001.

Last Wish

    Both of them met in college. Normal students who went to school regularly and studied. They chose not to encounter each other, since one had a higher popularity than the other. They were never into one another, avoiding each other’s movements and walking different paths. The thing is they both live in the same dorm, not surprising right? There would be no conversations between them, they come and go, get whatever they want and left to their bedrooms. They didn’t mind it because they didn’t care for each other, they’re simply “classmates” as what they would call it.

 

    Byun Baekhyun, the first to apply for the dorm room, was annoyed by Park Chanyeol, the other person who lived with him. Park Chanyeol is a player, still is one as well. He never knew what “love” is to be exact from what the older had seen and researched about. He only cared for himself and his satisfaction, or pleasures. Baekhyun would always wake up in the middle of the room, hitting the constant banging of the room as he “mated” with the woman who was just screaming in his name. The older was greatly annoyed by it, but he tried to be kind about it and slept it off with earplugs in his ears.

 

    Chanyeol was popular, Baekhyun was not. Of course, the older student was irritated by it, but he doesn’t comment or complain about it. He wished peace in between the two and not create a riot in the dorm room as well. The thing is whenever Baekhyun invite friends over, they were eventually shooed away. Why you ask? Because Mr. Park Chanyeol wants privacy in the dorm and tell them to go get drunk at a bar. The player didn’t care about the older student any less as he does about the emotions of a girl who just banged last night. That was one of the things that Baekhyun hated about the younger student, he’s a selfish bastard who only lusts for and doesn’t even study properly sometimes. Baekhyun would always be forced to tutor the boy and he would get migraines from it as well. Mostly because Chanyeol rambles on about how college and he’s only here for the s that he s every night.

 

    Surprisingly, the player never got STDs from this. Baekhyun obviously claps for the man whenever the older finds an opened lying around on the kitchen floor. “You’re actually using protection!” he would yell excitedly with sarcasm in his voice as he picked up the used and threw it at the younger man’s face. Chanyeol wasn’t impressed when the smarter individual threw a used at his face, actually he was never amused or impressed by his roommate anyway. That was usually the one thing that they would say to each other and never try to communicate ever again.

 

    As much as they avoided each other at the dorm and on the school campus, Chanyeol was slightly interested in Baekhyun. No, not in a ual or romantic way, simply interested in wanting to know the male more. The smarter one completely refuses, backing away whenever the player would try to reach over to him. Baekhyun didn’t want to be apart of the man’s life, but Chanyeol wanted to talk to the older and simply “make” a conversation beside finding used condoms on the floor and deciding who will make breakfast, dinner, and lunch. Baekhyun seems to have mistaken Chanyeol for some nasty man who gets into a relationship every week and break up with the woman after a day of her. The player didn't mind because he knew that's how he is, but he didn't know how to stop himself from doing it.

 

Exams and finals were coming in close for the both of them. Luckily, Chanyeol stopped his dating and banging business and is actually studying for the upcoming exams and finals. The older was slightly proud, but not that much since he was still bringing friends to the dorm and drinking until daylight. He wasn't sure if he should even dislike the man anymore because he got better in his studies and is actually paying attention to college for once and not having with some woman he met at a dance club. He wanted to applaud the man, but he'll act too weak and the player would eventually start talking to the older and constantly (he saw it happened to his friend before). So he decided to just ignore it, simply move on and enjoy the peace before it ends.

 

The finals went by quick and the peace wasn't that bad. Baekhyun managed to slip some friends into the dorm without Chanyeol knowing and they did their usual stuff of playing video games and toying around. The man ended up finding out and punished Baekhyun by drinking a mixture of expired and other foods together in a blender. That gave the older an ache in the stomach, but he didn't get food poisoning which was grateful to Chanyeol. He didn't want to take Baekhyun to the hospital and neither does the older.

