I'm Sammi Sweetheart and You're Meatball Ronnie

Four Rooms

Since she agreed to be on this show, Kyungsoo realized that reality TV life is completely different from the real world. When she lives with seven other people, a lot of bull happens to come up. For example, in the beginning of the show, Kris and Chanyeol were inseparable, but because of a stunt Baekhyun pulled to get both of their attention, she literally caused the two to start a fight in the middle of the bar.

 

Another weird thing is friendships. Sehun and Jongdae couldn’t stand each other when they first met and had their fair share of catfights throughout the first four episodes of the show. But now, they’re sitting in a room laughing and painting their nails while they gossip about God knows what.

 

Of course, romances were always accepted in reality tv shows. But for some reason, viewers couldn’t live with normal functioning couple. The viewers are sadists and always want a couple that are like fire and gasoline when they’re put together. Popular and prime example; Sammi and Ronnie from Jersey Shore.That’s where Kyungsoo comes in.

 

As much as she would’ve liked not to, Kyungsoo fell in love with Jongin to the point where she couldn’t even look him in the eyes anymore. But the thing was, Jongin has had eyes for Sehun and Sehun makes it clear that she’s just as interested. While Jongin asks about Sehun, Kyungsoo tells him every nice thing about her, like a good friend. After all, it’s not Sehun’s fault that Kyungsoo decided to keep quiet about Jongin.

 

It’s not long before Sehun’s moans are spilling from the walls and the two are sharing more than passionate kisses when they think they’re alone in the house. Kyungsoo thinks that they’re an attractive couple and she thinks to herself that maybe Jongin and Sehun are meant to be, maybe if she was lucky, they’d name their baby after her.

 

But for some reason (a typical reality show trope) everything always s up during an outing at a club. Sehun and Jongin had a scuffle, nothing serious,but Sehun genuinely didn’t like what Jongin had said. Sehun was known to be incredibly--as Jongdae put it--petty. Sehun admitted herself that her favorite thing to do was make other boys jealous, and she did just that. When they were at the club, Sehun was rubbing against another boy and seemed to enjoy hearing everything he was saying in her ear.

 

Kyungsoo looks over at Jongin and winces when she sees the glare he has on his face. Kyungsoo then looks over at the camera man and sees that he’s coming closer, preparing himself for a possible (again, typical) club night brawl their show strives on. But instead, nothing happened, and Kyungsoo takes a breath of relief only to choke on it when she sees Jongin moving towards her.

 

“Dance with me, Soo?” Jongin asks, flashing that smile that makes her knees buckle.

And she does, and that night everything was beautiful because when they returned back to the house, Kyungsoo is pressed on the bed in the guest room they used for occasions like this and listens to everything Jongin is whispering and in her ear. She thinks that this couldn’t be any more perfect, that the only thing that was missing was a tiny I love you, but she thinks that she was probably too drunk to even hear it. But Jongin didn’t say it, he never did.

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo realizes that sweet drunk memories almost always turn to after the alcohol fades because when she wakes up, she’s alone and walking around barefoot. When she walks into the kitchen, she sees that Jongin has Sehun pressed against the kitchen counter, kissing and whispering things in her neck that makes Sehun giggle. It’s almost as if the events from yesterday never happened, and it makes Kyungsoo sick to her stomach.

 

Her brain is in a cluster of emotions because she’s still trying to decide which emotion she’s feeling when she runs into a room. She slams the door behind her and startles the cameraman and realizes she’s in the confession booth. The cameraman quietly gives her a look and presses the record button. Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything, instead, she stares at her feet and plays with the hem of Jongin’s shirt she has on. The cameraman knew everything though and his sympathetic side shows.

 

“You love him.” He says, “Don’t you?”

 

Kyungsoo gives a sad smile as tears spill over her cheeks, “Is it that obvious?”


 

Once Kyungsoo had calmed down, she carefully and quietly walks out of the booth and walks down the hall. But with her stupid luck, she hears Jongin calling her from far away. But she runs and she runs like she’s never ran in her life before she runs her room and closes the door behind her like she did the confession booth. Jongdae and Sehun were sitting there and Sehun’s face is full of instantaneous regret as she apologizes more times than Kyungsoo can care count.

