August 25 2012

Single Note

Xiumin bit his lower lip, keeping it stuck between his teeth as he watched the boy who stood in front of the class. The boy held his hands behind his back, his eyes scanned the complete room and a smile seemed to brighten the whole classroom. But what intruged Xiumin the most were the eyes of the boy. Even though he had a smile on his face, his eyes didn't smile along. They reflected something like a sadness, something very distant. And right that moment, Xiumin decided that he wanted to become close to the new boy. He leaned backwards on his chair, releasing his lip from his teeth as he watched the boy interested, his mouth a slight bit opened. He eyed his best friend Luhan who was sitting next to him and noticed that Luhan had been grinning at him all along. Xiumin rolled his eyes at Luhan and payed attention towards the front of the class again, only to find his other friend Baekhyun right in front of him, turned around to face him and also with a grin on his face. Xiumin rolled with his eyes at Baekhyun as well, but he couldn't stop the forming grin on his lips, so he tried to avoid the look of his friends as he looked around the classroom again. The whole class seemed to be talking about the new boy in the class, some students noticed the silent looks between Luhan, Xiumin and Baekhyun and a sigh of defeat went through the whole classroom, because if Xiumin had something in mind, he would do everything he could to get it. And this time it was a person. The new boy in class. Kim Jongdae.

The whole class fell silent as soon as the teacher walked in, took him a while since the headmaster had to go get him after dropping Kim Jongdae in front of the classroom and they all listened curiously to Kim Jongdae his story, about how he got here, from where he got here and something little about his age and his parents. The teacher pointed him to a seat, which was in front next to Huang Zitao, much to Xiumin his regret, and he saw how Kim Jongdae started to talk to him. If there was something which Zitao didn't like, then it would be someone talking to him before he said something to that person. A grin soon appeared on Xiumins face as he watched Jongdae talk to Wu Yifan, but it quickly faded when he saw Yifan turn his attention towards Jongdae and started to talk to him. They even shook hands. Xiumin scolded under his breath and huffed loudly, earning some weird look from his friends, but he decided to let Jongdae go for now. He would focus on him a little later. After class, during the lunch break.
The teacher hit his desk with the palm of his hand, making the whole class silent and he started his class. They were all from different ages, since this wasn't a normal school like others, but more one for kids with special backgrounds, some criminal, some violent, others were just struggling with depression or they couldn't keep up with normal classes in other schools due to their minds drifting off. But they all respected their teachers, well mostly they did, so they paid all their attention to the teacher. Xiumin kept shifting in his seat, forgetting to take the notes from the class as he kept eyeing Jongdae, earning a scowl from the teacher every now and then due to his attention drifting off everytime.

As soon as the class ended, they all got up and Xiumin turned his attention away from Jongdae for a moment, eyeing his talking friends Baekhyun and Luhan as he followed them towards the cafeteria where they sat down on their own table, packing out their lunches from their bags and Baekhyun chuckled when he saw Luhan curiously look around for a certain person. "Where is he?" Luhan asked impatiently with a whine in his voice. "Relax Lu. He will be around soon." Said Baekyun a bit harsh while he poked his food with his chopsticks before he started to eat. "But he is so laaaate! He is never late!" Continued Luhan to while and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Maybe he is at the toilet Luhan." he answered and looked up from his food, looking around as well, since he didn't want the older one to continue his whining. Xiumin didn't bother to interract with the two of them as he started to eat his food, looking down to it in deep thoughts. A loud squeel, coming out from Luhan his throat made him look up and he watched Luhan run to a boy with rainbow-colored hair. Said boy smile brightly as soon as he heard the squeel and opened his arms, catching and hugging Luhan as soon as he came into his reach. Xiumin turned silent when he saw that Tao and Jongdae were by the boy his side and he continued to stare at them. Luhan quickly released himself out of the boy his arms and kept hold on his hands, as the boy introduced him to Jongdae and Luhan nodded at him, tugging on the boy his hand, wanting the three of them to join him and the two others on their table as they made their way through the crowd. Baekhyun stared judging to the three who walked with Luhan towards the table while poking his food in annoyance. Luhan sat down, pulling the boy next to him and took another lunchpack out of his bag, shoving it in front of Luhan. Jongdae and Tao doubted for a moment before they each sat down as well. Jongdae sat down across Xiumin, next to Luhan, while Tao sat down next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun stared judging to the boy next to him and Tao looked as judging back at him, quickly earning a grin from Baekhyun when Baekhyun nodded in approval. "Alright guys." Said Luhan and pecked the rainbow-haired boy his cheek, causing the other to blush deeply. "This is Sehun. The guy for who I prepare lunch on a daily base." He then pointed at Tao. "That's our classmate Tao and the other is Jongdae." He then pointed at Baekhyun and Xiumin. "These two are Baekhyun and Xiumin." He introduced all of them to each other. Usually they would spend their lunchtime seperated, so they never had the chance to talk. Even though they knew each others names since most of them were in the same class, the introduction made it less awkward. "Please, do call me Chen." Spoke Jongdae up and brightly smiled. Xiumin looked up at him in surprise and then nodded with a smile. Luhan kept talking to Sehun, who simply looked down to his lunch while eating it and nodding as response to him. Tao on the other hand seemed to continue scan the cafeteria with his eyes, not touching his food as he looked for someone. Jongdae and Baekhyun ended up in a conversation about a lot of things, noticing that they were able to get along with more ease after a while. Xiumin just watched them while listening. When the bell rang to notify the ending of the lunchbreak they all got up, Luhan quickly pecked Sehun his lips and waved at him as Sehun and Tao quickly walked towards their class. Luhan hooked his arm around Xiumin his arm while walking towards their own class, where they all sat down on their own spots.

 



WAB note:
Table order during the lunch
Jongdae - Luhan - Sehun
[===================]
Xiumin - Baekhyun - Tao