
fine
i’ll still let you be the big spoon
i’ll see you at home bubu
ilu

sebabe:
what’s that?

Baekie:
i love you
pabo

sebabe:
:)))
i love you more
like a lot
like so much
i love you so much

Baekie:
stop
i love you mostest.
i’ll see you at home

sebabe:
i’ll argue at home <3

sebabe:
i love you mostest than most
i win

Baekhyun keeps his phone into his back pocket, cheeks hurting from grinning too much even though he’s annoyed at both Chanyeol and Jongdae - the two literally just made a disapproving face at the clothes they had tried out and announced that they want to go home instead. Perhaps they had wanted to go for more, but Kyungsoo says he’s tired and wants to go home and Baekhyun knows to listen to him while he’s telling them nicely. He’s thankful, however, and doesn’t defend himself when Jongdae points out that he’s awfully quiet. Truthfully, Baekhyun is tired from their tight schedule and all he wants to do is sleep and since Sehun’s idea of spending time together is cuddling, Baekhyun finds he prefers that a lot more.

The ride back home is filled with Chanyeol’s and Jongdae’s lame jokes and Kyungsoo’s occasional laughter with Baekhyun joining in here and there. It’s way past dinner when they finally reached their dorms and Chanyeol is already yawning, mumbling something about crashing in already with Jongdae asking if he could join Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun ignores in favor of heading towards the living room, where he is soon met with the sight of Sehun lounging on the couch, Magic Mike playing on the TV screen.

“You didn’t wait for me,” Baekhyun comments, faking a pout as he watches Sehun turns his head, the younger’s lips stretching into a wide smile and eyes turning into crescents. Sehun opens his arms in an invitation and Baekhyun grins as he drops himself onto the couch next to Sehun, quickly engulfed in the taller’s arms as his own wrap around Sehun’s waist. He sighs in content, taking a moment to nose along Sehun’s neck and breathe in his scent.

As Baekhyun tightens his hold around Sehun, the younger chuckles and kisses into Baekhyun’s hair, placing another peck on the older’s forehead. “You said you didn’t want to watch?”

Something within Baekhyun flutters as he tilts his head back and Sehun leans down to kiss his lips, parted slight in an open-mouthed kiss as they each savors each other’s taste. Sehun tastes like the sweet caramel of the popcorn Baekhyun knew he was eating, a hand slipping underneath Sehun’s shirt to trace patterns onto the skin of his toned stomach, something Sehun is used to whenever they aren’t out in public. Sehun kisses him once again, a soft peck that makes him smile even wider. He leans in for another peck and Sehun chuckles as he kisses right back, the arm around Baekhyun’s waist squeezing a little as he pulls the older closer.

“I missed you,” Baekhyun whispers, resting his head on the taller’s chest as his fingers continue to skitter along Sehun’s stomach, smiling as he feels the younger’s lips on the crown of his head. He looks up at Sehun to flash him a pout that the taller kisses, faking a frown as he pulls back to stop Sehun from kissing him again. Sehun only returns his frown, head leaning in to kiss Baekhyun again until the older presses two of his fingers to Sehun’s lips. Sehun’s frown deepened, his own lips forming a similar pout. Baekhyun huffs, “Did you and Jongin-”

Sehun blinks once, twice, before he throws his head back and laughs, shaking his head as he bumps his nose to Baekhyun’s, a hand cupping the side of Baekhyun’s face. “Did you really believe that? Of course I didn’t, hyung. Jongin was sleeping the whole day. I wouldn’t want to cuddle with him anyway. You’re adorable when you’re jealous.”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes in feigned annoyance, but the smile still lingers on his lips and he steals a peck onto Sehun’s before he rests his head on the younger’s chest again. He reaches out across his boyfriend to grab at the bowl of popcorn, hugging it to his chest and releasing his arm that was around Sehun’s waist so he could have a mouthful of the popcorn. Sehun keeps his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, occasionally kissing the older’s fringe-covered temple.

An hour later finds them still on the couch, Magic Mike’s credits rolling on the TV screen. Baekhyun runs his fingers through Sehun’s black hair; the younger male having laid his head on Baekhyun’s lap, fingers laced with Baekhyun’s free ones and occasionally kissing the older’s knuckles. Baekhyun notices that Sehun’s eyelids are growing heavier, half-lidded and making it look as though he was asleep if not for the way he keeps kissing Baekhyun’s fingers. He leans down to place a kiss onto Sehun’s forehead, smiling as he studies the younger’s features. When Sehun looks up at him, there’s a sleepy smile on his lips.

