end

Notice Me

Life . High school . Love . Everything . That's what Daehyun thought when he learnt that his best friend / crush had a boyfriend. The typical love story you would say. But no. Not for Daehyun.

He was sure Youngjae and he were meant to be. Nobody could separated them. Nobody except one boy. Mark. The worst was that he didn't see it coming. Never his friend told him about liking a boy.

I should have ask him earlier, I had five ing years to do it. He thought angry at himself for being a coward.

It's been two months since his friend and his boyfriend were together. Two months with Daehyun spending his time alone.

It was not like his young friend cared, since he was in couple, he completly ignored Daehyun. He had eyes only for his Mark.

Each time Daehyun called for their Saturday's movie night, studying session or just to hang out. He was busy with his boyfriend. So when Youngjae came to him, he did the same. He missed their time together tho. Only the two of them. But he had his proud.

"- ...hyun Daehyun". He snapped out of his daydream when he saw a waving hand before his eyes.

"-what? Did you call me ?" He took a look at the now empty classroom.

"Yeah I called you, class is over. Move your it's lunch time." Lunchtime. How could he forget the most important moment of the day. Damn I got it bad.

"I'm coming Jongup" He lazily followed his young friend.

When they arrived at the table, Junhong was already there. Nothing new. But Youngjae was here too. Usually he would eat with his perfect boyfriend so what was he doing here?

"Hyungs, look who is here today. Youngjae hyung" said the younger of the group excitedly. 

"hey guys" Jongup bowed to greet him and Daehyun ignored him. Oddly his hunger was gone. He wanted to leave, running away from the cafeteria. But he didn't want to worry his friends for nothing.

" So hyung, where is that boyfriend of yours?" Asked Junhong.

"The English teacher caught him. He's in detention all afternoons this week". He sounded disappointed by the news.

"Oh that's not cool. All your dates are cancelled poor hyung" Daehyun wanted to laugh. Seriously? Poor hyung?

"We were supposed to study tonight and Friday he would meet my parents. They seemed excited to see him" They were supposed to study? This was he and Daehyun's study day before. So this was serious between them. He was ready for the family thing.

Even if Daehyun was jealous and hated Mark more than anything. He wanted his friend to be happy. Seeing him sad because he couldn't spend time with his boyfriend hurted him. He couldn't stand it.

"Excuse me I have something to do"

"Dae you didn't eat" They were all shocked. He shook his head muttering a "not hungry" and left.

"Youngjae I have a question. If it was not because Mark couldn't make it, you wouldn't eat with us right?" Without waiting for an answer, Jongup left too.

"Don't worry hyung, he didn't mean it"

"No Zelo he's right and you know it. I should make up to you guys. Especially Daehyun."

The English teacher was marking papers, alone in her classroom. Daehyun knocked twice on the door before entering and closing it. The teacher was an American woman in her thirties. And she was not ugly. Long tanned legs, curly brown hair, short skirt. She was a beautiful woman.

"Miss, can I talk to you about something?"

-----------------------------------------------

"Yongguk Hyung, how do you make someone notice you ?" Daehyun asked his older brother.

" I don't know, be yourself !?" That's what he did but it never worked.

"No. How did you... Seduced Jieun noona?" It was embarrassing to asked that and seeing his brother's face, he wouldn't escape the teases.

"Is Daedae in love ?"

"WH... No. Drop it okay. Can I take the car today?"

"Don't change the subject man."

"Sorry hyung but I really have to go"

"Alright you can take the car but we'll talk about that. Deal?" As if.

"Deal" This was always like that between them. Since their parents returned to Busan for work, they learnt to live together. It never been easy, especially when they fight it's quite violent. But they were a support for each other, always there in any moments.

They kept talking about anything until the bell rang.

Daehyun who was ready for school decided to open. He thought it would be Jieun or the postman but...

"Hi !" Youngjae more beautiful than ever at his door.

"Hi. Do you need something? I have to go" he would not act like nothing happened. Never. He was angry at him.

"Cool let's go together. Like before" Daehyun ignored him and made his way to the car.

"Wow you have your license, I didn't know." He sat on the passenger seat, impressed. Didn't asked for permission to come. "Why didn't you tell me?" He tried to tell him but his boyfriend was the only thing he cared.

"I didn't want to lose your precious time for nothing." He said with a hint of sarcasm.

"What do you mean by that?" Frown the younger.

