Chapter Two

My Answer(Is You)

"I should've been more careful"

 

 

Byun Baekhyun was in his bed room.

Byun Baekhyun was unconscious on his bed, in his room, and his parents were going to be home in less than an hour.

Jongdae took a moment to rethink his life decisions.  

Really, what else was he supposed to have done? After Baekhyun had collapsed outside the school building Jongdae had done the only thing that had seem logical at the time; pick him up and take him home. A decision that seemed far less logical now, as he sat on his cluttered floor, wondering if this could possibly be considered kidnapping.

Baekhyun hadn’t even stirred when Jongdae lifted his alarmingly light frame and buckled it into his car, nor during the fairly tedious process of carrying him upstairs. The only sign of life Jongdae had gotten this whole time was the slightly labored sound of the other boys breathing.

Was that normal? Was he dying? Should he have gone to the hospital instead? Oh god what if Baekhyun died in his room and he’d have to explain to his parents  why there was a random corpse on his bed?!

Jongdae was contemplating possible body dumps when Baekhyun finally decided he wanted to be alive after all.

Dark lashes finally fluttered upwards, revealing to the blurry eyes beneath the bewildering situation in front of them.

“Hey,” Jongdae said, a hesitant smile on his lips. What was the jail time for kidnapping these days?

Baekhyun turned his head, frowned upon discovering Jongdae anxiously twitching on the floor and immediately covered his face with a hand.

“What the am I doing in your room Kim Jongdae?”

“Well,” Jongdae started.

How exactly does he explain this?

I found you laying on the ground and decided my bed would be a way more comfortable resting place.

Yeah, he was going to jail.

“You fainted, I think.”

“Obviously,” Baekhyun kept his hand over his face, “I was wondering why I’m here and not at the school nurse or something.”

Huh, he hadn’t thought of that.

“Seemed like a good idea at the time?” Was the only excuse Jongdae could think of.

Baekhyun removed his hand to frown at Jongdae.

“You’re really strange you know that?”

Here Jongdae smiled, “Life’s so much funner that way.”

With a half chuckle Baekhyun finally sat up and looked around his surroundings. He snorted.

“You collect teddy bears?”

“They’re cute.”  

“Are you a 13 year old girl?” Baekhyun laughed at Jongdae’s sour expression. “Like seriously man, what guy our age collects teddy bears? They even have outfits!”

Jongdae grabbed one of the bears in question and cuddled it to his chest.

“Don’t be jealous just ‘cause you wish you had a coolio bear collection for yourself. I’m not sharing either!” Jongdae curled around the bear protectively, a grin threatening to split his mock serious expression.

“Totally jealous,” Baekhyun said stoned faced.

“You’re practically green already,” Jongdae matched his expression.

“I just want one so bad right now,” Baekhyun sighed.

“Such a hard life you have over there,” Jongdae said, pity lacing his voice.

“Stop showing off you bastard,”

In response Jongdae hugged the bear tighter, sticking his tongue out at the other boy.

“Mine.”

Their eyes met and held for two seconds before both of them burst out in ridiculous fits of laughter leaving both of them rolling on their sides.

After either of them could breathe properly again a silence fell, where they both lay in their respective places gazing at the ceiling. Baekhyun was the one to break it.

“Thanks by the way,” he said, not even daring to look at the other.

“For not sharing my bears?”

“Pff, no you jack . For you know, not leaving me there,” Baekhyun fiddled with the edge of the sheets under him, a faint pink lighting his cheekbones.

Jongdae shrugged, even though it wasn’t seen. “Its no  big. What kind of cold bastard would just leave you there?”

Baekhyun chuckled hollowly, “You never know. Not like we’re even friends or whatever.”

Jongdae sat up. “Baekhyun, you’ve seen my girly bear collection. Thats a bond far deeper than friendship right there,” he said gravely.

Baekhyun laughed, the previously awkward air dissipating with the sound. Jongdae smiled.

“We may as well be married now,” Baekhyun swung his legs down to perch on the edge of the bed, smile still in place.

“Right? Damn 17 and already got an old lady draggin me down. Where has my life gone?” Jongdae fell back on the floor with a huff, sprawling out dramatically.

“Whatever,I’m obviously the man in this relationship,”Baekhyun scoffed.

“Says the kid wearing eyeliner,” Jongdae shot back.

“You collect stuffed bears.”

Manly stuffed bears! Look this one has a leather jacket!”Jongdae shoved the bear out in evidence.

Baekhyun eyed the bear for a moment before taking it and hugging it to his chest.

“Its still a teddy bear,” he said in contrast to his actions.

“A manly teddy bear.”

“Keep telling yourself that,” Baekhyun laughed and rose from the bed and made for the door. “I should probably get home though, have fun with your bears Jongdae.”

Jongdae also rose, suddenly unsure what to do now that the strange scene they found themselves in was coming to an end.

“Are you trying to kidnap Chen-Chen right now?” he pointed to the bear still snuggled against Baekhyun’s chest.

Baekhyun looked down and grinned, “He likes me. Consider it a wedding present.” And with a wink he ran out the door and the house before Jongdae even finished laughing.

 

 

 


A/N: Something I noticed while writing this is that I didn't write it into chapters per say.... its more like a constant flow of things so seperating this into segments is weird xp haha so sorry this is short, I'm pretty much going off of time gaps at this point as to not catch up with myself too fast. Also! I'm sure you might of noticed that this is in an america style school system, because i don't know enough about how the Korean school system works to actually write about it lol.

All the new subscribers and readers make my heart super happy! I'll work hard to not dissapoint you =^-^=

THANK YOU FOR READING! <3