His Best Friend

Lovesick

“Taeyeon! I need you to drive me somewhere.” the brunette said nonchalantly, throwing a set of keys onto the young man’s lap. His eyes immediately locked to the figure who was blocking his favorite tv show.

“Where are you going?” he pushed himself to a sitting position. Taeyeon’s eyes roamed up and down, memorizing her curves that her dress complimented. Jessica rolled her eyes as she saw a grin grow on her best friend’s lips.

“I have a date, ByunTaeyeon!” she stated with both hands landing on her hips.

Taeyeon broke into a toothy grin as he continued to eye the flawless latter in front. Her short, red strapless dress really did compliment the shape her body flexed. Her brown lavished hair framed her sharp, fox-like face; Everything about her was absolutely perfect. Taeyeon’s grin, however, disappeared quickly as the thought of another man gauging at his best friend during their date came to mind.

Who was she going on a date with? Was it that reptile looking guy in their Business Management class that was constantly hitting on his best friend? Taylor? Tyler? He didn’t remember, nor cared. It did get him a bit agitated to see such undeserving men going on dates with his best friend. Was he jealous? Of course not, more like over protective over his best friend.   

“You shouldn’t wear such tight and revealing clothings.” He reached for the remote to turn off the television.

Jessica rolled her eyes once again. “Drop me off.”

“What type of guy doesn’t pick his date up?  A douche, that's what he is.” he spoke, simply ignoring her request.

Jessica picked up the closest pillow and threw it at her best friend’s face.

“Kim Taeyeon! Drop me off, now! N.O.W!”

“Tell your date to pick you up.”

“Drop me off, right now! Or else..” She threw her famous glare.

“Or else what?” he scooted himself to the edge of the couch. Jessica saw him his eyebrows upwards, something she noticed when Taeng wanted a challenge.

Jessica seductively made her way to where he was sitting, hips purposely swaying left to right. She let out a soft chuckle when she saw her best friend swallow, trying to contain his excitement. She bent down eye level to the young man on the couch, however, she noticed his eyes locked on her mounds that were peeking out from her dress. She caught herself rolling her eyes, once again.

Jessica placed her index finger under his chin, tipping his head slowly. Taeng's eyes locked with hers.

“Or else I’m going to tell Yul and Tiffany you walked into their make out session and used them to .”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

It was Jessica’s turn to her eyebrows, not forgetting to add a cute smirk.

“Ughhhh!” Taeyeon threw himself onto the couch, tossing and turning, flimsy arms thrown in the air.

“Grow up Taeyeon!” she expressed her disgust from his childish action. “Now, let’s go. I’m going to be late.” she attempted to pull her best friend off the couch.

“When are you ever on time?” Taeyeon snorted, resulting Jessica to slap his shoulder.

The young man playfully hissed as he made his way to the bathroom.

“Where are you going?” Jessica asked, thick annoyance layered her tone of voice.

“Princess” he said sarcastically, “Give me at least five minutes to get ready. I need to look presentable when meeting your date, don’t I?”

Taeng let out a hearty laugh when he heard his best friend groan.

***

“So who’s the lucky fella?” Taeng asked when they reached a red light.

“Huh?”

“You know” he cleared his throat, “Your date?”

“Ohh. You know Tyler from our Business Management class, right?”

The babyfaced driver unconsciously tightened his grip on the steering wheel. Taeng exhaled sharply before nodding.

“I’m kind of nervous, to be honest.” Jessica softly shared, watching the city lights dimly glow pass from the passenger's window.

Taeyeon adverted his attention to the passenger on the right. “You shouldn’t be. You look beautiful.” Taeng immediately voiced out, not forgetting to show his dimpled smile.

Jessica warmly smiled back.

***

Taeyeon decided to park his car as Jessica’s date was nowhere to be seen. Jessica said she was fine and could wait for Tyler by herself, but Taeng insisted on waiting with her.

“Are you sure he said to meet you here at 7pm?” Taeyeon checked his watch, it was almost 7:40.