"The day I tried to tell you, you said. 'Sorry Dae I really have to go, we'll talk later'."

"Sorry about that. And why did you left yesterday? You never missed a meal".

"You know how hard it is for me to study and now that I have to study by myself it takes more time that's why I left yesterday" Of course he said that to make him feel guilty. A part was true because with the younger, learning was easier.

"I can help if you want"

"Thanks but no thanks, I don't need your pity. I'm used to be alone now. Don't try to act like we're friends." He the radio loud enough to make the other understand he didn't want to talk.

"We're here you can join your boyfriend now I need my alone time please." He didn't miss the look of hurt on his friend's face nor his quiet "sorry".

"Yah Daehyun what happened with Youngjae he looked very upset ?" Asked Jongup coming from nowhere.

"I don't know, ask him" He was not in the mood.

"Okay calm bro, Himchan hyung was looking for you"

 

"BOUH"

"Damn Himchan you scared me" Hopefully for Daehyun, nobody was around.

"So what's up Dae !?"

"Always the same, nothing new" Himchan wasn't a student. He helped the students in difficulties so he was there nearly every day. Like a tutor. He was also Yongguk's best friend so he was like a second big brother for Daehyun. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah I wanted to check something but I can't tell you yet". Daehyun didn't respond, he simply nodded. A pleasant silence reigned between them until...

"Hey hyung can I ask you something?" The hyung nodded so he continued "How do you make someone notice you but without showing that person you're interested in them?"

"You mean catching her attention?" It was not a her but...

"Yeah exactly"

"If you want my help you have to tell me more about that person"

"Okay. There's that someone I like a lot but who is taken. This person who was a good friend of mine seems to ignore me since this lover... appeared. I want to make them look at me more without being too obvious."

"Recap, you want Youngjae to notice you." Daehyun didn't expect that at all. How did he know? Was he that obvious ? "Don't worry, I know more than you know, I have a reporter and come on, you just described you and Youngjae's friendship. I'll help you with that. You won't have to hook up with the English teacher this time." Daehyun was red, nobody was supposed to know that. "The best way to make someone notice you is making em jealous. I tell you the first step". He said in a mischievous tone. " Oh and thank you for helping me with what I wanted to check." He winked.

Befriending the popular crowd was easy for Daehyun. He was handsome with a nice body and some fan girls. Easy.

The clique was impossible to miss. The members were loud and all good-looking. They accepted him without hesitation. They tried to approach him when he was new, but Daehyun didn't like too much attentions, and he wanted to stay with his best friend.

That day, Youngjae decided to eat with his friends and his boyfriend. He really wanted to make up with them and since Mark's detention has been curiously cancelled, it was a good start.

The popular group entered the cafeteria with their new member. He was with a girl on each arms some times kissing one or the other. Damn you Kim Himchan I look like a pimp. He thought. He felt bad for ignoring Jongup and Junhong but it was his last chance.

"Why is Daehyun with this narcissistic gang?" Asked the younger. Jongup was the only one who didn't seem surprised.

"He's the hottest guy of the school and I'm straight so why would he stay with us ? Youngjae hyung left us too though"

"I heard he joined the soccer team." Mark said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Youngjae asked his boyfriend. 

"I thought you two had a fight since you kept ignoring him, even to hang out." Replied the other, making his pretty boyfriend feel even more guilty. He understood why he was so cold to him.

From Chanie

To Dae.

Good job, his eyes were glued to you. After school you'll go to the library with Jen, the target will be there.

Jen was their complicit, she was Himchan's little sister but only Daehyun knew that.

He just send an 'okay' text. He didn't like the jealous idea but he was so desperate, he would try anything.

"Ready Jung ?" Asked Jen.

"Stop calling me that Kim. Let's go" He chose a table near he and Youngjae's previous spot. Himchan was hiding somewhere in the library. Jen left Daehyun for the plan.

From Chanie

To Dae

Let's go Jung he's coming.

Daehyun read but didn't answer. What's their problem calling me Jung this two. He hated being called by his surname. He decided to take his books and work to be more credible.

"Daehyun!?" He recognized immediately the voice. He missed it. A lot. Even if he heard it the same morning. He didn't say anything, he just smile at them. "You review your lessons can we join you ?" It wasn't a part of the plan.

"I'm waiting for someone but I'm sure she won't mind" He couldn't refuse. He already felt bad for the way he talked to him the morning.

