final

yoongi high school oneshot request

it is one year until graduation, for you it sounds like a lot of time. but when you compare how you were 13 not too long ago and suddenly you're almost 18, you know one year is equivalent to three seconds on how you spend your time. when you were 14, you knew you had to work hard to apply for your first-choice university, and even though it was extremely difficult you were just on your way. you constantly told yourself nothing would get in your way, absolutely nothing.

 

"hey, hyung, you're coming to my party right?" except for jungkook, the one kid who lives right next door and is always coming over to invite you to hang out with his friends. you don't hate him or his friends, you don't even dislike them, considering they are sort of your friends as well, you'd just prefer if the younger understood that school always came first. that's why you're failing english you always told him, and all he did was shrug his shoulders as if it didn't matter.

 

you at your teeth in irritation because just as he came in you were on the brink of figuring out a tough math problem, "i'm kind of busy right now, jungkook."

 

"oh, come on, hyung!" he begins to whine, body flopping itself on your bed and rolling around in the most childish of ways. "come hang out with us, it'll be fun! the year is almost over anyway, what are you cramming for? it's not like it's your last year."

 

"you know, dude, i said the same thing when i was in middle school, and that's why i was in the same class as taehyung last year; they thought i was dumb."

 

"i'm telling taehyung-hyung you called him dumb."

 

you roll your eyes at him, and reluctantly set your pencil on your desk. there is no way jungkook is going to let you miss his party, after you missed yoongi's birthday party. it wasn't even your fault, it was either your ceremony at the math fair, or party it up with a bunch of boneheads. (not that you thought your friends were boneheads, persay, there were just times when you heavily questioned their sanity.)

 

he caught on to your giving in as you huff a breath and are out of your seat to get different attire on as a sense of defeat, and he claps his hands together excitedly, "yay! i'll tell everyone you're on your way! and that you're single and ready to mingle because seriously, hyung, you need to get laid-"

 

"get out of my room please!"

 

"going~"

 


 

upon leaving your house, you didn't expect to see a -ton of people at the party. of course, jungkook was very popular, and with his loud-mouthed friends, maybe you should've guessed that the second people hear the word party they're definitely going to be present. you wondered how your parents were even okay with you going to a party so close to exams. scratch that, you wondered how jungkook's parents were okay with throwing a party so close to exams. you will never understand the amount of freedom.

 

"there he is! i told you i convinced him!"

 

you should get a penny for how many times jungkook is able to get you to roll your eyes. "yeah yeah, the queen is here you may all worship my presence now."

 

jimin, one of your classmates, and jungkook's not-so-secret admirer, tsks at you, "what are you doing here though? this isn't your thing."

 

you shrug your shoulders, not wanting to admit you felt guilty that you have been trying to avoid hanging out with them. school comes first, you tell yourself, but you've actually never said it aloud for them to know that. seokjin, the eldest of your friends, puts an arm around you to bring you in close and announce, "who cares? let's just be happy he isn't sitting on his all day studying."

 

"yeah," namjoon says in the most blatant agreement, you think he and seokjin have a thing going on but the both of them are either a very subtle couple or friends not very good at not hiding their feelings for each other, "you're such a nerd."

 

you your teeth at that, biting back a retort because isn't he the top of their entire district at the moment? taking in all of their teasing, you've always known that you would be different from all of your friends and classmates; none of them were really as driven to go to a university the way you were. you treated this as a first priority, and you can see yoongi staring at you as if you don't notice him. maybe you shouldn't, considering he is one of the many reasons why you've found it hard to concentrate on anything academic. he isn't a bad guy, in fact every time he talks to you he is friendly, albeit at the end of every conversation you end up turning it into an argument, but that doesn't make him any less inapproachable. you don't have time for guys anyway, not the way your other friends do. they act like they love the single life, minus hoseok and taehyung, although they're in different grades supposedly they've been stuck to each other like glue since childhood. other than them, everyone else claim they're bachelors, rather than the words scared to have a relationship. they're young, you know that because you're young as well. you'll have plenty of time to find someone.

 

"oh god," jimin whispers with a smirk, "don't turn around, but it's daehyun."

 

you raise an eyebrow because daehyun is some older guy, a grade up from you, and from what others have been telling you, namely jimin and taehyung, daehyun has had a thing for you lately. you're not interested in him, not because he's horrible or anything, you're just not looking for anybody and he's not an exception. but you try your best to not seem annoyed as he approaches your side with a drink in his hand, most likely already intoxicated, "hey, you~" he tells you in a sing-song voice, "i've been looking all over for you! see everyone was telling me you were going to be studying, obviously not. if you study me i'll be generous and give you a D."

 

you cringe at his lame pick up line, and nonchalantly respond with, "there will be no going on here whatsoever, my friend."

 

"hey!" taehyung pouts as he wraps his arms around hoseok's waist, "speak for yourself!"

 

"yeah!" jimin chimes in, putting an arm around jungkook's shoulders, "speak for yourself."

 

jungkook's eyes widen and he protests with calm distaste, "no, please speak for us. all of us." he eyes jimin from his peripheral with a glare at the last three words.

 

jimin feigns fury and tsks, "rude."

 

"oh come on," daehyun's hand goes over your shoulder, knocking seokjin's arm out of the way, and easily against his haze you slide away from him and find yourself scooting closer to seokjin and yoongi. "don't be that way, haven't i always been nice to you?"

 

namjoon suggests sarcastically, "oh yeah, i'm sure nice guy points can be cashed in for some ."

 

"yeah, why don't you just go home already, daehyun?" your eyes go to yoongi in befuddlement. even when he drinks he doesn't talk all that much, but for him to be standing up for you even though you were more than so stand-offish to him since you've met is odd. in some way, they've all done this for you, standing up for you, even though you don't like it.

 

"fine, i can see when i'm not being welcomed," daehyun huffs with a glower directed to yoongi.

 

"obviously not," yoongi continues with his expression turning into his usual scowl, "otherwise you wouldn't have come over here."

 

you roll your eyes, "it's okay, yoongi-hyung. i can take care of myself." you wave your hand for daehyun to leave, which he does, but yoongi isn't quite pleased.

 

"a simple thank you, it would be nice, you know?" his hand grips tighter around the red plastic cup of alcohol, emitting a crinkling noise in the now quiet area.

 

you squint your eyes at him, and for a second you think he's going to tell you something else until you hear somebody whistle, it's jimin, and say, "wow, that though."

 

you don't see yoongi's ears go red, but yours sure do, and you rub the back of your neck to rebuff the remark. "oh, go a , jimin."

 

"i would, but unfortunately the one i want has a restraining order."

 


 

it isn't the first time you and yoongi might've gotten into an altercation, but in a way you can confirm that one was a little different. usually, your friends don't come in between you two, they wait until you both have nothing else to say. it makes for an awkward aftermath, but maybe they relish in that, they've always been a bunch of turds that enjoy watching you squirm. but the only thing you're really worried about is school, you're not sure how you're able to juggle the seven eggheads when exams are right around the corner.

