Chapter One

Don't Forget

Cruelty. That's what Baekhyun always thought about the world. A cruel and egocentric kind of a world. Growing up being weak was never literally easy at all. You'll get bullied by everyone in school, you'll get laughed at whenever you pass by streets not knowing where to hold on when you're all alone. Always being afraid of the fact that no one will ever accept you with the way you are. It was never easy for him.

 

He unknowingly looks up at the sky and hear the sounds of children laughing at the streets while playing some sort of childish games that he always wanted to try but already being a weakly 16 years old wouldn't practically work for that. He sighed in pure frustration and sadness when he always remember that he's a useless stupid person after all. Why can't I just be normal?

 

Eventually for Baekhyun, he stopped going to school by the age of nine. Apparently because of the lack of money that really became an issue in their family. His father died too early while he saw his mother, sobbing and painfully hurt each and everyday. His mother at that time, often went to casinos which was the main reason why their money got wasted. His mother had an incoherent time for him during those days.

 

She often gets too much stressed on how they'll get the money they need for everything. What he really didn't expect the most was that his mother would blame it all to him that time. She physically abused him everytime she comes back after work from being a dancer in a bar club. It didn't just hurt him physically, but it hurt him mentally too. The love that his mother used to give him and his brothers were all gone.

 

He stopped schooling which probably helped them to grow up some few funds. But it wasn't enough. What shocked them the most was that their mother left one morning without saying anything. They waited for a whole week but she didn't came back and that's when they all just realized that their mother abandoned them.

 

A few years later, they saw their mother, happy with a man and two children clinging onto her. When they saw her, she eventually caught their gazes and probably got stopped when she saw them. Her children whom she abandoned. Sehun and Kai didn't want to hurt Baekhyun's feelings at that time so they just painfully ignored their mother that time and even possibly tried to forget about her.

 

Baekhyun is the youngest among the three. His oldest brother, Kai, showed perseverance when their mother left and pursued to study until he finished college and eventually became a teacher. Well atleast that's what he wanted to do, to help other people learn, which was a very reasonable thing. Sehun on the other hand, is currently on his second year of college with the course of tourism. 

 

While Baekhyun, just stays non educated and feels like he's always a useless brat. But for his brothers, he's a useful one. He eventually helps them out by being a tutor everyday. He planned to pursue in studying but he was too scared to study again. Though Kai teaches him alot and he knows himself that he's knowledgeable enough, he's still too afraid of being humiliated infront of everybody. Because the past just repeats itself.

 

Baekhyun was currently sitting alone on the balcony as he was watching the children play happily under the battling comfort of the wind and sun. He took in a deep breath and looked over at his surroundings, realizing the beauty of the whole atmosphere. He got shocked all of a sudden when someone tapped him by his shoulders. He then turned around gently and realized that it was only his brother, Sehun. 

 

"Sehun hyung, is there anything you need?" He asked his brother politely while Sehun just shrugged at his question. "Nothing little bro, but, can I ask you something?" He saw how serious his brother's face was when he stated the question. Instead of just replying with an etched confused voice, he eventually just found himself unknowingly nodding at the question of his brother.

 

"Are you still not willing to go to school and educate yourself more?" Sehun asked him. He then closed his eyes and sighed by the question. His brother already knows that he was never really prepared for those kind of questions. "Hyung, you know how I still get traumatized by every actions they did to me that day." He replied, trying to make it sound less painful because it still mentally hurts for him.

 

"Baek, I know. It's just that, you can't stay forever like this." Sehun retorted back with that worried face arousing. "Hyung, I can clearly handle myself, besides! I'm a tutor." Baekhyun claimed proudly and smiled which probably made a reason for his brother to smile at him too. 

 

"If you say so then, but Baek, just tell us when you're already prepared to go back and study again, okay?" Sehun asked him and he nodded. "Yes hyung, I promise I will." His brother pat his head and was about to leave already but eventually got stopped by his own tracks which made Baekhyun's attention to wander all over his older brother. "Baekhyun-ah I forgot to tell you something by the way." Sehun told him with a pretty awkward position with his stopped tracks.

