The Ode

An Ode to Kyungsoo('s )

A/n: If you know me, you know crack is not my genre, so be prepared for the upcoming stupid that is this drabble/one-shot. Not rated but(t) there is in depth (SO MANY PUNS UGH) discussion of butts and . (If you're not wondering what the heck you're about to read, here's your cue.) Enjoy~

 

Fun fact: Jongin thought Kyungsoo had a really great . Like, really. It was all squishy looking and cute and Jongin kind of wanted to squeeze it just because that seemed like a really good idea.

At first, Jongin hadn’t noticed his . It had taken a while, because he had to get past the fact that Kyungsoo was sort of that scary hyung (that he didn’t want to eat with, okay? The guy looked like he was glaring at everyone all the time like wow, he wasn’t exactly putting himself out there as friendly). But then he had forced himself past this fear and approached the boy, and quickly found out that his impressions of Do Kyungsoo were so wrong and Jongin was kind of really stupid.

As it were, Kyungsoo was really sweet. He was kind of shy but so friendly Jongin could cry, and he had such a cute baby face that sometimes Jongin found himself getting these weird urges to just grab his face and… yeah. Like he felt towards babies; pinching their cheeks and kissing their foreheads (just their foreheads! Definitely not on the lips. Jongin didn’t think about kissing babies okay, ugh).

(But baby-faced cute boys… He totally didn’t think about them either.)

Jongin immediately liked Kyungsoo a lot, a lot, a lot after the first time they hung out. He was sort of the greatest and just… Jongin was really glad he met Kyungsoo (and stopped being scared of him).

Over the next year, he got to know Kyungsoo a lot better, and was surprised by how much more complicated Kyungsoo seemed to get every passing day. At first, Kyungsoo was so precious that Jongin sort of felt the need to protect him from everything all the time. Like, he was happy to become the boy’s knight in shining armour (without all the romantic elements of course; Kyungsoo was a guy and he was a guy and they were living together and supposed to be debuting together). But the closer the two became, the more Kyungsoo changed. As he grew more comfortable with Jongin – very soon growing accustomed to Jongin’s excessive skinship (which Jongin may have reserved a bit more for the older) and clinginess – he became continuously more casual, and with this he settled into someone… less innocent. His smiles became less frequent but more genuine, his tone hardly raising to the higher, softer pitch he had used so often when they had first begun spending time together. Kyungsoo was honestly a little bit… cold, like he was uninterested in so many things (Jongin included).

Learning to accept this version of Kyungsoo was hard for Jongin. It was honestly kind of painful for him, but he appreciated that the older was willing to open up for him and allow him past his tightly enclosed walls to see this side of him. At least Kyungsoo trusted him, right?

They slowly eased into this kind of relationship between them, and Jongin was no less persistent in trying to get even closer to Kyungsoo. He wanted to know every detail of Kyungsoo, the way no one else ever had. Honestly, though, Jongin had no idea how to do that; so he just did what he knew best – annoying amounts of hand-holding, side-hugging, and generally never letting Kyungsoo out of his reach.

This extended beyond their debut. After they entered the world, Jongin began to see new aspects of Kyungsoo again; shyness that he had kept well hidden; a pretty pink blush when he stumbled over his words during interviews; and a sincere self-consciousness that Jongin had never realized. He had thought Kyungsoo went unaffected by the world, because he was so seemingly indifferent. But no, Kyungsoo had emotions too; he just didn’t like to share them with others.

Jongin was one of the first (though, disappointingly, maybe not the first) to pull Kyungsoo out of his shell. (Unbeknownst to Jongin, he really was the first to ever bring Kyungsoo out the way only he could.) They shared a room together, and Jongin used that to his advantage, talking to the older and doing his best to comfort him whenever Kyungsoo had had a particularly rough day (meaning: whenever he got flustered or put on the spot during an interview, or whenever Baekhyun existed in their proximity). He liked to go up behind Kyungsoo, wherever they were, and wrap his arms around the smaller’s waist, press his forehead into Kyungsoo’s hair, get close to the older.

(And sometimes at night, though it was their secret, Jongin would slip into Kyungsoo’s bed and snuggle up behind him, pressing their bodies tight together so that all there was between them was Kyungsoo’s clothes. Because Jongin was shameless and either went in his boxers or full-out around the dorm, and it was almost always the latter when it came to going to bed.)

Soon enough, Jongin found a part of Kyungsoo that was his alone, so deep down under the boy’s layers that it took all Jongin’s effort to find this place, but once he was there… he was home. And when Jongin nestled into it, he was amazed to find that Kyungsoo welcomed him – in the most surprising way.

It came as a complete shock to Jongin when he realized that he was harbouring some serious feelings towards Do Kyungsoo. (No, no it did not. Jongin knew it from the start; it just took him an eternity to acknowledge it.) And there was nothing Jongin could dare to do about it, because he couldn’t risk that with Kyungsoo and with the band and… He kept it to himself. Sure, maybe he was (painfully) in love with Kyungsoo, but it would pass.

Or not.

(In his defense, it was kind of hard when he found out Kyungsoo’s feelings towards him.)

One very long, tiring day after exhaustively practicing some admittedly very sensual (and really just blatantly ual) choreography – but more importantly, after watching Kyungsoo practicing said choreography and making it both -inducing and adorable because of how shy and awkward Kyungsoo was when it came to dancing – the group went home and headed off to their rooms for bed, at which point Jongin approached the older boy. In his usual manner, he slipped behind Kyungsoo (although he’d long since ever given up on hoping to surprise his hyung; Kyungsoo seemed to be waiting for Jongin to do this half the time, which should probably have told Jongin that he was being pretty transparent but he couldn’t help it), hands automatically going to the boy’s waist. Kyungsoo stilled, and Jongin took it as an invitation to continue, leaning to rest his forehead against the back of Kyungsoo’s neck and closing his eyes.