 

"no it isn't," jimin tells you, as he's making a paper-football that he can flick to the guy in front of himself, while you're trying to go over the homework that is due for the fourth time. "we have like a month don't we?"

 

you refrain from correcting him with a sarcastic answer, and instead keep your focus on your workbook.

 

suddenly, he's asking out of the blue, "hey, isn't it weird that seokjin and yoongi are graduating this year?" you chew at the front of your lip, because the thought of graduation leads to college, which leads to careers, which leads to an unknown future. it's nerve-wrecking, and maybe you're the only one who's worried because all of them have a clue of what they want to do when you don't. "it feels like yesterday when we started high school doesn't it?"

 

the clock is ticking, menacingly, timely. jimin's paper makes noises as it is being folded, and the slight marks of your pencil being rubbed against your book all becomes a background hum. all of it is almost comforting as it is aggravating. you don't know what you're going to do, how seokjin and yoongi are treating the end of their school careers is a wonder to you. sitting in a seat and studyinng, doing what you're told to do, is almost all you know. there are many things your parents want you to do, the typical lawyer or doctor sort of thing, but you're not sure if you have the strength to have that sort of power with someone's freedom or someone's life, when you barely have control of your own. your eyes trail up to the clock, staring at the big hand that goes tick, tick, tick. it turns and it goes, almost never-ending. a clock has a job to keep going and keep people updated, it's simple enough. it never gets to stop, and yet maybe as you stare at it you aspire to be the same.

 

have always aspired to never stop doing the same thing you've been doing, because at least then you'd be sure of what you'll be doing.

 

"do you think they'll still come see us? or do you think they'll find others at their school to talk to?"

 

no one talks of it, but supposedly in the years before jungkook even hit puberty, jimin's feelings were actually for yoongi. they might've dated, you don't know, it's all in the past and it's never brought up unless accidentally.

 

there's almost a shake in his voice, but as far as you're concerned he's busying himself with aiming his paper-football, though you know a part of him doesn't like the idea of his first love forgetting about him. he's able to mask his emotions usually, and so far making that paper-football is doing the trick. masking your emotions is actually quite simple. you're supposed to write, check, correct, learn. you're envious that jimin knows he wants to dance when he gets older, acing a math test or passing a spelling bee isn't his main concern as it is yours. you're desperate to keep all your options open, and yet everyone else has a one track mind. they don't stop to wonder like you do, they're for certain, and there you are pausing and retracing your steps and starting a new path. learn a new language, figure out physics, play the piano.

 

seokjin sings, taehyung sings, namjoon writes, yoongi writes, hoseok dances, jimin dances, jungkook does it all. your parents tell you one track minds don't go anywhere in life, and yet your friends are the ones who don't suffer the displeasure of ambiguity. keep your options open, your parents say. keep your mind open for anything, your parents say. it's better to know everything than just one thing, they say.

 

and there is jimin mumbling to himself, "i wonder when yoongi is going to get his acceptance to the art academy."

 

you sort of wonder too, not because you care, or so you tell yourself.


 


 

"i got in. full scholarship."

 

your eyes blink back to reality, and realize that you're in jungkook's livingroom, studying. all the guys minus yoongi have settled in the kitchen ever since the pizza guy delivered their orders. you still have your pencil glued to your fingers, as per usual. yoongi is just sitting on the other side of the couch from you, phone in his hand, eyes on the tv. he looks distracted; lost even. you guess it's a new experience, for him to know that the one-track his mind has rested on is now open for him.

 

you almost swallow a sense of jealousy, but say with a genuine voice, "that's great."

 

"yeah." his monotone voice speaks volumes under all the blank that he gives, you're a lot better at reading people than you give off, and you see that he's almost not happy.

 

it's best if you don't say a thing, but you're already going to keep the silence occupied with words and small talk, "what's wrong? i thought you'd be as excited as seokjin was when he was accepted."

 

"i am." he repeats, more so as if he's trying to convince himself, "i am."

 

you wait patiently, pencil on break from kissing the pages of your workbook. "so?"

 

his eyes never leave the tv as he mumbles under his breath, "huh, i think i'm scared to leave."

 

you're not sure how he can be scared, all you've thought ever since seokjin was accepted that they were all going to be happy. weren't they? you knew that lately yoongi's been a little more intolerant, hostile, but it seemed as if he was just nervous about his results on the art academy. "why?"

 

"why not? i'm going to seoul, seokjin and i. it's going to be a whole different life, nothing's going to be like how it is here."

 

you don't understand, because you would love to leave your hometown. you'd dream of the day that you would leave everything behind and start anew. a part of you thinks yoongi's just being spoiled, because he has a free ticket out of a town that you hate and here he is, not sure if he wants to leave.

 

but you wait for him to explain, not really in the mood to start arguing with him, "i mean, it's not like i like it here, in this place. but i... i like us, as a whole. each day that has passed me by being friends with you and the guys, it's the only thing that has kept me going. now i must go, the biggest sacrifice is leaving you behind. i know everyone else says they want to go to the same academy, but whose to say they'll get in? if in years later they'll still want to come? what about you?"

 

your heart nearly jumps out of your chest at the mention of you. none of them are really worried about what you want to do, they have the same idea as your parents. as long as you know everything, you can do anything without any trouble. maybe it's true, but it doesn't make the future any less terrifying as not knowing how to do anything academic.

 

he asks as your mind traces over your thoughts, "what are you gonna do? you haven't told us a thing."

 

he's right, and maybe that's how you wanted it. as long as they didn't know, you didn't either. you didn't want to say something and fail at it, or have it die down from your desires. they've always known, and you haven't. never have.

 

your eyes keep themselves on your workbook for only so long, and then they're going over to yoongi, whose eyes are also on you. you two just share gazes, until he smiles, "it's all right, not everyone really has the feeling they'll get anywhere. you're not the only one."

 

"but i am," your words leave before you can stop them, "it's always been me."

 

he lets what you say stay, doesn't retort or go against it. doesn't tell you that you're selfish for being smart and being scared. the way you would to him, and it leaves you feeling confused. you don't get how he can always look after you and your feelings, and you insist on ending every conversation with him badly. maybe you're scared of him leaving too.

 

you shake the thought away before it settles into your mind permanently, but that doesn't mean parts of it still linger even when you close your eyes and call it a night when you go to bed.


 


 

 

"you guys are coming to the graduation dance, right? i don't want to be the only senior by himself."

 

"uhm, i'm going to be there too, you ."

 

"yeah, but you don't dance...good."

 

yoongi's jaw drops, and he tosses a handful of popcorn at seokjin, "neither do you! i have something you don't have: swag."