 

It’s then, after cries muffled in two sets of arms, when Kyungsoo tells herself and her friends that she isn’t going to continue being around Jongin if this was the effect he was going to have on her. With her decision made, her friends slowly and quietly decide to help her pack her things while Jongin, Minseok, and Chanyeol left. Baekhyun comes to help as well after she hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead. It was Kris who put the suitcases in the taxi outside and she stands in front of her friends before she gets inside the yellow automobile. She hugs Kris tight and begs him to try to patch things up with Chanyeol, he tells her he’ll try before he gives a side glance to Baekhyun. To that, she laughs and then puts her attention to her closest friends. Her roommates, her shoulders to cry on and more or less her rock. Without a doubt, the three girls that stood in front of her were her best friends. She hugs Baekhyun first and tells her to keep in touch, same with Sehun and lastly Jongdae, who she hugs the tightest and cries the most because in her time at this house, Jongdae was the only one who understood her. After a few more parting tears, Kyungsoo boards the taxi and the cameraman tapes the back of car.

 

The four return to the house and realize how lonely it’ll be without Kyungsoo’s laughter, her cooking, and her advice. Kris leaves then, but no one really asks where to or why. The three remaining girls sit on the couch, Baekhyun’s head on Sehun’s shoulder, listening to Jongdae sniffle.

 

“We lost our sunshine because of some twinkle toed prick.” Jongdae laughs sadly, more tears spilling and ruining her make up.


 

When Jongin, Minseok and Chanyeol return hours later, it takes Minseok and Chanyeol seconds to realize the strange atmosphere in the house while it takes Jongin an age. The other house members are acting strange towards him and he realizes it’s the three girls who are acting particularly sour. Sehun especially. When he leans into kiss Sehun, she completely spins the other way and sits promptly on Kris’ lap, her smile returning right after she left him.

 

Jongin didn’t think anything of her though, because Sehun was always ing petty and besides, Kyungsoo was a lot more understanding than she was. Which reminded him, he still had to talk to her. He walks around looking for her but instead he keeps getting shade thrown at him. When he walks in the kitchen, Jongdae and Minseok are talking hush hushed about something but when Jongin clears his throat, the two separate and Minseok gives him a look of disapproval while Jongdae gave him a dirty look. It’s then when Jongin finally realizes something is definitely wrong.

 

Sehun is still sitting on Kris’ lap, laughing about something he said when she looks up at him. The way Sehun glares at him made his stomach flip because she looked at him as if he was the biggest scum on the Earth. Kris gives him a similar look and looks at Chanyeol and laughs about something Chanyeol said behind his hand. Jongin is confused because one, since when are Chanyeol and Kris best friends again and two,since when is he the ing bad guy?

 

“Look. I don’t know what I did, but can you all stop being cryptic s for two minutes? I just want to know where Kyungsoo is.”

 

Even Baekhyun, who doesn’t ever shut the up, says nothing. Instead, she nuzzles her head against Chanyeol’s neck. Jongin is aggravated and he curses before he decides to go find Kyungsoo himself in her room, but when he knocks there’s no answer. He tries talking to her through the door, but he doesn’t understand why she doesn’t answer until he actually opens the door to see that her entire side of the room is completely empty. His jaw tightens and he snatches the piece of paper that’s neatly folded on top of her bed and reads it quickly.

 

After what happened, I don’t really think that I should be around you. You’re manipulative and cocky and I feel really stupid that I even fell for you. I feel even stupider because I still love you. But it’s whatever right?

 

Jongin grits his teeth and crumbles the piece of paper in his hands. He looks at the camera at the corner of the wall and throws a bottle of lotion at it, watching it fall to the ground before he stomps back into the living room, absolutely livid.

 

“So when were you all going to tell me when she left?” Jongin growls, “Hmm?”

 

Sehun snorts and puts her attention back to Kris and caresses his cheek. Jongin looks at Jongdae and she gives him a look, “What?”

 

“You were her best friend. Did you tell her something?”

