Simple Things About You

Simple Things About You (Two Drabbles That Will Cause Cavities)

 

Drabbles that will cause your teeth cavities.

Simple Things About You - Part I

 

Minho and Taemin had just started going out since four days ago, and today was the first time they walked together – to Minho’s house.

But no matter how people looked at them, it was really strange how they walked not side by side, or hand in hand, but Taemin was trailing after Minho, drooping his head and watching how his feet were taking steps as if his feet were the most adorable scene to be witnessed.

But to Minho, it seemed so obvious what Taemin was thinking now.

Crap.

This feels so awkward.

Minho glanced over his shoulder, and almost exploded in laughter when he saw how red Taemin’s ears had become – but he could not lose himself at the time like this. He was usually this charismatic and calm, after all.. but after meeting this guy, everything suddenly felt had changed in Minho’s steady-paced world.

“ I love you, Hyung.

When the innocent sweet guy confessed to him without thinking twice, Minho almost forgot where he lived or what he was doing.

Because, to tell you the truth, Minho had realized it before that this guy might have a crush on him – but blurting out what in his head so sudden like that, making Minho become interested in him.

And before he knew what he said, he could hear his own heartbeat.

Perhaps, right after Minho figured out about Taemin’s secret crush, he had been paying attention to this beautiful male unconsciously.

The way Taemin spoke softly.

The way Taemin grinned childishly.

And the way Taemin stared at him gently.

The next thing Minho could remember was, he answered,

“ Then be my boyfriend.”

What the he had said – Minho was blaming himself for saying such a stupid offer. Because hell, it was Taemin who confessed to him, and saying that made him sound like Minho had been anticipating for the confession.

But seeing how shocked Taemin was, Minho could not help but think, this guy was unbearably cute.

And what were they doing now?

Minho sighed.

I suggested him to come over without really thinking, but –

Again, Minho took a peek to see his new lover again.

Stumble. Stumble. Stumble.

“ Pft – “

Taemin stopped his stiff walk, widened his eyes in shock and blushing. “ Wh – what? Did you just surpass your laugh? Why?”

Minho looked away, pretending that nothing happened. “ Must be your imagination.”

Taemin blinked twice shyly, then looked at the ground again, not stopping his walk.

Why do this guy’s feelings have to so obviously show up in his attitude..

Minho slowly started immersed in his own mind.

What was he thinking when he invited Taemin over?

They just became a couple – and yet doing this too reckless decision..

And they didn’t know each other well either, aside from Minho’s favorite sport, nothing else as a topic for their conversation.

Self-introduction?

Minho wanted to knock off his own head terribly.

What’s a self-introduction anyways..

Birthday?

Horoscope?

Body weight?

Anything else?

Perhaps Taemin’s hobbies.. if there were any of them..

Or our shoe sizes?

Minho hissed inwardly.

What the hell am I gonna do with his shoe size..

Suddenly Minho felt how ridiculous it seemed.

Also, seeing how stiffer Taemin’s steps had become.. A funny, worth thing to watch indeed.

It’s all so new. I don’t know nor have a clue where to start – damn it.

And it was already roughly couple meters to his house, at least, at the very least – he emphasized – he needed to try not to get too excited, or worked op, anything that could embarrass himself.

So where should I start from?

Minho stopped, making Taemin squawk and peered at the older.

And Minho stared at him quietly.

“ You know..”

Taemin batted his long eyelashes curiously.

“ .. I really don’t think you need to be so nervous.”

Why am I lying to myself too?

Taemin widened his eyes, jaws dropping.

“ EH?!!”

To think that.. he looks like he’s thinking, ‘How did Minho Hyung know?!”

Again, Minho could hear his own heartbeat.

Thump.

Thump.

He was just as nervous as Taemin.

Because there’s just too much..

I want to ask you.. to know about you more..

 

Simple Things About You – Part 2

 

It had been two weeks since Taemin and Minho started dating and a lot of people were deploring it. Firstly because Taemin was too beautiful that many untamed animals were after his – also Minho, the best-looking guy in the school had broken a hundred girls’ hearts.

But they both didn’t really care, after all. They were just too busy with their own world, so why bother?

 And after all..

“ Hyung! It’s heavy! I can do it by myself!”

Minho, who suddenly took away the books that Mr. Park ordered Taemin to bring, rolled his eyes, seeing how his lover puffed his cheeks and telling him nonsense.