 

seokjin doesn't throw a handful of popcorn back, but he wants to, you can tell by the way he grips onto the bowl in his hands. everyone around you laughs, and you just sit there with a grin on your face. in seconds they're all making plans to show up to the dance, you see the way taehyung pulls hoseok up and mock-slow dances with him. jimin has his knee propped to propose to jungkook, but the younger is just shoving his shoulder, refusing to go with him. on the side, seokjin and namjoon are just sharing shy glances, and you snicker at it. namjoon catches you, and he rubs the back of his neck, but you spot his ears turning redder than cherries.

 

and then hoseok starts pointing at you and yoongi, hitting your shoulder in the process, "you two should go together!"

 

jungkook frowns, as well as jimin, both saying, "i wanted to go with hyung!"

 

yoongi's brows furrow at the two, and then he tells you, "how bout it? then jungkook will be forced to go with jimin."

 

jimin nods his head at you, "go with yoongi! i'm over it!"

 

jungkook's jaw drops in disgust, "that's not fair, you just want to go with me! you said the other day you were going to ask yoongi-hyung!"

 

hoseok just laughs, "you believe that croc of ? jimin obviously wants to go with you."

 

jimin nods, "so stop fighting my love, man, just accept me."

 

you're laughing now as jungkook tries to get out of jimin's arms that are holding him by the waist. his attempts are futile because jimin is relentless, and with everyone's laughing it only encourages jimin to hold him tighter. your eyes then fall on yoongi, who is cocking his head in a different direction. you glance around for a second after yoongi has gotten out of his seat from seokjin's livingroom, and then you're off to follow him, amongst all the laughter and throwing of food no one seems to notice you two have separated or have gone outside in the backyard at all.

 

he speaks first after you've closed the backdoor, "can you believe it? i'm actually graduating."

 

your brows furrow, "don't you mean finally graduating?"

 

he laughs, puffs of white escaping his everything breath as he smiles with the sunset on his profile, "that too. i just never thought i'd pass any of my tests. now that i have, i feel like i can do anything."

 

you're saying even though you know maybe you shouldn't, "so, you're not scared of leaving anymore?"

 

it then gets quiet, and immediately you regret bringing that up. there are a lot of things your friends consider dangerous territory, and usually it involves bringing up things that are intentionally left in the dark. sort of like how jimin used to be in love with yoongi, sort of like how seokjin and namjoon obviously have feelings for each other. the list goes on, you wouldn't know that however.

 

but he's replying after he's let his thoughts collect under the silence, "no, i still am. i just... i'm happy at the same time. seokjin and i are going to be just fine."

 

there's a sentence, maybe novel, hanging off the tip of his tongue and you're just standing there; ready to listen to whatever it is. you don't have to tell him, because he side eyes you and yours just fall to the ground carefully. you could walk on eggshells if it means it'll help him talk, and yet if anyone else did the same you still possibly might not open your mouth. because there are dozens upon dozens of fears and anxieties hanging under the words, and you're afraid once someone becomes too enrapt in what you have to say, sooner or later if you don't get better they'll become annoyed.

 

for now, you're content just listening. and yoongi appreciates it as he leans against the wall and mumbles, "i hope when i leave i find someone who cares enough like you."

 

that catches you off guard, but you don't flinch or twitch an eye, your stomach just plummets and your heart jumps although you don't show a reaction.

 

"you probably think none us know, but we know." yoongi chews at the front of his lip, gazing at the clouds that are the imperfect picture of pink, yellow, and blue. there's more pink than the other two, and it almost looks like it's attacking the other two colors. it's a violent, soundless rage in the sky, and people are able to see the beauty while you are always finding otherwise. he his head then, and continues, "but i hope you know that we're going to be here for you. all right? if you're ever scared yourself. it's not an easy topic to bring up, i get that."

 

you can only think to yourself, you have no idea.


 


 

"so, i've noticed that you and yoongi-hyung are getting along."

 

"oh god, i know, i was just going to bring that up!"

 

"can you two like, keep your voices down?"

 

suit shopping with the other 95-line wasn't your idea, but it was already close to the graduation for seokjin and yoongi, and jungkook kept bothering you to go with the duo. something about you had no taste in fashion and to have them dress you up. rude.

 

but having jimin bring up yoongi isn't something you were counting on, in fact you thought what you and yoongi had going was subtle. guess not. you two were most likely as obvious as seokjin and namjoon.

 

not. that you two had anything. they were just talks.

 

"you two are always sneaking off though!" taehyung steps out of the dressing room while you hold all of their things. you'd settled on a regular formal outfit long ago, but shopping always brought out jimin and taehyung's inner-diva. taehyung turns to the side and asks you, "how does my look in these pants?"

 

you frown, ignoring his question, "we're not always sneaking off."

 

"okay, fine, not always. won't exaggerate. just tell me about these pants; yay or nay?"

 

you begrudgingly give him a once over, and answer with disinterest, "'yay."

 

"that's what you said about the last twenty-one pairs. you're really bad at this-"

 

jimin then comes out, and pouts, "these pants don't fit!"

 

you snort while taehyung laughs on his way over to him to check him out, "it's just your thighs. damn, i wish i had your body."

 

"no, you don't. otherwise you would be having the hardest time not ripping a pair."

 

"yeah well, at least i'd be able to fill them out."

 

as the two go on and on about their bodies, it gives you time to not talk about y-

 

"so, back on the subject at hand. you and yoongi."

 

you frown, "what now?"

 

it sort of makes you uncomfortable that jimin is talking lightly of yoongi, it makes you want to believe that whatever he felt for the elder has passed on to jungkook. in a way, it might be easier to not act like talking with yoongi is nothing. that whenever he comes to you, you don't get happy. that when he smiles at you, you don't smile as well. that when his eyes make with yours, you see fireworks even though there's a chance that he doesn't see the same in yours. you can see a whole different world inside and you're almost desperate to travel him.

 

but it isn't easy to talk about it.

 

"you can trust us, we're not going to tell anyone." jimin grabs another pair of pants from the stack on your lap and heads into the dressing room.

 

you roll your eyes, "if you es notice anything - by the way, there is nothing - then there is no doubt the others haven't."

 

taehyung pouts, "all i do is love you, and you hurt me. no wonder why you don't have a boyfriend."

 

you smile, "i don't have a boyfriend because not all of us can find one that'll tolerate us. or have the same dumb personality as us."

 

"...did you just call me and my boo dumb?"

 

"anyway~" jimin says from the dressing room, there is an obvious struggle going on with the groan in his voice, and you have half a mind of going in there and stopping him before he rips anything he can't afford. "stop changing the subject, we're trying to help you with yoongi-hyung, because you're both stubborn. you do realize he's graduating this week?"

 

you wonder if your eyes visibly turn glossy, because they are now watering at the reminder. it's an odd reaction, but thankfully taehyung has made his way back in his room, and you're able to rub your eyes while answering, "yeah. i know."