 

“Yeah. I did. I told her you were the biggest piece of in the whole world. I also didn’t forget to mention that you’re garbage and that she should leave you.” Jongdae says simply, flicking a spec from her fingernail.

 

“It’s not like she lied or anything--”

 

“Baekhyun could you ing shut your , tramp mouth because nothing important ever comes from it--”

 

“Don’t ing talk to her like she’s dirt.” Chanyeol is quick to her defense and shoves Jongin easily, his eyes dark.

 

Jongin is the first to throw a punch and it lands right on Chanyeol’s jaw. Chanyeol sends another punch and before anyone knows it, Kris and Minseok are trying their best to hold Chanyeol back while Jongin is being held back by the producers and cameramen. Jongin spits blood at Chanyeol’s feet before he walks out of the house.

 

Although Kyungsoo wants to forget about Jongin, she can’t help but to watch the newest episode that aired the week after she left. She watches the teary goodbye all over again (as if she wanted a reminder of what happened) and reads the live tweets at the bottom of the screen of people who were crying over Kyungsoo leaving. She feels like crying too because she remembers how strange it is not to wake up with seven other people in her house, that it’s just her and her fish. Kyungsoo lays her head down and cries a little, because she remembers how much she misses and loves her three stooges. When the commercial break ends, Kyungsoo returned her attention to her friends on the screen and how sad and bored they looked. It’s a normal quiet episode for once, but when Jongin, Minseok and Chanyeol return, the quiet episode turns into one full of tension Kyungsoo can feel through the screen.

 

Like good friends, Jongdae and Sehun glare at him while Baekhyun decides to avoid him altogether. The looks Sehun and Jongdae give Jongin are deathly and she’s glad she’s not around to see it in person. No to mention, she’s glad not to see that fight emerge between Chanyeol and Jongin because, yeah, she wanted Chanyeol and Kris to make up but talking behind Chanyeol’s hand isn’t exactly what she had in mind of reconciliation. Before she knows it, Chanyeol is pounding at Jongin’s face and pushing him down to the floor while the producers and cameramen frantically try to stop the fight. Minseok and Kris manage to pull and hold him back while Jongin is helped up by the cameramen. The last thing Kyungsoo sees is Jongin spit blood at Chanyeol’s feet and then the sound of a door slamming.

 

The episode ends when Baekhyun sleeping in Chanyeol’s bed and telling him everything and Chanyeol kisses her head softly while he apologizes. Kyungsoo stares at the tweets at the bottom and sees the hate Jongin is receiving and the praise Chanyeol gets. She doesn’t even want to see the preview for the next episode, so instead, she turns off the TV to feed her fish.

 

Meanwhile, at the house, everyone continues to ignore Jongin like the dirtbag they labeled him to be.  He sleeps alone in his room now because Chanyeol sleeps in Baekhyun’s room with Minseok and Kris sleeps in Sehun’s bed. He’s not angry anymore, if anything, he’s finally starting to feel like the garbage everyone’s depict him to be. Because of the guilt he felt, Jongin quietly walks out of his room when everyone is asleep and walks to the confession booth. The cameraman is asleep and the producers are no where to be found, so he presses the record button and sits in front of the chair.

 

He takes a deep breath to calm himself but instead, it comes out as nervous laughter when he looks back at the camera. He looks at the camera again and Jongin finally begins his little late night speech.

 

“Uh, it’s four in the morning.” He clears his throat, “Kyungsoo, I don’t know if you’re watching, but if you are I just...I just want to say I’m sorry. Yeah, yeah I know. I’m the biggest piece of and I know I have the weirdest way of showing, but--” The camera beeps and the battery blinks, warning him that Jongin only has seconds to say what he needs to say. It puts more pressure on him and he pauses, “What I’m trying to say is, I love--”

 

But the battery dies and Jongin stares at the camera in silence.

 

 

there are probably a lot of typos here and there bc idk i wrote this for lil s and giggles and because i love jersey shore with all my life (dont judge me). this also was going to be a full length too but then i was like.....why

so idk maybe i'll think about the full length but first i gotta finish my other stories...and my final exams huhu