 

"What is it hyung?" He asked with curiosity etched in him. "When you have free time later after your tutoring, can you please go to Mrs. Choi?" His brother asked him in a very nice way, waiting for his approval. "What would I do there?" He asked his brother back because there are always reason for these type of things. They won't just send him there without any claimable reason. "She said she wants to talk to you about something."

 

__________________________________________

 

 

It's already 3 in the afternoon and Baekhyun found himself walking towards at the front door of Mrs. Choi's house. She was the one who he can practically say, the one who took care of them all when their very own mother abandoned them. She treated the three of them like her very own sons.

 

Maybe because up until now, she still doesn't have any child. Probably because she still always says that her deceased husband would always be irreplaceable and she'd rather die without any children than marrying another man.

 

Well atleast for Baekhyun, that was a very analytical type of a person. Not like his mother who was a very inconsequent with her words and vows that she'll always treasure and value the three of them. But it turned the other way around. 

 

She was a very irrational type of a mother and a very cruel one when broken apart. They can't blame it all on their father anyways, if it's done, then it's done. Because that's what life is.

 

Baekhyun always loved the idea of comparing things so when his mother left and Mrs. Choi took them in for awhile, he found it very moderate that Mrs. Choi was a very logical and a serene type of a person to tuck in some kids like them who were not even her own kids nor even blood related to her. 

 

While he found his mother as a very illegitimate and a hellacious type of a mother. He even accepted the fact that he'd rather choose Mrs. Choi than his very own mother.

 

Because nothing lasts forever. That's what he always thought. Being too attached and involved with something can literally break your heart into pieces that you'll have to be the one to fix it back and severely continue on without the other parts. 

 

The belief that his mother will find them again fell apart when they met Mrs. Choi. All of the beliefs and hopes all got flushed away when a very arcadian person like Mrs. Choi found them.

 

His thoughts were abrubtly interrupted when the door opened infront of him, revealing a Mrs. Choi who, as he expected, was wearing an apron with her brown wavy hair flowing and her ever wonderful serene smile plastered around all over her very admirable face. 

 

Baekhyun always loved the way she smiles towards other people. She always seemed so calm and welcoming to the whole environment that was surrounding her.

 

As expected when she saw Baekhyun, without warning, she excitingly hugged the latter and pinched him on his cheeks. "Baekhyunnie! You came!" She exclaimed with a wide smile on her face which Baekhyun gladly returned. 

 

"Good afternoon Mrs. Choi. Sehun hyung told me that you wanted my presence here." He said with a smile also disposed in his face. "So he did inform you? About time too."

 

"He just informed me just about in the morning though." Baekhyun told her and he noticed her eyes grew wide when he said that. "Your brother really forgets things easily." She said and signalled Baekhyun to come inside and follow her so he did. "Why?" He asked innocently.

 

"I told him to ask you to come over here ever since Monday but apparently his forgetfulness caught him and forgot to tell you. Good thing it's wednesday today." Mrs. Choi told him.

 

"So what's up with Wednesday anyway?" He asked Mrs. Choi while sitting on the counter watching her prepare vegetables. "You see my dear Baekhyun, I called you over because I really have some exciting news for you." She said and grabbed a chair and face Baekhyun on the counter table with an excited face shown upon her.

 

"Really?" Baekhyun asked with some hope and joy etched on his voice and Mrs. Choi nodded at him too happily. "Do you still remember Chanyeol?" She suddenly asked in the oblivion of their conversation and Baekhyun's eyebrows were furrowed with that question. 

 

He then slowly shrugged by the question and tried to remember who Chanyeol was but nothing came upon his mind.

 

"Nope. I don't remember any Chanyeol." He said honestly and Mrs. Choi smiled at him weakly.

 

"You seriously can't remember him when you were the one who promised never to forgrt him?" He heard Mrs. choi muttered under their talk. "I'm sorry Mrs. choi but who is he? Maybe I Can remember a bit about him if you tell me some infos." He said and slyly smiled the woman. 