 

it gets quiet, the only noise being heard are the way jimin battles with the pants and taehyung mumbling how good he looks to himself. jimin comes out and you're thinking he'll be defeated but instead he's beaming, because finally these pants on him don't look like they're denying him circulation to his groin.

 

"yes!" he triumphs with a fist ed into the air and squitning eyes of his huge smile, "how do i look? think jungkook will finally come at me with these on?"

 

"yeah," you reply sarcastically, "we all know jungkook likes a big booty ho."

 

jimin mumbles under his breath, "you're just jealous because you're flat." he then glances around the shop and says, "i'm gonna do a lap in the store, break these babies in before i literally break them."

 

you don't even watch him glide around dramatically, because taehyung is now asking after he opens the curtain to his room, "okay, yay or nay?"

 

you huff with exasperation, hand falling to your lap where your phone has been sitting for the duration of the guys fitting into clothes, "does it even matter? if i say yay you'll accuse me of not being interested in this activity. and if i say nay you're just going to pick another pair of pants that look just as good as the last pair. plus, you've been telling yourself for the last thirty seconds they all look good on you."

 

taehyung starts off softly with a pout, "huh, so we got a new problem." but soon changes his expression to one of unabashed glee, "which one looks the best on me? jimin shouldn't be the only one with a nice body a suit can accentuate."

 

you shrug, biting back a scoff as you joke with a poker-face, "don't you think hoseok has covered enough of that for the both of you?"

 

"hey, i can dream can i? not all of us want to be flat like you, i wish i was a big booty ho."

 

you bitterly grumble, fingers fiddling with your phone, "i don't want to be flat, i'm just not insecure with my body."

 

"bite me, flatty." taehyung laughs, and even though he's probably being spiteful, you smile. it's tough love hanging out with them, but you sort of don't want it any other way. they fill in the silence because they like to hear themselves talk, and if it means you don't have to so be it. they make you laugh when you think your day will be ty. and they speak for you regardless if you want them to, so you're not complaining if they might sometimes not like their body, or yours, because in the end there will come a time when they look in the mirror and love what they see.

 

jimin, for example, is chanting whilst walking dramatically, "these fit great, they are great, i am great."

 

and taehyung will absolutely not stop peaking at himself in the mirror to twirl and raise his arms because he knows he's basically a prince.

 

jimin then stops by next to you, and he and taehyung are scanning themselves in the mirror, almost like twins. "so," jimin starts, "are you still going to deny that you have a crush on yoongi when you've been glancing at your phone every five seconds?"


 


 

 

"oh my god, yoongi-hyung, don't even try all right? we know everything."

 

"if you guys don't stop talking those will be your last words."

 

"look at that -eating grin you have on, you're texting him right now, aren't you?"

 

"oh my god," yoongi proceeds to face-palm himself while hoseok, namjoon, and seokjin go on about you. "can you guys not?"

 

"you two are even talking the same. maybe it's natural-"

 

namjoon finishes for hoseok, "maybe it's because you two are always ing together."

 

"you should seriously choose your words wisely," yoongi mutters, "'ing together'?"

 

"i know what i said."

 

yoongi and namjoon stare at each other for awhile before yoongi's phone goes off, and the elder has to fight not sparing his eyes to it. but it's aggravating having you wait, and yoongi shouldn't give two s if hoseok and namjoon think anything. thus, he glances downwards and begins to text back, even though he can faintly hear seokjin bite back a snort and hoseok and namjoon are most likely sharing smug expressions, ones that yoongi would so gladly love to slap off their faces. although, doing so would only prove that they were getting to him, and acting as if what he and you have is strictly normal is what he wants to convey to the three s bothering him.

 

the text he gets back, only moments after he sent his own, replicates the situation on your side from yoongi's end. they're ganging up on me too :(

 

yoongi frowns at that and glances upwards to the three, whom are all sipping at their coffee and watching yoongi with intent. he sighs heavily because this is getting ridiculous. "okay, fine. maybe i think he's nice to have around, talk with. but that doesn't mean i want to bone him or anything."

 

"how can you be so sure? it took you like two years for you to realize you had a crush on your first year teacher."

 

yoongi clicks his tongue at hoseok, "that shouldn't even count, crushes on teachers don't count."

 

seokjin shrugs his shoulders and replies as a matter of factually, "what about that one girl when we were in middle school? that took you almost five years and during that time you were developing feelings for your first year teacher."

 

namjoon chuckles and says more so to bemuse himself than to enlighten yoongi, "i bet you don't even know you have had the hots for the music store guy that you go to for recording equipment, for like eight months? beginning of the school year. zico or something."

 

they are all correct, yoongi knows that they're right. but he's better off, not being aware of these feelings he gets over time. although half the time he wallows in regret ― left wondering what could've been for the ones who potentially liked him back ― it would've totally distracted his chances in getting into a school he worked so hard for. therefore, the rest of the time he isn't moping about the past and somewhat future of his emotions, he's actually relieved. you aren't any different to him; if he happens to like you it wouldn't matter much anyway.

 

"you both are so ing stubborn though," namjoon admits aloud, earning disapproving glares from the girls working behind the counter of the bustling cafe, "it almost kills me that you're heading off elsewhere just when you two started getting along."

 

"the between the both of you is so raw, i refrain everything in my being from making grill jokes on cooking you guys up a notch, maybe to medium-rare. well-done," suggests hoseok with a of his head and not only his mouth but his eyes smiling greatly.

 

yoongi feels like he has to refrain from telling hoseok to stop making kitchen references.

 

seokjin is then saying on cue while yoongi contemplates just getting up and walking out of the cafe, "as if we didn't know that when you two got angry you were both just trying to push each other away."

 

"what is this?" yoongi asks with sarcasm, "a ing drama? those don't make sense, they're not real, and we are not like that. he and i are friends and i want it to stay that way."

 

"for how long though," namjoon questions, true concern tainting over his teasing tone that was definitely there only a couple of seconds ago, "how long until you both lose contact? and then he looks back on how much he actually liked you, and you him. that's pretty damn sad."

 

yoongi almost wants to say the same for seokjin and namjoon, but he doesn't know much about them to criticize. maybe they're just pretending to be friends, maybe they're planning to get married, maybe they had them all fooled and don't actually like each other. either way, he has nothing to go on about. attacking them with what they give him was all he was able to do: why didn't you do your essay? and yoongi would retaliate with something like, you failed your english course so why don't you go work on that before coming to me? (it was a defense mechanism he never bothered to work on, and maybe you really were different this time against the other people in his life he may or may not have liked more than a friend.) segue, seokjin and namjoon might've been something, hoseok and taehyung were already something. god knows about what miracle it will take for jungkook to get his head out of his and just give jimin the chance he might deserve. yoongi says might because jimin sometimes doesn't understand boundaries, but he does always apologize and vow to do better. he is getting better, at the whole boundaries thing. yoongi would know.