“ Idiot. Let me carry them for you, I’m stronger, you see..”

Taemin whined. “ Hyung! It’s okay!”

“ Taemin-ah, stop it. People are watching!”

“ But Hyung, it was you who started it..” the younger mumbled quietly, nonetheless Minho could still hear it anyway.

“ You fool. At the time like this, you can count on me or ask me for help. You were stumbling, don’t you know it?”

 

It would seem that Minho was scolding Taemin, just like that, but to other people who were watching, it was different.

“ What a lovey dovey couple..”

 

~*~

 

“ Oh Hyung – I am sorry for making you carrying those books..”

Taemin had not stopped incoherently apologizing, even after they brought the books to Mr. Park’s room, which made Minho look a bit frustrated and patted Taemin’s head.

“ It’s okay, really. You aren’t that troublesome, you hear that?”

Taemin sighed. “ Yes..”

Minho nodded, saying a soft ‘good’ as they walked together – an improvement whereas before they could not even look at each other’s eyes. But still, they awkwardly fell in silence, something that they had not gotten used to have sort of comfortable conversation.

Then right when they stopped in front of Taemin’s class, suddenly, Minho’s stomach growled, asking for a food.

Minho grimaced. “ , I forgot to take a breakfast..”

Taemin looked that he had remembered of something after hearing that – because he suddenly told Minho to stay there and rushed in to the class, leaving the dumbfounded Minho.

When Taemin returned, Minho noticed that Taemin was holding a small box in his hand.

“ For you, Hyung.”

Minho frowned, but he accepted the small box anyway.. and he smelled a very delicious scent coming from it, so he pondered what it could possibly be.

“ Cookies,” Taemin grinned shyly, “ My mother made some this morning.”

“ Oh –“ Minho blinked, “ Thanks..”

But unfortunately, I can’t eat –

“ I asked mom not to give much sugar, but she added ginger, so probably they suit your taste.”

Minho’s forehead crinkled. “ Wait, how did you know that I don’t really like sweets?”

The blush in Taemin’s face became vivid as he looked at his shoes awkwardly. “ Uh.. Isn’t it normal if I know about things that the person I love, likes and dislikes?”

 Minho, of course, in the other hand, was remained speechless. Taemin nervously entwined his fingers together and spoke, “ You see, we haven’t had any sort of long conversation so I didn’t really know about you.. So I decided to find it by myself..”

Hearing the honest answer made Minho gulp – andhis face was slightly red.

Just because he could feel Taemin’s love for him.

“ Well – I’ve thought about this too..”

 Taemin tilted, waiting Minho to finish his words.

“ There was a time.. when we walked together.. or when I stared at you.. I realized that I haven’t known about you that much.. so I began wondering..”

Minho’s chest heaved down, feeling so embarrassed.

“ .. about.. like, your birthday.. your height.. your weight.. and even your shoe size..”

Taemin’s eyes became wider – and his cheeks turned pink.

“ Such an immature way of thinking, wasn’t it?”

They both didn’t speak after a while, and exchange glances. Minho sighed, wanting to smack his face so bad – he felt that he had turned the atmosphere between them become more awkward than before.

Silly, why did I –

“ I was born on July 18, and my shoe size is 23.5.”

Minho’s sense was snapped with Taemin’s soft voice bringing him back to life. He confusedly blinked. “ W – what?”

The young boy smiled sweetly, even though Minho could see the pink blush there, on Taemin’s already rosy cheeks – but he still managed to sound really calm, despite he was fluttered while saying it.

“ I think.. That’s fine.. Really..”

“ Huh?”

Taemin blushed again, and broke the eye-contact. “ I was.. thinking.. something similar back then..”

Minho clenched his fist, and his heart was pounding so fast.

“ Just like.. what you were thinking.. I did that too..”

This is not good.

Minho covered half of his face who felt warm suddenly, and looked away.

I really want to hug him now..

Without thinking, Minho took Taemin’s small hand – the younger boy yelped in surprise – and he squeezed it gently.

He could feel the fierce heartbeat.

And did Taemin’s temperature become warmer too?

So we are same.

“ Taemin..”

“ .. Yeah, Hyung?”

Minho tried his best to look composed, yet he knew inside he really failed.

“ Let’s eat these cookies together. It’s not good if I eat them alone.”

But actually,

I just want an excuse to spend my time with you..