Chapter 5.

Burning

Taekwoon didn't know what to do.

Not only did they want him to tutor the two boys, they asked him to have lunch with them.

When they asked him to tutor him, Taekwoon was speechless for a bit. He wanted to say no but he just could bring himself to say it because the silvered headed boy had a look in his eyes that begged him not to.

He hesitantly agreed to tutor them.

This made the silvered haired boy smile, the sight was adorable. It made Taekwoon happy (on the inside) to do something nice for them.

Then Taekwoon realized what he had just done. He was suppose to have people stay away from him for their own safety, now there are two lives in possible danger. Taekwoon mentally kicked himself for accepting the offer.

They told him to meet them at their lunch table to discuss schedule which made Taekwoon even more nervous. He needed to spend the least amount of time with them, making friends is the last thing he needed to do. He was so nervous, he couldn't speak so he simply nodded in agreement.

Avoiding people had just become the hardest thing Taekwoon could do.


When lunch came, Taekwoon went to the lunchroom. He felt very jittery because he was both nervous and excited at the same time. For the first time in a long time, he didn't sit by himself during lunch and watch the other kids enjoy themselves. At the same time, Taekwoon wanted to make sure this was the only time he would ever sit with other people, for their own safety.

"Hey." said the silvered headed boy popping out of nowhere. Wonshik was nowhere in sight so it was just him. "Our table is this way."

Taekwoon didn't wanted to ask where the other boy was so he simply nodded and followed the him to their table. It was awkwardly silent between them on the way to the table until the silver haired boy decided to speak.

"I don't think we've had a proper introduction. I'm Cha Hakyeon and my friend is Kim Wonshik. You don't have to introduce yourself obviously."

"Hello." Taekwoon said, trying to seal the name into his head.

When they approached the table, there were three other boys already there to greet them.

"Guys, this is Taekwoon. He will be tutoring Wonshik and I." Hakyeon announced. Then he leaned over and whispered "What's your full name?"

"Jung Taekwoon." he responded quietly.

"Jung Taekwoon!" Hakyeon said loudly.

"Hello! my name is Ken!" a brown haired boy said gleefully. Another boy shot Ken a look.

"I apologize for him, his real name his Lee Jaehwan said the boy with yellowish-blond hair. "My name is Lee Hongbin, nice to meet you." He smiled, showing his visible dimples.

"And my name is SangHyuk. Please take care of me!" said the platinum blond haired boy. He said it with such an adorable charm, Takewoon couldn't resist smiling.

"Where's Wonshik?" Hongbin asked, turning to Hakyeon.

Before Hakyeon could answer, Wonshik appeared behind him and seemed to be out of breath. "S-sorry." he said. "I was rushing to get here but I bumped into Minhyuk.

Hyuk's eyes filled with worry. "Did he do anything this time?"

Wonshik looked down. "I caught him trying to open your locker Hyukkie. I think he was trying to fill it with something." he said. "I had to threaten him to quit it."

Hyuk frowned. "Why does he keep picking on me?"

"Because he's a lowlife bully who wants attention." said Hakyeon.

Taekwoon didn't want to in but his curiosity got the best of him. "Who's Minhyuk?" he asked quietly.

 

All the heads turned to Taekwoon.

"Minhyuk is a bully who likes to pick on younger kids like Hyukkie here." Hakyeon explained. "He doesn't beat anyone up, he just pulls horrible pranks for fun."

"I feel like one of these days, Minhyuk is actually going to beat someone up." Jaehwan said.

"Which is why we're here to protect Hyukkie." Hongbin said, pinching Hyuk's cheek.

"Owww" Hyuk whined. "Why do you do this to me?"

"Because you're adorable." said Hakyeon, smiling.

Taekwoon stared at Hyuk. He didn't look worried at all about this. He is a victim of bullying, yet he still smiles because he knows his friends are there to protect him both physically and emotionally. Taekwoon knew they wouldn't be able to do that to him, they would want to leave him if he told them the truth.


Author's note: Funny story, I actually wrote this chapter 3 days ago but I was typing it in notes on my phone with one finger. Somehow, I managed to highlight the entire text and delete it. I was so angry that I couldn't rewrite the chapter until today so I apologize for making you guys wait a little more than usual.

Thank you for subscribing to this story!<3