 

but you wouldn't.

 

that gets yoongi to text you back with something a little more intimate, something a little less brotherly. can't wait to see you in your outfit, i want my date to look hot af.

 


 

when you first read the text, your mouth falls open in a shocked chuckle, and you stuff your phone back into your pocket. jimin and taehyung are hanging over your shoulders, something you hate, and are berating you on showing them what yoongi texted you. their guesses range between cute things to was it a pic? but you ignore them, heading off into a small tea shop and losing them. the great difference about you from the rest of the pack is that they're all more of bean people, and you've always been drawn to the leaves.

 

you don't tell them that yoongi has walked into a tea shop with you once; you giggle to yourself at remembering him holding back any gags at the scents. him trying for you, it's something you won't forget.

 

you don't know many who've done that for you.


 


 

 

the graduation ceremony doesn't last long enough, or at least to you. within moments of arriving early to get good seats, seokjin and yoongi are being named and noted, pictures are taken, cheers are given, and you are being dragged from your place all the way down the bleachers and to the crowds where everyone is hugging and crying and laughing and smiling. you're frozen, because everything is moving too fast and yet at the speed of nothing do you catch the glimpse of yoongi beaming a gummy smile, brown fringe sticking out of his diploma hat before it comes off and into his hands, his form being taken in by his teacher, along with some other friends.

 

it's going slow, the way his eyes meet yours, his smile falling short as well as his shoulders slumping low. but the quirks in his lips come back up at the sight of namjoon and everyone else, seokjin putting his arm around yoongi, hoseok taking some photos on his phone with wild excitement and laughter leaving him, as if he's the one graduating. yoongi's eyes don't leave yours very much, if they do they come right back, steady yet wavering under yours.

 

you don't notice you're not smiling, not until seokjin suggests a picture of just the two of you, with yoongi putting an arm around your shoulders, and the rest of your friends yelling insistently, "smile~"

 

for a second, you assume they're talking to yoongi, he rarely smiles. but then yoongi uses his index to poke your cheek, and he says through slightly gritted teeth, "come on, i want us to look happy."

 

i want us to look happy.

 

it almost makes your knees weak, that he used the words us and happy together, but you're obeying and two pictures, maybe ten, are snapped with you both awkwardly standing. trying to look happy. you are happy, you know you are, but at the same time something in the back of your mind keeps telling you that you're never going to see him again. that what you both had wasn't something too special, just something to get yoongi by before he went off to start his new life. he would forget all about you, and your problems that he claimed to care about.

 

you don't want those thoughts, they pain you in ways that are able to strengthen your smile, heighten your laugh, fix up your posture. these things that leave an insipid taste in your mouth, and wary sensations in your body, are what motivates you to act as if nothing is wrong.


 


 

 

yoongi's parents say something about coming by at midnight if he isn't at home by 11:30, which to the rest of their friends is sort of lame considering the dance started at 10. nonetheless, yoongi agrees, and just like that everyone is having the time of their lives at the dance. or maybe it's more like hoseok and taehyung can't stop doing lewd moves and nasty gestures at each other, no matter how many times the chaperons keep threatening to kick them out of the dance. also jimin hasn't been able to catch a break because so many girls, and just a few boys, keep asking him to dance. jungkook is just sitting in the corner with you, drinking punch and pouting like a nine-year-old boy that got stuck attending an aunt's boring wedding. you think to yourself at least yoongi is having fun, he and namjoon, as well as some other students, are just having conversations in the other corner, at the other side of the field. sometimes yoongi grins, but he hides it with his cup of punch, and sometimes you find yourself smiling at that.

 

jungkook finally decides to comment after ten minutes in of him moping and you just staring at yoongi, "this is so dumb. why did jimin even ask me here if he wasn't going to ask me to dance?"

 

you almost snort, almost. but manage to reply with lack of bias in your tone, "to be honest, none of us thought you'd even give jimin the benefit of just one dance. we hoped for it, but we weren't expecting."

 

jungkook just gasps with slamming his punch on a nearby table, "i resent that! i like jimin much more than these other ho-bags trying to paw at his !"

 

of course he does. you know it and so does everyone else but jimin. the boy is so damn dense that if jungkook were to simply confess to jimin, he'd most likely think jungkook was just drunk or pulling his chain. maybe both. you decide to humor jungkook's mild crisis, responding monotonously, "they are not pawing at his ."

 

jungkook's voice rises in pitch and volume, "yes they are! look! see that girl?" he makes no attempt at being subtle with how he points; so rude.

 

you put on a show of searching for jimin on the dance floor, but you know exactly where he is. he's not hard too find, especially when he has a ton of girls literally grabbing at him, trying to get his attention. it's just a tad bit hard to watch without laughing because jimin is just enjoying himself, totally clueless to jungkook's fuming jealousy, yet the younger absolutely refuses to come forth because of his damned childish pride. what a diva. like, diva and the dunce.

 

you shrug your shoulders, "if it makes you feel any better, hyosang has been flirting with seokjin this entire time right in front of namjoon. i don't know if namjoon wants to punch hyosang or just keep acting like he isn't annoyed by his presence and ability to make seokjin laugh two octaves higher than usual."

 

the younger does put up a more content expression, and his shoulders relax a bit after jimin has taken refuge at a table right by them with a cup of punch in his hand.

 

you then nudge jungkook, filling up a new cup and shoving it in his hands, "here, go offer him this. after all that dancing, he could probably drink the entire hoover dam." jungkook doesn't have time to protest and begin the silent treatment he plans on using on jimin, because you're roughly pushing him closer and closer to jimin.

 

jungkook relents refusal, but he timidly walks up to jimin, which leaves you alone. all by yourself. your eyes cast themselves yet again towards yoongi, where you see namjoon getting into a very heated argument with hyosang. you don't know what of, but seokjin just has an eyebrow raised while the two duke it out over something. yoongi is sipping at his very obvious empty cup of punch, but he's definitely holding back a smirk. this prompts you to walk on over to him, not being able to stand in the same spot for another ten minutes or so.

 

he catches you in his vision right away, his brows raising and his lips partially opening to mutter under his breath for your ears only, "have you come to save me?"

 

you grin, and answer without grabbing the attention of anyone else but yoongi, "yes, i just had to put the baby to sleep."

 

he seems a bit lost at first, then he peeks where you last were, only to find jungkook and jimin just sitting at the table, laughing uncontrollably over something probably totally stupid and immature. you both watch as jungkook gets out of his seat, holding his hand out for jimin to take. there is shock written all over jimin's face, but then jungkook is pulling him out of his seat without giving him the chance to say anything, and they're off to the dance floor. it's almost too cute to keep watching, because then you and yoongi are slightly stepping away from the scene, away from the group. your feet trail you all the way off the field, where there are no teachers supervising, no other students being brave enough to hang around in the dark. it is just you two, something maybe you've taken for granted for the last few weeks together.