Jessica nodded after re-checking the text Tyler sent when he asked her out on a date.

Taeyeon snatched Jessica's phone and dialed the lizard’s number. As expected, it went straight to voicemail. “What a , seriously! You don’t deserve this, Sica.”

Taeng let out a sigh when he noticed Jessica sitting there silently with her head lowered, a habit of Jessica’s when she felt vulnerable. Taeng took a deep breath before stepping out of his car.

His action instantly caught Jessica’s attention. She watched Taeng exit his vehicle, only to make his way to her side of the car. She watched him open her door before offering his hand.

“Go on this date with me.” He said after clearing his dry throat. His hand still out in front, trembling with fear.  

“Huh?” Jessica looked up, confusion written clearly on her face. She didn’t know if she heard the young man correctly. Date?

Taeyeon felt his heart wanting to burst out of his chest that very second. Why was he so nervous? This was his best friend. They did everything together, they knew of each other's secrets, they knew each other all too well, so why was he nervous?

Maybe, he wanted the best for Jessica. He didn't want to make himself look foolish because he knew Jessica deserved so much more.

When no words were able to come out of his mouth, he gently reached his hand closer to her, hoping she’d get the message.

After what felt like a lifetime, he felt a smaller hand fit perfectly into his. He couldn’t help but smile when assisting her out of his car.

“Jessica” Taeng clearly spoke before she could say anything, “What Tyler did...” he shook his head, not wanting to think about the lizard; Tyler wasn’t worth his time. “You deserve so much more, Sica. You- I.” Taeyeon stuttered.

Jessica realized what Taeyeon's intentions were. She was fighting the urge to smile, as she spotted her hands still being held by her best friends. She decided it was best to let Taeng continue, of course, with a little bit of teasing. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon took another deep breath. “You look extremely beautiful tonight. Really.”

Jessica found herself blushing, a smile making its way to her lips. She noticed Taeyeon was very good with his words, especially when it came to compliments. He always knew what to say.

Her actions doesn’t go unnoticed and Taeng took it as a sign to continue.

“I want you to go on this date with me.” he smiled.

“Why?”

“Because..”

Jessica raised an eyebrow, patiently waiting for an answer.

“Well, I’m dressed up. And so are you. We shouldn’t put our hard work in trying to look y go to waste.”

Taeng laughed at his own humor. “I’m kidding, Sica. But not about you looking y. Honestly though, go on this date with me." he said confidently. "You deserve better."

"You're getting way too cheesy, Taengoo." she cooed

"I just- I hate seeing you hurt."

She was speechless, touched by the young man's sincerity. All she could do was smile warmly. Taeyeon noticed the brunette's sudden change of mood, "So, Go on this date with me?"

Jessica nodded.

"Okay."

“Okay?”

“What’s with the tone of surprise?” Jessica giggled cutely.

“It’s just-” he shook his head. “It’s nothing.” A smile appeared on his face. “Shall we go, then?” he tilted his head towards the restaurant. Jessica nodded.

Making their way to the main entrance, both noted their fingers were still intertwined with each others. Unconsciously, a smile crept its way to both their lips. When Jessica's eyes met Taeyeon’s, she blushed, realizing that Taeyeon had been looking at her this entire time. Taeyeon smiled at her, tighten his grip for reassurance.

"Thank you, Taengoo " She said under her breathe.

However, Jessica didn't know that Taeyeon overheard her gratefulness. "What are friends for." He whispered blissfully.

Being the gentlemen that he was, Taeyeon opened the door of the restaurant for his date. They shared a knowing look that only they understood.



BWAHAHAHHAHAAHA! HAA-HA-ha..ha. Way too cheesy, wasn't it? (I'm so embarrassed) I'm gonna run away now.  

But, I'm finally BACK! Sorry for the long wait! I didn't have any motivation to write the past couple of months. 
It's slowly coming back tho.. hehe
Anyways, hope you enjoyed! & I'll see you all again, real soon!