Kyungsoo's Favourite Ending

Kyungsoo's Favourite Ending

 

Kyungsoo woke up from the sound of someone calling his name. He kept his eyes shut and was sure that he wouldn't open them for anybody until he felt like crawling out of bed (or until it was time for dinner because he was in charge of making sure the boys didn't go to bed hungry). But what he didn't know, or rather forgot about, was that there were exceptions. And these exceptions usually involved the presence of Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered open when he heard the tanned boy call his name again.

" Yes, hyung is here, " he said, rubbing his eyes with one hand while reaching towards Jongin with the other.

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a high five, in which the latter frowned in response.

He had expected Jongin to hold his hand, that was outstretched purposefully for that very reason. And then they would lie down on the bed together and... Kyungsoo decided he was going to update his kaisoo fanfiction (which wasn't rated mature, thank you very much) later in the day.

" Hyung, can you keep a secret? " Jongin asked, fidgeting.

Kyungsoo nodded his head as he looked at the boy very seriously. God, please let Jongin be gay for me.

" I… I think I'm in love with Sehun. "

Kyungsoo fainted.

 

He wasn't sure if it was possible, but when Kyungsoo was unconscious, he dreamt that he was the captain of a beautiful ship that was sailing across what seemed to be the Pacific Ocean (he wasn't sure though, he was never good with geography). The ship was filled with many passengers, all of which were teenagers and young adults. Everybody was having a good time until Jongin, who was second in command, suggested that they should sail offcourse to explore the wonders of the sea.

Kyungsoo wasn't sure if it was because of Jongin's convincing tone or because of his insanely good looks but for some reason, he agreed almost immediately.

But that was a mistake on his part.

The passengers started shouting about how the ship was going to collide with an iceberg, but Jongin paid no heed to it. And when Kyungsoo found out, he tried to get steer the ship away with the best of his ability, but he didn't manage to do so in time, hence said accident happened.

" J-jongin… Why? " Kyungsoo stuttered, clinging on to a piece of driftwood as he tried not to think about the temperature of the water he was in. But , it was cold as hell, Kyungsoo thought.

However, Jongin's reply was at least 20 times worse than any situation Kyungsoo'd ever been in.

" Hyung, that was iceberg Sehun. And we were lucky enough to make contact with it.. Yehet. "

Kyungsoo couldn't believe his ears. His ship with Jongin had sunk, all because of iceberg Sehun.

 

When Kyungsoo woke up for the second time that day, the first person he saw was Junmyeon. The leader had his back against the wall and his legs bent in front of him as he stared into space.

" Hyung, " Kyungsoo called gently.

" You're awake! Did you have a good nap? "

The series of events that happened in Kyungsoo's dream briefly replayed itself.

" No. Where is Jongin? "

" Before that, somebody has something to say to you. "

Junmyeon opened the door and shouted something in a language that was foreign to Kyungsoo. The latter waited patiently on his bed, smoothening out the creases on his blanket as he hummed to his favourite song.

" Sorry, can you give me a minute? " Junmyeon sighed, running a hand through his dark hair in frustration.

The younger boy nodded as he watched his hyung exit the room, shouting something about how 'the timing was ruined because somebody didn't respond to the secret code'. Kyungsoo laughed, getting out of bed so that he could get a clearer idea of what was happening in the living room.

Before he made it past the door, however, he bumped into someone tall and lanky. The person smelled like chocolate and bubble tea mixed together in the most delicious way possible, and it made Kyungsoo feel a tad annoyed because how was this kid going to have his dinner later on if he's already eaten something rather filling? He was about to open his mouth to say something until he looked up at the boy's face.

" Yo, " Sehun said rather awkwardly, displaying his usual poker face.

Iceberg Sehun, Kyungsoo thought angrily.

