Final

Beautiful Now

Forever.

The word that is overly used by a lot of people, whether it’s for two people loving each other, best friend, a group of people, or family. The word that is meant to be broken, a word that is leaving people in pain, leaving their hopes scattered to the ground.

Yet, people still use it every time.

Joohyun doesn’t believe in forever. For her, the word ‘forever’ doesn’t exist, only a sweet nothing that leaves you disappointed.

Joohyun only believes in the word ‘now’, a realistic word that people hate, people despise. A lot of people don’t appreciate what they have right now, a lot of people hate it. But it’s just a harsh reality for them, and Joohyun prefers that, rather than a beautiful lie called ‘forever’ where she will get hurt eventually.

People will not get disappointed if they don’t get their expectation high.

There is no such a thing as happily ever after, no such a thing as forever.

It’s just a fantasy, a mere illusion.

People will die, leaving other people in pain. A lot of relationships will be broken, whether it’s a relationship of love or friendship. It will only leave you in vain, a word that will only hurt you in the end.

People say her relationship with Seunghwan is disgusting, because they are both girls.

People say they will break up soon.

People say their relationship will not last long.

People say there is no forever for a couple like them.

But Joohyun doesn’t need it, she doesn’t need forever. She doesn’t need to know what future will bring to them. She doesn’t need all of those fancy words.

Does it matter if people go against their decision?

Does it matter if they can’t last forever?

Does it matter if they can’t be happy forever?

Does it matter if something will end?

Does it matter?

For Joohyun, no. It does not matter.

Because everything, everything will come to an end. People refuse to believe in that harsh reality because they are afraid.

That’s why they use the word forever, to prevent themselves from getting hurt, to prevent themselves from the unpredictable future ahead them.

But no matter how hard they try to avoid it, no matter how hard they try to keep it away, it will still hurt them.

Because forever is just a beautiful lie.

People are against her relationship with Seunghwan. Her parents give her the cold shoulders, people are talking about her, staring at her with disgust.

She has doubts, of course.

She is only human who can feel anxious and insecure about things too.

But whenever she wakes up every morning looking at Seunghwan in her arm, she just doesn’t care anymore.

It’s beautiful.

And Joohyun can’t ask for more, she doesn’t even ask for forever.

She doesn’t need people’s opinion on her relationship, she doesn’t need anyone to support her relationship, as long as Seunghwan is beside her.

They might not know how they will be tomorrow, a week later, a month, a year, or even a decade later.

But they are beautiful now, and she is content with that.

For her, wherever this relationship is going, she is going to chase it.

What’s left of this moment, she is not going to waste it.

Whatever memory they’re going to make, she is going to cherish it.

The way Seunghwan smiles at her,

The way Seunghwan stares at her,

The way Seunghwan shudders when she touched her,

The way Seunghwan screams her name,

The way Seunghwan breathes into her,

The way they express their love to each other,

She is going to cherish it.

Because they are beautiful now and nothing else matters more than that.

“Hey” Joohyun’s thoughts were cut off when Seunghwan called her.

She looked up only to be greeted by a worried looking Olaf, “you’re okay? You’ve been daydreaming a lot these days. Is there something bothering you?” She asked worriedly.

Joohyun smiled as she pulled the girl down so that she was sitting on her lap, she kissed the girl’s forehead. “I was just thinking about you”

“Cheesy” Seunghwan scoffed, hitting Joohyun’s arm lightly.

“You like it” The older girl winked.

“Whatever” Seunghwan rolled her eyes before she stared at her worriedly again, “you didn’t even touch the breakfast, are you really okay?”

Joohyun grinned cheekily, “I told you, I was just thinking about you. I was about to eat, but how can I when you’re here like this?”

Seunghwan pouted, “But you are the one who pull me down” she sighed, “let me get u-“

“Nope” Joohyun put her arms around her waist firmly and pulled her even closer to prevent her from getting up.

“Serious now Bae Joohyun” Seunghwan sighed, “I’m not in the mood to play”

“I’m not playing with you honey” Joohyun smiled, pecking her lips. “I am going to eat my breakfast”

“But the pancake is over the-“

“Who told you pancake is my only breakfast?” Joohyun grinned mischievously.

“Bae Joohyun” Seunghwan said sternly.

“Why?” The older girl leaned in, leaving butterfly kisses on her jaw down to her neck.

“S-stop it…” Seunghwan shuddered when she felt Joohyun nibbling on her collarbone, her soft spot.

“I am eating” She then continued up to her neck.

“It-it’s- ugh…” Her words then came out as a moan when Joohyun bit the soft spot on her neck, leaving a hickey.

Joohyun smiled when finally Seunghwan gave up and put her arms around her neck, pulling her closer.

This won't be forever, so why try to fight it?