 

They continued to not talk after the finals happened and such, plus there was only one week of college left before the summer starts. Baekhyun was happy, able to visit places that he wasn't able to during college and away from Mr. I--You-Then-I-Dump-You. The older didn't give a care at the slightest for the younger so he didn't ask if the younger had any plans during the summer. Baekhyun may not care, but Chanyeol did, he wanted to spend time with his roommate. Whenever the taller tried to talk to the shorter, he'll brush him away by an insult and walk to his bedroom with a slam of the door. Chanyeol wasn't exactly impressed or amused by it, but it was better than getting pushed like what he usually does when Chanyeol asked him for help in something (which is everything though).

 

Chanyeol was starting to get bored of women, so he started stalking the older, kind of. He'll try to sneak into his bedroom and see if there's anything interesting about it. Maybe find some magazine that Baekhyun secretly es to, but the boy was a good one and didn't have any things in his bedroom unlike Chanyeol. He would always scoff at the many textbooks that sat on his desk and wonder why Baekhyun haven't returned books yet. He figured that he had summer school or something, not amused or impressed either. Seeing that there was really nothing that’s entertaining in his room, he stopped going inside the bedroom after briefly looking through the it.

 

A few days after, Chanyeol decided to come back inside the empty bedroom. Baekhyun was gone and it was perfectly safe, hopefully. The door was left opened, not sure why but it just was. The student slowly stepped inside the room, feeling the slight breeze of the crack of the window. The quietness was overwhelming, Baekhyun’s room was usually loud since school is out and he just jams to loud pop music for no reason (maybe because nobody is in the dorm to shut him up). His laptop was left , just sitting on his desk like a thrown book. Chanyeol was surprised, he always turns off his laptop after using it and has tight-locked password that is impossible to figure out (he had tried many times and the attempts never work). His eyes lit with excitement, completely nosey on what has Baekhyun have in stored.

 

He sat there, staring blankly at the screen which was a picture of some girl group that he doesn’t care about right now. His hand reached over to the trackpad, just daring to slide to his browser history. “Byun Baekhyun, you are going to be exposed..” was the first thing he mumbled about, eyes narrowing as he clicked on Google Chrome. He was just about to click that history tab, just about to, until he heard the silent murmurs of his roommate. The door was slammed to the wall with a loud bang that made him flinch in shock then he just froze in place, eye twitching as the footsteps got louder and louder. “Park Chanyeol, Mr. Player-Of-The-Year, why the are you in my room?” The male simply blinked, hands not removing from the trackpad. He slowly turned his head, glancing at the glaring student as he gazed upon him. “Answer,” he spoke again, throat already turning dry from irritation and anger of the man. “Uh, nothing.” he quickly ran out of the room, shoving the shorter boy to the floor and into his room with a lock.

 

“Typical piece of , I’m ing him up later.” Baekhyun mumbled with a dark scowl, sitting down on the chair and looking at the history tab which was an empty section of nothing. Even if Baekhyun seemed disorganized for a second there, he knew that the man would pop up in his bedroom and search through his history like a rascal he is. He clicked out of the browser and shutted down his laptop properly, closing it right after. A sigh left his lips, eyeing the bedroom door that was across from his, then a shake of disappointment. That ‘piece of ’ made him drink expired smoothie and this is what he does next. He’s starting to regret living with this man now.

 

A few weeks went by, it was already a month into summer. Chanyeol was still bored of girls and Baekhyun was still annoyed by Chanyeol because of that incident, same stuff each month honestly. Each week became more hectic for the older, giggling girls was the only thing he could hear from the living room. Why were there giggling girls? Because boy Chanyeol likes to do more than one girl, plus he was getting bored of women and he’s ually frustrated. Baekhyun didn’t care because he got used to it and he just shuts himself inside with a microwave that he stole from the kitchen and a box of ramen that sat in the corner of his room. Chanyeol would sometimes knock on his door to tell him to come out because he had leftovers and he can’t finish them, but Baekhyun ignores him and flips him off even though there’s a door in between them.
 

Eventually, the boy came out of his room, well crawled out of it. He had no more ramen and he needed real food desperately. Chanyeol found his crawling out of his room and picked him up with an arm. Baekhyun was skinny as and looked like a ing ghost/demon. Baekhyun failed to remove himself out of his grip so he just let him take him wherever he’s planning to go. He threw the skinny boy into the passenger’s seat which internally hurt him, but Chanyeol didn’t give a . The other got into the driver’s side and drove off. Baekhyun couldn’t make out anything, he was legit wheezing from hunger and he literally just want to eat the carseat right now.

