Secrets

The Walls

"Kai-oppa!"

"Kai-oppa, I love you!"

"Kai-oppa, would you sign this?"

"Kai-oppa, can we take a picture?"

 

 

He had heard his name more than enough times everyday. He had to put on a smile and endure the squeals of endless fangirls.

 

He loves his fans, but lately he's been feeling a bit stressed out.

Kyungsoo has fallen ill.

At the end of each day, he was at Kyungsoo's side, grasping his hand gingerly, every now and then hearing Kyungsoo call out for him. He'd run his fingers through his hair and say:

"Yes, hyung? It's okay, I'm here."

Kyungsoo would stir and sometimes wake, long enough to tell Jongin his dreams that sometimes contained him. He would slip in and out of consciousness, leaving Jongin in tears on the inside. He didn't wish to see his lover this way. He wanted to see him mind-bogglingly happy like he usually was, or overflowing with pleasure like he was when they made love; his features contorting from the intense, blissful state Jongin put him in, marking Jongin's back with his nails and whispering over and over into his ear that he loves him, that no one else could make him feel the way Jongin did.

    One night after practice was especially memorable. Jongin didn't even go home to shower or change his clothes, he went straight to the hospital and sat next to Kyungsoo, begging to himself for him to wake. He sat there for hours, and all he could do was watch Kyungsoo's chest rise and fall in his frail breathing patterns.

Eventually he had fallen asleep with his head on Kyungsoo's bed, still clutching his hand. He had a rather pleasant dream about the two of them which was for anyone's eyes. But, he could talk with Kyungsoo about it, and Kyungsoo would do anything he could to make that dream come true.

     Kyungsoo made him happy, and Jongin did everything in his power to make sure that Kyungsoo was never sad around him, that he felt beautiful. That was all that mattered to him.

     "in..."

     Jongin started to pull his eyes open, hearing the small voice.

     "J-Jongin..." It spoke again.

     His hand was pulled slightly, trying to wake him up more effectively. Jongin remembered that he was holding Kyungsoo's hand, so he bolted up and his eyes met his hyung's big chocolate eyes he loves so much. A soft, heart-warming smile covered his lips.

     "Hey," he cleared his throat, "how're you feeling? Any better?"

     Kyungsoo smiled with what energy he had and nodded. "Could be worse..." He took in a deep breath, which was a small breath for anyone who wasn't as delicate as he was, "Did you just come from practice?"

     Jongin nodded.

     "You smell like sweat...you should've went home and taken a shower...doesn't it bother you that you're just laying in your own sweat?"

     Jongin caressed his elder's face. "Not at all. All that matters to me is if you're alright."

     The pouty lipped elder blushed at this. "H-hey, don't say things like that here."

    "Why not?" Jongin tilted his head.

     "I don't want anyone to know about what’s mine."

    "Kyung..." Jongin looked around the room, "There's nobody in here," He leaned in to kiss Kyungsoo, but was pushed away by him.

     "These walls," Kyungsoo said, motioning to them, "They hold everyone's secrets, and it's just a matter of time before one of them pops out. I don't want it to be ours," he cradled Jongin's cheek, "You're mine and no one else’s. Nobody can take you away because they'll lose their eyes."

     Jongin just sat there, dumbfounded.

     Since they were in the moment, he leaned in again, but he wasn’t pushed away. Kyungsoo let Jongin kiss him tenderly, still caressing the side of his face and hooking his fingers behind his ears with his other free hand.

     It was a long kiss, and they both felt it in their stomachs; the butterflies swarming.

     Kyungsoo sat up a bit and wrapped his small arms around the younger boy's neck, squeezing barely. As he did this, Jongin deepened the kiss.

     When Jongin pulled away, they both stared at each other, nose to nose, out of breath. They were completely lost in each other's glances.

     After a minute, Kyungsoo froze. Jongin noticed his expression and turned around to see the rest of EXO standing at the door, with balloons and flowers for Kyungsoo.

     He looked back to Kyungsoo, to make sure it was real. When he looekd back to the others staring them down, he gulped and rasped out.

"W-Why didn't you say anything?" Jongin stuttered, red-faced.

     Luhan stepped forward and smiled.

     "The walls told us not to."