An Accident

It Never Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You weren't supposed to die yet.

 

The voice jolted Taekwoon out of his daze and he looked over at the man who spoke. He was floating, much the same as him, but his face held a sad smile. He didn't respond, but when the other saw the confusion he pressed on.

 

You shouldn't have made it to him in time. He would have survived with a broken rib and minor concussion. You, on the other hand, did not fare as well.

 

They both looked back down at the scene below, a body pinned under a car that had slid on some ice. A man was knelt next to the slowly growing pool of red, screaming for someone to help him. Ah, yes. No he remembers. He pushed that man out of the way of the car. He thought he could make it too, but his foot had slipped.

 

It was going to be beautiful.

 

The other man had spoken up again, his gaze having drifted to the newly deceased. You two were going to have a beautiful relationship. Now he was even more confused. He had never met the man down below before today. He had decided to take his walk home from work by the park today, and that's when he saw him. The pink haired man chuckled.

 

Sometimes that's how fate works. It brings people together under odd circumstances. But today you made the wrong choice, and died before your time.

 

So he wasn't supposed to die today? Then why did he?

 

You made a split second choice that led you astray from your path. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, the soul gets stuck in the Inbetween until it is their time to cross over. You were supposed to have a happy life with this man, Jung Taekwoon.

 

The man could tell where this was going. He was stuck here, lingering until he was able to move on. He realized his eyes had drifted back down to the young man below, seeing the tears streaming down his cheeks as the ambulance finally arrived. The pool of blood had grown larger, soaking the man's knees with red.

 

I wish I could send you back.

 

Taekwoon blinked and looked back at the other, once again looking confused.

 

Who are you?

 

It was the first thing he spoke since dying. The man smiled, dimples appearing on his cheek.

 

I am Hongbin, an angel that helps spirits like yours. I am here to give you guidance in this. . . Unfortunate situation. However, it is not within my powers to send you back.

 

Taekwoon frowned, drifting slowly back down to the ground. The young man had stood as a paramedic questioned him about what happened, two others putting his now lifeless body on a stretcher. It didn't bother him as much as it should have, seeing the vessel that he used to inhabit being moved around like that, but he was more focused on the tall stranger. He held his hands clasped in front of him, eyes locked on the ambulance as he explained what happened. Did he know that they were supposed to have a life together, according to the angel? The angel sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder.

 

You can stay and watch over him, but I usually advise against it. It almost always ends with heartbreak on both sides. He might feel your presence every once in a while, and each soul reacts differently to that. You could travel, see what you want until your time comes.

 

He shook his head. He already had made up his mind. He couldn't leave. He could already see why they would have had a strong bond. He could feel it now, just being near him. It was almost like the two souls yearned for one another.

 

How long until I was supposed to pass on?

 

He was jolted from his thoughts as he heard the paramedic ask the young man his name.

 

H-Han Sanghyuk. . .

 

Taekwoon could see he was barely keeping it together, the whole traumatic experience being too much for him. He reached out and placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to will him strength. Sanghyuk sniffles a couple more times and blinked before taking a deep breath, now able to talk calmly.  The angel looked at him with sad eyes.

 

You would have died in your sleep, about sixty  years from now.

 

His eyes widened. Sixty years was a long time to traverse the earth without actually living. 

 

Sixty? Well what about Sanghyuk?

 

It felt good, letting his name roll off of his tongue so easily. The angel pursed his lips for a moment. 

 

He dies a few years before you. But, now that you have changed his fate, for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter