final

Welcomed calls

Seulgi and Irene were out drinking coffee at their favorite café.It was their ritual, every Saturday morning the two close friends would come enjoy a good cup of coffee or either work on their thesis. Both were in their third year in college and had been friends since orientation.

"Oh yeah, you're coming to Joy's party right?"Seulgi asked.

"I guess."

"I assume you know that you do have to come with a date"

"Suddenly my coffee doesn't taste so great"Irene groaned as the single girl knew it would be hard trying to find a date.Irene then continued "Well lucky for you, that your girlfriend's the one hosting the party." 

Seulgi let out a laugh seeing the frown on Irene's face."Don't worry, I'm sure you will meet your Mr.Right Guy too soon.Or should I say Ms.Right Girl?" Seulgi grinned.The two became good pals as they shared so much in common such as same majors, peculiarly odd es and interests in women.The two would have been a couple if only Seulgi wasn't so in love and occupied with her girlfriend,Joy.As they were both finished with their coffee and Irene looked down to grab her bag to leave, she saw an Olaf case covered phone laying on the couch.

"Oh, look what I found."

"Did you find that on the couch?"

"Yeap."

"Just leave it there, what are you going to do with it?"Seulgi asked.

"Nah,I'll keep it.Look at this cute stuff haha."Irene replied, admiring the shiny phone.

 

 

It was when Irene was working on her assignment due next few days, that a strange English song played by itself.Startled by the never heard before tone, Irene shrieked and her pen that was in her right hand flew across the room landing on her bed.Then she spotted the ringing phone that she picked up earlier at the café.

"Hello" Irene answered trying to sound nonchalant as possible.

"Who is this?" a girl's voice demanded angrily.

"Hmm.May I know who's calling?"

"I'm the owner of the phone you're answering, you damn thief."the girl shouted.

Pissed at being called a thief for no reason Irene decided to take it a little far.

"This phone is currently being under custody of the cell phone company,Miss.We will be checking if the phone still attain its perfect condition while it has been out of your reach."

"You lying little wretched thief!" came the reply."I've already called the company and they say they couldn't do anything to retrieve my phone."

"You must have called the wrong company.I suggest you try to know the right information before calling in with accusations.Have a nice day, Miss." Irene hung up, with a wide grin feeling all excited.

 

 

The next day in the campus lawn, where Irene was finishing up her assignment the phone rang again.Irene lighted up receiving the long awaited call.

"Hell-"

"Give me back my phone." it was the girl alright,this time only more furious.

"Geez calm down.It's only a phone." 

"You don't realize how much its important to me."

"I've got this also important assignment that I'm late for, call later okay?"Irene hang up,as she picked up her stuff and left for class.After a long tiring day, Irene was preparing food for the visitors that were soon about to barge in.It was Joygi.Irene questioned herself why she would invite over that bothersome couple.The answer was that she didn't, Seulgi invited herself and Joy for dinner.

"Irene unnie"came in Joy screaming at the top of her lungs."I brought chicken"

"I told her we should stop having chicken every time we come over,but this kid is too damn stubborn" the grumbling bear then entered following Joy.

"Stop your quarrelling and come, dinner's ready."said Irene.

"Have you found a date yet" asked Seulgi while feeding Joy a spoonful of chicken meat.Irene faked a puke at the display of over affection then shook her head.

"Its okay,you can third wheel us" said Joy opening wide indicating Seulgi to feed her more.A loud repetitive ringing interrupted their dinner.

"Thank god! I'm gonna have to take this or I just might really puke" 

Irene picked up already knowing who the caller was.

"Hello" said a voice that was starting to get familiar.

"Will you please return me my phone?" Angry Olaf immediately asked, only this time she wasn't angry.

"Oh boy" Irene exclamined "Trying to get on my soft side huh?"

"This is not funny" came a cute whine "I need-"

"Entertain me"Irene interrupted "I'm bored,my friends are having a good time and I'm not."

"Entertain you?Who do you think I am?A walking birthday party service!?"

"For all I know you are one real short tempered girl"

"Oh my god.What kind of a thief are you?"

