A place in my heart part 10

A Place in my heart

The day came and finally, it was the gala night. Donghae nervously paced around her room as she can’t seem to find the right dress for the occasion. Hangeng knocked on her door and handed her a box. She opened it and found blue ball gown.


“oppa.. you shouldn’t have to”


“it’s really for you.. good luck tonight.”


Hangeng smiled and left her to change. Donghae’s eyes glittered as she stare at the ball gown, the peaceful shade of blue reminded her of Mokpo. HSe excitedly wore the gown and arranged her hair in an updo. 


Heechul smiled as he enters Eunhyuk’s room. Eunhyuk noticed her and he in turn smiled his gummy smile. Heechul approached him and arranged his necktie.


“it fit’s you perfectly. You look really good tonight Eunhyuk.”


Heechul muttered as she brushes off invisible dust on Eunhyuk’s coat.


“Thank you.. You’re very sweet and caring. You know what, your Boyfriend would be very lucky to have you.”


Eunhyuk said and Heechul dropped her hands to the side, her smile was painful.


“you think so Hyukjae?”


Heechul muttered, Eunhyuk was surprised, his face flushed and his smile faded.


“You know my real name?”


Eunhyuk stammered on his sentence. Heechul smiled at him.


“I have my means Hyukjae, But I don’t care about your past.. it doesn’t concern me much.. we have a deal.. I expect you to fulfill your part and I’ll keep your secret.”


Heechul smiled at him and walked towards the door.


“I’ll definitely do my part..”


Eunhyuk replied. Heechul smiled to herself and left him. Eunhyuk then faced the mirror, he sees not his reflection but of a boy from the past.


“It seems that the harder I tried to remove you from my being.. it is still you who haunts me to this day.”


Eunhuk muttered. And it may seem like an imagination, or just his brain playing tricks on him, the boy answered.


“It is not I who wished for this.. it is you who made the decision to forget.. I didn’t..”


Eunhyuk sighed and checked himself one last time, and he sees his own reflection. 


“I brought this upon myself..”


He said before he left the room to join everyone in thelobby, awaiting their ride to the gala. Everyone was there, from Heechul to Ryeowook to Shindong to Siwon. He searches for Donghae yet she was missing. He glances at Heechul who gave him a sly smile. Heechul then tipped her head to the side, motioning for Eunhyuk to look at that direction. He saw Donghae walking towards him, looking like a true princess in Blue. Her eyes glimmered yet her shyness made her feel uncomfortable. She stopped just infront of him and an awkward air blew between them.


Eunyhuk smiled as he was mesmerized by her stunning beauty. Below, everyone was stunned seeing Donghae all dressed up.


“wow.. you look fantastic”


Eunhyuk said as his gummy smile appeared. Donghae blushed and muttered a soft thank you . Eunhyuk then extended a hand which Donghae took. Eunhyuk escorted her down and Heechul smirked as Hangeng’s hand ball into a fist.


“oh my hae…”


Ryeowook muttered as she approached Donghae. She looked at her from head to toe and was very happy to see her transform. Donghae noticed the corsage on Ryeowook’s wrist. Eunhyuk saw Donghae pout a little and he then approached her and placed a pale blue and white corsage on her wrist.


“I won’t forget to give you one”


Eunhyuk muttered and smiled at her, Donghae did the same. The cars parked in front of the dorm and all the seniors boarded first. Then a limousine picked all the frosh and off they went to the gala. The ride was quiet as they were nervous of the performance and the impression that they will leave on the directors.


They were greeted by a red carpet and flashing lights from cameras, Donghae panicked. She is but a simple girl from Mokpo who never wanted such attention. Eunhyuk held his hand tighter and smiled.


“you know, when you win the competition, you’ll have interviews and guestings! This is just a preparation for you!”


Donghae chuckles.


“that is, if I win 


They took a while to post for the press since it is a well known gathering of respected artists, educators, producers and such. Siwon was all perfect and he was adored by the camera. Tons and tons of pictures were taken and Donghae felt a little shy, it feels like no one wants her picture, unlike Kibum, Minnie, Mimi and Ryeowook.


“oh.. such a calm face..”


Donghae was surprised when a voice spoke to her.


“excuse me?”


“I’m Jungmin, what’s your name young lady”


Jungmin extended a hand and Donghae tried to shake it but ended up surprised as Jungmin kissed it.


“Lee Donghae”


“and she has a gala to attend to”


Eunhyuk quickly grabed DOnghae’s hand and escorted her inside, leaving Jungmin smiling and at awe.


