Promise of a lifetime

Of Promises and Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is this just not working out anymore Jimin?" He said quietly.

Said man whipped his head at the direction of the voice. It's six o'clock in the evening, Jimin can hear the t.v from the living room which Hoseok left when he barged into the bedroom. He can smell the rice burning, but he doesn't care, they didn't care. They had to work out their issues first.

He bit his lower lip to keep them from trembling, hand firmly gripping the edge of their vanity table. "Hoseokie.."

Hoseok looked tired, his skin losing its usual glow, lifeless hair, dark circles under his eyes, chapped lips, he's not smiling.

Hoseok has never not smile.

"I..."

"Jimin, when we got married, I told you that I will love you...forever, unconditionally." He swallowed. "And you told me that after everything that has happened, you didn't regret anything. Anything." He looked a Jimin dead in the eye. "Now please, tell me...do you regret that now?"

 

 

 


"Uncle Jimin!"

Jimin bent down to meet the boy running towards him at full speed, arms outstretched, dimples deepening, eyes disappearing under a layer of eye fat.

"Junhongie!" The little boy crashed into his arms burying him in a warm bearhug. "My you're growing up fast!"

The boy smiled proudly putting his hands on his waist. "That's because mom makes me drink milk everyday! And I always sleep early. I always tell Hana-noona to drink milk and sleep early, but she doesn't. Maybe that's why she's small even though her fathers are big!"

Kids.

"You may be even taller than your dad now."

""Daddy doesn't sleep much now..." Junhong's eyes dropped a little. "Because mom can't sleep now..."

Jimin smiled softly then ruffled the boy's messy brown locks. "Don't go crying on me now, Junhong-ah. Your Uncle Hobi is waiting for you at home." The little boy smiled brightly again jumping a little then held Jimin's hand.

"Can we buy some icecream fiirst?"

"Sure."

Hoseok gave them an incredibly warm welcome too. He loves Junhong to bits and pieces, they both do. They've been thinking of adopting a child for some time now but things just doesn't seem to go according to plans.

"Careful Junhong, you might choke."

The boy stopped inhaling his japchae to give them a thumbs up. "I'm a growing boy so I need to eat!" He looked at Hoseok and frowned. "And I told you to call me Zelo Uncle Hoseok!"

Jimin frowned. "How come you don't tell me to call you Zelo?"

"Because Uncle J-Hope is cool." He said matter-of-factly. "We both rap with daddy and Uncle Rapmon so he gets to call me in my cool name! And I get to call him J-Hope sunbae!"

Hoseok guffawed while Jimin frowned some more before letting out a snort. "Fine fine, go with your cool uncles and father, let's see how you'd like it if I eat all your icecream."

Zelo's mouth dropped dramatically."You wouldn't.."

He gave the child a sinister grin along with his famous eyesmile. "Let's see."

Hoseok nudged his husband, still laughing. "Yah, stop scaring the kid. If you keep on threatening him with his icecream and began to lose weight, Aera will have our  asses and Yoongi won't let us babysit him again."

"I want to go home..."

The two stopped eating, both turning to Junhong who's suddenly quiet. "Junhongie-"

"I want to see my mom."

Hoseok exchanged alarmed glances with Jimin. "Your dad told you you could sleep here right? Don't you want to stay here with us?"

The boy's head bowed down, staring at his unfinished meal. "Mommy's waiting for me." He began scratching the fork he's holding with his thumb. "She's always tired when they get home."

Jimin patted the boy's back. "Do you really want to go home?"

The boy nodded surely. "Yes please."

Hoseok sighed. "Ok Zelo, after we finish eating ok?"

Yoongi and Aera should be back from the hospital by now.

After they dropped off the boy at his home, Jimin noticed Hoseok's silence. The man seems to be thinking a lot these days, always staring into space and quiet.

"What's wrong Hobi?"

Hoseok gave him a sideglance. "I want a child Jimin."

That threw Jimin off for a moment, eyes widely staring at his husband's driving figure. "What-"

"We've waited a long time don't you think?"

The younger sighed. "Now is kind of not the right time hyung."

"What do you mean time's not right, we've been planning this for years Jimin."

"We're not just ready to be parents yet."

"We babysit Junhong all the time he's practically our child. And I am ready to be a father, are you?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

J-hope gave a sound of frustration. "We have been talking about this for a long time Jimin. Years, we have been planning this for years. And still you're saying we're not ready? We're financially stable and we want this, what more does it take for us to be "ready"? "

"Things are kind of heavy right now, what with Aera coming in and out of the hospital, you, Namjoon-hyung, and Yoongi-hyung always working out late, and then I had to take care of Junhong now most of the time-like you said he's practically our child."

Hoseok can't control the slight rising of his voice. "They have their lives, we have ours!"

"Doens't mean we can't get invloved in theirs. Yoongi-hyung is one of our bestfriends and you're saying that we should leave him with his problems so that we can have our own family??"

"I'm not saying that!"

"Then what??"

Hoseok sniffed, braking a little hard at the next traffic light. "You're being too concerned with Suga-hyung's family. Too involved, it's like all you talk about for the past few weeks is what you see, what you notice, what is happening to Yoongi."

He parked the car and got out of the car without another word.

Jimin was stumped.

The way Hoseok said the last part was different.

Jimin was out of it the next morning when he was driving to Yoongi's home again. He was going to take care of little Zelo for the day since it it's his off day as a dance instructor as Seoul Performing Arts and Yoongi has to take Aera to the hospital yet again.

The door was opened rather quickly after only a few soft knocks and was met by a crying Junhong who huddled against his torso, embracing him tightly trying to stop a hiccup.

He knelt in front of the child and brushed his hair away from his forehead. "What's wrong Jun-" He didn't even get to finish his question.

"We were supposed to be a team Aera! A partner for life, remember that?! And now you're hiding this from me?!"

Both he and Junhong was frozen on the spot, in the middle of the living room.

Aera's voice was quiet and soft, like she was struggling to keep he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter