Letters

Ten Years(Rewrite)

Soft, warming sun hitting against the two lying down in the lavender field. 
"I have to leave, I'm sorry." Jongin turned to the anxious boy, who now started fidgetting.
"Please don't go, stay with me, Jongin." Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin with his doe like eyes which were soon full of tears, slowly dripping to his cheeks. "Kyungsoo justBeep Beep Beep."

"," He muttered while slamming his hand down on the clock, eyes swollen and red from crying himself to sleep the night before. Kyungsoo limped over to his calender "January 14th" was circled multiple times in a bright shade of red. That special date clicked in Kyungsoo's head, Jongin, he thought, running over to his desk and began to write.

      "Dear Jongin, 

 Since you've been gone Chanyeol and I have gotten closer, and I have also became better at singing. Remember when we would go to the PC방 and play Starcraft all day long? Sometimes reminisce the memories of you being here in Korea."

"Why can't I be good at writing?" 
Kyungsoo thought while crumpling the paper. He slipped out of his room and into the kitchen, shuffling around cabinet to cabinet, frantically making coffee. Which was absolutely breathtaking, a wonderful Kilimanjaro blend with a splash of milk, bliss in each sip. 


Jongin was lingering through Kyungsoo's mind. His face, his beautiful skin, his eyes, his dancing, the way the light hit oh-so-perfectly on his cheeks. Kyungsoo remembered every single small detail about him, but how couldn't he? His first love, his best friend, Jongin was it all. Memories of his prescence flooding through his mind, tears about to flow. Even the tanned moleskin paper he was writing on, it all reminded him.



       "Dear Jongin,
You never failed to make me smile, you were the best a person could be. You were like an angel sent from the heavens who came down to save me-"
"Too cheesy." Kyungsoo thought
"Why don't I go out for a walk?" 

Strolling around Seoul, Kyungsoo found the familiar place of his teenage life. 
The club
Kyungsoo came here often and his stage name was "D.O" he always had a passion for singing whilst Jongin loved dancing, they were the unstoppable duo. 

Flashback

"If you ever become famous Kyungsoo, don't forget me."
"If I were ever famous, Jongin, it'd be because of my awesome partner." 
They giggled and punched each other playfully. 

"...And our final performance from a returning member, D.O!" The MC shouted.
Snapping Kyungsoo back to reality when he heard the crowd, slipping a fake smile and sang
"Lying beside you 

Here in the dark
Feeling your heartbeat with mine
Softly you whisper
You're so sincere
How could our love be so blind
We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are 
By my side..."

Bursting into tears, running off stage. 
Running and running, wanting to be back in the comfort of his apartment. 
Kyungsoo quickly sat back at his desk and wrote, before it was too late. 

       "Dear Jongin,
I miss when I could talk to you everyday 24/7 and not have to worry about one thing. You made me laugh and smile whenever I was down. Now I'm just a big ball of depression. When are you coming back? Please reply so-" Kyungsoo crumpled the paper, chuckling to himself.
He couldn't believe it'd already been 10 years, it felt like just yesterday he cried while seeing Jongin aboard the plane that separated the two.

       "Dear Jongin,
How shall I confess my love for thou today? Trying to explain my love for you is like explaining how water tastes; utterly impossible. I hope you know you never fail to make my Metapod harden-" Kyungsoo immediately threw the paper in the wastebin, thinking ,"Maybe, a song quote?"
 

      "Dear Jongin,
I who has fallen in love with no other place to 
Go back, my wings have been taken away 
Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness
You are my eternity eternally love" 


Tears were falling, quicker than ever.
Screams of pain and agony were made.
He picked up another piece of paper, his last chance.

     

      "Dear Jongin,
Why do you never reply? Why do you never send anything back? It's been 10 years Jongin,
10 god damn years to ing reply. Why Jongin, why?
10 years since you've been away
10 years since we've seen each other
10 years since I last heard your voice"


"Oh, that's right.
I'm missing something
10 years since your death
10 years since that plane had crashed, and your body never to be found," 
Choking back a tear,
"Maybe if I stopped you, you'd be alive and still with me, my darling."
Unable to hold in the pain of his love's death anymore, Kyungsoo forcefully opened the drawer in his kitchen.

"If I only see you in my dreams,
I want to dream forever
we can be together forever now." The words softly whispered

Kyungsoo opened the bottle of sleeping pills
"I love you Jongin."
He was a sobbing mess
"I never forgot."
Shoving dozens into his mouth
"No one will know of my death"
Last words slipping out
"Happy birthday, my love"
Falling to the cold hard tiles of the kitchen, 
reality hitting him. Regrets were made, thinking he should have lived on for Jongin. 
With the pills slowly kicking in, set for his tragic death alone, with his last thought,
"If I cannot be with you now, no one can."
Kyungsoo, now with his prince charming, has also too fallen into his forever sleep.
But, a true love's kiss cannot awaken him now.