" Suho hyung, can you please come here he's making a face I think he's going to slap me. "

" Sehun, can you shhh, " Yixing's head peeked out from the other end of the hallway, " Junmyeon and I are going to start a romantic comedy. "

" But- "

" Bye, child, " Yixing waved as he disappeared around the corner, " Junmyeon says you need to deal with it yourself. "

Sehun cleared his throat as he turned to face Kyungsoo. " So, hyung, how's life? "

" What do you think? "

" Great? "

" Of course. "

Sehun started to walk away. " Cool, so ima just leave now. Have a nice day, hyung. I'm glad we worked this out. "

Where does he think he's going? To find Jongin? Well, I'd like to see him try, Kyungsoo thought as he chased after the pale skinned boy. The maknae took longer and faster strides when he noticed that Kyungsoo was coming for him, and the older boy wondered if Jongin chose Sehun over him because he had legs which were longer and more… fufilling.

Kyungsoo stopped chasing. Instead, he sat down on the floor, and he started to burst into tears. Sehun stopped walking and sighed as he strode back to his crying hyung, patting the latter's head awkwardly.

" What's going to happen to kaisoo now? " Kyungsoo started, wiping away the tears on his cheeks with the back of his hands. " Why doesn't Jongin love me anymore? Why you? Why Sekai? "

" Oh god, " Sehun rolled his eyes, " hyung, you need to learn how to take a joke. "

Kyungsoo sniffed as his eyes brightened up.

" Yeah, he was kidding. I kind of got him to do that, " Sehun explained nervously, " but that's not the point. The point is Jongin really digs your whole 'I may seem fluffy because I write kaisoo fics and am a er for hot tanned boys but actually I am the offspring of Satan' concept. "

" Really? "

" Yes. So please go to the closet in Chanyeol's room, right now. He's in there. "

Kyungsoo's eyes widened, and he looked more of a white-eyed rich boy than usual.

" Hun, if I hadn't cried, would you still have told me about Jongin hiding in the closet? "

" I would have texted you, because you really looked like you were going to hit me in the face. "

" Thank you. "

" Nah. So we're cool?" Sehun waited for Kyungsoo's nod before continuing, " So now I have to go explain things to Lu-ge because he had also misunderstood the whole thing. Why did I make trouble for myse- "

" Why Luhan hyung? "

" Oh. Hmm. I'll... explain it to you guys some other day. Go find your prince while Lu-ge waits for his, " Sehun grinned, gesturing to himself before walking away from Kyungsoo once again.

Kyungsoo smiled to himself as he made his way to Chanyeol's room, letting himself in before knocking.

" Kai, he's here, " Chanyeol laughed, kicking the closet gently.

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and the tall boy nodded at him. The shorter male then made his way to the piece of furniture that Jongin was hiding in.

" Jongin, open the door. "

" I'm sorry hyung. "

" It's oka-"

" No, it's not. I didn't know you would pass out like that. I shouldn't have listened to Sehu- "

Kyungsoo pulled the closet door open, revealing a Jongin with messy hair and reddish eyes. He had his legs bent in front of him, and pressed tightly against his chest was a pillow that just so happened to have Kyungsoo's face printed on it.

" Did you cry? "

Jongin nodded, then shook his head. " No. "

" Liar, " Chanyeol commented.

" Hyung. "

Kyungsoo chuckled, then proceeded to give Jongin a light hug.

" Can you guys not make out in my closet? "

Kyungsoo glared at Chanyeol, in which the latter mumbled a 'sorry but please do it outside my room instead' as he looked away. The doe eyed boy then grabbed hold of Jongin's hand, leading him out of the giant's room with a smile plastered on his face.

 

" Hyung... Are you mad at me? "

Kyungsoo shook his head, pouring Jongin and himself each a glass of orange juice. " But don't do that again, promise? "

Jongin nodded, waiting for the older to turn around before locking eyes with him. 

" Hyung, actually my secret is that... I'm a hardcore kaisoo shipper. "

Nice, Kyungsoo thought.

" Nice, " Kyungsoo said.

" Nice, " Jongin replied.

And indeed, everything did turn out nice after all, because it was Kyungsoo's favourite type of ending.

 


 

A/N: Thank you for reading. Upvoting, subscribing and commenting (especially) is very much appreciated, so do leave your feedback down below! ^-^ 

Have a nice day~

 

you may also check out my other fanfictions here 8D