 

"Well my dear Baekkie, Park Chanyeol is your one and only best friend during elementary days."

 

"He was? Wow that's unbelievable." He said in awe. It was honestly really unbelievable for him to know because from what he clearly remembers, he never really had any friends, only Kyungsoo, his Kai hyung's boyfriend, who was unexpectedly two years older than him. 

 

He brought back his attention to Mrs. Choi who was talking about this interesting Park Chanyeol.

 

"Why are you telling me these things?" He asked innocently to the woman who was cluelessly saying these things to him. "Because I want you to meet up with him tomorrow." He heard Mrs. Choi which widened his eyes even more.

 

"W-what? I-i don't even know a single detail about him Mrs. Choi. Beside, why would I be the one?" He retorted and earned a gentle smile from the woman.

 

"I want you to be my nephew's babysitter."

 

__________________________________________

 

 

Chanyeol got woken up by creaking sounds of the door which annoyed him and decided to burry his face all over the pillow that he was hugging. Thankfully, the stupid creaking sounds stopped but what annoyed him even more was heavy footsteps perspicuously walking towards his king sized bed. 

 

"Chen! It's too early." Chanyeol groaned. "Well it's too early to start for some of yours too." His friend retorted back at him while pulling his long legs out of the bed. He held on tighter to the head board of the bed and kicked Chen lightly which he earned a glare from that action. "Why you spoiled little brat. Go up and get dressed already!" His friend shouted at him.

 

"Why would I!? I just came back last night and I deserve some rest!" He retorted back sloppily at his friend who was glaring at him from ear to ear. "Why? Your father is ing waiting for you in his damn office right now you giant brat! So you better get you and your to that bathroom and go wash up and get dressed on some ing proper clothes or ing get killed by me!" His friend angrily told him which kinda widened his eyes for a bit.

 

He grumpily stood up from the bed and sighed and walked towards the bathroom with only one thing crossing his mind. What will father tell me? Chanyeol was alway that type of a son to listen to whatever his father has to say for the sake of his own image. Even when it's about a very confidential thing, he never failed his father. But apparently as time passed by, the trust that he kept for his fathet was slowly fading away.

 

He doesn't want to listen to his own father anymore. He's not a typical five year old boy to just go and accept and accept all of the things that his father commands him to do. He knows what's best for him but because of the bossy egocentric image of his father, his life is like being trapped on a cage where in you can't find the way out, not even a key to fly away.

 

Everyone would just think of him as a lucky boy. A lucky boy who's got everything. Fame, money, luxurious mansion, a luxurious car and everything in this world that involves money. But for him, everything that he has is just a truculent one. He never appreciated the fact of being a rich boy since he was five. He always hated the fact that people who are rich like him would always be naggy and brag all of the things that they have.

 

He'll always say to himself that why can't people just be grateful and shut their mouth? He actually understands the way poor people suffer from poverty. He understands the way they think rich people are really selfish and cruel. He doesn't understand the world and how it became like this all of a sudden. A world that revolves with billions of people in it but the only problem is that there are so many levels in this world that he can't understand.

 

Life would only be better if you put all of your efforts in it. That's what he believes. But how can he show the effort that he's always been preparing to do when all of the things that's been given and done to him are all of his father's works? How can he show effort when his father is showing him something like that. Things that makes him think that he's just a useless son.

 

He left all of the thoughts and went out of the bathroom an directly walked to his dressing room. He took some proper clothes with him, as chen said. And started dressing up. After he was done, he went out only to find Chen, sitting on the edge of his bed comfortably messaging someone.

 

"Is that why you literally scolded me to go to the bathroom? So you can enjoy that special someone of yours?" Chanyeol which didn't work. Chen just smiled at him like it's nothing but came closer to chanyeol and slowly walked towards the giant. What Chanyeol didn't expect was that his friend will just hit him hardly in the head which made him yelp in pain. "Next time, it'll not only be a hit in your large head, next time I'll cut off your big ears!" Chen shouted right exactly at his ears.