“stop flirtimg!”


EUnhyuk blurted out and DOnghae was utterly surprised.


“I’m not flirting! Who is Jungmin anyway?”


“y Smile Jungmin is Yunho’s bother”


“oh so is he a player?”


Eunhyuk nodded and Donghae frowned. Eunhyuk was hurt seeing Donghae have special feelings towards Jungmin.


“Do you like him?”


Eunhyuk asked and Donghae shook her head.


“it’s just that.. you’re acusing me of being someone I’m not..”


“I’m sorry.. my words are a little harsh..”


Donghae shook her head and smiled.


“Let’s go.”


---…---


The program was nothing short of drama and excitement as the MC’s are none other than Heechul, Hangeng, Leeteuk and Kangin. The four were divided into pairs and this was what exactly Heechul wanted. They started with the words from the DBSK, greeting the guests that preceded the introduction of the Frosh. The music started and one by one, the couples emerges. Just as they practiced, they did the cotillion, with ring formations and all the jazz that could impress the audience.


“and now, please welcome the spotlight dance of Choi Siwon and Kim Kibum”


Leeteuk announced the first couple and the rest gracefully exited. Siwon smiled and reassured Kibum who gracefully took Siwon’s lead. Like their practice, Siwon became a true gentleman to the fair Kibum. With smile on their faces, they danced a perfect performance. On the corner of Siwon’s eyes, he can see the board of directors smile along with them. It was perfect, Siwon and Kibum moved like one.. perhaps they were meant to be.


“I’m proud to present Ms. Kim Ryeowook, escorted by Mr. Cho Kyuhyun”


Kangin’s voice made Ryeowook nervous.


“What are you afraid of? I’m your partner!”


Kyuhyun said with all confidence and it made ryeowook burst out laughing. When the spotlight was on them, Kyuhyun took her hand gently and led her just like Siwon did.


“I know how to dance you know!”


Kyuhyun exclaimed that made Ryeowook smile brightly. 


“I know.. “


Ryeowook replied and they danced the routine smoothly. At the sides, four eyes were fixed on the dancing couple.


“I hate it! Kyuhyun should be dancing with me not wookie!”


Minnie said and Mimi went mad.


“You? It should be me!”


If their escorts hadn’t stopped the two, they could end up in the hospital emergency room. 


“Let’s take it to the dance floor!”


Henry muttered and with fires in their eyes, all four took the dance floor. 


“a battle of nations, China vs Korea, Henry Lau and Zhou Mi against Kim Yesung and Lee Sungmin.”


Heechul was excited with this one; it’s these types of actions that revitalize her rather y mood. And so the four took the stage and applause welcomed them. The mood changes and all of the sudden the four were battling it out like a dance sport: Two different styles, one classic move. It wasn’t your ordinary spotlight dance and it garnered much applause. 


Henry and Mimi dance with such class, yet they still look fresh and modern. Sungmin and Yesung were both Cute and spontaneous as they dance along. It was fun to see two pairs give their hearts in such a powerful performance.


“I don’t think I can do it..”


Donghae muttered nervously as she pace to and fro. Eunhyuk grabbed her hand and pulled her into an embrace.


“you already did it.. I know you can.. trust me.”


Donghae did not seem relieved with those words and she continuous to tremble. Finally, her eyes widened as she hears Hangeng call out their name. Eunhyuk took her by the hand and led her to the middle of the dance floor.


“forget everything but the beat of your heart…”


Eunhyuk muttered and Donghae took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She listened not to the music but to her heart that beats for one person at this very moment, Hyukjae or EUnhyuk she doesn’t know nor care who. Eunhyuk smiled as he stepped back, Donghae instinctively followed him. He took a step to the side and Donghae gracefully followed his lead. It was this defining moment in their life, called Spotlight dance, that would change her thoughts about Eunhyuk completely. As she open her eyes, she sees not the blinding lights, she hears not the blasting music; she sees the smile on Eunhyuk’s face and hears her heart beating for him.


It was like a scene from a movie where all seemed perfect like a dream and here they are staring at each other like no one was watching. He lifts her gently and turns, gliding to the side and Donghae gracefully swayed, her dress accentuating her moves likewaves softly crashing to meet the beach. And as the music ends, Donghae sees no one else but eunhyuk, remembers nothing but this moment, loved no one but the man in front of him. Applause welcomed them and it was indeed a true spotlight dance for two souls that have met their partner.