"Hey Jungie I'm here who are your friends. Nice to meet you I'm Jen, Daehyun's tutor and future girlfriend." The last part was not expected, Youngjae's eyes were wide.

"I'm Youngjae and this is my boyfriend Mark I didn't know Dae needed a tutor"

"Oh you never told me about them Jungie." He reported his attention back on the couple. " My poor Dae he used to study with a friend but he left him so now I help him." Youngjae's cheeks were burning, he was the friend she was talking about. Daehyun remarked his friend's embarrassment.

"Okay Jen let's work please." Said quietly Daehyun.

From Chanie

To Dae

I told you my sister was the best. Now kiss her.

"Jungie are you okay? You're still going to my place after right?"

"Hm... Yeah yeah definitely."

---------------------------------------

"Wow guys you were amazing, he was jealous but Daehyun you should have kissed her."

"C'mon Chan I already kissed two girls today, I won't kiss all the school."

"But it's not the same, this was on the cheeks. With Jen this was supposed to be on the mouth." They were at Himchan’s house for the last part of the plan.

"So what's the idea?"

"The popular crew and the library thing were good, but you need something better."

"What?"

"A boyfriend. You need a boyfriend. I know someone who can..."

"Stop Himchan. There's no way I do that. Acting or not I can't." Being with a boy that is not Youngjae even for fake was impossible for him.

"You have to do it, this is the last part of the plan"

"So I quit" If what he did don't work, he would have to move on because he won't go out with a guy.

"It's nothing Jung it will be only a week at least." Added Jen.

"Listen guys. I'm happy you accepted to help me and you really did great but I can't continue. I have to accept the fact that I lost. What would it change to make him jealous, he won't suddenly fall for me. Let's stop here."

 

The following weeks were the worst. Daehyun try to move on, he would spend his time in books and all kind of school stuff to keep his mind busy. At least, it was not a waste of time. Youngjae ignored him more than before since the plan. He must be disgusted by me.

"Hey lil bro I'm going out with some friends, wanna come?" Why not it wouldn't hurt to have some fun.

"okay" He took his jacket then followed his brother to the closest bar.

"Himchan’s not here ?" All Yongguk's friends were there so why he couldn't see his best friend.

"No. He couldn't come. Why do you need to talk to Himchan and not me? I'm your brother." He asked a bit angry and sad at the same time. "I would have help you with your love problem better than Himchan did".

"So he told you?" He questioned not really surprised.

"Of course he did, he was worry about you and I was too. You became weird lately".

"Weird? So studying is weird for you?"

"You know what I meant Daehyun. If you don't talk to Youngjae, I'll do it and you know I will." Daehyun felt ashamed suddenly. His brother was right, he had to grow some balls.

"I'll talk to him. Just give me a week or two".

Daehyun had plenty of occasions to talk with Youngjae, but when the moments came, he panicked.

He thought it would be easier when Jongup told him Mark and Youngjae broke up. But no. He couldn't confessed to his friend who just ended his love story. It was too soon.

It wasn't like they were best friends again, Youngjae was with Junhong and Jongup. Daehyun was still with the popular group. But today, he promised his old friends to eat with them.

"Dae hurry up it's lunch time, Jae and Jun are waiting for us". It was not his fault, this teacher always made them leave late. Youngjae and Junhong were in different classes.

"Hey guys what took you so long ? Math teacher?"

"Yeah as usual" Answer the elder, his mouth already full of food. " Did you wait a long time?"

"No, Youngjae hyung’s admirers distracted us. Since he is single, a lot of boys try to woo him" Explained Junhong.

"Oh are you interested in someone ?" Dared to ask Jongup.

"... Yes. Maybe" He said more to himself.

"What about you Jongup, you seem really close to Gina" Daehyun’s attention was not in the conversation anymore. He wondered who could be that guy Youngjae like.

It was probably time to confess even if it was not mutual. He needed to tell his friend the truth. It would be a way to move on after the rejection.

Daehyun threw an eye around him. There were so much boys. Which one could be Youngjae's crush. What was his ideal type. Tall ? Muscular? Tanned? No. Mark was the opposite. But they were not together so maybe his tastes changed. It was a good reason for him to confess.

 

Daehyun was helping his big brother prepare his date. They cooked and set the table together.

"You don't have to go because of the date. You won't bother us you know" Reassured Yongguk.