"Are you going to entertain me or not?" Irene snorted.

"How does one entertain another over the phone"

"Are you implying you want to?"Irene wondered excitedly.

"Since I have nothing else to do either..."

Angry Olaf was no longer acting..angry.

"Unnie,We're leaving!" came a scream outfront.

"Oh,I'm sorry.I've gotta go"Irene hang up unwillingly.

"Take care you two and don't fight along the way back"

"See you at the party." and with that the annoying duo left.

 

 

I should have brought a date , Irene thought to herself.The party was boring and lonely and the lovey dovey couple has left her since they stepped inside.

What good friends, ditching me and enjoying theirselves.She stood alone watching other people mingle and danced to the loud blaring music.Heels hurting and bored to death Irene finally decided to leave the crowded place.She went to Seulgi, who was far off in the center dance floor grinding Joy swaying along to the beat, and said "I don't feel to well,Seulgi.I'm gonna go ahead and call it a day"

"Bye my bestfriend.Take care" was the reply.

And then from behind Joy waved "Bye, my baby bear's best friend."

And with that Irene left.

 

Irene walked to the nearby bar in heels and a pink dress.She ordered for a glass of beer as she got herself a seat desperately needing to quench her thirst.To her surprise she felt a vibration from her clutch bag.

"Hello" Irene answered the phone.

"Entertain me.I'm bored." Angry Olaf drawled out.

"Bored?Why would you be bored?"

"I'm at this party.Its lame and I don't have a date, I got dragged by my friends."

Irene laughed "I just left a party that I was dragged along without a date too.And I'm at a bar near by the party."

"Wow"she exclaimed"Maybe we were at the same party.Were you at the one hosted by the computer science club?"

"Oh my god" said Irene in disbelief "My friend Joy, shes the head of the club, she invited me."

"Can I join you?" she asked suddenly catching Irene off guard, "at the bar."

"Uh.. sure" Irene responded, her cheeks flushing."It's the clam, right on the other side of the party."

"I'll be there in a few" she replied."Look for a girl in blue"

"Look for a girl in pink dress" And they hung up.

Irene felt her heart beating fast.

 

 

Irene was gulping down her second glass of beer when the entrance door swing open and in walked a young girl wearing a blue dress.Silky brown hair adorned her head and a smile tugged at her lips as she caught Irene staring.She slid into the table where Irene was and grinned.

"Uh, hello" Irene said awkwardly.She was astounded by her looks.She wasn't exactly expecting..this!

"Hello, you thief." the girl said with a warm smile on her face.

"I have a name you know"

"Thief works for me, after all you stole my phone remember?"

"Thief is pretty rough, coming from you Angry Olaf" Irene teased "And let me be clear,I didn't steal your phone.You just lost it yourself and I happen to found it."

"Angry Olaf?"the girl repeated raising an eyebrow.

Irene couldn't help but laugh, "Well, you yell a lot,on the phone and also this" Irene said pointing at the adorable phone cover.The girl pouted getting all embarrassed.

"It's Irene." Irene answered trying to hide the blush that heated her cheeks.

"Wendy" the grinning girl replied.The said girl made her order as the waiter tended their table.

"Well to be honest, I wasn't expecting...you."

"Elaborate."

This time it was Wendy's cheeks reddening.

"You're really something to look at."

Then Irene out blushed Wendy.

"Aha, we could actually set the world record for reddest cheeks at first encounter."Irene laughed at Wendy's joke and then took out the phone to return to its rightful owner.

"No,keep it.That way we can continue our calls"Wendy exclaimed making Irene go redder than ever.After they both finished their glasses of beer, they left the bar out into the cold.

"How'd you lose your phone?" Irene asked as they walk side by side.

"Well, I left it there by purpose hoping that someone gorgeous would find it, then bother me until we finally meet and then I get the chance to kiss her."

"What?" Irene stammered.

Then Wendy closed in and kissed Irene.

 

 

 

 

A/N : andd done. hope y'all like it, especially the part where Seulgi's grinding Joy.hehe.I thought abt that scene while listening to Chris Brown's Five More Hours.It just came to mind tho there's no relevance.