Desertion

Abandoned

There are many bad things that humans can feel. More are the horrible ones than the lovely. One bad feeling is the feeling of abandonment. I personally put this on the top ten worst things to feel. It’s horrible, this feeling. The feeling of staring at nothingness as you try to figure out why you are left all alone, cast off from their grasp. Feeling abandoned, deserted, pushed into a state of blank; empty. If you’ve been here and you’ve been cured, one will surely be ill from emptiness once more. As if you haven’t had enough of the unknown guilt climbing up your throat, scattering through your brain and polluting your mind further. But you try to stay pure and white and fight to not let the toxic thoughts get the better of you so you keep yourself in a pool of abnegation; denial. So you force yourself to think that it’s all a hoax, a mere jest that perhaps it seemed entertaining to them to see you panic as you look for them to everywhere you’d think they’d be. But no one is there, no one present to look at you and ask why you’ve come. You stay there are you try to trace the walls of where they used to be. The air where they used to breathe, laughing with you, talking; present. But now they’re gone, almost all trace of them lost in the looking. You try to decode it, to work out why you’re in this situation, feeling deserted and lacking. You try and you fail. You need to accept the truth that they will never be back and that you’ve only been dreaming everything. That’s what it feels like. Like you’ve woken up to a beautiful dream and you just wish to sleep again just to relive it. But what nightmare this is. Even in a nightmare, you are abandoned, deserted.