Chapter 1

And it's wrong, wrong, wrong (He can hardly wait)

Jongin knocked three times on the large wooden door, waiting until he heard a ‘Come in’ before he pushed it open. He walked in front of the desk swiftly, and the man in the chair finished signing a sheet of paper before looking up.

“Sit down, son.” The man, Jongin’s father, gestured for him to take the seat behind him and he quickly obliged.

“What did you want to talk to me about?” Jongin asked, straight to the point. He was eager to get back to organising the next arms shipment – he had left Baekhyun on his own and while he was more than capable Jongin liked to be present for these things.

Woochul leaned back slightly in his chair, giving Jongin a calculating look. Jongin had seen it enough times in his life to know he probably wasn’t going to like what he had to say. “As you are well aware, as the head of EXO I, and my family, come under constant scrutiny. Weakness is not something we can afford if we wish to keep our rule absolute.”

Jongin nodded. “I know that. What do you need me to do?”

“You need to get a mate.”

For a brief moment, Jongin’s composed exterior faltered in shock, but he was quick to mask it. “Father, you know that I don’t want to-”

“I am well aware of your aversion to mating, but with the police investigations gaining footing and the unrest in GG territory we need to show strength. And frankly, I can’t do that with people questioning my son’s seriousness about EXO because he seem to be unable to find an omega willing to let him bite them.” His voice was hard and firm, and Jongin knew he shouldn’t argue – he was the boss for a reason – but this was his life, and he didn’t want a mate.

“Father, that’s not the problem. Plenty are willing but-” he started, but was quickly shut off by the other man’s voice, slightly louder than it was before.

“Well if that’s true then you will have no problem bringing a mated omega to me by Friday. Understand?”

Jongin gritted his teeth, knowing he could never go against his father. “Yes. I understand.”

Woochul sighed slightly. “Look, if worst comes to worst just keep it around until this settles down. If you don’t want it you can always get rid of it, right?”

There was a glint in his eyes that had Jongin nodding curtly and excusing himself from the room. He tapped a few numbers into his phone as he walked down the hall and the dial tone was soon ringing in his ear, stopping after one ring.

“Jinri, I need you to send me a list of the best omegahouses in town.” He ordered curtly. “Also bring a car up the front.”

“Will do sir, when do you need those?”

“Both right now.”

“Certainly sir.”

He hung up and gripped his phone tightly, pressing the button on the elevator to take him to the ground floor of EXO’s headquarters building. Once the doors shut he allowed himself a moment to groan quietly. An omega – this was going to be a nuisance.

 

+++++

 

Joonmyeon his little brother’s soft brown hair away from his forehead, trying to soothe his nerves. The boy was curled into his side, his head buried into Joonmyeon’s shoulder and his hands fisted into his shirt. He knew how scared the boy must be – he was feeling the same way, the both of them facing the prospect of being sold for the first time. Joonmyeon was aware how rare it was for an omega as beautiful as Sehun to reach sixteen without being sold. They had the previous owner of their omegahouse to thank for that. The pair had been brought to the house when Joonmyeon was six (Sehun was three), and the owner had taken an immediate liking to them. Seeing how close the brothers were, and how badly they reacted to being separated, he had made sure they were never placed in an auction where it was almost certain they would end up with different owners.

However, about a week ago the owner’s debts had caught up to him, and he was forced to sell the house. The new manager, a thin middle aged woman, was far less kind than him, and she made it explicitly clear that the siblings were going into the next auction.

Although, an auction was not what they were faced with now. Word had spread that morning that Kim Jongin, heir to EXO, one of the largest and most powerful criminal organisation in Asia, was looking for an omega. The owner of their house had gone into a frenzy, demanding all omegas to be washed and dressed in clean clothes immediately.

“Don’t be nervous now, Sehun.” One of the beta carers had said, as she worked on a simple braid along the side of his head. “Everything will be fine.”

