Prologue

From Wolf to Vampire

The changing bit is easy, its what comes after thats hard. Always being hungry. Always looking for something to eat, something to the life out of...Well not quite the life out of just...well...Nevermind.

Most people believe that when you are bitten by a vampire, you turn into a vampire. Well...thats not totally trrue. To turn into one, the said vampire needs to have at least started to draw your blood, otherwise nothing will happen. Most people wont know this but, the thing that turns you into a vampire isn't the bite, but the venom that the vampire releases. It replaces any blood that the vampire draws. So If the vampire drinks all of your blood, the whole of your body is full of venom so of course...you die. No questions asked. But, if the vampire only draws some, and not all, then you become a vampire. The venom inside your body doesnt kill you but stays inside hence turning you into a child of night. And in most cases that is exactly what happens. Most vampires only draw out some and at most half of the blood in a human body, mainly because they'll be sick from having too much like a human who is full, which is why most victims become vampires leading to the ridiculous notion that you turn into a vampire after a bite.

BUT

All this talk about living off human blood, hating garlic and crucifixes is all rubbish. Pale skin? Sparkling in the sunlight? Nah.

I guess you could argue against the pale skin bit for...

Anyways as I was saying, even the people you adore or idolise could have a secret that you dont know about. A secret that theyre hiding from the world. A secret that they know will scare and hurt many people if they found out.