Oh Dongwoon!

I Like You Best

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

 

There was only about a week and a bit left of school before the holidays. I will finally get my well-deserved break. Just a few more days. I pulled out my iPod and put the playlist on shuffle, put my earphones in and proceeded to walk to school.

So beautiful my girl, Oh Oh girl, Oh oh Girl…

Ahh… The lyrics of the song just fit perfectly to IU. I smiled as I walked closer to the gates. I hope I would see her today!

As soon as I walked in, my wish had been granted. She was walking towards me. I smiled at her and when she approached me, she said something. I pulled out my earphones.

“Sorry, what did you say?”

She didn’t repeat what she said and instead handed me a piece of paper, neatly folded up. Why was she giving me a…note? Hmm…

I reached out and took it. I smiled at her, though she wasn’t looking at me. As soon as I took the note, she just ran. Why did she run? I stood there staring after her. Uhh…. Ok? I carefully unfolded the note and saw very pretty writing. My heart beat sped up.

Dongwoon Sunbae,

                I know this might seem a bit sudden, but I just thought I’d tell you that I like you. I’m not expecting anything in return but I just felt like you had to know. I really like you.

From Lee Jieun (IU)

 

She. Likes. Me. I read the note for about a hundred times before I started walking again. She likes me. My heart was racing. I had to find her. I ran in the direction that she ran in and crashed into Gikwang as soon as I ran into the building.

“WHOAA! Dongwoon! What’s the rush? It’s too early in the morning to rush,” he laughed.

I the note in his hands.

“Read it!”

He quickly scanned the note. He then looked up at me and smiled.

“Ahh! Dongwoon-ah! She beat you to it,” he laughed.

I punched him softly.

“I’m going to find her. And when I do, I’m going to just walk up to her, tell her that I like her too and hug her.”

“Well what are you waiting for then? GO! Before the bell rings!”

I ran down the hallway then stopped. I didn’t know where she would be… the school was pretty big and… I glanced down at my watch. There was only three minutes left until the bell. I sighed and walked to class. Looking for her would have to wait.

 

Lunchtime

 

I was walking through the overcrowded hallway when I saw IU. I turned around to the lockers and tried to find her but I couldn’t. Hmm… Must have mistaken her with someone else. I sighed. I haven’t seen her all day.

When I reached our usual spot, I showed Hyunseung, Junhyung and Doojoon the note. After reading it, Hyunseung just sat there patting my back and smiling, Junhyung sat there smirking and Doojoon started manically laughing.  

“Hyung!” I whined. “Why are you laughing?”

“She confessed before you did.”

“How is that something worth laughing at?”

“Well you were so prepared and ready to jump out there and confess to her, but then when the time came, she interrupted and now confessed first?”

I snatched the note back and glared at him. Not funny at all. I looked up and saw Yoseob running to us. When he reached us, I waved the note in his face and smiled. Yoseob just smiled back without taking the note and sat down next to me.

“You’re not going to see what it is?”

“I know what it is,” laughed Yoseob. “And I’ve read it.”

“I didn’t show it to you yet…”

“No, IU showed it to me before she gave it to you. Well, more like her friend showed it to me. She wanted to make sure it was good enough.”

I scrunched up my face. Then, the best idea came to me.

“Hyung, you see her a lot right?”

“Umm… sometimes. Why?”

“Do you know where she is now? I want to go and tell her that I like her back of course!” I beamed.

Yoseob glanced away.

“Um… I haven’t seen her all day…”

“Don’t you know where she normally hangs out at lunch? Do you think you'll be able to get her to meet me somewhere?”

“Yeah. I walked past and she wasn’t there. And I don't know if that is possible at this time. She's really busy right now.”

Yoseob then turned to the guys. “Hey does anyone have any food? I’m starving!”

I grabbed his arm.

“You REALLY don’t know where she is?”

He ignored me.

“I want… some dukbokki! Let’s go eat some after school yeah?” asked Yoseob, excitedly.

“Fine,” I muttered.

“I’ll be right back guys!”

“Where are you going?” asked Gikwang.

“Uh… I need to find…Hyuna…She has my…my…maths textbook!”

I quickly ran off and tried to find IU. When I reached the tree where she normally sat at lunch, she really wasn’t there, like Yoseob said.

Where was she?

I spotted her friend… Jiyoung, I think...sitting near the fountain. I rushed to her and asked where IU was.

“IU?” she replied.

“Yeah… IU…She gave me something this morning and I need to find her. It’s important.”

“Ahh! The note!”cried Jiyoung. She looked hesitant.

“I don’t know where she went…She told me she was going to the library but I went to find her and she wasn’t there. Sorry”

I sighed. Why didn’t anyone know where she was?

“Thanks anyway!” I said.

Her friend smiled at me and continued to eat her lunch.

In defeat, I walked back to the guys.

“Where’s your textbook?” asked Gikwang.

“What textbook?”

“Didn’t you say that you were going to get your textbook from Hyuna?”

I face-palmed myself. I totally forgot that I told them that.

“Uhh… turns out, she already gave it back to me. I forgot.”

“Right…”

I turned away from them and pulled out my iPod.

So beautiful my girl, oh oh girl, oh oh girl.

I sighed. The same song from this morning. IU. My beautiful girl. Where are you?