Final.

The Notes

It's a cold morning, the cold day, everything is just cold on that morning. She walks all her way on the street, lazily wait for the bus at the bus stop. She turns her head to the side, she could see a guy is there, listening to the song. He seems like someone from her school but she won't care about that much though. She let out a sigh, glancing at her watch, the bus isn't there yet. The thing she could think is she would be late to the school. 

"I think you should take a taxi, the bus will come in 30 minutes, at least"

She look at the guy, yes, the guy. "Did you just talk to me?" she asked, pointing to herself.

"Of course I did, there's no one here besides us after all. I won't be talking to the pole" he said, sounds rude to her. "I asked you nicely, you should at least show your manners, mister" she give him a stern look, feeling annoying with him. 

"You should take the taxi or you'll be late for your school" he nodded.

"Thanks for your suggestion, but I rather take the bus than waste my money to ride the taxi. You should just concern about yourself anyway since you'll be late as well" she said, looking at the other way afterwards. "Fine" he raised both of his hands slightly.

She glances again at her watch, it's almost ten minutes and she couldn't see the bus. "Uhm... Uhm..." she tries to break the awkward silence between them, thinking if he could share the taxi and the fare so that she won't need to waste too much money. "What?" he take off the headphone on his head, looking at her blankly.

"If you can... Why not if we—"

"Take the taxi and share the fare. Isn't that you wanna ask me?" he looks at her in amusement, he's surely could read her mind. "Yah... How can you know..."

"Just wait for the taxi then. Tell me if you found one" he said, lying on the seat as he close his eyes. "Aigoo...." 

Three minutes has passed and she sees a taxi approaching her. She quickly waves her hand and runs to him, shaking his body violently to wake him up. "The taxi is here!". He's startled and look around to see what happened. "Geez..." 

Both of them quickly get into the taxi. "Sekang High School please" she said, before looking at the back to see there's a bus behind them. 

"What the.... Yah... there's a bus behind us..." she whispers to him, mentally smacked her head in her mind. "Let it be, we made our choice though. Wake me up when we're there" he said, leans his back on the seat and continue to sleep. She bites her lips, cursing him inside her mind as well. Seriously this guy.... Daebak...

 


 

He lazily enter the cafe and head to the staff room to changes his clothes. He goes to his usual place behind the counter, waiting for the order. Yes, he's a barista, a part-time barista. He would come home to take his things and go to the cafe. That's how his daily life. He would take the full time during weekends, and sometimes do the overtime. 

He looks around the cafe before he spotted someone familiar there, very familiar. "Wait... Isn't she's the girl? In the taxi? Ah... So, she will come here after school? To do homework?" he said to himself, staring at her for somehow.

"I wonder how she could change her clothes that fast..."

She took out her books and start to do her works. "Excuse me, may I take your order?" a waitress said politely to her. "Sure, caramel macchiato for me" she smiles.

The waitress walks towards him and smacked his head. "Yah, Taehyun!~ I told you to do your work, not daydreaming. You'll get scolded after all. Caramel macchiato for that girl" 

He rubs his head, pouting a little. "Aigoo.... My head... Caramel macchiato?" he tilts his head, looking at her.

As he's done with her order, he walks towards her, holding a cup of coffee. He put it on the table, she doesn't seems to notice about his presence. He glances at the books and he sees something, it's her name. "Please enjoy your coffee, miss" he said, quickly left before she sees him. Bingo! I know your name now, Wendy.

"Wait, but why I feel very happy about it? hmm... Ah... Like I even care about it~" he shrugged, walking to the counter.

 


 

The next morning, it's same like the day before. Both of them are waiting for the bus at the same time. He glances at her, tries to hold his laughter. "Yah~ Should we take the taxi again?" he .

"Forget it! It would be a bad luck again like yesterday" she rolled her eyes, "And my name is not 'yah', it's—

"Wendy" he looks at her in amusement, putting the headphone on his head. "Daebak... This guy..." she mentall cursing him again, and again, until the bus is there.

 

After school, he would look at her behind the counter, making sure that she won't noticed him. "That girl... She's really something...." he said to himself.

And that's how everyday passed, in the morning, both of them would argue about anything, and after school, he would look at her behind the counter. He wouldn't dare to approach her at the cafe, it's all because he's holding back his pride. Though he realised one thing; he's actually in love with her, he never has the courage to tell her the truth.

 


 

It's weekend, he would stay at his usual place, waiting for her to come. "One, two, three..... Here we go" he said, looking at the door to see she's there. "Like usual, my timing never is always right" he proudly says before his co-worker, Jinwoo, smacked his head. "Yah yah.... You should just talk to her, silly"

"Yah! My head!" he whines like a kid. "I will never talk to her like how I did in every morning at the bus stop. We don't even see each other at school though..." he said, but that makes him earned another smack on his head.

"You should do something then. Like my friend, he always put the small notes on this one girl's locker, saying that he likes her, and now, he's already with her. Why not you do that" Jinwoo suggested.

It may seems silly, but Jinwoo's words give him an idea. He has always wanted to tell her how he feels for her.

As soon she ordered her coffee, he served it immediately. "Please give me a good luck today" he mumbles, putting a small note on the cup. Just after Jinwoo made his way to her table, Taehyun immediately walks away to the dressing room, exchange his shift with someone else.