“Hyung, do we really have to go for that photoshoot tomorrow? And the fansign after? And the performance after that?” Sehun asks softly, smiling still as he gazes up at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun chuckles but there’s a weight that rests on his chest, lifting their clasped hands to kiss Sehun’s knuckles this time. “You know we do. It’s okay, though, bubu. We’ll get time to rest after that. We’re less busy the day after tomorrow so we’ll get at least eight hours of sleep.”

Sehun groans, shifting so he faces Baekhyun’s stomach, burying his face there. “No, I don’t care about how much sleep I get tomorrow. It’s just - I’m really sleepy right now but I want more time with you. I wish we don’t have to do all that tomorrow so we could cuddle the whole day. I want to watch more movies or just lay in bed and kiss you and hold you and all that stuff I’m sure you know what I mean, right? I know you know what I mean-”

The older had to bite back a chuckle at the way Sehun’s speech is slurring from exhaustion, babbling most of what he says. He sighs and continues to lightly massage Sehun’s scalp, certain from how Sehun’s breathing had slowed down that the younger is drifting off. “I know what you mean, Sehunnie. We’ll get the time, I’m sure. Now let me bring you to the room, okay?”

As he shifts, Sehun begrudgingly gets off his lap and stands up, shoulders slumping as he drags his feet towards the room he shares with Joonmyeon. Baekhyun keeps his smile as he turns off the TV, tailing after the maknae into the room. Joonmyeon is already softly snoring on his bed on the other side of the room and after tucking Sehun under the blanket, Baekhyun kisses him once on the lips. He’s about to walk away to head to sleep in the living room when Sehun stops him by the wrist, eyes closed even as he speaks. “Do you really need me to ask you to stay?”

Baekhyun doesn’t answer, smiling a little wider as Sehun scoots further to the other side of the bed and he joins the maknae under the blanket. It’s a tight fit but they’re both used to it. Baekhyun sighs in content as he lifts his head enough to let Sehun’s arm slip under, getting comfortable and closing his eyes as Sehun’s other arm drape around his waist. He doesn’t know how long he was awake, and he doesn’t turn to see when Sehun’s arm retracted. He only startles a little when his phone buzzed in his pocket, slipping it out to see that it was a message from Sehun. Baekhyun’s lips stretched into a smile but he doesn’t turn to face Sehun.

sebabe:
you’re the straw to my berry

Recognizing the song immediately, Baekhyun almost giggles as he replies.

Baekie:
you’re the smoke to my high

sebabe:
and you’re the one i wanna marry

Baekhyun’s thumb hovered above the keypad as the words sink into his head. He parts his lips to verbally ask Sehun what it means but finds that it’s unnecessary. His heart is racing against his chest and he’s giddy but he doesn’t want to misinterpret. Biting down onto his bottom lip, Baekhyun pauses before he finally replies.

Baekie:
what’s that?

sebabe:
someday : )
when we are free
like truly free
free of schedules
and concerts and albums
and everything else

Baekie:
…..

sebabe:
will you marry me?

He couldn’t help the squeal that leaves his lips but honestly, he thinks no one could really blame him. Sitting up on the bed, Baekhyun pulls Sehun up with him and attacks the boy with kisses all over his face; his mouth, his nose, his eyelids, his forehead. Sehun’s tired but he’s chuckling anyway, as quietly as he could because Joonmyeon is sleeping but Baekhyun doesn’t really care. It may not happen next year, or the year after that or maybe five years from now, but the thought that Sehun wants to marry him sounds delightful and Baekhyun doesn’t believe there is anyone happier than he is at the moment.

He lets Sehun go back to sleep, and it’s three in the morning by the time he realizes that he’s been reading Sehun’s message over and over again without actually replying. His cheeks hurt from grinning and his fingers are shaking, he could have sworn there are tears in his eyes.

Baekie:
yes yes yes
a million times yes
yes i wanna marry you
even if we’re fifty by the time exo’s time comes to an end
i will marry you

 

He’s done his set for the photoshoot when he receives Sehun’s message, lips immediately forming a grin.

sebabe:
you look so fine today, mr. byun
or should i say
mr. oh? ;)

When he squeals, Chanyeol catches him and he’s bullied into telling the giant everything.

(but no really he would have anyway because Chanyeol knows everything).


 

 A/N: it was supposed to be a drabble but it's 2.8k?