001.

When Needed

 

 

 

a/n: I am now catboy trash.

The first part is in the present tense, while the second part is in the past. 
I had actually not realized I had done this, and I'm too lazy to fix it. Forgive me.
Enjoy!

 

 


2,077 words;

 

 

 

    

 

 

 

     Jackson hates it when Mark brings his catboy, Jinyoung, with him when he decides to visit. Don't get him wrong Jackson loves Jinyoung, they are close friends just like him and Mark are. Outgoing, cuddly and affection are a few words Jackson would use to describe Mark's companion. Which is why Jackson can’t stand watching them snuggling and being playful in the same room as him. 

 

    It made him envious that his own catboy, Jaebum, wasn't the same way. Jackson and Jaebum have been together for a couple years now and while Jackson openly adores Jaebum, sometimes he feels like his half feline friend doesn’t feel the same way. 

 

    Jaebum is a beautiful creature, sharp features with a long white fluffy tail that coincides with large pointed ears. Jackson is always receiving compliments on Jaebum when they are in public. He may hear compliments on Jaebum's beauty, but not so much on his personality. People usually ask if they can pet Jaebum (which Jackson never really got why they just didn't ask Jaebum himself, but that's another subject). Jackson most of the time replies with a "no". Jaebum doesn't like a lot of contact. It annoys Jaebum beyond belief, especially strangers messing up his fur with their dirty hands. 

 

    Jaebum likes to be alone, he’s a very independent kind of being. Jaebum rarely even sits next to - let alone allows Jackson to hold him close when he feels needy. 

 

    He really does come off as a cold and crude cat. Yet, Jackson knows no matter how Jaebum acts he has a sweet and warm side as well. Jackson sees this every time a random child on the street comes running full force at the other lad, very excited and trying to pet Jaebum without permission. Though he would never let a fully grown human touch him, Jaebum lets the children have their way with him, no qualms about it. Even if they pull on his tail or scratch too hard on accident, no matter the issue or incident he never once snapping at them. Instead he puts on a small show, smiling cutely and sometimes letting out a purr for their entertainment. 

 

    Jackson loves it when Jaebum shows his cute side. Jackson hates to admit it, but it he also finds himself becoming jealous during those moments. Why couldn’t Jaebum always be like that around him? Did he not like Jackson anymore? It bothered him.

 

    Especially now that Mark and Jinyoung are being positively adorable on the floor. Mark scratching behind Jinyoung’s ear, in that perfect spot causing Jinyoung to grin widely in content leaning into Mark as he lets out a soft purr. It’s so fluffy, it makes Jackson sick!

    Jackson turns his attention to the occupant of the other side of the couch. A movie is playing, but Jaebum had decided that he rather finish a book he was currently reading. Jaebum loves movies, so why did he decide he’d rather read? Seriously, he is so confusing!

 

    Jinyoung is beginning to purr louder as Mark chuckles cheerfully and Jackson can’t take it anymore! That is that! Jackson moves over a little (across the entire couch) to be closer to Jaebum. Of course Jaebum see or acknowledge Jackson’s presence. How rude. Jackson tries to nudge Jaebum to subtlety get his attention, but to no avail. Trying another approach Jackson reached up to pet Jaebum’s head. Instead of being precious and into it like Jinyoung was, Jaebum in turn flinches away from Jackson giving him a disgruntled noise. 

 

    “I want to pet you,” Jackson whispers with a slight whine, furrowing his eye brows with a pout. 

 

    Jaebum doesn’t look up at Jackson and simply tells him, “Not now.” Jackson huffs and rolled his eyes like the mature adult he is, “Whatever,” he muttered.

 

    Plopping himself back in his original spot on the couch, Jackson folds his arms as he is highly annoyed. Jackson wants to block out the lovey dove fest below him and watch the movie- ALONE! Still, he’s so envious of Mark and Jinyoung’s relationship. They seem so close. Jackson and Jaebum are close… Or so he thought. 

 

    Sighing silently while resting his chin on in his palm and watched the movie, not really paying attention to what was actually happening in it. His mind too busy fluttering with thoughts that were making him sad. 

 

    Maybe Jackson did something wrong and that’s why Jaebum was stand offish with him. But then again, Jackson was always annoying Jaebum so it was nothing new. 


    Maybe Jaebum is just tried of him… Maybe Jaebum didn’t enjoy Jackson’s company anymore and rather him stay away. 

 

    It hurt to think like that. He didn’t want to think like that, but how could he not. Jaebum meant so much to Jackson and it seems as if he is the only one of the two to feel that way.

 

    Peering over longingly to Jaebum who was still bury in that book. Jackson wants to stay positive, to not just assume things. He manages a small smile. Thinking that later might be a better for them to spend time together, they would also be alone too.

 

    Still, he kept shifting his gaze right back to Jaebum, wanting to be closer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Jackson barged through the front door of his apartment, slamming it forcefully behind him. He was so angry, so blinded by rage that he stormed straight towards his bedroom without even stopping when Jaebum called out to him from the living room.


    “Jackson?” Jaebum questioned as soon as he heard the echo of the door, “You okay?” He followed with as Jackson practically ran past him.

    Jackson didn’t want to talk, he only wanted to go to bed. He threw his bedroom door closed it the same way, not caring of causing trouble with his neighbors. They could off. Everyone could off. He pulled off his shoes tossing them roughly where ever along with his jacket. He was so furious, everything he did was with bitter anger even lifting up his covers so he could crawl inside. 

