chapter 14

Let Me Be Your Drug

It’s been a couple months since the incident happened; the war between cops and the drug dealers.

 

 

Taecyon and Soojin didn’t run the business often, since they had a lot of competitors in New York City. But, over that moment, not even a day Jessica, nor Taeyeon didn’t miss at each other.

 

 

For Taeyeon, the thought of continuing his job as a cop, or being a spy and cheated other people again was enough for him. It’s just kept him mesmerized of how people easily trusted on his words, but then, he crushed those thing with betrayed them.

 

 

Taeyeon, as a new person, was an owner of TaengSic Restaurant. Not everyone knows why he selected the restaurant’s name that way. But, for Sunny and Jiyoung, they absolutely knew it.

 

 

The reason why Taeyeon choose this job also, because of her…

 

 

He still remembered what she told him when everything was going on for what they have planned.

 

 

“Taengoo… After this all come to an end, can we open a restaurant? I wanna make a legal money, for us…”

 

 

“But, why open up a restaurant?”

 

 

“I like cooking…”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Promise…?”

 

 

“I promise…”

 

 

The memories of their past just makes Taeyeon forget about his surrounding.

 

 

For the other side, Jessica, she finally can rest for those rubbish job, since her parents knows about her pregnant.

 

 

Luckily, Soojin still have her commiseration towards Jessica and help her daughterto take care of her, while Taecyon, almost wanted to shoot Jessica’s stomach, kill the other  heart beating inside her.

 

 

Slowly, Taecyon started to forget about Taeyeon’s fault, and ready to wait for his future grandchild. But still, his ego defeated his kind heart. taecyon still didn’t want to see Taeyeon, and of course, didn’t let Jessica be with him.

 

 

It’s not just about his ego and pride, but an evil advice from his trusted minion, Donghae and Sungmin. They’re the one who told Taecyon to kept running the business.

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah, someone wanted to meet you…” one of Taeyeon’s employee that already used to just called her boss name, Hyomin snapped his dreamland.

 

 

“Ah…? Who…?” Taeyeon asked, rubbing his forehead.

 

 

“Your friends, of course…” she answered shortly.

 

 

“Owh, okay… Find them a good sit first. I’ll go later…”

 

 

Eventhought the kitchen was so chaos with his cooker cooking the long listed order, he still can having a dreamland, Hyomin thought.

 

 

Few moments later, Taeyeon came out from the kitchen. The business indeed very good. Lots of customers kept coming to his small but nice restaurant.

 

 

Taeyeon’s sharp eyes searching for his best friends, then he saw the known figures, excluding one person. He slowly approaching them.

 

 

“Hye, Taeyeon…!” Sunny and Jiyoung merger said, as same as Seo Hyun and Suzy said but adding one word for him, “Hye, Taeyeon oppa…!”

 

 

Taeyeon took his sit at the middle of them, while looking at the quite person, just kept lower her head down, looking to her lap.

 

 

“Hey… You guys didn’t go to work today?”

 

 

“Are you moron now for just kept counting lots of money? It’s lovely Sunday evening…” Sunny answered, earning glare from Taeyeon.

 

 

“Ooops…” Jiyoung said, teasing his other senior.

 

 

“Yah…! I just forgot about the day… Anyway, so…?” Taeyeon didn’t continued his words, but he look at Sunny, with who-is-she look.

 

 

“Owh… Introduce, she’s my cousin from Los Angeles, Hwang Stephanie… She’s a cop, too, transferred from there, two days ago…”

 

 

Slowly, she looked at Taeyeon, bending forward her hand closer to Taeyeon, and Taeyeon politely took her hand.

 

 

“H-hye… Just call me Tiffany…” she said, and took back her hand, back to her position.

 

 

“Anyway, Taeyeon… Chief invited us to his birthday party tomorrow night…”

 

 

“Isn’t he’s too old for that kind of stuff…?” Taeyeon said jokingly.

 

 

“Yah… Why are you talking like that to him…? He’s the one who took care of us back then, you silly…”

 

 

The others just chuckled towards the conversation between these two midget.

 

 

Taeyeon just giving him repartee smile. He still remembered how hardly Mr Eric took care of them when he was with the other trainees that same batch as him during their training years.

 

 

“So, you wanna go, sunbae-nim?” Jiyoung asked.

 

 

“I don’t know… I’m not the one of you anymore, remember?” Taeyeon said, with his lower voice.

 

 

“Yes, you’re not one of us anymore, but you’re our senior… Come on, he will be happy to meet you again. It’s been a few moment he didn’t meet you, nor the other colleagues… They really miss you, Taeyeon-ah…” Sunny tried to convinced his best friend.

 

 

“Aigoo, this midget… Okay, I’ll go…”

 

 

“Great…!” the others also said.

 

 

 

Sunny’s POV;

 

Luckily, he accepted it. I know, it’s not gonna make him forget even for a while about his unreachable love with Jessica, but at least, he will relax himself. He’s having too much tension, still about the unforgetable incident.

 

 

But for me, it’s like Taeyeon passing his happiness to me, and I found my true love. For the first time in my life, I found someone that really accepted me for who I am. Yes, she’s none other than Seo Hyun.

 

 

[Flashback;

 

“Hye… Good morning, Sunny ssi…”

 

 

I heard a cute voice calling out my name from the peak of the half opened hospital room’s door. Slowly, she’s approaching me while I fixed my sit and faced my back to the bed board.

 

 

It’s really lighten my day. How can I not getting bored, even I have stay here since eight days ago, without Taeyeon visiting me often? He was too busy searching any information about Jessica.

