Warmth

Sleep

Words: 648

 

Seo Jisoo is an epitome of perfection. Her flappy ears, her baby forehead, her wide eyebrows, her big-round eyes, her puffy cheeks, her pointy nose, her soft pink lips, and lastly the most attractive, her chin. Jisoo’s chin is absolutely gorgeous. The contrary of her cheeks, it looks so sharp whereas her cheeks look like a pair of puffs.

Yoo Jiae could stare and admire the ‘perfection’ all day long. Jisoo is perfect just like that, according to her. She’s delighted that Jisoo hadn’t lost any weight after all the crazy things she’s been through.

The younger girl’s back in the dorm now that their latest repackage album promotion is done. And they’re back being roommates, being normal. Because deep inside her fragile heart, Jiae always felt strange and abnormal with the 7 line-up thing. They’re now practicing as an 8 membered group. The squad they’ve always been since trainee days.

They’re facing each other on this small bed belonged to Jiae.

The younger girl is deep in her sleep probably dreaming about running along her fellow cubs in a deserted area. Jiae on the other hand can’t even bat an eye, who knows what other upcoming rumors that’d take this baby fox away from her all over again, she thinks. She doesn’t want to risk it. Not at all. It’s too much, being away from the girl for almost half a year is enough.

She thought she’s learned her lesson, so she stayed awake the whole night. It’s only an hour away from the girls’ morning time. Her eyes are droopy and sting a bit, but she doesn’t mind. At least she could feel contented out of it. Staring at the younger girl could bring her some peace.

Jisoo is such a baby boy in Jiae’s eyes. She’s pretty, really, and her beauty is natural. But she behaves like a boy.

There’s this one time when the girls were having spicy chicken feet as their dinner, all the members were eating prettily and then there’s Jisoo who ate it like someone would take her dinner away. She ate so messily the sauce was sprawled all over her lips. But her beauty shone even more, at least in Jiae’s eyes.

She’s lucky to have the baby fox, isn’t she.

Her hand reached out to Jisoo’s puffy cheek and her thumb caress the velvet skin, so soft. Her thumb then went down to Jisoo’s sculptured chin. Jiae’s thumb was halted from going north by another hand belonged to the sleeping girl.

“What are you doing unnie?” The sleeping girl then opened her eyes. Ah, baby boy is awake. Jiae smiled sheepishly from being caught.

“Did you even sleep?” Jiae felt bare under the girl’s piercing eyes. How could she be so intimidating right after being awake?

The warmth from Jisoo’s hand was still there on her own. She loved this. Sharing warmth in a cold night with her baby fox. She felt another warmth on her cheek. She sighed at the loving warmth, Jisoo’s other hand’s caressing her cold cheek.

“I couldn’t sleep” She finally answered.

But Jisoo knew better. “What’s bothering you?”

Jiae looked at their joined hands. She thought about how perfectly they fit each other. And she wished they could do this for a long, long time, till they turn into grannies together. Just the two of them.

“I’m...” Jiae hesitated, so she looked into Jisoo’s warm eyes. They’re so pretty under the illuminated moonlight.

Jisoo only smiled charmingly at her. The younger girl then pulled her into her warm arms.

“Get some sleep, unnie. Your eyes are getting red and we only have less than an hour to sleep.” Jiae received a light kiss on her forehead.

“I’m not going anywhere. Not without you, at least.” Jiae could finally smile and couldn’t fight her heavy eyelids any longer. She only loves Jisoo even more. No need to say.