 

The drive was silent, Baekhyun simply stared out the window and Chanyeol focused on the road. Baekhyun didn’t bother questioning where they’re going, unless he’s taking him to some strip club which is likely impossible because both of them were in dorm clothing, not the exact thing to wear in Baekhyun’s opinion. Chanyeol tried to put his arm around Baekhyun, but the older slap his hand away and told him to focus on the road or they’ll both die. That left a scowl on Chanyeol’s face and he did obey his command like a good kid he is, kind of. The car finally stopped and Chanyeol roughly pulled Baekhyun out of the car, then dragged him to the place.

 

Chanyeol propped Baekhyun on a chair at some table. The skinner male glanced around, hearing the distant voices of people and he noticed that they’re at a restaurant. They’re at a restaurant. He blinked, glancing over at the person who is sitting in front of him with an open mouth. “Yah- you little , why did you take me to a restaurant. You barely have enough money to buy a ing .” He scolded, slamming his hands on the clothed table. People around them looked over to them, eyeing them weirdly. Chanyeol apologized to the other people who returned to their dinner after, then he looked over at the shorter boy who was awfully mad at him for no reason. “Shut up, you look like a dog chewed you out. I felt bad so I took you here- plus I saved money, ka-” Baekhyun interrupted him, having a deeper scowl than he did in the beginning. “Saved money for what? To laugh at how stupid I look at eating? Didn’t we already discuss that we’re not going to cross in each other’s life-” “Can you ing shut up and be quiet? You’re embarrassing me-” “I rather embarrass you than go all lovey-dovey on you just because you saved money to fill my stomach up.” “This is for all the money that I borrowed from you, so shut the up.”

 

Baekhyun just kept quiet, scoffing at the other. Not a surprise honestly, but was that really Chanyeol’s true reason? He wasn’t sure himself, but he’s getting free food so whatever. Chanyeol quickly ordered food and Baekhyun just sat there like an idiot and tried to distract himself by fiddling with the table cloth. He felt slightly embarrassed from his uproar, but the boy deserved it, basically from all the things that he had done which annoyed the living out of him. Chanyeol gazed at him, just dark pupils staring at his soul. It gave the boy shivers and he tried his best to avoid it. He was still overly suspicious of why he’s being so nice to Baekhyun. After all, he did walk on him in his bedroom and he had to apologize to Baekhyun 60 times so he wouldn’t tell the whole school that he was ing the woman who is titled the ‘ of the year’. He kept thinking about it, just narrowing his eyes at the other as he poured suspicions on him. Chanyeol noticed the other’s doubts and only smirked at it, Baekhyun noticed the smirk and threw a fork at his face (it didn’t hit him in the eye though unfortunately).

 

The food came and they ate in silence. Baekhyun’s appetite was huge and he eventually ate Chanyeol’s leftovers which Chanyeol found was cute but he didn’t say anything about it. Baekhyun avoided his eye contact and that made Chanyeol disappointed since he paid for all of the food and haven’t received a thanks yet. He knew Baekhyun is nice and would be all happy and dolly to him, that didn’t happen either. It left a frown on Chanyeol’s face and Baekhyun saw it, he decided to ignore it and shrug it off. He got his free food and is satisfied with it, what else did Chanyeol want from him? As Baekhyun was about to get up from the chair, Chanyeol told him to stop and sit, plus he can’t take the bus home either since he didn’t have money to. Baekhyun scowled and sat down, sending cold stares at him.

 

They sat there in silence, inserting more awkwardness as each of them would move or cough. A few of the waiters there questioned why they’re still there when their table was completely emptied and cleaned from dishes and etc., but they shrugged it off and went to another guest. Chanyeol opened his mouth first, but then closed it right after. The atmosphere got more awkward and awkward, then Chanyeol finally spoke. He lifted one finger and pressed onto the table and stared up at him. “Date me.”