Chapter 1

Heart Without A Beat

“Do you love me?” she asks his tall and blonde boyfriend.

Wufan looks to his beloved girlfriend. His hand catch the other soft and slim hand, locking it firmly. “I thought you just get tired of hearing me saying I love you?”

Min Young squints her eyes as she looks to the driving guy. “I am serious now baby.”

“Yes honey, I love you with all my heart and you will always be the only one in my heart and only death will tear us apart.” He says in one breath.

She rest her head on the head rest, lips smiling happily.

“Why are you asking this?” he asks while focusing on the road.

She remains silent, eyes looming over Wufan’s perfect features. “Do you remember my baby brother?”

“Of course I do. What’s wrong with him?” he asks. “Is he okay?”

“What do you think about him?” she asks again.

“Honestly, he is beautiful as a man and gentle.” He states his opinion.

 

[FLASHBACK TO TWO WEEKS BEFORE]

 

“What do you mean?” she asks.

“It’s getting worst” the doctor states. “I am really sorry but all the method that we have done does not stop the cell and now it is getting worst.”

“Bu-but you said it is just acute one Doctor Lee” Min Young become glassy.

“I cannot confirm whether it is still acute but to ensure it, we must do the bone marrow biopsy” he sighs.

“Is it going to hurt my son?” Mr. Zhang asks, sounds worried.

“It is bearable.” He assures. “We plan to do it tomorrow if we manage to get your consent.”

-

Yixing lays on his chest calmly and patiently. However it does not last long when a sharp and painful pain hit him and he can’t stop  himself from letting his voice out, not so loud but enough for his family at the outside to hear him.

The tears of a mother fall on her cheeks. If only she can take all the pain from his son, the she will. She just wants his son to have a normal life like what a 20 years old boy should have. He has been suffering for two years now. She still can remember how Yixing was during the chemotherapy session. Its hard to keep on smiling when it is actually kill you from inside. However she knew, his son will always say all those sweet and comfy words.

Mr Zhang pulls his wife into a hug. “He can do it. He is strong.” His voice shaky a little bit.

Yixing voice is getting louder and they can hear he is calling his mama and crying. Mrs. Zhang burst into tears. She can’t take it. It hurts her a lot listening to his son crying and screaming like that and she only can do nothing to help him.

“The Doctor said it is bearable but why Xinggie is screaming honey?” she cries.

Mr. Zhang grips his wife’s shoulder tight, trying to cool her down.

Mrs. Zhang’s tears fall like a rive flowing when he hears his son crying in pain. She can’t contemplate why his baby son must be the one who suffer this cancer. She still can remember since the moment when he was born, five years after Min Young was born. He is being love by them and Min Young can’t stop but kissing him every moment that she can. She love Yixing too much and she will be the one who will scold all those naughty boys at school. Min Young is lovely but when it comes to Yixing she become over protective. She will cry if Yixing get hurt or bleed and Yixing is more to a calm and passive in reacting and showing emotion. If he gets hurt, he will remain silent and the maximum point of his limit is when his tears drop. He will not talk nor look to anyone. He does not like people to see it, to know that he is in pain. Because he knew, his sister, father and even herself will get hurt.

As a mother, she never hear Yixing complained about the disease that he has. Since that, she has promised to herself and even talked with her husband and her only daughter, to always be happy in front of Yixing. Keep on smiling like before. Like nothing happened, though it is only a lie.

-

“How was it? What’s the result?” Min Young asks, breaking the silent.

The doctor sighs. “I am sorry but it is no longer acute leukemia, it is a chronic leukemia.”

“No” Mrs. Zhang shakes her head. “No this must be a lie. You said the chances for him to become chronic is not much and he even have almost like a normal boy.”

“This is the most accurate method Madam. I am really sorry but this is the end result of the biopsy” he explains heavily.

“No, please tell me it is not.” Tears fall heavily “tell me it is wrong please. He is such an innocent bot Doctor. He haven’t fell how wonderful is life Doctor.” She cries hard and loud.

Nobody is capable to comfort each other. Nobody can accept the truth about this and this is beyond their expectation. Min Young can hold but her tears fall eventually but she wipes it and walks out from the room. She walks fast without even looking back. She doesn’t know where she is walking to but her limbs bring her to Yixing’s room. She looks to his beloved baby brother, lying on the bed, sleeping soundly. He does not look like a cancer patient at all. He never show the pain in his expression. Her face wet again. This is too much for her and her family to bear at once. They can’t lose Yixing, just not yet.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

“Can you do me a favour?” she asks as both of them lying on the grass field. Sky full with birds and sounds of them fulfill the park. Sounds of children playing, laughs and soft wind blowing her hair and the grass and trees.

He looks to his girlfriend. She is beautiful and lovely and he will never get enough of her. “Anything for you baby”

She smiles, feels happy but heavy at the same time. She then looks to his fiancé who is staring at her face. She looks to the deep eyes, the perfect nose and all the perfect features of Wufan. She then turns his to face the guy, still smiling.

“This might sounds stupid and I knew you are going to hate me.” She stop, voice starting to get wavy.

“Whats wrong dear?” he asks, thumbs caressing her soft cheek.

“But believe me, I have my own reason for doing this and I really want it to happen.” She smiles, to reassure that she is fine, though her heart is aching, hard.

“What is it?” he curious.

“Before that” she pauses “Promise me that you will never ever hate me.”

“Always and forever love you Minyoung. Promise” He vows and next thing he realize is, that his girlfriend is kissing him. He replies to the kiss, soft and passionate.

Minyoung breaks the kiss and she takes a deep breath.

She knew she might sound so desperate and more to begging, but she must do this.

“Marry my baby brother, please.”

 

 

p/s: Hello! So this chapter is more to introduce the characters actually and this fic wouldnt have so many chaps fyi. Still thanks so much for my seven cute subscribers. It will be good if you(readers) can leave a feedback. OThanks for reading! Have a nice day/night ahead!