 

"Besides, he's not just some special someone!" He heard Chen add up to his threatening statement which made his brows furrowed from being surprised. "he?" Chanyeol silently muttered but he saw Chen nodded through that. "You gotta be kidding me." Chanyeol said in awe but he saw Chen's face etched with curiosity in it.

 

"What's the problem if it's a guy? We're not in the ing 21st century you elf! We can do whatever we want!" Chen shouted hysterically. "Chill dude! Gosh. Of course I know that! But seriously, is it Xiumin?" Chanyeol asked with a teasing tone and he probably saw the obvious answer on his friend's face because Chen got flushed all of a sudden. "H-how are you sure?" Chen stutteringly asked. He's obviously trying to hide the nervousness that was coming all through him.

 

"I am sure, my friend that it is clearly Xiumin. You and your stuttering voice are so obvious." Chanyeol said while walking towards the door but before he was about to open the door knob he decided to tease one last time, "Oh and try not to be obvious okay?" He winked at chen and saw the reddish anger of Chen's face and he just simply laughed at the his friend denies it.

 

__________________________________________

 

 

Chanyeol hummed as he passed through the wide hallway of their luxurious mansion. He then passed by many doors and finally he got through the door of his father's personal office. He sighed deeply and reminded himself that everything will alright for the umpteenth time.

 

He slowly opened the glass door and as usual, he sees his father reading a logical book which never gets old. As his fathers saw him, he smiled at his son and gestured him to come and sit. "My son, come and sit." He said and Chanyeol followed as he closed the glass door behind him and sat on one of the comfortable chairs and hugged a throw pillow located in it.

 

His father smiled at him as if he was a very prous father to see his son growing up at such a very fine image. "Welcome back son, I've been waiting for your return and walla! You're here once again! It's been-" 

 

"8 years." He cut off his father with a serious look on his face. "Head straight to the point father." He coldly said and his father deeply sighed and began to speak. "You see, you're back and I figured out that you might need some assistive support due to some situations that might probably happen during your meantime stay here in Seoul." His father said with an exciting tone that can be heard from his voice. It was etched on all over it.

 

"So? What do you mean by some assistive support? I can take care of myself for the meantime I'm here, father." He retorted back. His father put down the book that he was reading and faced his son. "I know how you can be wild when you go to new places. I need someone to watch over you, Chanyeol. Someone who can be my right hand when it comes to taking care of you." He said and Chanyeol was about to speak but his father puts up his right hand to stop him from even beginning to talk.

 

"The main reason why I called you here is because I want you to live in your Aunt Sunyoung's house for the whole year." He said seriously and Chanyeol's eyes widened with that statement that came from his father. "What!?" He surprisingly asked his father. "You're gonna let me live on that house!?" He asked once again with both confusion, anger, and wander drained on his voice.

 

"Yes, Chanyeol." His father simply stated. "But why!?" He asked in frustration. "As I have said my son, you need assistive help and support. Your aunt doesn't have any children, so I guess she will help you along with her hired babysitter, since that's what she said." And from that, it made Chanyeol eyes grow even more wider. Who needs a ing babysitter at this age!?

 

"A babysitter!? But father! I'm too old for that!" He retorted but his father smirked and shrugged slyly at his son. "You can't change it anymore Chanyeol. It's all planned already." Chanyeok just stared at his father in shock and disbelief. "Your babysitter will come and pick you up at the a restaurant nearby Yongdusan Park tomorrow." His father stated. I'll be in ing-

 

"Yes, Chanyeol. You'll be in Busan with your aunt since that's where she lives." His father said as if he was reading his mind already. "But father, why do I need to have this kind of ing life while I'm here!? It's like your punishing me." He complained. "It's not a punishment Yeol. It's a lesson to be learned." What's the ing difference of being punished from learning your lesson!? It's ing the same!

 

His father simply stated and was about to leave on his chair when Chanyeol abruptly stopped him from doing so. "But wait, what's the name of the babysitter?" He asked absent mindedly.

 

"Byun Baekhyun."

 

Byun Baekhyun? You mean... "Your childhood friend."

 

Holy .

 

__________________________________________

 

YAY! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!^^