 

 

He once told me, about he got tracked Donghae’s phone, but he didn’t told me that whether he went to find them or not. Maybe, he’s a little bit worried that Jessica will got harm by her own father.

 

 

“So, how’s your beautiful morning, Sunny ssi…?”

 

 

“Ah… Good, good… Y-you?” I’m a little bit stuttered with her closeness with me right now. She sat beside me, while checking me, worried about my condition yet I’m getting better under her cares.

 

 

“Well, not too much… Here, I brought you a breakfast, to fill your empty stomach… You didn’t eat last night…” she said.

 

 

How I’m thankful for sending this beautiful angel who always taking care of me. But seriously, I’m over thought about her. Of course she’s taking care all of her patience. Haish, how upset I am right now.

 

 

“Thanks… I don’t have much appetite last night, since this day, it’s been eight days my friend didn’t come to visit me… Where is he right now, I really don’t know…” I said, while playing the brocolli with my fork.

 

 

“I’m pretty sure, he really busy right now… He once told me, to take care of you for him…”

 

 

“He came, not on my realisation before this…?” I spoke, annoyed with Taeyeon’s behaviour. How can he told a girl to took care of me, and not him, my best friend? He must have something on this thought about this.

 

 

“He came late at night. I don’t know what happened to him, but it’s like he didn’t get enough sleep…”

 

 

Both of us silent for a while. The food still didn’t went to my mouth. Once again, the appetite didn’t want my stomach to win today.

 

 

“Sunny ssi, urm…” she suddenly spoke, but I saw a pink tinge appeared on her cheek.

 

 

“Please, just Sunny… What is it?” I spoke, with my warmest tone.

 

 

“Okay, S-Sunny… Urm… You don’t have someone special to visit you, other than your friend? Y-you know what I mean, right?” she’s looking to the floor, looks like it’s really interesting than looking at me.

 

 

“I don’t… I don’t think so someone willing to be my special one…”

 

 

Gosh, such an awkward situation… Someone please save me from this scene. I wanna puke with my own cheesy words.

 

 

“Before you get out from here, can I…” she stopped.

 

 

“Yes, can you…?”

 

 

“C-can I get y-your phone number…?”

 

 

Wow… Is she giving me a hope or something…? I hope so. I’ve been a single man since kid.

 

 

“Y-yeah… Sure, why not?”

 

End of flashback]

 

 

Started from the day I got out from the hospital, we never lost contact. If not me who didn’t busy, I’m the one who disturbed her, and if she’s one who didn’t busy, she will disturbed me.

 

 

The friend relationship became upgraded to the next level after a month we’re close. We kept meet at each other, and I know she was the only daughter of her parents.

 

 

Her father was a doctor, one of the doctor that I finally know who saved my life, and her mother also a nurse, a very kind and elegance nurse among the other nurse as same age as her. Now, I know how Seo Hyun got this beautiful genetic.

 

 

Talking about my cousin now, she just transferred from Los Angeles, cause her father also transferred here and will be our new chief, replacing Mr Eric, cause he will hoist at Jeonju.

 

 

I don’t know but, seems like she likes Taeyeon. she kept tossed at her sit, looking straightly to her lap all the time since she met Taeyeon just few minutes ago.

 

 

“Anyway, Taeyeon-ah, do you have your time with us after this…?” I asked, tried to lighten our gathering moment inside this chaos restaurant.

 

 

“I don’t know… Seems like I need to get rest for a while. Why?”

 

 

“Don’t you wanna go with us to go shopping, maybe…?” Jiyoung interrupted, since he knows, Suzy likes to go to shopping.

 

 

Jiyoung also same like me. When Taeyeon deprived someone he really loves other than his bestie, he kept passing his happiness to someone else, including Jiyoung.

 

 

Just a few days we’re at hospital, Jiyoung and Suzy came to visit me, together, and I still don’t know how they got together. As I know, Jiyoung was such a shy little boy.

 

 

“I’m too tired to walk around… But, I’ll make my time to go to Mr Eric’s party tomorrow…” Taeyeon said, politely rejected our invitation.

 

 

“Okay, then… But, can you please send Tiffany to her house, since we’ll straightly go to our main destination…?” I purposely asked for his help, since Tiffany didn’t like to go shopping too.

 

 

“What…? No, it’s okay, oppa… I’ll get a taxi…”

 

 

“No… I’ll be fine with it…” Taeyeon giving Tiffany a very honest smile, which making her blushing so hard.

 

 

Wow… Another start for his new romance, maybe…?

 

 

“Thanks, Taeyeon… You really someone I can depend on… Anyway, come on, Jiyoung-ah… We need to go now…” I said, living both of them at the big gap of space between them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

= hey everyone who’s viewing for my babbling here… to tell you guys, my cousin gave me her story gazilion stories (which just five of them, hehehe) for me to published another story. hopefully you guys like it. But not too soon, cause I will surely published the story right after I finished this one. Don’t forget to always support me for the rest of the chapter… Yeay… I got a present from someone today, from my oldest brother… A purple headphone…! How I love purple color… Anyway, who likes or fans for Seo In Guk oppa…? Oh gosh… He’s hunky hot…! I wanna know the news more detail, did Sunny unnie really dating with In Guk oppa…? I already asked my cousin, but she’s also not so sure with it… Someone…?

 

Next chapter… :

“Come on… I’ll send you home…” *Taeyeon

“I know, some of you might know one of my friend, actually, really can sing very well…” *Sunny

“Sunny ssi… It’s her…” *Shindong