Miss Right

I Found You

“Tomorrow’s the big day for Jin hyung and Yeonseo” V reminded.

“As much as I hate the plan, I gotta wish the both of you good luck” Namjoon patted me and Jin on the shoulders.

Tomorrow’s revenge plot doesn’t involve tripping Nam Shik in school or smashing his face with baking ingredients. Tomorrow is our graduation night and we will all be dressing up in formal wear. Even though we will be coming to the ballroom together, Jin and I will be coming as a couple. Keeping in mind that Nam Shik stole Jin’s girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend), we wanted to see how the deceiving couple would react when they saw us together.

“I agree with Namjoon hyung, I hate the plan” Jimin glared at Jin.

“Yeonseo should be coming to graduation day with me” Hoseok sighed adorably.

“Yah, yah. Yeonseo has agreed to dance with me after dancing with Jin” Yoongi self-proclaimed.

“I’m third!” Namjoon announced.

“Fourth!” Jungkook followed.

“Stop!”I raised both hands in the air. Everyone turned to me.

“We have not picked our clothes yet” I reminded them.

“,”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that”

“I know a place that sells tuxedos and dresses!”

With that, the 8 of us set off to the place V recommended.

The boutique has a wide variety of choices for teenagers like us. We spent almost an hour just picking and trying on different formal wears. I tried on an elegant champagne coloured dress and fell in love with it instantly.

“Is this.. okay?” I awkwardly walked out of the dressing room to where the boys are admiring their own tuxedos on a gigantic mirror.

“Okay? You look amazing” Hoseok emphasized on the last word.

“I can see sparkles” Jungkook dazed.

“Will you accept this dance, my princess?” Jin held out a hand. At that point of time, he really look like a charming prince with his tux on.

“Don’t accept!”I could hear V’s voice.

“I think I’m more suitable to be Yeonseo’s partner for prom” Yoongi admired himself in the mirror.

“Yeah right” Namjoon scoffed.

Just as I was about to place my hand in Jin’s hand, Jimin intervened.

“Let’s go, my princess” Jimin took my hand instead.

“Yah, get lost” Jin pulled him off and possessively dragged me away.

~~

The time now is 5.59pm and we are behind time for our grand entrance at Graduation Night. We immediately set off in our limousine as soon as my driver arrived. I could feel my heart beating as we got nearer to our destination. Jin gently held my hand and gave me an encouraging smile. I relaxed a little and managedarrow-10x10.png a smile in return.

The whole school would be shocked to see me and Jin walking in hand in hand. In their eyes, they would never expect me to even talk to them; the people that Park Nam Shik bullied. But I was ready to surprise them, especially that jerk and his girl toy he cheated me with. I had enough of his lame excuses whenever I asked him if he was free to go out.

“Here goes nothing..” I mumbled, getting out of the stretched limo.

Jin held out his arm and I hooked mine with his.

“Smile” Jin softened, slightly nudging me. His smile immediately washed my uneasiness away.

Indeed, we earned glances and whispers from our schoolmates and became the centre of attention. The 8 of us headed casually to the refreshment table and talked like usual while drinking and taking a bite.

“Target spotted with the cunning near the stage” V reported like a secret agent.

“Are they looking our way?” I checked with him.

“Yes, positive” he nodded.

“I guess it’s time for us to dance?” Jin grinned, holding out his hand like he did at the boutique the day before.

It took me a while before I placed my hand in his, keeping my cool. We sashayed through the crowd and into the dance floor and started swaying our bodies along to the slow song.

“You’re a natural in this. I’m impressed” Jin acknowledged my swaying skills, chuckling.

“Yah, are you underestimating me?” I joked, breaking into a smile.

“You got me as your partner for the big night, that’s why you’re good” Jin laughed but at the same time pulling me slightly closer to him, closing the gap between us. We are practically hugging but facing each other, with his hands around my waist and mine around his neck. Our faces too close that if we were to move an inch closer, our nose would be touching.

“You’re gorgeous” Jin whispered huskily after a moment of silence and looking at each other’s eyes.

“You too” I blushed.

“I never thought I would say this, but I’m glad Hani cheated on me with Nam Shik” he confessed.

“Why is that so?” I questioned.

“Because if that never happened, I would never find you” he replied. I beamed.

“And I would never get to fall in love with the amazing girl right in front of my eyes” his gaze inviting me to gaze back at him.

“I’m glad I found you too” I shyly confessed. Jin smiled the widest smile.

At that moment, something unplanned was about to happen. We stopped swaying. Jin cupped my chin and bent down to kiss me. Our lips touched for the first time. Even though this is not my first kiss, I felt that this is my first right kiss. It felt as if everything is in place.