"Your coffee, miss" Jinwoo smiled, putting the cup on the table carefully. She returns the smile before notices a small note on the cup.

"I'm sorry" she looked up at Jinwoo, "What's with this note?"

"It's from a friend of mine, he's the one who made your coffee". Her eyes shift towards the counter, trying to find out who's the one that wrote the note.

"He's not here, he change his shift with someone else" he grinned, walking away as he pump his fist in the air, knowing the plan will go very well. You owe me dude~ 

She take the small note on the cup and read it. Her eyes grew widen to see a compliment about her on the small note. 'You look pretty today, Wendy'

"He knows my name? But how?" she blinks her eyes, feeling flustered and speechless at the same time. She would never know if someone would compliment her from a far, without her knowledge.

 


 

She stares at the small note as she's waiting for the bus. It's been about hundred times she keep looking at the note, wondering who it would be. 

"You're lucky" he said, appeared from behind before sit a bit far next to her. "Wha- Hey, it is rude to look at someone else's belonging without permission okay" she glares slightly at him, keep the note inside her purse afterwards.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'm just saying though. It must be from your boyfriend" he said, pretending not to know anything in fact he's the one who wrote the note. 

"It's none of your business, mister" she said sarcastically, stood up as the bus arrived. She made her way into the bus with him following her from behind.

He sits behind her, glancing at her from behind. His heart skips a beat whenever he looks at her. She will never notice it, he's not that important though.

 

Just when the school ended, he quickly skips to his workplace. Like usual, he will wait for her presence inside the cafe, wanting to give another note to her. Soon, she's there, sitting at the same place without bothering herself to look around the cafe, or to find out the person who wrote the note for her. She won't expecting to get another note from him. It probably just a compliment, nothing more than that. 

"Your coffee, miss" Jinwoo said, placing the cup on the table again. "You got another note today" he said, walking away back to the counter, nodding at Taehyun who's hiding under the counter.

'You look prettier with that outfit, it suits you well' 

Her eyes grew widen again, looking around to find him but she failed. He's nowhere to be seen, the fact he's hiding under the counter.

 


 

Everyday, she would receives the small notes that sticking on the cup. He would compliment her a lot and try to cheer her up whenever she feels stress and sad, and it somehow just made her day, probably. Though they met every morning at the bus stop, he never stop asking her about that notes. It's just because he wants to know how she feels about it but he failed, she keep asking him to forget about it and mind on his business only.

'You seem busy, I hope you'll be doing well in your exam, fighting!', 'You look prettier day by day', 'I hope you'll never stop coming here', 'Do you like that coffee?' 

That kind of notes always made her smiles, she keeps it safely in her room. What surprising more is she stick all the notes on her wall, wanting to read it as soon she woke up from her sleep.

 

It's been a few months since that time, and she never know who was the sender and yet, she have fallen in love with him. She's aware with her feelings but she just afraid if someone wants to prank her or things like that will happen.

The winter has come but the sender never come to her. She's been wondering about that, why would he keeps his identity as a secret? Why would he never show up in front of her once? She couldn't help but to have that questions in her mind.

She made her way inside the cafe, sitting at her usual and her eyes wander around. No one could be that person.

"May I have your order, miss?" Jinwoo asked, smiling widely at her. He's being the middle man to send those notes to her. "I want hot chocolate" she nods, smiles slightly at him.

She look out at the window, the couples are walking around together, holding their hands and smile warmly to each other. She wants to be like that too.

"Your order, miss" Jinwoo put the cup on the table and walks away immediately. She carelessly read the note and sips on her hot chocolate. She's probably has given up to find out about him. 

Her eyes shift at the note again and she's almost choked on her hot chocolate. Her eyes grew bigger, she read the note again and again, want to make sure she won't mistaken to read it. "No way...."

'Would you like to go out with me?'

That sentences, she's too surprised with it. He couldn't possibly just ask her out like that, or he really did ask her out for real.

She look around, she couldn't find him. Jinwoo just shakes his head, signaling her that he's already gone. Sighing, she walked away from the cafe, leaving the cup and the note on the table, making her way to the bus stop.

Looking up at the sky and the fallen snow, she sits slowly on the seat at the bus stop. Glancing on her phone, a voice greet her.

"Waiting for someone?"

She lift her head and look at him, shooking her head slightly. "No, not at all. I'm just taking a walk". He nods as he heard her.

Five minutes has passed and both of them keep silence in that awkward situation. He get up and stood in front of her, showing a cup of coffee with a note stick on it.

'Would you like to go out with me?'

She raised her eyebrows as read it, it was the cup that she left on the table. She slowly looking up at him. "What's this?" she asked, puzzled with his action.

"Would you like to go out with me?" he said, giving her the cup before taking out another note.

'I have my eyes on you since the first time I saw you in the cafe'

"What? It couldn't possibly be...." she looks at him, feeling surprised with it. 

'I am Nam Taehyun and I've been always look at you behind the counter'

"No way.... It can't be you...." she put her hand on , it's too surprising for her.

He show her a wide smile and nods.

 

"I like you, would you like to go out with me?" he confessed, making her dumbfounded.


 

Hello!~ 

I hope you'll like this story ^^ Thanks for subscribe! keke~ <3

-Aeriren-