Final

I've Committed A Crime...

 “I just committed a crime and I need to use you as a hostage. I'm so sorry.”

 

Daehyun twirled the ring of keys around his index finger as he mindlessly whistled a tune. “How did I get that stupid song stuck in my head?” He asked before continuing to whistle the same tune. He walked down the street to his apartment.

Everything was going according to his daily routine. He stopped by the cafe and picked himself up a piece of their cheesecake that he loved so much. He always tried to wait until he was home to savor the heavenly taste of the cheesecake but would cave and end up eating the slice as he walked. By the time he finished off the slice he would be a few blocks from his apartment and get too lazy to go back to get another slice of cheesecake.

He greeted the ajumma that was sitting outside, like he normally would on his way home from class. “Daehyun-ah, I seem to have made too much food for dinner. Please come by later on. My husband and I would love to have you over.” The ajumma said.

“Neh ajumoni. I'll drop by later.” Daehyun waved at her as he now skipped down the street. The one thing that he loved more than food was free food. But he knew that his meal wouldn't be free. Whenever he was invited out to dinner, the ajumma always asked Daehyun for some kind of help around the house. But that didn't bother Daehyun one bit; the food was free and delicious.

He opened the door to his apartment building. A foot caught the door from closing. He looked back to see a short muscular brunet burst through the door. The boy hunched over, panting as he tried to catch his breath. Daehyun didn't think much about this, he turned back to walk to his apartment. He could hear footsteps behind him. He was forcefully pushed into his apartment the moment he opened the door.

“What the hell?” Daehyun said as he stumbled in. He turned to see the same boy that had come into the building with him locking his door. “Who the hell are you? And why did you just force yourself into my apartment? What the hell do you think you're doing?”

The boy looked out of the peep hole. “I'm-I'm holding you hostage.” The boy said.

Daehyun's jaw dropped in disbelief. “Huh? You're holding me hostage?”

The boy turned to him. “Yes.” He said as innocently.

“Wait. What?” Daehyun rose his eyebrow. “Are you serious?”

“I am.” The boy blinked. Daehyun stayed silent for a bit before bursting into a fit of laughter. He hunched over, hugging his stomach as his laugh increased in volume. His laughter carrying throughout the apartment; he was laughing so hard he didn't hear the hurried footsteps coming towards him. The boy grabbed his shirt and slammed him to the wall. “I'm serious.”

Daehyun's laughter stopped. His eyes widened as he looked back at the boy. The boy clenched his jaw as he tried to calm himself down. Daehyun could see the anger in the boy's face. He nodded. “Okay...” He said softly.

The boy let go off Daehyun's shirt. “Look,” He sighed. “Let me hide out here for a bit, until it calms down out there and then I'll be on my way. Okay?” Daehyun nodded. The boy stuck his hand out, palm up. Daehyun looked at the hand in confusion. He grabbed the boy's hand and shook it. “Your phone.” The boy said as he released his hand from Daehyun's grip. He stuck his now free hand out. “Gimme your phone.”

“Oh.” Daehyun reached behind him for his phone and handed it to the boy.

“Go sit on the couch.” The boy instructed.

“Are you going to tie me up?” Daehyun asked as he walked with the boy behind him.

“I don't want to but if you give me no choice...then I guess I'll have to.” The boy said.

Daehyun sat on the couch with his hands on his lap as he watched the boy walk around his apartment. The boy walked to the door and peered out of the peep hole once again. He walked from the door to one of the windows in the living room.

“So what's your name?” Daehyun asked. “I'm Daehyun.”

“I'm Jo- it doesn't matter who I am. The less you know about me the better.” The boys said as he looked out of the window.

Daehyun noticed how nervous the boy was. Jo walked from one window to the other, looking out for what Daehyun thought was the police. Something about the boy made Daehyun less afraid of the fact that he was being held hostage. Despite his muscular build, the boy had an almost innocent, puppy-like charm to him. He didn't seem like the type of person that would run with the bad crowd or like someone who would commit a serious crime that would require him to hide out from the police.