 

it makes your heart fall, and the taste in your mouth go bland. your eyes can scan every bit of him, but you're afraid to forget every moment spent as soon as he leaves. if only you weren't too worried about losing him as you have him, because wasting time on such a thing will be of nothing after he's gone. it's easier said than done, however, in living every moment, knowing the inevitable.

 

"you know this isn't the last of me, right?"

 

it's the first thing he's said in the quiet, his voice is audible against the background noises of the air and the music you've left behind. it's a blurry haze that gives zest to the tone in his voice, which you can only pinpoint as hopefulness. it makes you bite back a smile, albeit sadly. crickets and brushing of the grass paint the atmosphere with almost peacefulness, the only thing ruining it for you is yourself.

 

and he continues with a heavy sigh, "i don't...want this to be the last of us, that is." it's almost hard to hear him say something with so much promise. "do you?"

 

you play dumb, if it means hearing the very own explanation come from him, "do i what?"

 

surely, he is aware of your false inability to perceive, nonetheless he is elaborating with a curve of his lips, "do you want this to be the last of us?"

 

of course not. "no?"

 

his eyes bore into yours, searching maybe, but definitely wavering to read. they shake with uncertainty and capability to scan, and you wonder if yours are just as unsteady as his. if every time you blink, something new comes up for him to find. such as fear, unwillingness, bewilderment. anything at all, would he be able to see it all if at every time you were undoubtedly competent with him? does he know? does he have the clue that you would journey an adventure to get it all out of him, no secrets, nothing to hide, because you simply care that he not let it bottle up inside? questions were endless, and yet the answers were limited.

 

"i like you." it's not romantic, the way he says it. he isn't smiling, beaming, showing cute shyness or coolness. instead, his hands are stuffed in his pockets, feet are constantly shifting back and forth, making lumpy rhythms and beats with the dirt that is being crushed against the soles of his feet. his eyes, although meeting yours, want to hide anything weak or breakable from you, in fear of not only being rejected but neglected. your lack of response leaves the tone of his voice trembling with ambiguity, unsure if he should've said those exact words. and yet he continues, as if it might lighten the situation just as it might worsen it, "i like you...so much, that each time someone brings it up, i feel as if you hear them too. i like you so much, that when no one says a thing, i still feel like you hear my mind whisper all the things i like about you."

 

it's stupid to demand, but you do anyway, your voice unchanging as well as your stance, which is possibly scaring him, "and what is it that you like about me?"

 

he laughs, humorlessly. "i just... i don't know, actually. at first, i thought it was just because you listened. i tried to tell myself it wasn't because how cute i thought you were, how much i enjoyed our fights if it meant you acknowledged my presence. i tried to tell myself it wasn't because when you finally started accepting me, my heart took whatever you were giving. but those are also reasons, the fact that now we can just talk, without you being angry, without me being provoked. i like you because i know i'll never want someone to listen to me as much as i did for you."

 

in a selfish sense, those aren't enough for you.

 

thus, you just let him squirm, causing him to add, "i could tell anybody about my problems, but i'll feel as if i'm bothering them. that when they talk about their problems, it feels as if they're rebuffing mine like they aren't as important. it's an endless game of push and pull, except only one of us is pushing while the other is pulling. but with you, it isn't like that."

 

you tease with a serious demeanor, "you don't think you're bothering me?"

 

and he panics, eyes going wide and lips quivering, "you make me comfortable, you don't judge me or become annoyed. you...you make me want to wake up if it means you'll listen to me. and when i listen to you, i feel better that you'll actually say something about yourself." he sighs, heavily, eyes finally going elsewhere, anywhere but yours. "i just wished that we could get to know each other more, all i want is more time with you."

 

you can't help but scoff at that, but not in contempt, he catches your scoff mildly turning into a giggle. you can almost feel him relax, seeing his shoulders slump and his eyes shut in relief. you nod your head, "i want to spend more time with you too, if that isn't too much of a request."

 

"of course it isn't."


 


 

 

yoongi isn't leaving until a few weeks or so, which means that it's going to take much more than that night for you to figure out just what you guys are. he never uses the word boyfriend one week in, and neither do you. it's a lot harder hiding it unlike before, but what helps is the fact that jungkook and jimin are having their own drama, as well as seokjin and namjoon. it isn't right, but you both milk it if it means none of them will focus on the fact that you both are no longer responding to their texts, their calls, because you're both busy in the confines of your bedroom. sometimes watching tv, sometimes listening to music, sometimes just lying on your bed. none of them need to know, in a sad way you both don't want them to know just yet. it's personal; it's privacy; you guys are only looking for peace, not attention.

 

however, when you two aren't on your own, you're with the others. it's difficult not to be with them when there isn't any school to excuse yourself from with things like, i need to study, i have to work on my music. maybe for yoongi it applies, or the whole i need to pack my things, and you're left side-eyeing him as if calling him a traitor for leaving you with them. tonight, thankfully, it's with jungkook. he insisted he spend the night at his place, something about a crisis, and you already have a feeling it involves jimin.

 

two weeks after the dance, jungkook hasn't mentioned a single thing about what happened between he and jimin. you can respect that, but everyone else not so much. sometimes yoongi will redirect the attention if it's brought on him, and then namjoon and hoseok and taehyung will chime in as if it's for school credit, nearly jumping out of their seats, dropping bags of chips and bowls of po. you'll always glare at yoongi every time, he'll only shrug, and jungkook's wide eyes will shoot all over the room except on jimin. jimin, he'll just sink in his seat, maybe laugh it off. but in conclusion, both have acted like it never happened.

 

until now, with jungkook stuffing his face with a nuttella-covered pepperoni pizza, and a mixed drink that you think is sprite and diet coke, but you could be very wrong; hormonal, emotional, confused teenage boys are so unpredictable, even if you're one yourself. nonetheless, you're still eyeing him with worry as nutella smears all over his lips, and he just continues to shovel it down with words like, "we only kissed, it wasn't anything. i mean, it felt good, i admit that i popped a hard on. but i didn't plan it! it's not like i was able to hold it back! it was so embarrassing! he just started coughing like an idiot and i just left and went home. you have no idea how dumb i felt. me? getting hard for park jimin? ha! it was just so damn embarrassing like, what have i ever done to deserve that? what? i'm such a good person, i didn't deserve to be humiliated like that in the middle of the ing dance floor, with everyone watching us. we haven't talk about it, why should we? i'm almost sure he already has a girlfriend, there were left and right at the dance so it's safe to assume. and here i am! gaining weight and eating my feelings for what? my life , my life and i am only 16. can you imagine how much worse it's going to get when i'm 32?"

 

you chew calmly on a chicken wing, before shrugging, "why don't you just talk to him about it? it's not so bad."

 

"it is, and wanna know why? because jimin hasn't hit on me since."