The young boy had glanced at Joonmyeon anxiously, who had a lady putting a small twist on the side of his hair. Joonmyeon could do nothing but smile reassuringly and reach out to tap him on the nose. “You look beautiful, Hunna.” He hadn’t been lying; the simple white tunics always seemed to hang off Sehun’s lean frame like they were custom made, and with his pale skin scrubbed clean of any dirt he really looked like an angel. Sehun had smiled and grabbed at Joonmyeon’s hand to lace their fingers together.

“You always look beautiful, Myun.” He had replied in a small voice, and Joonmyeon resisted the urge to argue. Everybody knew that Sehun was the pretty one. Not that Joonmyeon minded, of course. He was more than proud of how gorgeous his baby brother was.

The same baby brother that was now whimpering slightly as people rushed around them making last minute preparations. They had apparently received a call saying Kim Jongin had left the last omegahouse and his car was headed their way.

“What if they take you away?” Sehun whispered, and Joonmyeon really had no idea how to answer. If they were separated it would tear him apart and he knew Sehun would feel the same. Instead of replying he wrapped both arms around him and pulled him closer to his chest.

The moment was cut short when a yell rang out from outside the room, and one of the beta carers stuck their head inside, shouting “He’s here!” excitedly before darting back out.

Joonmyeon could feel the tension in the room as the betas directed them to stand at the foot of their bed, facing toward the middle of the room. He pulled Sehun to his feet, stopping to grip his shoulders tightly. “No matter what, just remember I love you, okay Hunnie?”

The younger boy’s eyes filled with tears and he nodded quickly. “I love you too.” He bent down quickly and hugged Joonmyeon tightly to his chest, his long body swallowing him whole.

“Come on you two, time to move.” A beta called out sharply, and Joonmyeon pulled back reluctantly, moving towards the end of his bed. “Sehun, go to your own bed.”

Joonmyeon hadn’t even realised his brother was behind him and he turned around quickly. “Sehuna, can you stand at your own bed for me?”

Sehun bit his lip, a small frown coming over his features. Joonmyeon was about to speak but was interrupted again by the beta.

“Sehun! Don’t be difficult.” When he still didn’t move, she gritted her teeth with a scowl. She opened , clearly about to give him a scolding but was interrupted by the door opening and the omegahouse owner’s voice drifting in.

“And these are my best omegas.” The woman walked inside waving a hand in a nervous manner, and was followed by who Joonmyeon assumed was the infamous Kim Jongin, flanked by a short but fierce looking man. The man was devastatingly attractive, with high cheekbones and full lips, and his sharp suit hugged what appeared to be a lean figure, but Joonmyeon knew better than to think of it as weak. The son of a mafia boss was anything but weak. His cold eyes scanned over the omegas opposite to Joonmyeon, and he felt Sehun’s shaking hand slip into his, his grip tight – not that Joonmyeon’s was light either. “Our young omegas like Hana here are obviously rather expensive, but our older ones like Joonmyeon here” her hand gestured towards the boy in question, “will be a bit less.”

The man’s eyes flicked towards Joonmyeon, and he stilled, gazing intensely in their direction. Joonmyeon’s breath caught in his throat and knew his hold on Sehun’s hand would be painful by now, but he also knew that Jongin had seen the younger boy and was going to take him away and he had no idea what to do.

The owner, not seeming to have noticed Jongin’s stare, had continued babbling on about various omegas, but was quickly cut off by the man’s firm voice. “How much?”

The woman stopped, looking back at Jongin and then where his eyes were trained. “Oh! Excellent choice…”

That was all Joonmyeon heard though, and he squeezed his eyes shut, willing himself not to cry. He felt a nudge from Sehun and saw him looking down at him with an unreadable expression. He looked back towards the man and almost let out a sob when he saw him walking towards them. Just before he reached out, Joonmyeon felt a surge of desperation, and he whispered out a pained, “Please don’t take him.”

Jongin frowned at him, before he raised an eyebrow. “What are you talking about? You’re coming too.”

Joonmyeon stared at him in confusion. “W-what?”

“I’m taking you both.”

 

 

 

 

AN

The end of that was in the foreword so my apologies if you already read it 

But also like....... thank you for actually reading this chapter and all it's mediocre glory

Anywho nanite lovely hahaha im gonna go and sleep and hide

xxxx