Daehyun had always been curious. Growing up, his curiosity would often get the best of him. That same curiosity caused him to ask, “So Jo, why exactly do you need to hold me hostage and hide out in my apartment?” He sat on his couch looking at the boy, waiting for his response. He knew it would go one of two ways: Jo would answer his question or Jo would gag him for asking.

“Huh?” Jo looked back at him. He blinked a couple of times as registered what Daehyun had said. “I committed a crime and now the cops are after me. So I'm hiding out here for a bit.” He said as he looked back out of the window.

Daehyun pulled his legs up onto the couch, crossing them underneath him so that he was now sitting on them. He pursed his lips together and nodded, thinking over what Jo had said. “So what kind of crime?” He asked.

“Littering.” Jo said as he still looked out of the window.

“Excuse me, what? Run that by me again?” Daehyun asked not sure that what he heard was correct.

Jo looked back at him with the most innocent look Daehyun had ever seen. “I was walking down the street while I was eating some food and when I finished eating, I tossed the bag of leftover food onto the street, not noticing that there was a police car coming. The bag landed on the windshield of the police car. I started running when the cop got out of his car because I didn't want to get arrested. I'm too young to have a criminal record! Plus my umma would kill me! So I ran so that I wouldn't get arrested because I could tell by the look on the cop's face that I was going to the slammer. And then I saw you opening the door to this building and well you know the rest.” Jo blurted out.

They stared at each other in silence for a few minutes until Daehyun busted out in a fit of non-stop laughter. He threw himself back on the couch, kicking his feet in the air. He didn't stop laughing when he rolled off the couch.

“Hey, what's so funny?” Jo asked.

“Y-you.” Daehyun said threw his laughter. “You can't...you won't...it's not...” Daehyun gasped for air, trying to calm himself down. When it seemed as if he had calmed down, another fit of laughter rolled over him. He hugged his stomach and rolled on his back. Tears rolled down his face and his chest began to hurt as his lungs begged for air.

“Hey!” Jo whined. “Stop laughing!”

Daehyun nodded. “Okay. Okay.” He sat up and took in deep breaths, calming himself. He wiped away the tears on his face as he giggled a little. “Sorry. It's just...” He giggled a bit. “I'm pretty sure you weren't going to get arrested. A ticket and probably a lecture, yes but definitely not arrested.”

Jo looked back at him like some confused puppy. “Huh?”

“Littering is illegal but it's not something that they can arrest you for. The worst you would have gotten was a small fine for littering.” Daehyun explained.

“But what about the cop car? I heard that cops arrest people for messing with their cars.”

“It was an accident right?” The boy nodded. “Then all you needed to do was use your cute innocent puppy-like charm that you have going for you and apologize. It would have been so cute that the cop wouldn't be able to resist letting you go.”

“Really?” The boy's face lit up.

Daehyun nodded. “Now that being said,” He got up from the floor. “I think it's safe for you to be out.”

“I think you're right.” The boy started to bow. “Sorry for this. I'm so, so sorry for this. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I was just so scared. I'm sorry.”

Daehyun placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, stopping him from his endless bowing. “It's fine. I actually got a good laugh from it.”

“You're not going to call the cops?” The boy asked, knowing that what he had just done was indeed something that he could get arrested for.

Daehyun shook his head. “You seem like a good kid. Confused a bit, but a good kid. So I won't call the cops on you. Better yet, the ajumma down the street invited me to dinner and she always makes more than three people can eat. Wanna tag along?”

“I don't know...” The boy hesitated.

Daehyun patted the boy's shoulder. “Come on...Jo?” He stopped. “Seriously though, what's your name?”

“It's Jongup.” The boy smiled.

“Trust me Jongup.” Daehyun opened the front door, pulling Jongup to come along with him. “The ajumma makes a cheesecake that's to die for.”

 


 

And there you have it.  I hope you guys liked it.  I'm not used to writing anything that's not BangHim or DaeJae lol.  I tried to make it somewhat cute and funny.

Please comment and upvote~

Til next time lovelies~