 

true, you think. normally jimin would be all over jungkook, and now that he isn't it just adds to the questions of everyone else as to what happened. "well, it wasn't that bad though. i'm sure he still likes you. he's probably confused."

 

"what's so confusing about me popping one? he knows i like him, that i want him. what? now that he can have me he doesn't want me? that is so like the time he and yoongi used to-"

 

he abruptly stops short at that, but you just keep your eyes on jungkook. he blinks rapidly, before his gaze lands onto you with caution. you don't want to reply to that, want to act like what he's saying is normal. but just like everything else, some things in this group aren't supposed to be brought up. you don't know how to show that you're not too eager to listen; there is nothing to go on about other than that maybe jimin and yoongi had a thing. but then again, you sort of want to be informed, yoongi is somewhat of a boyfriend to you.

 

however, jungkook just sits on the floor, cross-legged, globs of nutella threatening to fall off his face and onto his pale legs only covered in red basketball shorts. his scuffled black hair is chaffed over his eyes, eyebrows disappearing, eyelashes colliding back and forth with them.

 

you're staring, you only notice once you glance down at your phone, which has vibrated with a message, no doubt from yoongi.

 

what catches your attention is, am i wrong to have told jimin to go over to jungkook's house and force out a confession?

 


 

"you heard me, jimin, just go in there and tell him how you feel."

 

jimin's face may be pale of anxiety but his ears are red with embarrassment, and he cries in the utmost baby-ish voice yoongi has ever had the displeasure of hearing, "hyung! just because you did it doesn't mean i can! jungkook has never liked me, i'm just scared to ask him about what happened and he tells me it was nothing. why should i have to get my hopes up when it was possibly nothing?!"

 

yoongi rolls his eyes, for god knows how many times, because this is so ing- "jimin, i swear to god, if you don't fix this with jungkook, i will stab you."

 

"you only want me to do this because jungkook keeps taking up all the time between you and-"

 

the elder snaps his fingers, cutting jimin off sharply, "enough, go in there or i'm bringing jungkook out here, in the cold."

 

reluctance, but jimin's feet are inching closer and closer to the front door.


 


 

"mom, don't answer it!"


 


 

yoongi knocks on the door, this time harder.


 


 

"hyung- hyung, no! mom don't let hyung-"


 


 

 

the first thing jimin does is run, right after the door has been opened by you, and jungkook's very confused mother. the second thing jimin does, is trip.

 

on his face.

 

you and yoongi roll your eyes in unison, jungkook face palms himself, and then crying out in disgust because of how sticky his face and how mussed his hair is.


 


 

 

you are all sitting in the kitchen table not even two minutes later, with jungkook's mother "going out to get some supplies for the first aid kit." the thing about jungkook's parents is that they trust him a little too much, you'll never understand it no matter how many times they let him throw random parties and rambunctious sleepovers. she's gone though, and it leaves you and jungkook sitting on one side, and jimin and yoongi sitting across.

 

you speak first, "but do i really have to be here-"

 

jungkook clears his throat, rather obnoxiously. you side-eye him, glaring holes but jungkook never meets your gaze, instead they're firmly on his hands, that are enclosed with each other on the table. jimin has his hands on his lap, and he keeps nudging yoongi, subtly, but you catch it every time. yoongi doesn't want to go about, but he's getting annoyed and jungkook won't stop fake-coughing.

 

"we-" yoongi points back and forth between he and you, "-are going to go, and you two are going to fix this."

 

you raise an eyebrow, mouthing, "how?"

 

yoongi announces, "jungkook, jimin has had feelings for you for so long. that is why we broke up."

 

you choke on your saliva, jungkook's head and eyes come up quickly in near anger and bewilderment, and jimin has his head turned down with clenched eyes and pursed lips, as if not really accepting the very true situation. broke up?

 

all the eldest does it continue, "so, yeah. we dated, briefly. so, jungkook, enjoy him, because he's yours."

 

you're left standing up and out of your chair, adding, "jimin, jungkook hasn't stopped talking about you and the incident. he is very embarrassed and would like for you to know he likes you very much, and requires to be notified that you feel the same 24/7."

 

jungkook is silently panicking, shifting in his seat, head moving back and forth between you and yoongi and jimin, and every few seconds as you talk he is emitting little frightened noises. he looks like a cat that doesn't want to go into a bathtub and can hear the water filling it up in the next room, knowing what is to come.

 

but you and yoongi are dashing out of the kitchen, running through the back door, and onto the sidewalks, leaving two teenage boys alone.

 

what lets up the tension is yoongi laughing his off, hunching over with his hands meeting his bent knees, breath leaving him within seconds. neither of you have even ran a block away.

 

you chuckle as well, hair falling forward as you slow your running to wait for him to finish.

 

that night, when you walk him home, you don't ask about what happened between he and jimin, and he doesn't bring it up.


 


 

 

"oh my god," namjoon starts off with his wide-eyed and absolutely cringed expression mirroring everyone else's at the table, "i think i liked it better when they weren't talking."

 

taehyung chimes, "i think i liked it better when jungkook threatened to put a restraining order on jimin."

 

you and yoongi are sitting across from each other at a table booth in a small bbq place, leaving you to fall victim at the end of the booth sitting next to jimin and jungkook, whom are currently making out as if they are in the privacy of their bedrooms. yoongi's eyes knowingly keep shifting over to you, silently laughing at the misfortune every time jimin's hip or elbow or whathaveyou knocks into you so carelessly. even when the waiter comes, with a very awkward introduction, the two don't budge to pull apart. namjoon orders for them, and the more time that passes the more heat starts to build in your neck and on your ears.

 

it is so embarrassing.

 

"so when are you leaving today?" hoseok asks, the question directed to yoongi, trying to overpower the unpleasant noises jungkook has began to make.

 

that is enough to get your mind off of the two maniacs going at it and focus your ears on yoongi as he answers slowly, unsure, "in...about... i don't know, maybe... some hours?"

 

taehyung replies nonchalantly with, "you said you were leaving at 5."

 

you blurt out, uncharacteristically, for almost the whole restaurant to hear, "that's only two hours from now."

 

and yoongi says to you, no longer concerned for the others at the table, "i was going to tell you-"

 

you roll your eyes, arms crossing even tighter than they already have been to standby jimin and jungkook, "yeah. when? how long have you known this?"

 

taehyung isn't helping, "like last week-"

 

hoseok takes the liberty of slapping his hand over the younger's mouth, and emitting a nervous laugh, "what is taking that waiter so long with the drinks?"

 

but your eyes are only on yoongi, as are his on you. you ask in a disappointed whisper, "last week?"

 

yoongi shrugs, acting as if it's not a big deal that you'd only have such small time left with him until he was off to seoul, "maybe, like, five days or something but i wasn't sure-"

 

and then you're getting up, out of your seat, just as the waiter is stopping by with a tray of drinks, and you're pushing passed even when yoongi has gotten out of his seat as well. everyone is left at the table with the waiter still awkwardly avoiding their gaze on jimin and jungkook as the elder has resorted to putting his hand up the latter's shirt, "uh, who got the sprite?"

