Trainee Days 1

Number Two

Dear Diary,

It was the one-year anniversary of my training at the Academy. Through this year, I had met several new friends, including girls Jessica Jung and Hyoyeon Kim. Today, we got a new trainee. When I saw her, I thought I saw an angel.

"Anyunghaseyo!" the angel bowed. Her eyes were big and round, and she had long neck. Her appearance resembled a deer's. "I'm Im Yoona, please treat me well." At that moment, Yoona glanced over at me and gave me a big, toothy grin. 

"Welcome, Yoona," our instructor, Leena said. "Please join the girls over there." She pointed to me, Sica, and another girl named Boram. The new trainee bounced over and if she was nervous, she did not show it one bit.

"I'm Im Yoona," she introduced her to us again.

"Ara," Sica sniffed. "I know." 

"Boram imnida," smiled Boram. "I'm Boram. Nice to meet you. This is Sica, she's from America. Oh, and this is Yuri. Welcome to our vocals class." 

I remained silent, overwhelmed with this young girl's beauty. At the Academy I was used to seeing beautiful trainees come and go, but for some reason this angelic deer-like child stood out the most. 

"Let's see what you got," said Sica in her thick-American accent. "Kaja. Saemnim, turn on some music please." Leena nodded and an American song, Come on Over by Christina Aguilera. 

Slightly awkwardly, all limbs and arms, Yoona bounced her way through the song. Sica smirked, and Boram hid her face in her hands. 

Leena sighed. "Yah, trainee... you said you were accepted for dance?" she scoffed. "Yuri... show her how it's done."

(LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE UR READING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEF_-IcnQC4)

"Try Again" by Aaliyah blasted through the stereo. Though I had only heard this song once or twice, my body knew exactly what to do. Using non-existent hips, I rolled and paced my body through the movements. I popped and locked, and my body did what it wanted. My body grew hot, knowing the next big thing was watching me as I danced--Im Yoona. She, possibly the world's newest biggest star, known for her charm and looks, was watching me dance now--supposed to be learning from me now. 

Now that I look back, I should've remembered that moment better. I should've kept it tucked in my heart. I was the one who first inspired and taught Im Yoona to dance. Me. She's the person she is today, because of me.