finalx

8:13 Blues

8:13 Blues.

 

 

 

If forgetting him, would be as easy as memorizing lines on a poem and counting numbers—then why can’t I forget him?

 

Maybe because they didn’t inform me, that it would take counting millions of stars, writing a letter for 813 days or 2 years and almost 3 months for him, memorizing lines in every text message he sent me- but why can’t I forget him?

 

If time heals everything, every wound that would make you miserable, every words that’d put you in sorrow, how much time should I buy to make the pain go away?

 

If it’s meant to be, it will be. But how are you going to know if it’s meant to be? How many tries should I have  before  the person I’ll spend a lifetime with is standing infront of me in the bus stop?

 

“They say follow your heart, but if your heart is in a million pieces which piece should you follow?”

 

Hi, my name is Byun Baekhyun and the piece I followed is the fragment that lead me to Park Chanyeol.

 

 

Fr: Yoda

Baekhyun-ah, Saranghae. <3

 

 

I checked my phone as it beeped in the pocket of my sweater. The carefully woven piece of clothing that I’ve treasured since I was in college. The sweater that’s been with me since the day Winter started- the day I started dating, Park Chanyeol.

 

I went inside a café, it is adorned by colourful lights which seems inviting for a person like me,  once I stepped inside the delightful aroma of coffee filled in my nose. I ordered the usual.

 

“Good evening sir! Welcome to Azuline Cafe, are you going to have the usual?” Jinri, the exquisite waitress that worked here for a month, served my coffee as usual.

 

 

 “Yes, please” I smiled, as I’ve waited the coffee she’s preparing.

 

 

“Here you go, an Americano for Byun Baekhyun, thank you very much!” Jinri said with a grin plastered on her face as she handed me the coffee. I returned a quick smile as I hurriedly went to the table by the corner, as usual.

 

 

I took my notebook out from the bag, I brought with me. It is a simple black notebook customized for him. Tomorrow is our 813th day and we promised each other to celebrate it.

 

 

The notebook contains 812 letters for him. I’ve started writing on it since the day, we became official. I took out a pen and started to scribble.

 


Chanyeol-ah,

 

This is the 813th letter, I’ve written, Aren’t you surprised? This is the last letter I’m going to write- It’s not that I’m tired of writing things like this but it sure does hurt my hand a bit.

 

I just wanted to tell you………


 

A low groan was heard inside a comfort room near Baekhyun’s table. A groan that he grew fond with.

 

What if I was just making things up?”

 

“What if it isn’t him?”

 

“What if?”

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

I stood up, and decided to peak.

 

Four.

 

Five.

 

Six.

 

I  wished, I  never did that.

 

Seven.

 

Eight.

 

Nine.

 

My heart, left forlorn.

 

Ten.

 

Eleven.

 

Twelve.

 

Thirteen.

 

I  never thought my heart would be this wrecked.

 

 

I sat down on my chair and continued to write what I’ve started.

 


Chanyeol-ah,

 

This is the 813th letter, I’ve written, Aren’t you surprised? This is the last letter I’m going to write- It’s not that I’m tired of writing things like this but it sure does hurt my hand, a bit.

 

I just wanted to tell you……..

 

That you are the only person I wish I’m with right now. The only person, I wanted to be with for a lifetime. The person, I wanted to sit with in a bus. The person, I wanted to cherish forever. The person, I wanted to make love with. The person, I wanted to spend with every rainy days. The person, I wanted to grow old with. The person, I wanted to see first every morning and the person I wanted to see last before I drift on my dreamland.

 

But I never asked you to be the person to break my heart.


 

 

A tear escaped on my left eye- which means it’s pain. I’ve read an article before.

 

Psychological fact: when a person cries and the first drop of tears comes from the right eye, it’s happiness. But when the first roll is from the left, it’s pain. 

“Am I in pain?” I sighed as he continued scribbling.

 


Today is our 813th day.

 

Remember when I kissed your cheek, 8:13 in the evening when we became official? I hope you won’t forget that.

 

Like how you forgot that we’re still together while making out with  that girl inside the comfort room. Like how you forgot that someone was waiting for you. Like how you forgot that someone is longing for you. Like how you forgot……..me.

 

I assume this is a goodbye?

Goodbye, Park Chanyeol.


 

 

I sat up and decided to leave. The tears escaping my eyes, blurred my vision. I never noticed I bumped on someone. I sniffed as I wipe I eyes with the sweater that’s been there, since we started dating and the sweater that’s been there since I bade goodbye.

 

“Mianhae” I  apologized sincerely.

 

“Watch out- Baekhyun?!” The stranger,  with disbelief in his eyes, stared at me . His arms clung on the girl he was making out with earlier.

 

I smiled as I handed the notebook to Park Chanyeol.

 

“I can explain-“ Chanyeol said as he held my hand.

 

“What for?” I said, bitterness evident on my voice as he bit his lower lip.

 

“Aigoo, jagiya, leave him and let’s go. Can’t wait to finish what we started earlier, he doesn’t deserve you anyways, such a pity.” The girl said as he pulled him away with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

 

I left and ran towards the bus stop.

 

“” I whispered as I started to reminisce what happened earlier. I went on the bus and sat near the window.

 

Everything is slipping away through my fingers as fast as memorizing lines on a poem and counting numbers and I can’t hold on to them anymore.

 

 

If forgetting him would be as easy as 123, abcd, and memorizing lines to a poem, why can’t I forget him?

 

---

 

Baekhyun slumped down on his chair infront of his laptop, he is in the café he used to go to,  as he clicked ‘publish’. He started writing  their love story since the 13th of August and this is the last chapter he took time writing. He threw a quick glance on his watch

­­­

8:13 pm.