 

you're not sure why it'd hurt so much to know that maybe yoongi was afraid of telling you, but you storming out of the restaurant for him to run after is probably exactly why. it takes a lot for you to lose it, and now that you have your mind wanders to many things. how happy hoseok and taehyung are, how secretive seokjin and namjoon are, how stubborn jimin and jungkook are. you and yoongi are just there, maybe all in all just like the three of them jointed into one. there are so many things you won't tell yoongi, true enough. him keeping this from you, to protect you from being hurt, is nothing compared to what you've hidden from him.

 

and that's what gets you to stop walking away from the voice whose calling to you, giving lame excuses and explanations for why he held off telling you for so long, and you take in the second of surprise that lands on his face just as he collides into you, and you grab him by the shirt to bring him close and kiss him. his lips are rightly pursed, but when you reposition your lips, they soften and he's supple under your touch. his hands come over your waist with a groan leaving him, and you wish that maybe he'd have said something, anything, because now every moment with him counts.

 

you elaborate as soon as you pull apart, breath hitching and your forehead touching his, lids heavily opening and closing, "i don't want to spend the last few hours with you fighting, i don't want the last time i see you to be uncomfortable with me contemplating seeing you off at all." you lean your head up and smile as he watches you with furrowed eyes and parted lips, "but next time, don't be afraid to tell me okay? i know you care about me but i can take it, i can handle us."

 

yoongi sneers, playfully replying with, "i can handle us too!"

 

"apparently not!" you giggle, clenched hands releasing his shirt and you shaking your head with a groan, "oh, i can only imagine what the others are saying about us now. it's no doubt if they weren't 100-percent sure before on our relationship, they are now."

 

the elder then gets a sparkle in his eye as he gleefully starts, "i got an idea―"

 


 

 

when you enter the restaurant, yoongi isn't in sight, and the rest of the group has already ordered their food and finished their drinks. jimin and jungkook are no longer trying to pork it at the table, instead just tapping their fingers timidly on the wooden top of the table. as you sit down with an annoyed huff, you know they are dying to say anything.

 

seokjin questions first with caution, "where's yoongi?"

 

"gone," you simply say.

 

they all go silent for a few seconds until namjoon tries to confirm with his eyes shut, "gone?"

 

you stare at all of them with an under-bite, muttering, "did i stutter? he's gone, what don't you get?"

 

jimin's eyes then go wide, and he practically screeches for the entire kitchen to hear, "he just left?! he didn't even come to say goodbye?"

 

jungkook complains, "wait, why did he leave? what happened?"

 

you tsk, rolling your eyes and sitting at your most stable and stilled position looking anywhere but them. after it's been almost a minute of them biting their lips and glancing at one another through their peripheral vision, you pretend to become irritated with their stares, and begin, "all i did was say if he wasn't going to be honest with me, he can go right now. he said fine, i said fine, and i went back here. he left to his house, i don't know wha-"

 

without letting you finish, they all scramble with their wallets, putting down a couple of dollar bills and change, and messily running out of their seats, jimin opting to jump over you, and out of the restaurant. as soon as you watch them from the window make a right down the road where the buses are, you snicker and wave a hand at the waiter who has had the terrible misfortune of waiting you all, "check please? also can we take the orders to go?"

 

the guys left over almost 200 dollars including tip. yoongi then comes inside the restaurant nonchalantly, trying not to garner any attention on himself, as he curses under his breath upon seeing you use the money the guys left to pay the bill, "crap, how much did we say?"

 

"you said ten for if they leave before i finish, and i said twenty for if they pay. looks like you still owe me ten dollars." you smugly bite back a smirk as he coughs up two fives and passes them to you before asking, "how much are we left with?"

 

"out of them, about $149.24. split 74 between you and me."

 

on your way out, you stuff the money in your pocket while holding the bag of food, laughing to yourself. "i can't believe it actually worked. our friends must really like you."

 

yoongi pouts, "you say that like i'm unlikable."

 

"you are."

 

" you!"

 

you joke without bothering to bite back a smirk, "please."

 

it turns into a comfortable quiet before yoongi exhales a deep breath, eyes staring off into the sky, "i'm going to miss you so much."

 

you don't respond to that, you don't have to, because as he leans closer to you, you understand that you don't have to say a thing for him to know you feel the same.


 


 

 

when you and yoongi get to his place, where his mom is biting back a chuckle from having known beforehand of what was going on, all of the guys' dejected expressions turn into shock as you and yoongi come inside of the kitchen hand-in-hand, both smirking and clearly not at all mad at each other.

 

namjoon is the first to get it, "mother fu-"

 

and then hoseok and taehyung pretty much maul yoongi with tears in their eyes, belting words like, "you scared us! don't ever do that! that wasn't nice!"

 

jungkook and jimin are cluelessly gaping at the scene and you and yoongi before namjoon explains to them, "we'd just been had."

 

it's a beautiful view, watching as yoongi struggles to hold the weight of the two, legs almost caving and you just watch. jimin and jungkook pouting with jimin's eyes watering and namjoon frowning. seokjin is just as upset, and thumps your forehead before taking the bag of food, mumbling, "in' starving in this . rude."

 

jimin and jungkook are just sitting at the table still, jungkook in jimin's lap, and the both pout in unison, "that was so ed up."

 

you just shrug, and after yoongi is able to get out of the grip of taehyung and hoseok, he comes to you to land a peck on your lips. the guys don't hold back their cat-calls.

 

yoongi leaving is the farthest thing from your mind.

 

 


 

 

A/N:

this has got to be the longest request I've evern written in my life and I've written plenty lol

i'm so sorry it took so long luckyoctopus <3 please forgive?

BONUS

-

 

"where the is he? i'm freezing my off in the damn snow and i swear to god-"

 

"there he is!" jimin interrupts jungkook's grumbling, hands using the younger as a grip so he can excitedly jump around. taehyung and hoseok join jimin in his joy, while seokjin and namjoon curl together and away from the three eggheads. you and jungkook both share mildly irritated though highly endearing glances at the three, before your eyes finally land on yoongi.

 

it's been a year since you've seen him, a whole year. after you graduated and starting your enrollment at the art academy with the rest of the guys, yoongi was picked up by some entertainment agency, interested in producing his music. you'd been skyping and texting, but even that can't do the justice of actually seeing yoongi. how his hair is a short, pretty light pink, limbs thin but smile huge. he's surprised, of course, he was told only namjoon would make it gangnam, but seeing you obviously has him much more ecstatic.

 

the first thing he does is kiss you, and just the the day he left, the guys are whooping obnoxiously, and you and yoongi could rather care less about any other problem in the world.