 

    Jackson was still fuming while trying to find a comfy position to lay down in. When he couldn’t find one he just settled for his left side. 

 

    The cussing and shouting in his head quickly subsided, while his stomach began to curl as his throat started to burn. Jackson felt himself start to cry, the tears prickling out even as he fought to hold them back. 

 

    He was hurt, so very hurt. The guy he had been seeing turned out to be a complete , sleeping around with other people telling them exactly the same things he’d been saying to Jackson. Like he was the only one for him and cheesy things like that. Jackson felt so stupid that he actually fell for the roos the guy put on. 

 

    The need to let it all out was strong, but it stubbornness was over powering. It was tiring trying to fight all of it back. He just didn’t understand how a person could be so cruel, to use people like he did. It wasn’t right. The only thing that made Jackson feel even a little better was that he got the chance to punch the before coming home. He figured thats where all his adrenaline.


    His chest felt tight as his head began to hurt with the pressure building in it. It’s not like he was heartbroken, the dude wasn’t worth nor hot enough for that. It was anger, like the nerve of that guy trying to use him. Jackson wanted to fall asleep angry and then let the negative feelings disperse in the morning, but his mind kept whirling with things he wished he said or done to that guy. Playing the scenarios over and over again, fueling the fire kept him up and didn’t help with stopping the tears coming.

 

    Jackson was so focused on the rage that when the bed dipped he nearly jumped out of his skin. He peered outside the blanket fortress he had made around himself, and was very surprised to see a familiar white tail being draped over him. Jackson hid deep within the blankets when he realized it was Jaebum, who was pushing himself gently up against Jackson’s back. 


    “Go away…” He said, it being muffled from the sheets, but Jaebum could still hear it with his sensitive ears.

 

    Jaebum placed his head where he believed Jackson’s would be, “Okay,” making no move to actually follow Jackson’s orders- typical. 

 

    Jackson wanted to move away from Jaebum’s touch, he wanted to brood alone in the dark all alone and Jaebum was ruining those plans. He was also defusing the furious fire he was feeling. Jaebum’s warmth along with his hand lightly rubbing a soothing figure eight at Jackson’s ribs was all too relaxing. With that the small tears that were pickling in the corners of his eyes began to turn into a stream down his cheeks. Jackson dug his face into his pillow, he didn’t want to be such a wimp, especially with Jaebum there. Jaebum has seen Jackson cry multiple times, but it was usually at like a sappy movie or something like that, never like this.

 

    “I want to be alone,” Jackson choked out, finding some kind of a voice. He was trying to get Jaebum to leave so he could wallow in self pity the right way.

 

    Jaebum hummed in response, continuing to Jackson’s side. Jackson was touched, any other time Jackson would tell Jaebum to go away the elder had no trouble with doing so. He couldn’t remember the last time Jaebum cuddled with him this way. His focus on the soon switched from the one that infuriated him to the one that was now calming him and making him unbelievably happy. Jaebum still liked him, he was still there when he needed him the most.


    Feeling Jaebum’s overwhelming comfort Jackson started to sob. He let out a few breathes that he finally let go of before he came out of his nest turning to tackle Jaebum into a hug. Jaebum didn’t even seem startled in the least. He wrapped his arms around Jackson who was sobbing face first into his chest, holding the younger closely. Feeling much better in Jaebum’s arms, Jackson closed his eyes enjoying the way he could hear Jaebum breathing in and out along with the soft thumping of his heart.

 

    Jackson’s eye’s soon felt heavy. He hadn’t realized how tired he was. As he sniffled and let whatever tears he had left fall, all the tension was drained from his body. Completely relaxed Jackson soon fell asleep as Jaebum continued to him lovingly while keeping watch over him.

 

    

 

    Jackson awoke the next morning feeling something very soft and fuzzy over his face. Lifting his head while brushing the unknown thing off his face with the back of his hand. He then was met with Jaebum’s smiling face close to his own. 

 

    “Good morning,” Jaebum said nonchalantly. Jackson felt Jaebum’s hands rubbing up and down his back lightly. It made Jackson want to fall back asleep.

 

    He placed his head back down on Jaebum’s chest, “Mm,” He sighed, “Why was your tail on my face?” Jackson questioned realizing that was kind of weird.

    Chuckling Jaebum answered him, “The sun was in your eyes and you kept complaining in your sleep,”

 

    Jackson blushed, well that’s kind of embarrassing, and buried his face into Jaebum’s sternum.

 

    Jaebum only continued to snicker at the grown man acting like a child before becoming a little more serious, “Are you feeling better?” Jaebum’s instincts were to always make sure Jackson was happy. He was displeased with Jackson crying like that last night.

 

    Jackson didn’t meet eyes with the other, simply shrugging with a, “Yeah.” Jackson did feel better honestly. Sometimes you just need a good cry. He still felt stupid though, which is the part that bothered him the most.

 

    “You sure?” Jaebum double checked.

    Jackson felt a lot better now that Jaebum’s sweet side was showing, it made him smile. He lifted his head once more to show Jaebum a grateful smile.

 

    “Yeah,” he nodded, and leaned forward to place a light kiss on Jaebum’s lips and as he pulled back he said a sincere, “Thank you.” 

 

    It was now Jaebum’s turn to place his own lips to Jackson’s, who was now blushing like mad, “Anytime you need me,” He grinned.