001

Love Me Like You Mean It

Sunshine on the streets again

A nice breeze blows over

Going to you makes my heart flutter

I want to happily see you

Your smile is still warm

 

Wendy sat on her car's seat with headphone on her ears, closing her eyes enjoying the song playing. Sunlight shining bright today indicating her first day on college. The car entering the gate and stopped. She opened her eyes and looked out seeing some college student already filling the park chatting with their friend. 

 

"We're here Miss Son" 

"Thank you for the ride ahjussi"

 

The driver flashed warm smile as Wendy get out from the car with her backpack. She turned around and bowed slightly not forgetting to remind her driver to pick her up in 8 hours. Once the car drove off, she felt someone hugged her from behind. Wendy chuckled and broke into smile when someone poked her cheeks.

 

"Wen wen"

 

Wendy turned around and immediately hugging the person in front of her. It's been long time since she met her best friend because of long holiday of her at Canada. 

 

"Ddoyoungie !!!! I miss you !!!"

 

Park Sooyoung aka Joy is her best friend from she was a child and they always went to same school till college. They have same interest which is food, that's why they're taking cooking course. Wendy always has interest in cooking and baking but Joy just has interest on food. At first Wendy thought she was just joking about taking same course but of course Park Sooyoung never failed to surprised her. For a long time Joy learned everything about cooking with Wendy and that helps her so much on improving her skill. But of course her eating skill also improved. 

 

"How's your holiday at Canada ? Do you forget my souvenir ?"

"Of course I won't forget it since you will kill me if I did"

 

Joy smirked as Wendy rummaged her bag and pulled out another small bag. Joy immediately smiled widely and screamed. Wendy immediately covered her embarassing friend while smiled apologetically to other student around them. 

 

"Remind me not to give you any food at college from now on"

"Sorry Wendy, you know how long I've waited to get this holy maple syrup!"

 

Wendy just chuckled looking at her friend snuggled to the fresh maple syrup. Joy is like that, weird girl who can't separate from food. But despite that cute weirdness, Wendy never regret becoming friend with Joy. Joy always supporting her whenever she can and she's grateful toward her friend. Especially that one time when she has her biggest hurdle in her life, as always Joy never failed to be beside her and supporting her, even made Wendy's life change so much. 

 

"Let's go to class now!"

 

Joy clinged to her arm and Wendy snapped back from her thought. She nodded and both of them went to their first class of the year. Along the corridor, they can clearly feel the nervousness of new student. Some were found sitting alone while scanning the others hoping to find some friend to talk and some already has their own group. Joy was looking at their schedule and searched for their first class.

 

"Here, C1008 class for basic cooking knowledge"

"You know I'm quite nervous about this, we never really take cooking class and just learn by ourself"

"You're a genius Wendy, don't be worried! See, I'm not even nervous!"

 

Wendy just laughed at her friend. They slightly peeked inside the class and there's already few student finding their own seat. Joy pulled Wendy in when suddenly she dragged Wendy out again. Wendy looked at her confused.

 

"What happen ? Why you dragging me out again ?"

 

Joy's shocked face urged Wendy to looked inside the class again want to find out why her best friend acted like this. But she was pulled outside again by Joy. 

 

"Yah what happen ?"

"I...I'm suddenly feel hungry, let's go to canteen first."

 

Wendy raised her eyebrow at her friend's weird behavior. There must be something inside that make her friend acted like this. Maybe Joy has her crush before on same class or maybe someone know her embarassing secret which Wendy doesn't know. The thought made Wendy smirked and she acted following Joy.

 

"Alright then, let's go"

 

Once Joy turned around, Wendy quickly dashed inside the classroom while Joy shouted on her.

 

"No Wendy ! You can't see..."

 

Wendy stopped on her track and widened her eyes as she finally found out the reason Joy reacted like that. Joy stood behind her and facepalmed herself, blaming herself for not being able to stopped Wendy. Wendy is wrong, it's not Joy's crush or someone who know Joy's embarassing secret. It's a lot worst than she expected. In the class, there's someone who she doesn't want to see or meet anymore. Someone who broke her heart while in junior high school. Someone who crushed her dream on dating. Someone who taught her about dark side of love and dating. But much worst, it's someone who still has her heart no matter how much that person hurt her in the past. Someone who she still can't forget.

 

"I tried to stop you Wendy but...."

 

Wendy stood frozen on her spot watching that person hugged a girl beside and she watched how they're so happy together not noticing someone staring at them with painful eyes. Just then, that person stopped talking and looked toward the door, locking eyes with Wendy. That time, Wendy can't stopped her shaking hand. Judging from how that person sat there, she finally realized that she will be in same class with her. She can feel someone hold her hand and she finally conscious. Joy was beside her with worried expression on her face. Wendy can't support her body anymore from collapsing. She felt grateful on Joy right now for holding her. 

 

"Are you okay wen wen ?"

"She's here Joy, Irene Bae is here"

 

Irene Bae, the perfect and pretty girl who never has flaw on her appearance nor her personality. But it's not all true because Wendy already experiencing almost her hidden flaw. The perfect Bae Irene is not that perfect, that's what Wendy always thinking.

Meanwhile Wendy still grasping on what happen just now, on the other side, the so called heartbreaker Irene can't take her eyes off from Wendy. Of course she recognized her, the nerdy girl who was in same class with her in junior high school. And also the same girl who she dated before and broke her heart. But the nerdy girl is gone now. The girl in front of her is way more brand new Wendy with trendy appearance. She scanned the scared girl in front of her, on how Wendy already lost some fat, looking at how slim she is now, on how the clothes fitted perfecty on her body and how silky her hair is. 

 

"Wendy Son"

 

Irene muttered and it caught the attention of girl beside her who happen to be her current girlfriend. She felt someone poked her side causing her to yelped. She looked beside her and saw the culprit giggling adorably which immediately bring smile on her face. 

 

"Dozing off again Joohyun ah ?"

"Yeah, I was enjoying my dozing off moment so much until someone bothering me"

"Well that someone is your girlfriend so you don't mind right ?"

"Everything that Seulgi does, I will be happy to accept that"

 

Both are enjoying their own moment not noticing on painful look they got from Wendy. Joy rubbed her arms signaling if she want to go out or not. Wendy nodded and followed her friend's lead. This is just too shocking to her, who could expect that her first day at college is the day she met Irene Bae again and much worst, she will  be in same class with her for whole semester. 

 

"Y...You okay ? Wen Wen ?"

"What should I do Sooyoung ah ? How can I meet her again ?"

"You promised me that you will forget her Wendy, did you forget ?

"Of course no....I didn't forget it....But I can't forget her...."

"Why ? You still has your little crush on her ? She hurts you so bad Wendy ! Don't you forget what happen back then ?"

 

Wendy frowned as the memories of her painful junior high school replayed again in her mind. Back to the day when she entered last year on junior high school, the most crucial year for most student. Back to the day when she's still called as nerdy girl and back to the day she finally in same class with her crush, Irene Bae.


So I decided to post 1 chapter just before my exam week start! First I want to thank 17 lovely subscriber and moreover 1 upvote. I haven't posted the chapter yet so I was very thankful of you guys. I will do my best to make a good story for you all.

Don't forget to comment what do you think about this chapter ? Pardon me for bad grammar as English is not my mother language.