"I know hyung thanks. But I want to tell Youngjae my feelings."

"Oh in that case..." He was so proud of his little brother. He was becoming a man. "Everything will be alright Dae".

 

"Daehyun !?" An unfamiliar voice called.

"Oh hi !" He didn't even recognize the person.

"Are you alone ? do you need compagny ?" The girl was ready to take the chair next to him but Daehyun prevent her.

"NO.... No sorry I'm waiting for someone." She quickly left without saying anything. He enjoyed his loneliness and order more alcohol. It would give him more courage.

He was a patient man, but the other wouldn't come, this was certain. He sent the message two hours ago.

He spent the rest of the night drinking, thinking at any moment the door of the bar would open revealing Youngjae.

"Dae are you okay? What did you drink man?" He passed his scolding brother and went to his bedroom. With his clothes on, he fell on the bed where he was immediately wecolmed in dreamland.

 

The next morning, he woke up with the worst hangover of his life. He wondered how did he manage to go home. He felt like his head would explode.

"Damn, my head" He said trying to open his eyes.

"How much did you drink ? Take that" He took the medicine, thinking it would be his brother. I didn't know Yongguk hyung's voice could be so smooth.

"Thanks hyung" He said without looking at the person.

"Hyung ? Since when did I become older than you Dae?" He composed himself to see who was the stranger.

"Damn I really drunk a lot, I see Youngjae everywhere" he couldn't believe he was there.

"Yeah you must have drank a lot but I'm really here Daehyun and I need some explanations" he said seriously, his arm and legs crossed. The view was too y for the lover boy.

"C'mon Jae I just woke up gimme some tim...?

"Now"

"Okay chill bro I'll tell what you want to know but first, can you change your position it's really... Distracting." The asking made the pretty smirk. He didn't change his position, it could help him.

"So. Jongup told me everything and your reaction just now tell me he's right"

"Jongup? What did he tell you?"

"Let's me think... Hm... He told me about your plan with Himchan who by the way was stupid, the reason and he told something about you and the English teacher. Seriously Dae a teacher. Why did you do that?" Daehyun was mouth open, realizing what his friend was talking about

"I... You... How did he know?" He was sure Himchan and Jen were the only ones who knew.

"He told me something about Kim Himchan and reporter. I didn't catch. You didn't answer." Daehyun just understood, Jongup was Himchan's 'reporter'.

"I understand now" He turned to the other who was waiting for his answer. "oh yeah sorry I forgot about the question. So. Last time, when you told us about the detention thing you looked so sad, I couldn't stand it. So I... Had... with the prof and she cancelled the detention. I did it for you" The younger left his sit to join Daehyun on the bed facing him.

"You didn't have to do that. I would have survive from a week without him you know."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to see you happy. If you're happy with him or any other guy" Even if it hurted.

"Not anymore."

"What do you mean ?" He asked frowning.

"Your plan with Himchan was really stupid like really really, but it worked. You know I was in love with you even before I met Mark. I thought dating him would help me moving on. I thought I loved him, but then I saw you with that two girls at the cafeteria and with that Jen at the library. I couldn't deny it. I was jealous and my feelings for you were still here." He couldn't believe it. Was he blind all this years ?

"I don't believe you, you avoided me this last weeks and yesterday you didn't come. Why?"

"I was trying to convince myself I was not in love with my stupid best friend. But I failed." Daehyun never thought one day he would heard that.

"Wait so all this time I thought you'll be hmmmph... Yah why did you kiss me ?"

"I confessed to you and you keep blabbering." He answered pouting cutely.

"Okay okay I'm sorry but are we together ?" Youngjae couldn't believe his stupid friend now boyfriend was asking that.

"I think I don't need to answer."

"So is that a yes?" He received a death glare but didn't stop. "I need an answer Youngjae"

"Yes idiot but I wonder why." He laid the younger on his back and started kissing his neck.

"So since we're already in bed maybe we can you know." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Get out of me you ert" He tried to push his boyfriend but this one was stronger and his kisses tickle him.

"You're not really convincing baby"

"Dae... Pleaahhh stop." He couldn't prevent his moans.

"Are you sure you want me to stop" He took the time to observe his lover beneath him.

"No"

"That's what I thought." "I... Love... you... Youngjae" He said between kisses.

"I... Love... You... Too... Dae" He said between moans.

End.

Thanks for reading.

See ya