It was one of the rare times Kyungsoo pulled away from him, but by the time Jongin had opened his eyes again the older was pulling him down by his shirt to bring their mouths together, and Jongin was so shocked that he was pretty sure his heart actually stopped for a few seconds. (Obviously, it didn’t, because that would’ve killed him, but it felt like that.)

When Kyungsoo pulled away, Jongin just stared. “Hyung…” The word tumbled past his lips. (Lips that had just had Kyungsoo’s very firmly against them, wow.)

“I am so sorry...” More than embarrassed, Kyungsoo looked terrified, and Jongin wasn’t sure if it was at himself or in fear of Jongin’s reaction. But that didn’t matter; he couldn’t retract that kiss.

“Please don’t say that,” Jongin begged, mouth getting ahead of his mind (but it was doing okay, so he let it continue while his head went on spinning in the aftershock). “Tell me you meant it. Tell me you wanted it too…”

“Too?” Kyungsoo echoed faintly. Jongin just nodded dumbly.

“I like you,” he managed, and his voice cracked because he was feeling a serious overload of emotions right now. “So much.”

And for once, Kyungsoo was the one moving in and hugging Jongin tightly, face hidden in the younger’s chest. “Thank God,” he mumbled in Jongin’s shirt. And they held onto one another for a long time, and then there may have been some more kissing and Jongin didn’t get the other , but he got Kyungsoo’s shirt off and they fell asleep tangled close in one another’s arms and that was more than good enough for Jongin.

They didn’t really tell anyone at first, but eventually it just sort of got out to their other bandmates (definitely not when they were caught thoroughly making out in the shower; the fact that they were half clothed didn’t really help the situation, and Chanyeol might not have spoken to them for the rest of the day because of his traumatic experience). It was honestly a relief after that though, not having to hide anything (although they were told off – they being Jongin – for PDA on a regular basis), and it came to be even more of one when the two became more intimate in their relationship. (Aka, seeeeeex.)

(Jongin by no means looked forward to it. Nope. No sir.)

(He was actually kind of nervous about reaching that point with Kyungsoo but also his hormones went crazy so often as result of the other that he was sort of dying a bit.)

The first time they had was possibly more awkward than even Jongin had anticipated, but the awkwardness did fade once they got into it (or, once Kyungsoo got into him). There had been an immensely mortifying conversation about who should take who, and after a lot of “I don’t care, you decide”s, Jongin finally suggested Kyungsoo be the one to do it since he was the older and that was fair. Jongin could have the next turn (if they weren’t too awkwarded-out to do it again – which they weren’t). And at first Jongin kind of regretted it, because Kyungsoo was big and it was sort of really painful, but then it got better, and then it got really good, so it was okay. (More than okay. Oh gosh, it was so more than okay.)

After a few (see: several) more times, in which they took turns – though Kyungsoo seemed to take Jongin more often, both as Kyungsoo’s preference to be in the younger and Jongin’s preference of having Kyungsoo inside him (and he really never wanted Kyungsoo to pull out when they were done, but sadly he did and they continued on their lives -free for several hours, days, or sometimes even a week or more at a time as if that was okay) – Jongin began thinking increasingly about the perfection that was Do Kyungsoo’s . And also how it was sort of a symbol for Kyungsoo.

Like, at first, his was just all soft and squishable and wonderful, but once Jongin got to the rim of tight, very strong muscles (why did muscles even have to be so strong, like no one gave birth with their butts, what was up with that?) it was a totally different story. With some slow and somewhat painful perseverance, Jongin could get beyond that point and inside Kyungsoo’s warmth, and it just felt so right for him to be there (and he never wanted to pull out either, but Kyungsoo always made him, tragically). And then, though it took some work – though Jongin was starting to remember the way now – he could find Kyungsoo’s sweet spot and the boy would be all his, and they would sort of embody the whole we are one thing as they experienced the bliss of and together. (And then Jongin would drift back down to his senses after a while to find Kyungsoo murmuring to him that he loved him, and Jongin would be whispering it right back, but that wasn’t related to Kyungsoo’s .)

Anyway, yeah, Kyungsoo’s was kind of a metaphor for him as a whole. But when Jongin tried to explain this to Kyungsoo, the boy was far less than impressed by his super amazing epiphany. Instead, Kyungsoo just scowled and told him, “You will never know the feeling of my ever again, you dork.”

“But hyuuuuuuuuung,” Jongin whined, and then snorted because . He received a hit on his arm, but accepted it because hitting was Kyungsoo’s way of suppressing emotion (and in this case, he was trying not to laugh). “Your is my favourite in the whole world.”

And yeah, Jongin had really weird, nerdy ways of telling Kyungsoo he loved him, but Kyungsoo knew what he had signed up for, and he really couldn’t expect anything less.

A/n: *hides*

This is the kind of weird crap I write - never. I've never written anything like this. I don't know what I was thinking. Don't judge me (too much).

I seriously don't know what to say for myself like the whole thing is just one big joke like it's talking about Jongin penetrating Soo's the walls guarding his true self and its literally all a big metaphor I don't even - 

(But really, if there's any new readers seeing this: don't judge my other work based on this. This was just random, after-midnight madness. My normal stuff is at least a little bit quality, I swear.)